maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Maxedout916's Return To Form

Hey all, here is a little background...

Back when I was 16/17 I started lifting seriously. I was my biggest and most in shape around 19/20. Then I went on a long spiral to being a fat ass and not in shape at all. I would go to the gym for a few months and then go back to being a fatty.

I just did a Keto cut over the last 8 wks. Lost 25lbs and feel really good. I wanted to try to get down to 200lbs but seemed to get stuck at 215. So now it is time for a little change up. I want to get back the muscle I have lost over the last few years. So I am going to do a nice lean diet and start working on my size again. I have a feeling I will still lose some fat during this because that was usually the case back when I was in shape before.

So here we go!!!

Start - Tuesday 7/20
    I will be starting this tomorrow so I am getting everything ready right now.

When I go tomorrow I will get some numbers of where my lifts are right now so we have a good starting point but here are my goals and plans...

Goals -
    Bench = 275 - 315
    Squat = 275 - 315
    Deadlifts = 315 - 365
    Rows = 225 - 275

Split -
    Mon: Chest / Tri's
    Tues: Legs
    Wed: Back / Bi's
    Thurs: Shoulders / Traps / Forearms
    Fri: Misc

Cardio -
    I will be doing cardio at least 3 times/week and probably a little more depending on my schedule. I will probably be running in the morning or evening to keep my cardio up and my training will be during my lunch at work.

Diet - An idea of what a day will look like
    Breakfast - Oatmeal, Fruit, Eggs
    Snack - Nuts,
    Lunch - Meat, Carb, Veggie
    PWO - Shake
    Snack - Eggs, fruit, veggies
    Dinner - Meat and veggies...very little direct carbs

Training:

Chest / Tri's- BB Flat Bench
    DB Incline Bench
    Dips
    DB Flat Fly's
    Rope Cable Push Downs
    E-Z Bar Skull Crushers and Rep Out

Legs - Squats
    Lunges
    Leg Curls
    Standing Calf Raises
    Seated Calf Raises
    Box Jumps

Back / Bi's - Deadlifts
    BB Bent Over Rows
    Pull ups (Close and Wide Grip)
    Seated Cable Rows or Hammer Strength Rows
    Lat Pulldown
    DB Curls
    BB Preacher Curls

Shoulders / Traps / Forearms - DB / BB Military Presses
    DB Shrugs
    Reverse Fly's
    DB Lat Raises
    EZ Bar Forearm Curls
    EZ Bar Reverse Forearm Curls
    Hammer Strength Shrugs

Supplements -

Multi
    Creatine
    Fish Oil
    ZMA
    Glucosamine and MSM

I am also going to look for another pre-workout supp. I know there are a bunch out there and will let you know when I decide on one. Feel free to give me some suggestions on any of them. Or any other supps you would suggest.

Please give me any constructive criticism you have. I am very open to it! It will be a long road ahead but I am very excited. The last 8 wks of cutting has been good but it a bit monotonous and is definitely not my favorite part of working out. I love putting on size and lifting heavy so I am stoked to be back at it! Thanks for stopping by!!!

I will update tomorrow with some starting lift numbers and then I will try to keep up every day or 2 on the lifts and some updates on my body weight and BF%.
    "500 fights, that's the number I figured when I was a kid. 500 street fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate tough guy. You need them for experience. To develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then, after, you realize that's what you are."

maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thinking of either NO-Xplode or White Flood as pre WO. I like the NO-Xplode because it also has creatine so I won't need to get that separate but I have heard good things about White Flood. Also thinking of Purple Wraath as my EEA's and BCAA's. Any suggestions?
    "500 fights, that's the number I figured when I was a kid. 500 street fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate tough guy. You need them for experience. To develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then, after, you realize that's what you are."

***DAY 1***

Chest and Tri's

BB Flat Bench -

135 x 12
    155 x 6
    185 x 4

DB Incline Press

45 x 10
    50 x 6
    55 x 4

Dips

Cable Tricep Pushdown

60 x 12
    65 x 7
    70 x 5

BB Decline Bench

115 x 8
    135 x 6
    135 x 4

DB Flys

30 x 8
    30 x 6

Felt really good...but god damn am I weak right now. I have a lot of work to do but it was a good lift.

I had a chicken salad with some fruit and nuts and a baked potato with cheese right after I worked out so that was nice. Will probably have some fish and veggiees tonight or something. We will see.

I really need to work on my breakfast. I almost never eat it and I know it is a huge thing. So I am going to get some oatmeal and at least have oatmeal and a protein shake in the morning.

Had some orange chicken last night and a few jalapeno poppers. This morning I ate some pasta with meat sauce and a cheese danish from Starbuck's that someone at work had and gave to me. So I have to work that off today at the gym.

I am going to go lift right now and will probably have a salad after the lift. Then the rest of the pasta and meat sauce I have later as a snack. I have to cook some food when I get home today so I have some lunch for the next couple days. Prob some fish and rice or something.

Today I am lifting legs so that should be fun...

Nice leg and shoulder lift today. Ended up working out with a buddy from work and he wanted me to hit it with him so we did his workout today. Leg and shoulder super sets...

BB Squat (Superset with Standing Arnold Presses) -

Squat -
    135 x 10 - 6 sets (didn't go up in weight because I wanted to keep form really good)

Arnold Presses -
    35 x 10 - 3 sets
    40 x 6-8 - 2 sets
    20 x 20 - 1 set

Seated Calf Raises (Superset with shoulder rotations with a 45lb plate)
    3 Plates x 10 - 6 sets

Leg Presses (Superset with side and front raises)
    5 Plates on each side x 6-8 - 6 sets

Side and front raises
    20 x 6-8 - 3 sets
    10 x 8 - 3 sets

1 arm DB squat to military press
    40 x 6 each arm - 4 sets

I will say, this was an interesting workout. It is not at all like what I normally do so I guess the change up was good. I would have cut the sets down to 3 instead of 6 and I would have done a couple different things but all in all it was good.

I had a chicken, apple, pecan and cranberry salad. In a little I will have a protein shake and the rest of my pasta and meat sauce.

Tomorrow will be back and bi's so I am stoked. I like back day...nice pump

Did some back and bi's today...felt really good

Back and bi's -

Deadlifts -
    135 x 12
    185 x 8
    235 x 3 (Dropset)
    185 x 5
    135 x 5

1 Arm DB Curl -
    35 x 10
    40 x 7
    40 x 5

Assisted Pull Up - 120
    10 wide grip / 7 close grip
    7 wide grip / 5 close grip
    5 wide grip / 4 close grip

EZ Bar Curls -
    45 x 10
    55 x 7

Seated Cable Rows (Superset with Cable Curls)
    Rows: 100 x 10 Curls: 30 x 8
    Rows: 120 x 8 Curls: 30 x 6
    Rows: 140 x 5 Curls: 30 x 6

Lat Pull Downs -
    110 x 10
    120 x 8
    140 x 6

BB Preacher Curls -
    40 x 8
    40 x 6

Hyperextensions -

Hammer Strength Row -
    2 Plates on each side x 10
    3 Plates on each side x 4 (Dropset)
    2 Plates on each side x 6
    1 Plate on each side x 12

Had a PWO Shake but need to get some good Carbs to put in it...so had some paste also with some sausage red sauce...delicious...then had a little bit of taco salad that my buddy had left over.

Not sure what I am eating tonight but I am going to go play some Poker so I am sure I will have a couple drinks and probably some pizza or something...just have to work it off tomorrow.

Next week I am going to start running in the mornings. Mon - Fri so I get my cardio in that way.

So had a few days off from the gym...this was the 1st week of lifting again so my body was pretty tore down. I took Fri, Sat and Sun off but worked with my buddy on Sat so had some cardio and lifting since I help him with furniture.

I feel really good now. Ready to lift strong this week.

I need to start running in the morning this week because I can tell I am putting on a little weight just from getting back to eating carbs and balanced. Had some beers last night and a burger and hot dog yesterday. Also some jalapeno poppers last night.

So now I have to work it all off. Want to start doing the cardio to help with some fat loss. I am doing chest and tri's today.

Need to get some money to buy a couple supps. Need to get a new, better multi...maybe animal pak...also want to get creatine...loved when I took that but I need to get back some more muscle before it will really help.

Just my thoughts from over the weekend...I will post my workouts through the week...eating some pasta, sauce and italian sausage for the next couple days...

Great ****in lift today...

Chest with some misc.

BB Flat Bench -
    Bar - 15
    135 - 12
    185 - 6
    195 - 3
    225 - 4 (1 almost full and the rest negatives)
    225 - 2 Negatives (Dropset)
    135 - 5 (short rest)
    135 - 6

Wide Grip Hammer Strength -
    1 Plate - 15
    2 Plates - 8
    3 Plates - 2 (Dropset)
    2 Plates - 5 (Dropset)
    1 Plate - 8

Standing Cable Flys -
    6 sets - 6-10 reps - 20-35lbs per side

Standing Incline Cable's -
    6 sets - 6-10 reps - 20-35lbs per side (Superset)

Box Jumps -
    6 sets - 6-8 jumps

Standing Decline Cable's -
    6 sets - 6-10 reps - 20-35lbs (Superset)

DB Shrugs -
    6 sets - 8-10 reps - 60lbs

I worked out with a buddy from work so it was different than I would normally do but it was really good...had a good sweat going and muscles were nice and pumped...I was surprised that I could almost get 225 up once by myself...it really didnt feel that bad so hopefully in a few weeks I will be able to start repping 225 again...

Tomorrow will probably be legs...that will be interesting but whatever.

Food so far today...

Breakfast -
    Wheat Pasta with tomato sauce and italian suasage

PWO -
    Protein Shake

PWO meal / lunch -
    Wheat Pasta, Sauce and italian suasage

Dinner will be either pasta or chicken/steak and potatos...we will see what happens

Really good lift today as well!

Hit Shoulder's, bi's and tri's...

Bicep curls superset with front lat raises -

Curls - 6 sets x 6-10 reps x 65lbs
    Front Raises - 6 sets x 6-8 reps x 25 - 45lbs

Military presses superset with Lat raises
    4 sets in front x 6-8 reps x 65lbs
    4 sets behind x 6-8 reps x 65lbs

8 sets x 6-8 reps x 15lbs

DB Curls Superset with DB Tri extensions -
    Curls : 6 sets x 5-8 reps x 30-40lbs
    Tri ext : 6 sets x 6-10 reps x 15-20lbs

Forearm cable curls superset with cable lat raises -
    Forearm curls : 3 sets x 15-30 reps x 50-60
    Lat raises : 3 sets x 6-8 reps x 20-30

Felt really good...shoulders were blasted. I ate some pasta, sauce and suasage right after...had a pre-workout shake and will have another one tonight prob. Felling good...a lot stronger than last week

Pretty good lift today...didnt have as much energy as I should have but it's all good...

Back and Legs

Deadlifts Superset with squats holding 1 plate -
    Deadlifts - 135 x 12
    185 x 8
    235 x 4 (Dropset)
    185 x 5 (Dropset)
    135 x 6
    Did the sqauts in between each set except the dropsets at the end.

Squats -
    135 x 7
    135 x 7
    135 x 6
    (I kept the weight lighter becuase my legs were kind of week from the deadlifts and squats I did before and I wanted to make sure my form was spot on.)

Pull ups -
    Assisted with 100lb - 6 wide grip followed directly with 5 close grip
    Assisted with 120lb - 5 wide grip followed directly with 5 close grip
    assisted with 120lb - 5 wide grip followed directly with 4 close grip
    (This is definitely something I am working on. I want to get some good sets of unassisted pull ups soon.)

Seated cable rows (Close Grip) -
    100 x 12
    150 x 8
    170 x 4

Leg Press -
    2 Plates ea side x 15 then 15 calf raises
    3 plates ea side x 10 then 10 calf raises
    4 plates ea side x 6 then 8 calf raises (Dropset)
    3 plates x 8 (Dropset)
    2 Plates x 8

Cable Lat Pulldown -
    120 x 10
    150 x 6
    170 x 4 (Dropset)
    120 x 6 (Dropset)
    70 x 12

Hammer Strength Lat Pulldown -
    1 Plate ea side x 12
    2 plates ea side x 4
    1 Plate ea side x 10

Laying down Hamstring curls -
    60 x 10
    80 x 6

Hyperextensions -

Ab cruncher -

All in all it was good. Feeling a lot stronger but still have tons of work to do.

Had a Subway Chicken breast sandwich right after and a pre-wo shake right before. Will have some pasta and suace and suasage in a little and then some white bean and chicken chili when I get home tonight.

Tomorrow will prob be a arm/misc day. we will see how I feel.

Went Friday and blasted Bi's and Tri's...they were super pumped. I also did 20 mins on the bike.

Took the weekend off...just working and lifting some furniture and ****.

Made a bunch of pasta last night for this week. Wheat pasta with tomato sauce and ground beef, onion, garlic, bell pepper and a bunch of other ****.

Today I will be working out after work probably. It will be chest day. I am not sore at all right now so it should be a good lift. My body is definitly getting used to lifting again. I am only a little sore the next day after a lift and it doesnt linger around for a few days and make the other workouts suck.

I will post my training later today.

Quick update...I have still been hitting it hard. Just havent had much time to update on here. I will post a good update soon but strength is coming along really well.