PumpyFunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PumpyFunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PumpyFunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PumpyFunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PumpyFunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PumpyFunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PumpyFunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PumpyFunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PumpyFunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PumpyFunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PumpyFunk is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lat Spread Pose...

Hey all. Was wondering if anyone who has not so stellar Lats, or has had trouble with the Front and Rear Lat Spread Pose, do you have any tips to help improve the Pose itself or create the illusion if you will that your Lats are better thn they really are? My Lats are terrible, and I'm having trouble bringing them out. I watch videos on posing, but am still having trouble with it. My show is in 4 weeks, and I'm struggling to get this sucker down. Any advice/tips are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    KEEP PUMPIN'...

Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by PumpyFunk View Post
    Hey all. Was wondering if anyone who has not so stellar Lats, or has had trouble with the Front and Rear Lat Spread Pose, do you have any tips to help improve the Pose itself or create the illusion if you will that your Lats are better thn they really are? My Lats are terrible, and I'm having trouble bringing them out. I watch videos on posing, but am still having trouble with it. My show is in 4 weeks, and I'm struggling to get this sucker down. Any advice/tips are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    unfortunately lats are one of those areas that are nearly impossible to create an illusion with, especially in the rear lat spread... you either got em or you don't. Legs are a different story as far as standing different ways that can make them appear larger. Sorry, i know this doesn't help much...

Perhaps a better poser than I has some tips I'm not aware of though. Post some pics of your rear/front lat spread and maybe we can spot something your doing wrong..
    U.S. Soldier
    Competitive bodybuilder

Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Fjock View Post
    unfortunately lats are one of those areas that are nearly impossible to create an illusion with, especially in the rear lat spread... you either got em or you don't. Legs are a different story as far as standing different ways that can make them appear larger. Sorry, i know this doesn't help much...

Perhaps a better poser than I has some tips I'm not aware of though. Post some pics of your rear/front lat spread and maybe we can spot something your doing wrong..
    This really...pics would really help. Knowing how to flex your lats is pretty key, all about the mind muscle connection. If you just have small lats then theres not a whole lot that can be done.

PumpyFunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PumpyFunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PumpyFunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PumpyFunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PumpyFunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PumpyFunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PumpyFunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PumpyFunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PumpyFunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PumpyFunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PumpyFunk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sounds good fellas. As soon as I can get my brother to take some pics I will post them. Thank you guys.
    KEEP PUMPIN'...

Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    For a rear lat try first relaxing and then rolling your shoulders down. Once in that position just pull them forward until you reach your widest position.

For a front lat push your chest up keep the abs tight and do the same thing as the rear lat with the shoulders .. the difference will be to pull your shoulders more forward. Really get the shoulders to pop and your chest to pop and look thicker as well. There's more to show in a front lat pose than just lats that you can barely see. Give the judges something to set you apart from the guy beside you.
    My $0.02 is worth $0.03

Gerry1251 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerry1251 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerry1251 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerry1251 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerry1251 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerry1251 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerry1251 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerry1251 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerry1251 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerry1251 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerry1251 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Agree with Barn. Front lat, want to look as wide as possible. Set legs (every pose is built from legs up), deep breath in to raise delts and chest hands should wrap around sides at navel level and elbows slightly back. Exhale to show abs. Tough pose to master.

Keep practicing and good luck.