Genocidal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Genocidal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Genocidal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Genocidal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Genocidal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Genocidal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Genocidal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Genocidal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Genocidal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Genocidal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Genocidal will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Another Squat Question.

At first, I believe my squat form was correct. Once I got to a little heavier weights (like today) I noticed my form is complete crap. I have read over the Squatting chapter in the SS Book and watched a little of the squatting video just to make sure I know what I'm doing this time.

My question is should I reset my squat weight by a 10-20-30 pounds? or just continue with the 10lb progression? I really want to make sure my form is near perfect so that I will not have problems with the lift in the future.

Also, if I was to lower the weight, should i do the same with my other lifts so I will not have odd numbers within the lifts and potentially cause muscle imbalances?

Today was my 9th workout on Starting Strength.

Research Associate adoboandryce's Avatar
    adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Genocidal View Post
    At first, I believe my squat form was correct. Once I got to a little heavier weights (like today) I noticed my form is complete crap. I have read over the Squatting chapter in the SS Book and watched a little of the squatting video just to make sure I know what I'm doing this time.

My question is should I reset my squat weight by a 10-20-30 pounds? or just continue with the 10lb progression? I really want to make sure my form is near perfect so that I will not have problems with the lift in the future.

Also, if I was to lower the weight, should i do the same with my other lifts so I will not have odd numbers within the lifts and potentially cause muscle imbalances?

Today was my 9th workout on Starting Strength.
    if squats is the only lift that needs fixing, don't reset your other lifts. the fact that you squat 3 times a week, your squats are easily going to catch up with the rest of your lifts.

as for what weight start from again after fixing your form, go as light as proper form allows, whether this means 30 or 50 lbs., then do your 3x5's and with each successful workout add 10 lbs. when you can't do it anymore, start adding 5 pounds. this is all in the book. the time used to fix these problems will not be in vain.
    Wilmar, aka adoboandryce
    San Diego, CA USA

-Blog: http://www.wilmarworksout.com
    -Fitocracy s/n: Wilmar

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by adoboandryce View Post
    if squats is the only lift that needs fixing, don't reset your other lifts. the fact that you squat 3 times a week, your squats are easily going to catch up with the rest of your lifts.

as for what weight start from again after fixing your form, go as light as proper form allows, whether this means 30 or 50 lbs., then do your 3x5's and with each successful workout add 10 lbs. when you can't do it anymore, start adding 5 pounds. this is all in the book. the time used to fix these problems will not be in vain.
    ^ Excellent answer.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

Genocidal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Genocidal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Genocidal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Genocidal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Genocidal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Genocidal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Genocidal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Genocidal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Genocidal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Genocidal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Genocidal will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Alright thanks for the answer.

Alright, so today I completed another workout on Starting Strength and noticed I had a problem with the bar rolling down my back. I try to find the "shelf" that rippetoe talks about in the book, putting my elbows up higher and being sure to keep the weight on my back, not my wrists, but I am having no luck. I am pretty sure I have a lack of flexibility in the shoulder girdle which might be the cause of this problem. Any ideas?

I am also thinking about recording my form Friday and posting it here to make sure that my form is correct and that I have the bar at the right position.

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Low bar will require you to rest the bar on the nook between your posterior and lateral delts (it sits on top of the posterior delt). You will have to use more forward lean than a high bar squat, to keep the bar in place. You should not be having to hold the bar wit your hands really. Resting them on the bar, and then lifting your elbows will just provide pressure to keep it in its place on your delts.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -

Location: N.Ireland - Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Alright, so today I completed another workout on Starting Strength and noticed I had a problem with the bar rolling down my back. I try to find the "shelf" that rippetoe talks about in the book, putting my elbows up higher and being sure to keep the weight on my back, not my wrists, but I am having no luck. I am pretty sure I have a lack of flexibility in the shoulder girdle which might be the cause of this problem. Any ideas?

I am also thinking about recording my form Friday and posting it here to make sure that my form is correct and that I have the bar at the right position.
    Do you find it rolls down immediately? Or after a rep or two?

It is easy to lose rigidity after a rep. Remember to keep you chest up.
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves…" - Dao de Ching

The biggest secret in life is not that we go through life discovering ourselves but that we go through life creating our selves. Think about that.

Originally Posted by matt297 View Post
    Do you find it rolls down immediately? Or after a rep or two?

It is easy to lose rigidity after a rep. Remember to keep you chest up.
    The first rep is no problem. Once i get to the third or the fourth, it starts to roll down.

Research Associate adoboandryce's Avatar
    adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The first rep is no problem. Once i get to the third or the fourth, it starts to roll down.
    narrowing your grip and also thinking "chest up" should help. a video would further help us clinic your issue, but the above replies are also pretty explanatory.
    Wilmar, aka adoboandryce
    San Diego, CA USA

-Blog: http://www.wilmarworksout.com
    -Fitocracy s/n: Wilmar

narrowing your grip and also thinking "chest up" should help. a video would further help us clinic your issue, but the above replies are also pretty explanatory.
    I will start using the "chest up" thinking. The problem with narrowing my grip is that I cannot just put my hands over top of the bar and let it sit on my delts. The weight always ends up on my wrists.

I will start using the "chest up" thinking. The problem with narrowing my grip is that I cannot just put my hands over top of the bar and let it sit on my delts. The weight always ends up on my wrists.
    Don't wrap your thumbs around the bar (if you are).

If all else fails, experiment with a high bar position. You can still do a wide stance, sit back style like Rip teaches, you'll just have a more upright torso when doing so.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -

t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10) t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10) t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10) t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10) t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10) t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10) t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10) t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10) t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10) t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10) t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Welllll couple things cheif. Deload IMO if you know your form sucks, then it probably sucks. As far as the low bar position. Try squeezing your shoulder blades together, and for lack of a better phrase, pulling your chest to the bar. I do pinkys on the rings that way it forces your back to flex.

GL
    I Rep Back.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=671123731#post671123731

^Try to make it happen^

wwkingms is on a distinguished road. (+10) wwkingms is on a distinguished road. (+10) wwkingms is on a distinguished road. (+10) wwkingms is on a distinguished road. (+10) wwkingms is on a distinguished road. (+10) wwkingms is on a distinguished road. (+10) wwkingms is on a distinguished road. (+10) wwkingms is on a distinguished road. (+10) wwkingms is on a distinguished road. (+10) wwkingms is on a distinguished road. (+10) wwkingms is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I love the low bar technique myself... I do feel the bar roll here and there and every once and a while I gotta kinda "shake it" back up my back

Everything was going fine until I started getting terrible wrist pain.

See my arms don't bend back to far due to terrible should and back flexibilty therefore wat bends back the most is my wrists.

I actualy have to use wraps now and wrap up to my palm to take some load off my wrists....

I'm squatting into the 400's now and I can't have some stabbing pain ruining my sets