CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

HIIT or Keto diet

What are your guys opinions for better results for a guy who loves his HIIT workouts? Stick with regular diet and keep doing HIIT or start Keto and drop it?
    no sig

Ketogenic and Bionic. BritishFighter's Avatar
    BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You can lose fat using a Keto diet, and NO exercise. You can lose fat with a "regular" calorie restricted diet, and NO exercise too. But.....a Keto diet with weight lifting incorporated will get you ripped quickly.

HIIT is fine if you're eating at a calorie deficit and you just want to be "skinny". If you want to look lean and muscled, lift heavy and eat keto foods. Done deal.

www.undergroundnutritionist.com

Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So keto isn't really an option for someone who does HIIT? (I train in MMA, kind of a requirement. I was looking into it/like the results I see with people, but am doubting if it can fit with my lifestyle.

BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Taurean508 View Post
    So keto isn't really an option for someone who does HIIT? (I train in MMA, kind of a requirement. I was looking into it/like the results I see with people, but am doubting if it can fit with my lifestyle.
    Absolutely it's an option......I was basically saying that you'd be better off doing Keto, and lifting heavy.....basically because I don't see much benefit for anyone to do HIIT at all.

Losing fat is 90% diet, and 10% exercise. You don't have to exercise AT ALL to lose weight. I would think that some kind of endurance/stamina training would be better than HIIT for MMA....to help you last-out through 3-5 rounds. :-)

Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BritishFighter View Post
    Absolutely it's an option......I was basically saying that you'd be better off doing Keto, and lifting heavy.....basically because I don't see much benefit for anyone to do HIIT at all.

Losing fat is 90% diet, and 10% exercise. You don't have to exercise AT ALL to lose weight. I would think that some kind of endurance/stamina training would be better than HIIT for MMA....to help you last-out through 3-5 rounds. :-)
    I agree with it being 90% diet. Eh, I have a good endurance base, I need to get used to the 3-5 minute spurts of pure insanity/1 minute rest kind of thing =/

This is basically what Im worried about:

"CARDIO should be performed at a low intensity (under 120bpm heartrate). This will ensure that you use FAT as a fuelsource since as your heartrate increase, carbohydrates begin to become the preferred fuel of choice for the body. When on a low carb diet, you're body will break down muscle and turn that into carbs. Remember, Fat CANNOT be changed into carbs. Therefore, for bodybuilding, the rule of cardio should be LONG DURATION, LOW INTENSITY

never do less than 20 min per session

The BOTTOM LINE is that low intensity cardio (while you might need more of it) ensures that fat is utilized and muscle is spared (especially while on my high protein/moderate fat/low carb diety)."

I took this from the Dave Palumbo thread in the regular Nutrition forum. Any thoughts on this? or nothing worth worrying about?

Thanks for the reply!

New and Improved...daily mstockwe87's Avatar
    mstockwe87 is just really nice. (+1000) mstockwe87 is just really nice. (+1000) mstockwe87 is just really nice. (+1000) mstockwe87 is just really nice. (+1000) mstockwe87 is just really nice. (+1000) mstockwe87 is just really nice. (+1000) mstockwe87 is just really nice. (+1000) mstockwe87 is just really nice. (+1000) mstockwe87 is just really nice. (+1000) mstockwe87 is just really nice. (+1000) mstockwe87 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Taurean508 View Post
    I agree with it being 90% diet. Eh, I have a good endurance base, I need to get used to the 3-5 minute spurts of pure insanity/1 minute rest kind of thing =/

This is basically what Im worried about:

"CARDIO should be performed at a low intensity (under 120bpm heartrate). This will ensure that you use FAT as a fuelsource since as your heartrate increase, carbohydrates begin to become the preferred fuel of choice for the body. When on a low carb diet, you're body will break down muscle and turn that into carbs. Remember, Fat CANNOT be changed into carbs. Therefore, for bodybuilding, the rule of cardio should be LONG DURATION, LOW INTENSITY

never do less than 20 min per session

The BOTTOM LINE is that low intensity cardio (while you might need more of it) ensures that fat is utilized and muscle is spared (especially while on my high protein/moderate fat/low carb diety)."

I took this from the Dave Palumbo thread in the regular Nutrition forum. Any thoughts on this? or nothing worth worrying about?

Thanks for the reply!
    If you're gearing your goal towards cardiovascular performance AND weight loss you will need carbohydrates. HIIT is great for both, but it is typically more mentally challenging as well as more stressful on your metabolic pathways. HIIT improves endurance primarily via increases of VO2 max and the efficiency of oxygen transport on a cellular basis. You'll need stores of glycogen to power your glycolitic pathway if you do HIIT. To do so without carbohydrates would risk muscle loss.
    320lbs to 183lbs in 9 months? ya damn right I did it.

?Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."
    -Arnold

Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000)
    if u like ur hiit do it with carbs cuz keto isnt gunna fuel u. i hate cardio so i like keto i do slow ass jogs with heavy ass lifts
    1k+ 100% of the time

swimmer2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swimmer2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swimmer2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swimmer2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swimmer2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swimmer2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swimmer2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swimmer2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swimmer2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swimmer2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) swimmer2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Varies frmo person to person. If you have a hueg sweet tooth and love carbs, go for the HIIT and keep the carbs. But if you can easily go without carbs, or don't really like to work out, go for keto. The results are going to be pretty similar though. Then again, when it comes to overall physical heatlh, the HIIT and a balanced diet are probably best!

Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    HIIT is fine with keto.. no energy issue... MUCH better fat loss then LISS.. you are not in the high end long enough to become catabolic..

if you like HIIT do HIIT.. if you like LISS do LISS.. most important issue is caloric deficite.. if you dont wanna eat 1600 calories.. eat 1800 calories and do some cardio on top of your weight training

Sorry BF.. this is one of the few things we dont agree on :-)
    THE KETO DIET-- www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/forums/nutrition/2156-ckd-cyclical.html

http://www.coconutoil.com/truth_saturated_fats.htm
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584922,00.html

Originally Posted by mstockwe87 View Post
    If you're gearing your goal towards cardiovascular performance AND weight loss you will need carbohydrates. HIIT is great for both, but it is typically more mentally challenging as well as more stressful on your metabolic pathways. HIIT improves endurance primarily via increases of VO2 max and the efficiency of oxygen transport on a cellular basis. You'll need stores of glycogen to power your glycolitic pathway if you do HIIT. To do so without carbohydrates would risk muscle loss.
    Do you do Keto?

You look like you're quite knowledgable as far as nutrition and physiology goes, but you keep talking about carbohydrates being protein sparing......which I won't dispute.......but Keto is known as a "protein sparing diet" because it is high-fat and adequate protein. This means that while on Keto, fat becomes the body's primary fuel source, BUT an adequate amount of protein is supplied to prevent the body from catabolizing existing muscle mass. In the same way that carbs are protein sparing in a regular diet, dietary protein in the Ketogenic diet is protein sparing by it's very nature. Even if your body needs to "dip into" protein stores in the absence of another usable fuel source, it will use blood-borne free floating dietary protein sources before it begins to break down actual muscle tissue.

That's one of the reasons that Keto is a great cutting tool, because it allows the dieter to retain existing muscle mass while systematically dropping fat......unlike conventional calorie restricted diets.

I don't believe that the body actually "needs" carbs for any type of workout, especially when weight-loss is the goal. Carbs are definitely necessary in controlled doses while trying to gain muscle mass.....because of the anabolic nature of a carb induced insulin response........hence the CKD and TKD variations of the Ketogenic diet.