dieseldemondog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

P90x and weight training?!

Does anyone know if I can continue to gain muscle mass while doing p90x? I want to shred the fat but keep gaining muscle mass!

Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dieseldemondog View Post
    Does anyone know if I can continue to gain muscle mass while doing p90x? I want to shred the fat but keep gaining muscle mass!
    Not real likely to happen. Losing fat while gaining muscle is very hard to do unless you are obese or have some amazing genes.

stowellomite will become famous soon enough. (+50) stowellomite will become famous soon enough. (+50) stowellomite will become famous soon enough. (+50) stowellomite will become famous soon enough. (+50) stowellomite will become famous soon enough. (+50) stowellomite will become famous soon enough. (+50) stowellomite will become famous soon enough. (+50) stowellomite will become famous soon enough. (+50) stowellomite will become famous soon enough. (+50) stowellomite will become famous soon enough. (+50) stowellomite will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dieseldemondog View Post
    Sure is possible, especially when you are new to the game as gains come easily. I ran P90X and dropped fat while picking up muscle. I logged it on my bodyspace.

I will however say I am a month into a full body routine and loving it with 4 new pounds. I have been running a mild surplus of 300 while I wait out summer (will run a real bulk in the fall) and have made consistent gains and put on the same amount of weight I did during all 3 months of P90X and kept the body fat in the same realm.

A good diet is going to be 90 percent and if you are going to try to run close to maintenance you really need to ensure your macros are in order and you are getting around 1.5g of protein to lean mass.

Here are a couple of articles that may help you get your diet in order.

Long version:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/body...tion_guide.htm
    Short version:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lean...on-secrets.htm

CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Only if you are brand new to lifting. To diet if you are not obese, you need to be below maintenance calories which would severely hinder muscle growth. That's why people bulk and eat ABOVE maintenance calories. So you could be talking up to a 1000 calorie swing, theoretically, between bulking up muscle and cutting fat. I would pick a goal and stick to it. But as I said, a newbie to training will be rewarded with muscle gains on a cut that most of us just wouldn't see. So just stick to your lower calorie diet and go from there.