Page 4 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by kethnaab View Post
    i made a ton of trades for Palmer in dynasty leagues for this reason. Good offensive line, solid running attack, excellent WRs, possibly some TEs with pass catching ability
    I think this year will be developmental for Gresham... But I think next year we'll see him amongst the list of potential breakout TE's.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

22 Year cut complete... EHSTennis's Avatar
    EHSTennis is just really nice. (+1000) EHSTennis is just really nice. (+1000) EHSTennis is just really nice. (+1000) EHSTennis is just really nice. (+1000) EHSTennis is just really nice. (+1000) EHSTennis is just really nice. (+1000) EHSTennis is just really nice. (+1000) EHSTennis is just really nice. (+1000) EHSTennis is just really nice. (+1000) EHSTennis is just really nice. (+1000) EHSTennis is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    And if you go back a page or so and look at my Bye week - Match up analysis posts... Palmer's name comes up a lot for having a good match up on a bye weeks for the higher ranked QB's.
    yeah for sure. haha i copy and pasted that post into my big draft prep folder that I intend on printing out and having everything laid out on my desk while the draft is going on. that was really helpful. theres nothing worse then forgetting about bye weeks, being all excited about your backups, then realizing 3 of your starters have the same bye and 2 of your backups also have that bye...fuuuuuuuu
    Jaguars and Diamondbacks +

1500 +

ACE Certified Personal Trainer

Squat twice as much as I weigh crew

Forever skinny crew

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by EHSTennis View Post
    yeah for sure. haha i copy and pasted that post into my big draft prep folder that I intend on printing out and having everything laid out on my desk while the draft is going on. that was really helpful. theres nothing worse then forgetting about bye weeks, being all excited about your backups, then realizing 3 of your starters have the same bye and 2 of your backups also have that bye...fuuuuuuuu
    I literally rope-a-doped a guy once... I was playing him on his Elite QB's bye week... Egged him on talking trashing through the auction about it.

Then I faked getting excited about Eli Manning (Can't show interest in your true targets etc...) He decided to chase me on it. I looked at the bye for Eli... Same as his starting QB. So I dropped out.

Later a Stud back came up with the same Bye week... Me and him again... I dropped early (Already had a stable of stud backs)

He's all talkin' trash about how good his team is and how he's totally made me chicken-chit out in bidding wars with him.

I just put my hands behind my head and said "Yep... I'm really scared when week 5 comes and you're starting Casper the friendly ghost and Jameel White against me."
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

22 Year cut complete... EHSTennis's Avatar
    EHSTennis is just really nice. (+1000) EHSTennis is just really nice. (+1000) EHSTennis is just really nice. (+1000) EHSTennis is just really nice. (+1000) EHSTennis is just really nice. (+1000) EHSTennis is just really nice. (+1000) EHSTennis is just really nice. (+1000) EHSTennis is just really nice. (+1000) EHSTennis is just really nice. (+1000) EHSTennis is just really nice. (+1000) EHSTennis is just really nice. (+1000)
    I literally rope-a-doped a guy once... I was playing him on his Elite QB's bye week... Egged him on talking trashing through the auction about it.

Then I faked getting excited about Eli Manning (Can't show interest in your true targets etc...) He decided to chase me on it. I looked at the bye for Eli... Same as his starting QB. So I dropped out.

Later a Stud back came up with the same Bye week... Me and him again... I dropped early (Already had a stable of stud backs)

He's all talkin' trash about how good his team is and how he's totally made me chicken-chit out in bidding wars with him.

I just put my hands behind my head and said "Yep... I'm really scared when week 5 comes and you're starting Casper the friendly ghost and Jameel White against me."
    hahaha lmao wow that takes "manipulation" to a new level.

farthest i've gone is like when someone drops a few rounds and I notice it, I make a post in the draft chat like "wow, marques colston is dropping pretty far...guess everyones heard the news" and their all like "WHAT?!?!" and I go "that he's starting the season on the PUP list? thought everyone had heard that?" and its silent for like 30 seconds while everyone is researching. They give up I guess and he drops a couple more rounds, just in time for me to take him in the middle of a 3rd tier WR run hahahaha!

moral of the story-never believe ANYTHING anyone says in the draft chat.
    Jaguars and Diamondbacks +

1500 +

ACE Certified Personal Trainer

Squat twice as much as I weigh crew

Forever skinny crew

Originally Posted by EHSTennis View Post
    hahaha lmao wow that takes "manipulation" to a new level.

farthest i've gone is like when someone drops a few rounds and I notice it, I make a post in the draft chat like "wow, marques colston is dropping pretty far...guess everyones heard the news" and their all like "WHAT?!?!" and I go "that he's starting the season on the PUP list? thought everyone had heard that?" and its silent for like 30 seconds while everyone is researching. They give up I guess and he drops a couple more rounds, just in time for me to take him in the middle of a 3rd tier WR run hahahaha!

moral of the story-never believe ANYTHING anyone says in the draft chat.
    Well I'm "Public Enemy #1" in my league. I hold the record for holding the most records and have my name on the trophy 3 times. There's not a living soul in that Auction room that wants to see me do good.

I damn near have to wear shades and a hat like a Holdem' tournament if I have any hope of not getting a knife in my kidney.

I always have to play off the guys I want... Like the year I wanted Jay Cutler, I spent weeks complaining about how stupid it was to let Plummer go, and how Cutler was so raw... How I used to Love the Bronco's but clearly Shanny had gone round the bend etc...

Then talked up Eli Manning (Who I absolutely did not want.) Just so everyone targeted me on Eli, and then thought I was pissed when I ended up in the 08 season with Phillip Rivers and Jay Cutler!!!!

Another great trick I've pulled in the past...

Everyone knows I'm a research monster. One year I went to the bathroom I come back out and I catch 3 guys reading my special notes full of sleepers and keepers and dark horse info etc...

So now I come with "Extra-Special Notes" Loaded with Total Bull Chit. Then I tell everyone that I'm signed up into a subscription service with NFL insider info. (Which I'm not!)

This year will be something like
    -Carson Palmer's Elbow problems are flaring up, and inside the locker room TO is up to his old tricks

-Ryan Mathews late signing has really hampered him learning the playbook. Meanwhile Sproles is really impressing.

-Adrian Petersen was recently diagnosed HIV positive, this story is set to break next week, after an official statement by the NFL.

I used to be a graphic designer so I make up pages that look completely like they are print outs from real websites.

Then I just leave them out and go take a leak a lot!
    6'4"

sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well I'm "Public Enemy #1" in my league. I hold the record for holding the most records and have my name on the trophy 3 times. There's not a living soul in that Auction room that wants to see me do good.

I damn near have to wear shades and a hat like a Holdem' tournament if I have any hope of not getting a knife in my kidney.

I always have to play off the guys I want... Like the year I wanted Jay Cutler, I spent weeks complaining about how stupid it was to let Plummer go, and how Cutler was so raw... How I used to Love the Bronco's but clearly Shanny had gone round the bend etc...

Then talked up Eli Manning (Who I absolutely did not want.) Just so everyone targeted me on Eli, and then thought I was pissed when I ended up in the 08 season with Phillip Rivers and Jay Cutler!!!!

Everyone knows I'm a research monster. One year I went to the bathroom I come back out and I catch 3 guys reading my special notes full of sleepers and keepers and dark horse info etc...

So now I come with "Extra-Special Notes" Loaded with Total Bull Chit. Then I tell everyone that I'm signed up into a subscription service with NFL insider info. (Which I'm not!)

-Carson Palmer's Elbow problems are flaring up, and inside the locker room TO is up to his old tricks

-Ryan Mathews late signing has really hampered him learning the playbook. Meanwhile Sproles is really impressing.

-Adrian Petersen was recently diagnosed HIV positive, this story is set to break next week, after an official statement by the NFL.

I used to be a graphic designer so I make up pages that look completely like they are print outs from real websites.

That's good stuff... and really takes fantasy to a whole new level.

I guess I'll agree to disagree with you about TO helping out Benson. I think all of those options will cut into Benson's workload, and if you look at last season he had over 29 carries in 6 or 7 games, many of those upwards of 33-39. I think Bernard Scott may get a few extra carries as well which will cut into his workload a little more.

And that's without TO being a distraction. If he starts causing problems or barking at Chad it could lead to more drama within the team and Benson hasn't exactly been a model of stability.

I just really don't see him getting the load of carries that he did last year if they make another addition to the WR corps on that team. Especially if Palmer is full throttle.

Originally Posted by sircharles032 View Post
    That's good stuff... and really takes fantasy to a whole new level.

I guess I'll agree to disagree with you about TO helping out Benson. I think all of those options will cut into Benson's workload, and if you look at last season he had over 29 carries in 6 or 7 games, many of those upwards of 33-39. I think Bernard Scott may get a few extra carries as well which will cut into his workload a little more.

And that's without TO being a distraction. If he starts causing problems or barking at Chad it could lead to more drama within the team and Benson hasn't exactly been a model of stability.

I just really don't see him getting the load of carries that he did last year if they make another addition to the WR corps on that team. Especially if Palmer is full throttle.
    Oh yeah... I think you'll see a transition back to the passing game more.

I think the "Running Team" they became last year was because that's what was working without a complimentary WR to Chad. If TO goes there, and gresham can contribute, I think we see a return to a passing focus.

However... I think if TO adds on... He'll help make CedBen's runs more productive. As he's a way better down field blocker than Coles was last year!
    6'4"

kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

yeah, I remember you telling me about this last season. That is CLASSIC **** right there my friend, classic!

NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm in. I'm a fantasy NOOB, this will be my first season. I love football but I am not as aware as most in this thread. I will most likely get worked but it's time to stop saying "I don't have enough time" and get down with the get down. Thanks nainoa for all the info.

Also, I am a big Giant fan so it will be hard not to pick them, also I do think we should see big things (again) out of Bradshaw.
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***

Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Dunno if anyone heard but Weller is in the pup list

Originally Posted by Harganoff View Post
    Dunno if anyone heard but Weller is in the pup list
    It's the "Active PUP" which he can come off at anytime. So that's no big deal... The Active PUP allows him to still be on the team during the first 2 rounds of preseason roster cuts without actually counting against the roster number. By the final Roster cut he has to either be declared "Active" and taking up a roster spot or "Reserve PUP" and is ineligible until week 6.
    6'4"

Originally Posted by NY Money Mike View Post
    I'm in. I'm a fantasy NOOB, this will be my first season. I love football but I am not as aware as most in this thread. I will most likely get worked but it's time to stop saying "I don't have enough time" and get down with the get down. Thanks nainoa for all the info.

Also, I am a big Giant fan so it will be hard not to pick them, also I do think we should see big things (again) out of Bradshaw.
    I've been sitting in front of the computer all day long and I can't take it anymore. Have to stretch my legs. But over the next 24 hours I'll try to whip up a little primer for you and other noobs to digest.
    6'4"

Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ah thanks for clearing that up

Vindicate is a name known to all. (+5000) Vindicate is a name known to all. (+5000) Vindicate is a name known to all. (+5000) Vindicate is a name known to all. (+5000) Vindicate is a name known to all. (+5000) Vindicate is a name known to all. (+5000) Vindicate is a name known to all. (+5000) Vindicate is a name known to all. (+5000) Vindicate is a name known to all. (+5000) Vindicate is a name known to all. (+5000) Vindicate is a name known to all. (+5000)
    alright check this:

QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Passing Yards 30 yards per point
    Passing Touchdowns 4
    Interceptions -2
    Rushing Yards 10 yards per point
    Rushing Touchdowns 6
    Receptions .25
    Reception Yards 10 yards per point
    Reception Touchdowns 6
    Return Touchdowns 6
    2-Point Conversions 2
    Fumbles Lost -2
    Offensive Fumble Return TD 6

I have the 9th pick in the draft.
    NOW i can have 5 Keepers in these rounds, what you guys think. Ive bolded who i like for sure....What i really am wondering about is Clark, Finley, Caddillac, possibly Slaton and Harrison. I might just take the 3 bolded and then clark and finley and tie up the TE spot, but i also like Cadillac since he would be so late in the rounds, i might also be able to just draft Clark in the 3rd, but i have a late 3rd round pick.

Round:
    3 - Dallas Clark
    6 - Hightower
    8 - Crabtree
    9 - Norwood
    10 - Benson, D. Ward
    11 - Rodgers
    12 - Harrison, Aa. Brown, M. Morris, Finley
    13 - Slaton
    16 - Caddillac

sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    He'll help make CedBen's runs more productive. As he's a way better down field blocker than Coles was last year!
    Maybe that's why I always lost when I took Lavernads in my Points Per Block league...

Stick around in this thread brah. There are a TON of people out here that will give you much more valuable information than reading articles on Yahoo! or listening to commentators on ESPN. Nainoa, Kethnaab, and Dickens (along with plenty of others) are constantly dropping nuggets of wisdom on players that you'll want to be around for.

And it's hard to not be a homer but the bottom line is WINS, right? Well, okay, maybe not for everyone. Sometimes if it comes down to it and I'm not in a competitive league I'll take a player I like just to make it easier to root for them... I hate having to root against the Panthers on Sunday's but it's all in fun.

Originally Posted by Vindicate View Post
    alright check this:

Passing Touchdowns 4
    Interceptions -2
    Rushing Touchdowns 6
    Receptions .25
    Reception Touchdowns 6
    Return Touchdowns 6
    2-Point Conversions 2
    Fumbles Lost -2

NOW i can have 5 Keepers in these rounds, what you guys think. Ive bolded who i like for sure....What i really am wondering about is Clark, Finley, Caddillac, possibly Slaton and Harrison. I might just take the 3 bolded and then clark and finley and tie up the TE spot, but i also like Cadillac since he would be so late in the rounds, i might also be able to just draft Clark in the 3rd, but i have a late 3rd round pick.

Round:
    3 - Dallas Clark
    6 - Hightower
    8 - Crabtree
    9 - Norwood
    10 - Benson, D. Ward
    11 - Rodgers
    13 - Slaton
    16 - Caddillac
    I'd say you HAVE to keep Rodgers (he was the highest scoring QB in my league last year) and Crabtree at those picks as well as Finley and Benson. As for your 5th... Clark is a stud but you would have to give up a 3rd round pick for him and Finley is a lot more valuable at 12. Given that though I think in your case the rest of your keepers don't really appeal to me. I wish Slaton would become the big dog again because I like watching the guy play but given that murky situation it'd be a big gamble to keep him, though he could pay dividends at that round. If the TE pool weren't so deep I'd say take Dallas Clark and try to trade him. Or if you have an Indy homer around maybe you could package him for a high tier RB or WR. Harrison would be solid but indications are that Hardesty is going to be the horse there.

How many teams in your league?

Vindicate is a name known to all. (+5000) Vindicate is a name known to all. (+5000) Vindicate is a name known to all. (+5000) Vindicate is a name known to all. (+5000) Vindicate is a name known to all. (+5000) Vindicate is a name known to all. (+5000) Vindicate is a name known to all. (+5000) Vindicate is a name known to all. (+5000) Vindicate is a name known to all. (+5000) Vindicate is a name known to all. (+5000) Vindicate is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'd say you HAVE to keep Rodgers (he was the highest scoring QB in my league last year) and Crabtree at those picks as well as Finley and Benson. As for your 5th... Clark is a stud but you would have to give up a 3rd round pick for him and Finley is a lot more valuable at 12. Given that though I think in your case the rest of your keepers don't really appeal to me. I wish Slaton would become the big dog again because I like watching the guy play but given that murky situation it'd be a big gamble to keep him, though he could pay dividends at that round. If the TE pool weren't so deep I'd say take Dallas Clark and try to trade him. Or if you have an Indy homer around maybe you could package him for a high tier RB or WR. Harrison would be solid but indications are that Hardesty is going to be the horse there.

How many teams in your league?
    its a 12 team league and i am keeping Rodgers and benson for sure. was leaning hard on crabtree and finley, i guess as my 5th is the most difficult to choose for me.

dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    its a 12 team league and i am keeping Rodgers and benson for sure. was leaning hard on crabtree and finley, i guess as my 5th is the most difficult to choose for me.
    I think you have it correct. I would consider keeping Hightower, but at 1/4 ppr points I dont think he is worth it in the 6th. Do what you have listed.

alright check this:

Passing Touchdowns 4
    Interceptions -2
    Rushing Touchdowns 6
    Receptions .25
    Reception Touchdowns 6
    Return Touchdowns 6
    2-Point Conversions 2
    Fumbles Lost -2

Round:
    3 - Dallas Clark
    6 - Hightower
    8 - Crabtree
    9 - Norwood
    10 - Benson, D. Ward
    11 - Rodgers
    13 - Slaton
    16 - Caddillac
    Yeah Clark is not worth a 3rd rounder... If there was someway he could be shifted to 4th... Then I'd say pull that trigger.

But Finely will still end the season I think as a top 4-7 TE... And with a 12th rounder on the line, that makes him a draft bargain.

I think Slaton is going to get stuck as the 3rd down passing back behind Ben Tate...

The Downside of caddy is the Semi-Tough schedule and the fact that he's injury prone and has very little talent around him.

BUT if you held a gun to my head and I absolutely had to choose a 5th guy... I'd go with Caddy.

Some of the good qualities about Caddy is that he has a plum pickin' easy schedule during the FF playoffs going against Washington, Detroit and Seattle. So IF he's still healthy that late, and one of your RB starters is hurt, there could be a bonus there.

Also Note: Caddy would be a good bye week replacement for RB's who have a Bye in Week 7 (He has a cherry matchup against St. Louis) So he makes a good pairing for an Addai, Shonn Greene, Jahvid Best or Ben Tate.
    6'4"

ejamiec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ejamiec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ejamiec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ejamiec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ejamiec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ejamiec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ejamiec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ejamiec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ejamiec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ejamiec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ejamiec will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what are your thought on TO signing with the Cinci? from a fantasy perspective? and a overall season perspective?
    BMW Crew

dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ejamiec View Post
    what are your thought on TO signing with the Cinci? from a fantasy perspective? and a overall season perspective?
    worthless.

If he does anything at all he will be so inconsistent he will do more harm than good. The worst thing about guys like him is trying to figure out what week they will go off. Sanatana Moss was the worst, get 3 points in 4 games, bench him and he goes off for 25.

Let somebody else overpay for TO's name.

Mixed opinions in this thread as to what exactly this means for Ced Benson. Obviously it's good for Carson Palmer and I think it'll benefit Ocho as well.

TO is still capable of putting up solid numbers but I don't think he's worth the gamble.

-And from a real life standpoint I think all of those incentives built into his contract are a recipe for disaster waiting to happen.

Originally Posted by dirtdickens View Post
    worthless.

If he does anything at all he will be so inconsistent he will do more harm than good. The worst thing about guys like him is trying to figure out what week they will go off. Sanatana Moss was the worst, get 3 points in 4 games, bench him and he goes off for 25.
    We've kind of gone over with a fine toothed comb what TO will mean for Cinci...

What Cinci means for TO, and where I'd rank him.

TO is the kind of guy who's going to be encouraged by Chad Johnson.

Is this going to increase the Fines for On-Field displays from both of them FOR SURE.

But I think Chad is just the right encouragement to fire up TO to play his best. (I'm sure they'll have a competitive comradarie)

And I think the fact that TO spent some of the off season working with Carson Palmer already...

Add that together... And I'm going to call TO "The best of the #3 WR"

Unless you're in a 12 or a 14 man league, he shouldn't be drafted as a #2.

But draft him as a #3 and if he surprises you and plays like a #2... then it's all gravy.
    6'4"

Okay... So moving on...

Let's take a look at some of the RB tandems

Shonn Greene & LT

D-will and J-stew

Barber and Felix Jones

Charles and Thomas Jones

R. Mathews and Sproles

Forte and Chester Taylor.

The list goes on.

For me as a Shonn Greene owner (As well as D-will & J-Stew) I don't think LT takes much away from Greene. Two years of watching LT plod through holes, it's clear he doesn't have the gears left to be more than a Pass catching 3rd down back.

I think on a lot of teams only being a 2 down between the tackles back might hurt you. But the Jets and their road grader line... plus cold weather games that favors running and the fact that Greene will get the goal line work... I think he falls into the low end #1's... But he won't finish the season in the top 5.

As for D-will and J-stew... I think whichever one gets "Dinged" it turns the other one into a a 4-9 RB. Otherwise... IF you had both and we forced to platoon them and play the matchups (Something I'm against)

I think when they are playing teams where the opponent has a strong offense, you'll see more D-will... And when they're playing teams with a weaker offense (Meaning they'll be trying to grind out the clock more) then you'll see more J-stew.
    6'4"

NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've been sitting in front of the computer all day long and I can't take it anymore. Have to stretch my legs. But over the next 24 hours I'll try to whip up a little primer for you and other noobs to digest.
    (y) that would be sweet
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***

(y) that would be sweet
    Of course now I'm coming to the end of my lunch.

But step 1. Know your league's scoring system... If you get a point per reception it values pass catching RB's and possession recievers higher than usual. If QB's get 4 or 6 points per TD, it values them higher than the standard 3. If defenses get points for low Points and yards allowed, it values them higher than if they don't.

So know this information and tweak your rankings accordingly. (+1 for yes's and -1 for No's etc...)

Featured Running Backs are the rarest commodity and a good one will be your best points horse. So if you get an early pick... or say a solo back falls a round, grab him.

WR's other than the Elite's are all pretty middle of the pack (Especially if you have only 10 owners in the league)
    Ultimately the difference between the #11 WR and the #22 WR is like a 10% difference.

what I try to look for in WR is to have one Starter who produces consistently. (Like Steve Smith of the Giants.) He probably won't explode for huge points every game, but he'll get you 9-12 almost every week.

Then I'll pair him with a WR who goes off for big games, but then might turn in a small game here and there. Like Vincent Jackson was last year. (Greg Jennings is an extreme case of this.)

QB's... Other than the Elite top 5 the middle of the pack is muddled and there is little difference. So if you don't get a Brees, rogers, brady, rivers, Manning... You can probably still wait another round grab another quality position and still end up with a Matt Ryan or a Joe Flaaco.

Kickers... Save them for way late... And try to look for kickers who kick indoors... OR are kicking in games played in the south around fantasy playoff time. You don't want a Northern kicker who plays outside, because he'll friggin' kill you late in the season when you need points and wins the most (IMO Jeff Reed should never be drafted.)

When all else fails, try to grab a kicker who kicks for a good team. OR who plays for a team with a good D and a mediocre Offense, as they tend to stall out just outside the redzone so the coach will kick it and trust his defense to get him the ball back.

One ABSOLUTE key! Is to know your sleepers... Search up "The Sleeper Study" thread, and read it.

Gotta run!
    6'4"

Thoughts on this debate

Turner vs. Mathews - PPR League (Small Keeper)

Age advantage goes to Mathews obviously, though Turner is only 28 without a lot of mileage on him. Turner is a TD machine but if you look at his game logs his yardage is either hit or miss. For every 90+ yard game he has another 40 yard game to balance it out. This kind of stuff scares me. If the Falcs don't get the ball down to the 5 yard line to where he can score this guy can be a dud for you (never owned him before, so speculating). Mathews doesn't have anyone to vulch his goal line carries either though, but to be honest I don't know a lot about this guy. I don't think either is a worthy receiver, though Mathews will probably take a very slight edge here.

So the question is, when the draft ticks to you and you're stuck between these two guys... who's it gonna be?

Thoughts on this debate

Turner vs. Mathews - PPR League (Small Keeper)

Age advantage goes to Mathews obviously, though Turner is only 28 without a lot of mileage on him. Turner is a TD machine but if you look at his game logs his yardage is either hit or miss. For every 90+ yard game he has another 40 yard game to balance it out. This kind of stuff scares me. If the Falcs don't get the ball down to the 5 yard line to where he can score this guy can be a dud for you (never owned him before, so speculating). Mathews doesn't have anyone to vulch his goal line carries either though, but to be honest I don't know a lot about this guy. I don't think either is a worthy receiver, though Mathews will probably take a very slight edge here.

So the question is, when the draft ticks to you and you're stuck between these two guys... who's it gonna be?
    Ultimately Turner and Mathews are a Round apart.

Turner will go in the First... Mathews the second.

Anything outside of that means someone is over reaching... And they left a better player on the board to be exploited by you in the next round.
    (This is why I make round ranking lists!)

Turner is a top 5 back... Mathews is going to land somewhere around 12-15.

Keep in mind rookies blow yeast infected goat testicle at pass blocking. So even though Mathews is a middle of the road pass catching back... He's likely going to be on the bench in 3rd and pass catching downs, giving way to Jacob Hester and Sproles.

So right there you have a limit to Mathews Value.

Also in week 11-14 somewhere Mathews like all rookies is sure to hit "The Rookie Wall." Rookies just aren't used to playing that deep into the season. And I'd bet you bullchit for biscuits that Norv Turner will try to throttle back Mathews touches during our Fantasy Playoffs to keep Mathews Legs fresh for the NFL playoffs.

Now NEXT year, this won't be the case.

So if this year is a Rebuilding year for your Dynasty... The call is Mathews. If you're on the cusp of getting your hands on some hardware, then no doubt Mike Turner.
    6'4"

Anyone care to expound their thoughts on the Giants Reciever Corp?
    6'4"

Im targeting Steve Smith with a 3rd rounder. I think he is a 100rec guy for the next few years. The other guys are a f'ing mess, I dont want any part of them ever.

Originally Posted by dirtdickens View Post
    Im targeting Steve Smith with a 3rd rounder. I think he is a 100rec guy for the next few years. The other guys are a f'ing mess, I dont want any part of them ever.
    Yeah I have the option to keep Steve Smith for $7 (With 2 years left on his contract) V-Jax for $8 (This is the last year of his contract) or Matt Ryan for $45 (With 2 years left on his contract.

I have Miles Austin as my other keeper-starter...

Logic tells me to keep Steve Smith... But then I worry that the emergence of those younger guys brings him down a notch. And this really is not a "Rebuilding year" for me.
    6'4"