Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    runGIRLrun has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) runGIRLrun has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) runGIRLrun has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) runGIRLrun has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) runGIRLrun has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) runGIRLrun has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) runGIRLrun has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) runGIRLrun has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) runGIRLrun has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) runGIRLrun has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) runGIRLrun has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    How do any of you guys stay lean and muscular without gaining tons of weight from eating all these sugars late at night?? I thought sugars/carbs were bad to have right before your body goes into a catabolic state (sleeping)... am I wrong? Whatever happened to 'timing is everything'??

Whenever I want some chocolate or a "late night" snack, I mix a scoop (33g) of casein with water, mixing and adding a little more water as you go, until you have a dough-like substance. I spoon out four small balls onto a plate and microwave for about 4 minutes (or less if you want it more mushy).... scoop a little almond butter on top of each one while its warm so it melts. Taa daa! Casein chocolate almond cookies!

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by runGIRLrun View Post
    How do any of you guys stay lean and muscular without gaining tons of weight from eating all these sugars late at night?? I thought sugars/carbs were bad to have right before your body goes into a catabolic state (sleeping)... am I wrong? Whatever happened to 'timing is everything'??
    That is totally a myth that somehow got perpetuated, but timing certainly isn't everything. You can eat anything you want before bed and as long as it fits withing your daily calories (and macros to a degree) you certainly won't get fat from it. There is nothing wrong with eating carbs/sugars late at night. Keep in mind that even during sleep the body is hard at work repairing tissues.
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.

KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000)

Whenever I want some chocolate or a "late night" snack, I mix a scoop (33g) of casein with water, mixing and adding a little more water as you go, until you have a dough-like substance. I spoon out four small balls onto a plate and microwave for about 4 minutes (or less if you want it more mushy).... scoop a little almond butter on top of each one while its warm so it melts. Taa daa! Casein chocolate almond cookies!
    I never thought about microwaving my Casein...I'll have to give this one a try! Thanks for the idea

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Last night I had chocolate protein powder mixed with vanilla yogurt, cocoa, stevia, some kashi golean crunch cereal, cinnamon, frozen blueberries, raspberries and strawberries, and a spoonful of crunchy peanut butter on top! Mmmmmmm! I do this with vanilla protein too It's my new favourite!

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It must be our retardedly amazing genetics.
    ^_^

shakeurbody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    at night, I snack on apples and carrots. I love munching on those.

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by fitlover View Post
    It must be our retardedly amazing genetics.
    LOL, that must totally be it! :P
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.

olivia39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah, i get this problem too. i just drink milk and lots of water. it's been effective on making me not feel hungry.

Zandria is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zandria is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zandria is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zandria is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zandria is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zandria is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zandria is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zandria is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zandria is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zandria is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zandria is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I go with green veggies, they fill me up fast, almost always fit into the macros and I dont feel guilty after.

MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just out of curiosity... microwaving protein mix doesn't change it's composition? I make protein brownies and cookies, and such and have been wondering about this...
    Trauma survivor and women's advocate since 2007.

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MsDesi View Post
    Just out of curiosity... microwaving protein mix doesn't change it's composition? I make protein brownies and cookies, and such and have been wondering about this...
    Nope. It's fine. To cut and paste from a previous thread:

Originally Posted by emma-leigh
    Originally Posted by Blacksmith80 View Post
    Its not good to put protein in hot drink.
    Originally Posted by hyacinth30 View Post
    Why is that? Does it change the protein structure?
    It is fine.

Just 'changing protein structure' is not an issue for what most people eat protein for (that is - to gain amino acids)... eg: 'change protein structure' when you whip egg whites, or cook eggs, etc... So => You can still digest the protein.

The difference is that when you cook a protein you can alter any biological FUNCTION it had (eg: growth factor, immunoglobulin etc) < so you lose any 'secondary benefits' over and above that of simply being a protein source.

MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh View Post
    Nope. It's fine. To cut and paste from a previous thread:
    Thank you very much! I pretty much thought that was the case... just wanted make sure when my BB friends ask me about protein structure changes when cooking it, that I was giving them the correct info.
    Trauma survivor and women's advocate since 2007.

Tyrus123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by youcanttouch23 View Post
    ......ate dinner 3 hours ago but my tummy is starting to grumble.
    I usually do this specially when the times that I was still going to gym, it will gonna be hard for you to resist that habit lol.
    here's some interesting article about it bitly.com/OvernightSnack