Aussie1993 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aussie1993 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Upright Rows Hurt My Shoulder

As the title says..I believe it is the rotar cuff that it hurts. I also do laterial raises, shoulder press and the arnold press which does not hurt my rotar cuff..
    What other exercise is good for building BIG shoulder muscles.
    Suggest the next bext shoulder exercise..

Thank you.

FullFatMilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) FullFatMilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) FullFatMilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) FullFatMilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) FullFatMilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) FullFatMilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) FullFatMilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) FullFatMilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) FullFatMilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) FullFatMilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) FullFatMilk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Same but I just go a bit lighter.

Try rear cable extensions, db shoulder press, arnie press, shrugs for traps obv
    world of dogs

pev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pev has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If they hurt your shoulder stop doing them, they are one of the worst exercises you can do for your shoulder.
    The test physios use to determine if you have impingement in your shoulder i the exct action used in an upright row. Place safety before any minute gains you might and substitute it with something else like the obvious presses and lateral raises imo

nmc121393 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Aussie1993 View Post
    As the title says..I believe it is the rotar cuff that it hurts. I also do laterial raises, shoulder press and the arnold press which does not hurt my rotar cuff..
    What other exercise is good for building BIG shoulder muscles.
    Suggest the next bext shoulder exercise..

Thank you.
    if its hurting your rotator cuff just stop doing them that is the one thing you dont want to **** with let it heal then try and find a different exercise

Tracey128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tracey128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tracey128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tracey128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tracey128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tracey128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tracey128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tracey128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tracey128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tracey128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tracey128 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    upright rows made my rotator cuff hurt at first too but it stopped the Next week i did them
    Fav 3 lifts: Close grip bench, Squats, and Deadlifts

bench: 225 (10/9/2010)
    squat: 325 (may2010)
    deadlift 275x5 (april2010)

goal: to be razor sharp cut while being as strong as possible

WHEN I START BACK LIFTING IM COMING BACK ---> FULL FORCE

Tommes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tommes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1st post
    taken from this site:

The Upright Row is one of the most harmful exercises you can expose your shoulders to. The problem with the exercise lies in the position your arms must be in in order to perform the movement. This position is called "internal rotation."

To demonstrate internal rotation, hold your arms straight out to the sides with your palms down. Now rotate your hands forward as if you were pouring out a glass of water in each. To do the upright row, the arms are bent at the elbow then internally rotated.

Internal rotation itself is not necessarily bad for your shoulders. The problem comes when you raise the arms up and add resistance in that position. Every time you raise the weight, a small tendon in your shoulder gets pinched (known as impingement) by the bones in the shoulder.

This may not hurt immediately; it may not even hurt for a long, long time. The problem is the tendon will gradually become worn down and damaged. You may not even know you have a problem until one day the tendon snaps!