Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    kevan25 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Peanuts as the ultimate snack?

I heard and seen many sources that say if you're hungry, your best bet is to snack on nuts. But what kind of nuts? Must it be the raw one that still comes with the shell or is roasted peanuts and packed ones okay?

Jimdutson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jimdutson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jimdutson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jimdutson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jimdutson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jimdutson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jimdutson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jimdutson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jimdutson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jimdutson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jimdutson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    depends on what you are trying to do cut/bulk? have you worked out your macro's?

i eat walnut halves but just make them fit my macros.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    There is no best. Peanuts are OK but you'd be getting a lot of salt unless they are unsalted. I prefer more carb than that and generally prefer more variety.

They are also very calorie dense. I would overconsume calories if I didn't weigh them - but YMMV

Also there is probably good reason to keep your levels of phytic acid down:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/nuts-and-phytic-acid/

MendozaPower is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MendozaPower is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MendozaPower is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MendozaPower is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MendozaPower is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MendozaPower is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MendozaPower is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MendozaPower is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MendozaPower is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MendozaPower is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MendozaPower is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    brb chewing 2k calorie in 20 minute
    Hi fren, do u mind to join me on my journey to 230kg Squat@62kg bodyweight? If not, lets do this together!

Current Stats: bodyweight 64kg\138lbs

Squat - 220kg\440lb(yes belt no sleeve)@bw64kg

Conventional Deadlift- 250kg\507lbs(yes straps yes belt)

Weighted dips-70kg Extra========>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjHgkDnRmC0

lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great bulking snack... but can throw off a cut... I'd go for one of those carrot, celery, cucumber dipping things on a cut... super low calorie but something to nibble on. 80g of nuts can do you for a good 500kcal...

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I prefer a big bowl of popcorn, PBJ sandwhiches, cereal, fruit...

nuts are great too, but I can't eat too many or I get full actually.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ^^Former 300+lb Crew^^
    Brain Tumor Crew

Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I just got a tub of cashews. I like nuts as a snack because usually at the end of the day I look at my macros and find I'm spot on on carbs and protein but lacking in fats.
    I like personal responsibility and accountability. When you admit you are the problem you are simultaneously admitting you are the solution.

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Honey Roasted or GTFO OP.

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    When I was 17...

OP just eat a balanced diet. If you like nuts, and feel like having some go for it.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes OP nuts (and peanuts and cashews) are great. Science suggests people who eat more nuts tend to be slimmer, healthier and live longer.

Ideally go for unsalted and variety.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post

Also there is probably good reason to keep your levels of phytic acid down:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/nuts-and-phytic-acid/
    Mark Sisson's website is mostly Paleo nonsense.

Nuts, legumes and whole grains all contain antinutrients, yet there's an abundance of evidence showing strong and consistent health benefits.

For people who worry about antinutrients having an effect on protein absorption the solution is simple: eat more protein. At ~1 gram per pound and enough leucine per meal protein absorption won't be a concern.
    Last edited by Mrpb; 03-21-2017 at 10:51 PM.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    Yes OP nuts (and peanuts and cashews) are great. Science suggests people who eat more nuts tend to be slimmer, healthier and live longer.

Nuts, legumes and whole grains all contain antinutrients, yet there's an abundance of evidence showing strong and consistent health benefits.

For people who worry about antinutrients having an effect on protein absorption the solution is simple: eat more protein. At ~1 gram per pound and enough leucine per meal protein absorption won't be a concern.
    Would there be a difference in nutrient absorption if the nuts were raw or dry roasted (unsalted)?

MT
    Instagram: Mos_Toorani

Kevgamble85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kevgamble85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kevgamble85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kevgamble85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kevgamble85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kevgamble85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kevgamble85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kevgamble85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kevgamble85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kevgamble85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kevgamble85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MosToorani View Post
    Would there be a difference in nutrient absorption if the nuts were raw or dry roasted (unsalted)?

MT
    There would be a difference if you soaked them overnight. Personally I'd just eat them as they are though.

That and soggy nuts arent very tasty.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz

Don't worry, I'm not going to jump on a paleo bandwagon but I would like to mitigate the effects of phytic acid blocking mineral absorption. The article is moderately well balanced and does say that timing of foods containing phytic acid may work around the problem - plus there are some positives of phytic acid too.

It's like anything - only likely to become a problem if you go overboard with foods containing it.

Menno's view on the subject:
    https://www.paleofx.com/grains-for-your-gains/
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 03-22-2017 at 12:56 AM.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Don't worry, I'm not going to jump on a paleo bandwagon but I would like to mitigate the effects of phytic acid blocking mineral absorption. The article is moderately well balanced and does say that timing of foods containing phytic acid may work around the problem - plus there are some positives of phytic acid too.

It's like anything - only likely to become a problem if you go overboard with foods containing it.

Menno's view on the subject:
    https://www.paleofx.com/grains-for-your-gains/
    Marc and Menno do the same thing: they focus on a few minor studies, sometimes even animal studies, and ignore a good deal of science that goes against their position.

For example Menno believes oats need to be avoided because of phytic acid yet there's a very strong body of evidence showing health effects of oats, both in controlled research as well as in epidemiological research.

For those that want to read more on the topic I suggest reading Alan's work, he has commented on these and many other Paleo ideas.

http://www.nsca.com/uploadedFiles/NS...ook/Aragon.pdf

http://paleofoundation.com/alan-aragon-paleo-critic/

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=154123511

Plenty of relevant, high quality studies included in the above links.

Aware of most of the links you've posted. I'm just saying it's worth considering as a tweak. I'm not advocating wholesale adoption of paleo ideas. My original post was to discourage OP from focusing on a single food group rather than getting variety.

Most of the time, I wouldn't even concern myself but if doing a cut for example, I might think about the consequences of reduced absorption when calories are limited. Choosing potato and veg rather than bread for example. Most people probably do this by default because of the differences in satiety.

Other articles of Sisson claim aflatoxin poisoning is a serious thread and a reason to shun peanuts. Then another article says peanut butter needs to be avoided because it tastes too good.

In his book The Primal Blueprint he claims that eating carbs is what makes people fat and makes several other errors.

He also sells dubious supplements under a Paleo label.

The way I see it: If antinutrients in nuts were really a significant problem, nuts wouldn't be consistently linked to health benefits in a dose dependent fashion.
    Last edited by Mrpb; 03-22-2017 at 02:29 AM.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yeah the more research you do on any food item, and after sifting through all of the "x item will kill you", and "x item is a superfood" and everything in between you come to the same conclusion of "everything in moderation". Its as if the inventor of that saying has already done all food research including all research yet to be done.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

kevan25 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    When I was 17...

OP just eat a balanced diet. If you like nuts, and feel like having some go for it.
    Yes that's what I did for around 4 months and realised I have put on quite some fat in love handles and my abs are no longer visible. So trying to adjust my diet here and my fellow rugby guy said it might be because I ate too much sugar and salt (even though I have cut out most snacks like pringles and lays). Thought of reducing my rice portion but found that I shouldn't cut carbs except I'm cutting or smth like that. Any thought?

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kevan25 View Post
    Yes that's what I did for around 4 months and realised I have put on quite some fat in love handles and my abs are no longer visible. So trying to adjust my diet here and my fellow rugby guy said it might be because I ate too much sugar and salt (even though I have cut out most snacks like pringles and lays). Thought of reducing my rice portion but found that I shouldn't cut carbs except I'm cutting or smth like that. Any thought?
    Eat a balanced diet and eat enough to support your training/sport.

Also- Amazon is a great place to buy bulk nuts by the way.

Love getting this myself; can wreck the bag inside of a couple days if I am not careful.

https://www.amazon.com/Sincerely-Nut...YJDYG600A&th=1
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    pickled cucumbers and salad is goat to snack, brb almost zero kcals, also cabbage
    I always tell the truth, even when I lie.
    Podcast 24/7 Crew
    Conspiracy Crew

Funny, the study that Menno used to claim that refined grains are better for body composition gave ~127 gram protein to the refined grain group, ~115 gram to the whole grains.

CRAesthetics93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CRAesthetics93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CRAesthetics93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CRAesthetics93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CRAesthetics93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CRAesthetics93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CRAesthetics93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CRAesthetics93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CRAesthetics93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CRAesthetics93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CRAesthetics93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    All depends on your goals and your preferences, if you're cutting a calorically-dense food like peanuts probably isn't wise.

Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Funny, the study that Menno used to claim that refined grains are better for body composition gave ~127 gram protein to the refined grain group, ~115 gram to the whole grains.
    So what is the take away here? just balance and moderation as always?

Originally Posted by Oatmealman99 View Post
    That's what I think.

I think most of the evidence for and against is weak/epidemiological. So I might choose alternatives if available/practical but will still be eating a fair amount of wheat and peanut butter. I tend to eat most of my vegetables with an evening meal that rarely contains grains so I'm not too worried about mineral digestion.

From one of the studies Menno cites: "Normally encountered levels of phytates in cereals and legumes can reduce protein and amino acid digestibility by up to 10 %."

Take away: if you want to maximise gains eat more protein to make up for a small negative effect that whole grains, nuts and legumes can have on protein absorption.

That being said, studies consistently show that ~1.8 gram per kg is enough to maximise gains and those studies included people that ate grains, legumes and nuts. (this goes straight against Menno's logic)

At 2 gram per kg you should be well covered.

For people that want to leave no stone unturned to maximise MPS: ~3 gram leucine per meal or more.

Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    From one of the studies Menno cites: "Normally encountered levels of phytates in cereals and legumes can reduce protein and amino acid digestibility by up to 10 %."

Take away: if you want to maximise gains eat more protein to make up for a small negative effect that whole grains, nuts and legumes can have on protein absorption.

That being said, studies consistently show that ~1.8 gram per kg is enough to maximise gains and those studies included people that ate grains, legumes and nuts. (this goes straight against Menno's logic)

At 2 gram per kg you should be well covered.

For people that want to leave no stone unturned to maximise MPS: ~3 gram leucine per meal or more.
    Thank you, on spread.

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jimdutson View Post
    depends on what you are trying to do cut/bulk?
    Originally Posted by CRAesthetics93 View Post
    if you're cutting a calorically-dense food like peanuts probably isn't wise.
    Lawd, people get dietary fat from somewhere. Nuts and legumes are an excellent option regardless.

If you read too many articles on the internet you get opposing viewpoints which argue about degrees of perfection which are difficult to measure.

Originally Posted by kevan25 View Post
    No idea, not enough information. My son is 17, mass gaining for first year in college sports, focuses on eating a balanced diet, and training progress. For him softening of his abs isn't relevant, he has goals with his coach, and in the gym.

My older son played rugby. His mates were mostly focused on gym and sport training performance. If you don't understand general nutrition I'd start with talking to your parents, ask them for some help. If you turn to forums you get all kids of off the wall advice, a lot of which is not geared to teens.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Norwood8 is just really nice. (+1000) Norwood8 is just really nice. (+1000) Norwood8 is just really nice. (+1000) Norwood8 is just really nice. (+1000) Norwood8 is just really nice. (+1000) Norwood8 is just really nice. (+1000) Norwood8 is just really nice. (+1000) Norwood8 is just really nice. (+1000) Norwood8 is just really nice. (+1000) Norwood8 is just really nice. (+1000) Norwood8 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Resuscitating this thread to see if there has been any new Science regarding aflatoxin in peanuts.

I've been eating 100 grams of raw peanuts everyday for the past two or three months, and I've been noticing mold in them of late.

I've spent the past hour or so reading up on it, and unsurprisingly, some articles say peanuts are to be avoided, while others say they're regulated and tested enough to the point things like aflatoxins aren't much of a worry. In other words, I'm still clueless.

Does anyone here consume peanuts everyday?
    6'2" but thinking of claiming 6'3" thanks to the Misc
    Avid Misc lurker for years
    Italian blood
    Traditional wet shaving

Bald Crew