smarta55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smarta55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smarta55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smarta55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smarta55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smarta55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smarta55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smarta55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smarta55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smarta55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smarta55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Need some advice on water filters

I am considering buying a water filter but know nothing about this stuff.

I do not want to buy any filters which cost hundreds or thousands of bucks.

I also worry about filters, which are supposed to be good, turning into a problem because of bacteria. When you have to clean this stuff all the time then it's also not for me.

And what about those filters filtering out everything even the minerals? Then you get distilled water and isn't distilled water dangerous for consumption?

SynchroGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynchroGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynchroGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynchroGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynchroGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynchroGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynchroGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynchroGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynchroGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynchroGym will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynchroGym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    distilled water isn't dangerous. it just doesnt have any electrolytes or anything like that that regular water has so its sort of stripped of nutrients. its not unsafe though.

smarta55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smarta55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smarta55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smarta55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smarta55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smarta55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smarta55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smarta55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smarta55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smarta55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smarta55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    But when you drink it like normal water then won't it cause your electrolytes to go off balance? I always heard that when you drink too much distilled water you die. Is this not true?

When dou drink distilled water then what do you have to do to be safe?

JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Also, I believe bottled water is not as good for your teeth as normal tap water as there is no flouride. Tap water is best for flouride.

I just purchse 1.5L bottles of bottled water though. $0.70 each and I drink 2 p/ day. For $1.4 p/ day I don't mind spending that at all.

No need for water filters on my end but why don't you just go with a Brita? Fairly cheap, no cleaning and just replace the filter after certain amount of time.

kusok has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kusok has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kusok has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kusok has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kusok has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kusok has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kusok has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kusok has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kusok has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kusok has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kusok has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Under the sink. $75 per year.

iana_gee is on a distinguished road. (+10) iana_gee is on a distinguished road. (+10) iana_gee is on a distinguished road. (+10) iana_gee is on a distinguished road. (+10) iana_gee is on a distinguished road. (+10) iana_gee is on a distinguished road. (+10) iana_gee is on a distinguished road. (+10) iana_gee is on a distinguished road. (+10) iana_gee is on a distinguished road. (+10) iana_gee is on a distinguished road. (+10) iana_gee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Zero water! It comes with a reader so you can check if there are any contaminents in it. I bought for $35 a few days ago and it is by far the best tasting water I've ever had.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

@ justin

Fluoride is toxic. You don't want to drink this crap and drinking it also doesn't help your teeth one bit. This would be like eating soap in order to smell better....

@ kusok

What kind of filter do you have under the sink? Is this a reverse osmosis filter?

@ iana_gee

How long do those filters last? What I don't like about this is that the canisters and everything is made of plastic. In the end you have clean filtered water with chemicals which leak out of the plastic.

iana_gee is on a distinguished road. (+10) iana_gee is on a distinguished road. (+10) iana_gee is on a distinguished road. (+10) iana_gee is on a distinguished road. (+10) iana_gee is on a distinguished road. (+10) iana_gee is on a distinguished road. (+10) iana_gee is on a distinguished road. (+10) iana_gee is on a distinguished road. (+10) iana_gee is on a distinguished road. (+10) iana_gee is on a distinguished road. (+10) iana_gee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The filters last until the reader reads 0.06 m of particles or more than you have to replace them. A two pack is about 29$. Not all plastic leaks. If it is a #2 HDPE (high density polyethylene), or a #4 LDPE (low density polyethylene), or a #5 PP (polypropylene), your bottle is fine. The type of plastic bottle in which water is usually sold is usually a #1, and is only recommended for one time use.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by smarta55 View Post
    @ justin

Fluoride is toxic. You don't want to drink this crap and drinking it also doesn't help your teeth one bit. This would be like eating soap in order to smell better....

Flouride is toxic??? Not sure where you got your research.

What Is Fluoride?

Fluoride exists naturally in water sources and is derived from fluorine, the thirteenth most common element in the Earth's crust. It is well known that fluoride helps prevent and even reverse the early stages of tooth decay.

Fluoride and the Water Supply
    For over 60 years, water fluoridation has proved to be a safe and cost-effective way to reduce dental caries. Today, water fluoridation is estimated to reduce tooth decay by 20-40%. As of 2002, the CDC statistics show that almost 60% of the U.S. population receives fluoridated water through the taps in their homes. Some communities have naturally occurring fluoride in their water; others add it at water-processing plants.

Originally Posted by JustinStacks View Post
    Flouride is toxic??? Not sure where you got your research.

What Is Fluoride?

Fluoride exists naturally in water sources and is derived from fluorine, the thirteenth most common element in the Earth's crust. It is well known that fluoride helps prevent and even reverse the early stages of tooth decay.

Fluoride and the Water Supply
    For over 60 years, water fluoridation has proved to be a safe and cost-effective way to reduce dental caries. Today, water fluoridation is estimated to reduce tooth decay by 20-40%. As of 2002, the CDC statistics show that almost 60% of the U.S. population receives fluoridated water through the taps in their homes. Some communities have naturally occurring fluoride in their water; others add it at water-processing plants.
    I doubt that.

http://www.health-report.co.uk/fluor...one_cancer.htm

People in China who drink a lot of tea which contains much fluoride also suffer from bone fluorosis.