xkrazymattx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xkrazymattx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xkrazymattx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xkrazymattx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xkrazymattx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xkrazymattx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xkrazymattx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xkrazymattx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xkrazymattx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xkrazymattx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xkrazymattx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Just got out of the hospital.....

Well guys i just recently got out of the hospital 2 days ago. I was in for about a week due to the fact that part of my colon had died. They ended up removing the right side of the colon and appendix. Both the dr and the surgeon have absolutely no idea on how/why this has happened as i am only 25 years old and this is typically seen in people 60+ What he was THINKING but couldnt prove was that there could of been a clot in the main artery the feeds the colon which is why the right side has died. I've been workin out for the past 6 years on and off many different supplements. Multi's, Omegas, Creatine, Fat Burners, Natural Anabolic compounds(blue gene, Natadrol), numerous proteins and my question is that if any of you could see a link between possibly taking supplements and causing this to happen. I have always following the proper instructions with dosing and cycling off and on. I was never one to abuse supplements by mixing things i shouldnt have or taking more than what was recommended by the manufacturer. I am very curious to what has caused this since even my dr's dont know. They feel that supplementation did not cause this. Im gonna be out of the gym for about 6 weeks as i now have a 10" incision in my stomach which needs to heel. Dr's ruled out chrones disease, cancer, tumors, unknown masses, heart valves, holes in the heart... they are absolutely clueless. I just wanted to maybe get some other opinions maybe from people who have either had the same issue.. or know some good science about long term effects of what supplements have on you. Any input or feedback would be great Thanks!
    09/2004 ~ 350lbs (HOLY JESUS i cant even remember myself bein this fat)
    12/10/2008 ~ 219lbs (FINALLY got below that dreaded 230lb barrier 131LBS LOST! )
    02/11/2009 ~230lbs
    7/20/2010- ~ 255
    8/29/2010 ~ 240 Having to rebuild all my strength.. thank you week long stay in the hospital and major emergency surgery

mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sounds more like a genetic thing. Why did they rule out Crohn's? What about Colitis? No inflammation found?

I've heard of people getting a twist or kink in their bowels which cuts off some blood supply.

How much did you have removed?

Very doubtful any OTC supps had anything to do with it.

I hope you have a speedy and full recovery.

TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Unfortunately there are no known causes for blood clots.

Things like smoking and diabetes and a bad diet can lead to such things, but at your age that seems unlikely.

Bad luck of the draw man.
    Krispy Kreme Krew Forever.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity.

jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TMac26 View Post

Things like smoking and diabetes and a bad diet can lead to such things, but at your age that seems unlikely.

my thoughts exactly

xkrazymattx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xkrazymattx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xkrazymattx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xkrazymattx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xkrazymattx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xkrazymattx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xkrazymattx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xkrazymattx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xkrazymattx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xkrazymattx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xkrazymattx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mrusa85 View Post
    Sounds more like a genetic thing. Why did they rule out Crohn's? What about Colitis? No inflammation found?

I've heard of people getting a twist or kink in their bowels which cuts off some blood supply.

How much did you have removed?

Very doubtful any OTC supps had anything to do with it.

I hope you have a speedy and full recovery.
    I dont know why the ruled it out but they said the tests they ran to see if i have it came up negative. Also colitis was ruled out as well too. No inflammations found. Literally there were no leading signs to as why this has happened. Im not sure exactly as far as in length for what was removed, but he stated that the whole entire right side of my colon and appendix.

No smoking..no diabetes...and diet has always been for the most part in check i mean were not all perfect so im not gonna say my diet was 100% clean all the time because it wasnt. When i ate bad it typically would get worked out in my next beastly gym session.

All the muscle that ive worked puttin on too is all down the drain Im down 20lbs and counting. The number seems to be getting higher each day even tho im eating. I cant eat nearly as much as what i was able to before due to bein on a straight ice chip diet for 6 days in the hospital. My stomach is almost non-existent to fill.
    12/10/2008 ~ 219lbs (FINALLY got below that dreaded 230lb barrier 131LBS LOST! )
    02/11/2009 ~230lbs
    7/20/2010- ~ 255
    8/29/2010 ~ 240 Having to rebuild all my strength.. thank you week long stay in the hospital and major emergency surgery

JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000)
    I had something last year called intussusception, where part of the intestine telescopes in on itsself. They were about to do surgery to fix it, but I convinced them to just have me stay at the hosptial overnight to see if it resolved, as it sometimes resolves on it's own. Fortunately, mine resolved, but had it not, that section of my colon would have died. I am, of course, an avid supplement user, but I don't think there was a link. In fact, with intussusception, it is normally seen in infants/toddlers, but I had a weak area where my intestine had been reattached to my colon when I was 3 years old due to a surgery for a gun shot wound (long story).

Did you have alot of pain in the 24 hours leading up to this? Could it have been intussusception? Maybe you should ask. Could supplements have caused this? I doubt it.

getpumped00 is just really nice. (+1000) getpumped00 is just really nice. (+1000) getpumped00 is just really nice. (+1000) getpumped00 is just really nice. (+1000) getpumped00 is just really nice. (+1000) getpumped00 is just really nice. (+1000) getpumped00 is just really nice. (+1000) getpumped00 is just really nice. (+1000) getpumped00 is just really nice. (+1000) getpumped00 is just really nice. (+1000) getpumped00 is just really nice. (+1000)
    did you have any Constipation before you saw your doctor? the reason you might want to find out what caused this to happen.

I have a friend who had a similar issue and had part of her colon removed due to being ripped. The reason was sunflower seeds believe it or not. The sunflower seeds made her Constipated in a very bad way that she had to have surgery for that.

Well, good luck bro i hope you feel well soon.

Edit: i wanted to add that i dont remember if she had said the colon had died or not.. I just know the sunflower seed ripped her colon apart.
    "If it's not intense... It's not worth it."

Originally Posted by JC-orginalbdass View Post
    I had something last year called intussusception, where part of the intestine telescopes in on itsself. They were about to do surgery to fix it, but I convinced them to just have me stay at the hosptial overnight to see if it resolved, as it sometimes resolves on it's own. Fortunately, mine resolved, but had it not, that section of my colon would have died. I am, of course, an avid supplement user, but I don't think there was a link. In fact, with intussusception, it is normally seen in infants/toddlers, but I had a weak area where my intestine had been reattached to my colon when I was 3 years old due to a surgery for a gun shot wound (long story).

Did you have alot of pain in the 24 hours leading up to this? Could it have been intussusception? Maybe you should ask. Could supplements have caused this? I doubt it.
    I had ALOT of pain that continued to escalate all day until the point of me being unable to bare the pain going to the hospital. When the surgeon opened me up he said that the colon was already dead and that it was actually less than 24hr aways from the entire colon rupturing.

Originally Posted by getpumped00 View Post
    did you have any Constipation before you saw your doctor? the reason you might want to find out what caused this to happen.

I have a friend who had a similar issue and had part of her colon removed due to being ripped. The reason was sunflower seeds believe it or not. The sunflower seeds made her Constipated in a very bad way that she had to have surgery for that.

Well, good luck bro i hope you feel well soon.

Edit: i wanted to add that i dont remember if she had said the colon had died or not.. I just know the sunflower seed ripped her colon apart.
    It was actually quite the opposite... i had nothing but diarrhea for a few days prior to me being in the hospital. I was going alright....lol just nothing solid
    02/11/2009 ~230lbs
    7/20/2010- ~ 255

mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What's the doc's gameplan now? Are you on a low-residue diet?

Originally Posted by mrusa85 View Post
    What's the doc's gameplan now? Are you on a low-residue diet?
    Yeah, other than that there is no game plan.

I go in next tuesday to get the staples removed and i just keep recovering and then back to work in 4-5 weeks hopefully along with the gym.
    02/11/2009 ~230lbs
    7/20/2010- ~ 255

GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well just make sure you dont hit up the gym too early, best thing to do is to listen to your body to know when its ready, Its about the long run and health comes in first, hope everything go's well with your recovery.

MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I highly doubt that it had anything to do with supplements.

There are literally thousands possible things that can either cause clots or make clots more likely to happen.

It's just bad luck. You get 18 year old kids that are healthy who get clots for no apparent reason and some of them die from them.
    Vikings--Wolves-Gophers
    ***United----MNUFC***
    *****Celiac Bruh*****

GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    the human body is very weird, I hurt my knee a month ago running I think because I dont even know when I hurt it, I dont feel no pain or anything, it just feels weaker then my other knee/leg. I went to the doc he checked it out, did a X-RAY and showed nothing and its still weak. Its gotten a little better last 2 or 3 days but not worth trying to do cardio on it yet. I keep hot patching it and then ice'ing it and hopeing it just gets better

strongpointe85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongpointe85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongpointe85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongpointe85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongpointe85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongpointe85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongpointe85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongpointe85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongpointe85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongpointe85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongpointe85 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I had something weird happen to me as well. About 4 years ago, I had a dull pain that kept worsening in my midsection. I thought nothing of it and figured it was a stomach bug of some sort. One day, I was out golfing and all of a sudden a pain shot up through my entire body and I felt completely numb. I told the people I was with that there was something seriously wrong so I went home and lied down for a bit. Soon, the pain returned and I knew I had to go to the ER. There were STONES growing on my freaking appendix! The doctors were baffled and the only thing they could think of was that it may have been some strange reaction to one of the supplements I was taking at the time. This just goes to show that no matter what we have documented, everybody truly is different and our bodies react to certain things in strange ways.

I wish you a fast recovery and I'll sub to this thread because I can relate to the whole medical mystery subject. If you'd like to PM me feel free!

Regards,
    Jeff
    Unstoppable yet refined.

Yeah it just sucks not knowing what truly caused this. It be nice to know if theres something i should work on preventing for the future to ensure that this doesnt happen again. Dont have too much colon left... LOL. Thanks so far for everyones support and comments, i truly do appreciate it!
    02/11/2009 ~230lbs
    7/20/2010- ~ 255

thundaclap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thundaclap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thundaclap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thundaclap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thundaclap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thundaclap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thundaclap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thundaclap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thundaclap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thundaclap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thundaclap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Have you ever supplemented arachidonic acid?

Originally Posted by thundaclap View Post
    Have you ever supplemented arachidonic acid?
    Not that i know of.... not really too familiar with arachidonic acid.

Edit: Why do you ask?
    02/11/2009 ~230lbs
    7/20/2010- ~ 255

thundaclap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thundaclap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thundaclap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thundaclap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thundaclap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thundaclap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thundaclap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thundaclap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thundaclap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thundaclap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thundaclap is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by xkrazymattx View Post
    Not that i know of.... not really too familiar with arachidonic acid.

Edit: Why do you ask?
    This reminded me of a thread I read while considering whether to take arachidonic acid or not.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...1&postcount=96

davidallen03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) davidallen03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) davidallen03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) davidallen03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) davidallen03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) davidallen03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) davidallen03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) davidallen03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) davidallen03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) davidallen03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) davidallen03 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Its more common in the elderly, but not UNCOMMON in people of any age. These kinds of things happen. I'm 24 and I have acid-reflux like a 50+ year old. I've had it since I was 16 and I had never taken a supplement other than a multivitamin at that point in my life. Different things just happen to different people. Take it easy in recovery. Rest is one of the most important things you can do.
    Nope.

TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by thundaclap View Post
    This reminded me of a thread I read while considering whether to take arachidonic acid or not.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...1&postcount=96

OP said that no inflammation was found. So that would automatically rule out AA even if he was using it.

OP, have you ever taken Accutane? I was recently reading my wifes Nursing Monthly magazine and there have been lots and lots of reports of Accutane causing severe intestinal issues.
    Krispy Kreme Krew Forever.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity.

StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StoliFun has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by xkrazymattx View Post
    It was actually quite the opposite... i had nothing but diarrhea for a few days prior to me being in the hospital. I was going alright....lol just nothing solid
    Yeah, the diarrhea was because your large intestine was, for whatever reason, not doing its job (absorbing water) during those days.

Incidentally, the same thing that docs think killed part of your colon (a blood clot) is also what wrecked House's leg (clot lead to death of some muscle in his leg). I guess that puts you in good company.

OP, have you ever taken Accutane? I was recently reading my wifes Nursing Monthly magazine and there have been lots and lots of reports of Accutane causing severe intestinal issues.
    Those intestinal issues are inflammatory autoimmune conditions like Crohn's and ulcerative colitis. OP was negative for those.
    Last edited by StoliFun; 07-28-2010 at 05:28 PM.

bclark22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bclark22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bclark22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bclark22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bclark22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bclark22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bclark22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bclark22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bclark22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bclark22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bclark22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you're gonna need more than 6 weeks

Doc told me that after my hernia surgery....ended up taking about 6 months off almost as advised by another doc and how I felt

JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000)
    It sounds like you need this guy...

OP said that no inflammation was found. So that would automatically rule out AA even if he was using it.

Never took accutane. Ive seen all the commercials from the laywers saying if youve taken accutane...blah blah blah. but no, ive never taken it.

Originally Posted by bclark22 View Post
    you're gonna need more than 6 weeks

Doc told me that after my hernia surgery....ended up taking about 6 months off almost as advised by another doc and how I felt
    Well See, the Dr told me i can go back to doing cardio after 2 weeks but nothing that stretches the abdominal muscles for ATLEAST 6 weeks...but i havent really been doin much.. the GF borrowed some PS3 games from her friends and ive been playin God Of War 3 and Modern Warefare 2 and thats about it lol.
    02/11/2009 ~230lbs
    7/20/2010- ~ 255