-DRENN- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -DRENN- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -DRENN- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -DRENN- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -DRENN- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -DRENN- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -DRENN- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -DRENN- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -DRENN- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -DRENN- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -DRENN- is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

So i have an interview tomorrow, need help on what to wear

So i have an interview for a trainer position at a Cardinal Fitness on tuesday, Im not sure as what i should wear to it since it being a gym. Do i wear dress pants and dress shirt? Or maybe some dark jeans and a dress shirt?

Also i told to send my resume into the guy who hires all the trainers at there corporate office and i got this email back maybe it will help determine what it will be like.

"XXXX, We received your resume through our website, and I would be interested in sitting down to discuss opportunities with Cardinal Fitness of XXXX. Would you be available to meet next Tuesday the 27th in the afternoon at the XXXX facility?

Please let me know at your convenience.

Thanks,
    XXXX"
    Nesta Personal Trainer

tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by -DRENN- View Post
    So i have an interview for a trainer position at a Cardinal Fitness on tuesday, Im not sure as what i should wear to it since it being a gym. Do i wear dress pants and dress shirt? Or maybe some dark jeans and a dress shirt?

Also i told to send my resume into the guy who hires all the trainers at there corporate office and i got this email back maybe it will help determine what it will be like.

"XXXX, We received your resume through our website, and I would be interested in sitting down to discuss opportunities with Cardinal Fitness of XXXX. Would you be available to meet next Tuesday the 27th in the afternoon at the XXXX facility?

Thanks,
    XXXX"
    I don't get why folks are so hesitant to just ask the person what attire they should wear. If anything, it shows you are courteous and plan ahead, both of which are attractive qualities in a prospective employee. I know that if I were hiring someone and they politely asked if they should come in formal wear or active wear, I would be impressed.

Gyms do not expect you to magically know what the interview process is going to entail. In fact, being super knowledgeable about the interview process norm in the industry likely means you've been to quite a few interviews, which is anything is a BAD thing.

So: just ask them what you should wear.

IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by tovlakas View Post
    I don't get why folks are so hesitant to just ask the person what attire they should wear.
    No offense, but seriously? SERIOUSLY? I used to manage a small business, and if someone asked me what they should wear, I would think they were an incompetent. Anyways OP, don't dress like you are going in for a sales job, but maybe a nice golf shirt and some black pants, and dress shoes. Good luck.

tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by I****xx View Post
    No offense, but seriously? SERIOUSLY? I used to manage a small business, and if someone asked me what they should wear, I would think they were an incompetent. Anyways OP, don't dress like you are going in for a sales job, but maybe a nice golf shirt and some black pants, and dress shoes. Good luck.
    The situation is totally different in other businesses, I****xx. Standard interviews are common knowledge, and don't involve active work, so yes you would be ignorant to ask what to wear.

A fitness interview on the other hand is different, because you MAY be training, you may not. Asking in the way I said (Don't just say, what should I wear? But actually ask specifically should I wear active, training clothes or formal interview clothes?) will prove that you're thinking, not incompetent.

BRB... Eating a chicken askthetrainer's Avatar
    askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by I****xx View Post
    Would you rather have someone ask what to wear or show up in something like
    Contact me about our author Program

www.AskTheTrainer.com | Twitter.com/AskTheTrainer | ********.com/askthetrainercom

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I manage the training department at my gym and nothing screams "dipsh*t" more than a guy who comes to an interview w/me in workout clothes.

khaki's and a polo shirt should be ok but I'd wear a slacks and a button down shirt w/some dress shoes.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cutoff Khakis, french braids, and house shoes.

-DRENN- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -DRENN- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -DRENN- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -DRENN- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -DRENN- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -DRENN- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -DRENN- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -DRENN- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -DRENN- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -DRENN- is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -DRENN- is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Keltron View Post
    I manage the training department at my gym and nothing screams "dipsh*t" more than a guy who comes to an interview w/me in workout clothes.

khaki's and a polo shirt should be ok but I'd wear a slacks and a button down shirt w/some dress shoes.
    ok awesome thats what i thought i should probably wear, i dont have any khakis at where im living right now so i guess dress pants and dress shirt will have to do.
    Nesta Personal Trainer

mr06evo will become famous soon enough. (+50) mr06evo will become famous soon enough. (+50) mr06evo will become famous soon enough. (+50) mr06evo will become famous soon enough. (+50) mr06evo will become famous soon enough. (+50) mr06evo will become famous soon enough. (+50) mr06evo will become famous soon enough. (+50) mr06evo will become famous soon enough. (+50) mr06evo will become famous soon enough. (+50) mr06evo will become famous soon enough. (+50) mr06evo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would dress like any regular job interview...Dress shoes, slacks and a dress shirt...Nothing over the top but i'm sure they don't want you in workout cloths either.

IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BSCSCS View Post
    Cutoff Khakis, french braids, and house shoes.
    Kurupts, the name...........

BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by i****xx View Post
    kurupts the name often marked for catchin slugs...........
    Fixed

Registered User NewlyAssimilate's Avatar
    NewlyAssimilate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewlyAssimilate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewlyAssimilate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewlyAssimilate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewlyAssimilate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewlyAssimilate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewlyAssimilate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewlyAssimilate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewlyAssimilate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewlyAssimilate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewlyAssimilate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by -DRENN- View Post

Thanks,
    XXXX"
    Few questions:

Is this a casual gym?
    What type of clients?

If it's a very casual gym, then just a nice polo with pressed khakis or dark dress pants
    If it's a gym that charges a sizable fee every month, then a suit with no tie.

It's important to stand out from the other trainers who applying for the same position, and an interviewer is going to have a more positive impression of you if you are dressed professionally.

Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by tovlakas View Post
    I don't get why folks are so hesitant to just ask the person what attire they should wear. If anything, it shows you are courteous and plan ahead, both of which are attractive qualities in a prospective employee. I know that if I were hiring someone and they politely asked if they should come in formal wear or active wear, I would be impressed.

Gyms do not expect you to magically know what the interview process is going to entail. In fact, being super knowledgeable about the interview process norm in the industry likely means you've been to quite a few interviews, which is anything is a BAD thing.

So: just ask them what you should wear.
    I'm with you on that.

I've had 4 job interviews. 3/4 I didn't get. I asked what I should wear to the 1st and 2nd. Both times they said just wear casual gear, so I did.
    3rd time I didnt ask, went in wearing training gear, didnt get the job. I don't think my outfit was related though. My answers to easy questions were terrible and showed I was a bad PT (at the time).
    4th on I just rocked up wearing training gear (new shoes), handed in my resume and asked for work experience. Then got the job.
    Just telling you of my experiences. But it's not hard to ask what to wear, it's just a passing question, no reason to judge so harshly on that .

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Here are my suggestions

1. dress casual. no tie needed

2. bring your resume. carry it in your LEFT hand. that way you can shake hands with people

3. review the gym website before you get there. that way you can ask questions and know about what they are about

4. when they ask you "Do you have any questions for me?" ASK THIS QUESTION : " What are your emergency procedures?" I have hired personal trainers. nobody ever asked me this. If they did I would hire them. By asking this question you say to management that you are prepared for the worst case scenario (if a person dies). Most trainers just starting out dont even think about this possibility. Asking this question will set you appart from the rest

5. After the interview, send a Hand written note to the person thanking him/her for the interview. This is another way to get them to remember you.
    Good luck!
    Joe
    Joe Cannon, MS
    Joe-Cannon.com
    SupplementClarity.com