ThePugilist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThePugilist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThePugilist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThePugilist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThePugilist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThePugilist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThePugilist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThePugilist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThePugilist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThePugilist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThePugilist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Over training and Nutrition

I was wondering a few things about over training and nutrition. I am almost certian that I have been over training but I was under the impression if you are over training you might tend to burn fat even though you aren't gaining muscle. Is putting fat on if you are over training a symptom of over training? I also seem to have lost muscle and strength, are these also symptoms? I have read many articles but thet don't seem to mention any of these specifically. I also was told from a trainer on this forum a while back that if I was over training and my nitrogen balance was off I didn't need to take a break from training to correct this I just needed to start eating correctly but I read another article that basically said the opposite of that, that I should take at least 2 weeks off or longer from training. Can anyone experienced on this subject fill in some blanks or perhaps might know of any articles that deal more specifically with not just over training and their symptoms but also the way to correct nitrogen imbalance and how long to break forcorrecting the overall problem to get back to making progress. Thanks very much

typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes, you can start to begin to store more fat because your hormones are so imbalanced from not allowing your body to re-coop. Your calories you're burning will be more glycogen stored than fat stored. I've done a lot of reading on this lately as I to have been eating to low on cals and burning to many cals. It's resulted in some major issues, one being chronic fatigue. It's a mental thing that I need to push past personally. I have been stuck in the "lose weight" phase for so long it becomes hard to gain! A female friend of mine was also stuck in this theory of low cals / lose weight. I told her to eat more - she lost 10 more lbs.

Like I said i'm in the same boat. Relax, give your body time to rest. Your results won't diminish with some rest or an extra day off. Eat good clean food, especially on your off days when your body is recovering. If you eat right you will never get fat, even if you over eat . Otherwise, you'll hurt yourself and be down for the count for much longer than a few days off!

h**p://marksdailyapple.com/overtraining/
    Last edited by typh; 08-01-2010 at 06:10 AM. Reason: typos

Scatdude1999 is not very helpful. (-500) Scatdude1999 is not very helpful. (-500) Scatdude1999 is not very helpful. (-500) Scatdude1999 is not very helpful. (-500) Scatdude1999 is not very helpful. (-500) Scatdude1999 is not very helpful. (-500) Scatdude1999 is not very helpful. (-500) Scatdude1999 is not very helpful. (-500) Scatdude1999 is not very helpful. (-500) Scatdude1999 is not very helpful. (-500) Scatdude1999 is not very helpful. (-500)
    your not gonna overtrain just from weight lifting

ThePugilist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThePugilist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThePugilist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThePugilist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThePugilist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThePugilist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThePugilist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThePugilist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThePugilist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThePugilist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThePugilist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by typh View Post
    Yes, you can start to begin to store more fat because your hormones are so imbalanced from not allowing your body to re-coop. Your calories you're burning will be more glycogen stored than fat stored. I've done a lot of reading on this lately as I to have been eating to low on cals and burning to many cals. It's resulted in some major issues, one being chronic fatigue. It's a mental thing that I need to push past personally. I have been stuck in the "lose weight" phase for so long it becomes hard to gain! A female friend of mine was also stuck in this theory of low cals / lose weight. I told her to eat more - she lost 10 more lbs.

Like I said i'm in the same boat. Relax, give your body time to rest. Your results won't diminish with some rest or an extra day off. Eat good clean food, especially on your off days when your body is recovering. If you eat right you will never get fat, even if you over eat . Otherwise, you'll hurt yourself and be down for the count for much longer than a few days off!

h**p://marksdailyapple.com/overtraining/
    thanks alot, some of that stuff is over my head with the nutrition but maybe that site will help explain some of it to me.