Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25
    EasTexan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EasTexan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EasTexan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EasTexan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EasTexan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EasTexan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EasTexan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EasTexan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EasTexan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EasTexan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EasTexan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Try elance and oDesk.

Ed_Norton_fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ed_Norton_fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ed_Norton_fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ed_Norton_fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ed_Norton_fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ed_Norton_fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ed_Norton_fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ed_Norton_fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ed_Norton_fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ed_Norton_fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ed_Norton_fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Do any of you guys offer help or lesson in exchange for paypal? I got an assignment in c# atm and I'm pretty much screwed lol. It's about objects/classes, basically have to build a board game similar to shoots and ladders. pm me if interested

jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000)
    the hardest part for me is getting phuckin started. i want to laern gt but cant figure out how to get it setup

Cronoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cronoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cronoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cronoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cronoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cronoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cronoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cronoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cronoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cronoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cronoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by jantelo View Post
    the hardest part for me is getting phuckin started. i want to laern gt but cant figure out how to get it setup
    gt?

or git?

EasTexan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EasTexan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EasTexan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EasTexan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EasTexan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EasTexan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EasTexan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EasTexan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EasTexan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EasTexan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EasTexan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Ed_Norton_fan View Post
    Do any of you guys offer help or lesson in exchange for paypal? I got an assignment in c# atm and I'm pretty much screwed lol. It's about objects/classes, basically have to build a board game similar to shoots and ladders. pm me if interested
    Break it down into its basic parts and make those your objects. Make a GameBoard object, Player object, etc. Which parts are you having issues with, OO concepts or C# syntax?

DannyBoy69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DannyBoy69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DannyBoy69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DannyBoy69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DannyBoy69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DannyBoy69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DannyBoy69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DannyBoy69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DannyBoy69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DannyBoy69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DannyBoy69 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    In on this thread.

Appears mostly desktop based development going on up in here. Anyone need help with web development using PHP?

Also, PM if you're in the Sydney (Au) are and are looking for a web dev job (PHP/.NET) - my company is hiring (30+ employees)
    -dan

DannyBoy69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DannyBoy69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DannyBoy69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DannyBoy69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DannyBoy69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DannyBoy69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DannyBoy69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DannyBoy69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DannyBoy69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DannyBoy69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DannyBoy69 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Got too many projects going on, mostly school related.

Anyone use mySQL or have knowledge of GUIs
    MySQL brah checking in. What's up.
    -dan

Ed_Norton_fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ed_Norton_fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ed_Norton_fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ed_Norton_fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ed_Norton_fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ed_Norton_fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ed_Norton_fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ed_Norton_fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ed_Norton_fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ed_Norton_fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ed_Norton_fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by EasTexan View Post
    Break it down into its basic parts and make those your objects. Make a GameBoard object, Player object, etc. Which parts are you having issues with, OO concepts or C# syntax?
    I'm stuck at the very start. I've created a display for the board using a TableLayoutPanel, but the assignment is asking me to construct a SquareControl object for each of the squares in the board, including the Start and Finish squares.

jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000) jantelo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Cronoh View Post
    gt?

or git?
    whoops. qt, the software framework for c++. made some good progress tho, apparently their framework does support ms vs 2012 express 32-bit which is what i use. I am now in the process of downloading debain. gonna run it on a VM to develop QT applications, plus gonna get some more linux experience on the way as i suck with it atm

Originally Posted by Ed_Norton_fan View Post
    I'm stuck at the very start. I've created a display for the board using a TableLayoutPanel, but the assignment is asking me to construct a SquareControl object for each of the squares in the board, including the Start and Finish squares.
    I haven't played shoots and ladders in ages, but I assume your TableLayout object would use some sort of data structure (eg array, linkedlist, etc) to hold SquareControl objects and ultimately the layout of the board (obviously). A player object would interact with methods within whichever SquareControl object it is currently "on" to know what to "do" (go back a space, draw a card, whatever). Squares could have pointers (references) to other Squares to represent the shoots and ladders. Dunno if this makes any sense, but I can see it in my head lol.

Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000) Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000) Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000) Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000) Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000) Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000) Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000) Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000) Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000) Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000) Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Can anyone tell me why this RelaxNG XML Schema isn't working?

presentations2.xml
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <?xml-model href="presentations2.rng" type="application/xml" schematypens="http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0"?>
    <presentations>
      <presentation date="2013-07-31" length="PT30M">
        <topic genre="Music">PianoML</topic>
        <presenters>
          <name title="Mr." id="Y258">
            <first>Elvis</first>
            <middle>A</middle>
            <last>Presley </last>
          </name>
          <name title="Miss" id="X365">
            <first>Lady</first>
            <last>Gaga</last>
          </name>
        </presenters>
      </presentation>
      <presentation date="2013-08-05" length="PT35M">
        <topic genre="Science">AlienML</topic>
        <presenters>
          <name title="Mr." id="Y007">
            <first>Will</first>
            <last>Smith</last>
          </name>
          <name title="Mr." id="Y360">
            <first>Tommy</first>
            <first>Lee</first>
            <last>Jones</last>
          </name>
        </presenters>
      </presentation>
    </presentations>
    presentations2.rng
    Code:
    <!-- Define namespaces and libraries  -->
    <grammar xmlns="http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" datatypeLibrary="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-datatypes">
      <!-- Define date attribute of type date globally.  -->
      <define name="dateAtt">
        <attribute name="date">
          <data type="date"/>
        </attribute>
      </define>
      <!-- Define length attribute of type string globally.  -->
      <define name="lengthAtt">
        <attribute name="length">
          <data type="string"/>
        </attribute>
      </define>
      <!-- Define topic element with attribute genre globally.  -->
      <define name="topicElement">
        <ref name="genreAtt"/>
      </define>
      <!-- Define name element with id and title attributes, one or more first name child elements, zero or one middle name child elements, and a last name child element globally.  -->
      <define name="nameElement">
        <ref name="idAtt"/>
        <ref name="titleAtt"/>
        <oneOrMore>
          <element name="first">
            <data type="string"/>
          </element>
        </oneOrMore>
        <optional>
          <element name="middle">
            <data type="string"/>
          </element>
        </optional>
        <element name="last">
          <data type="string"/>
        </element>
      </define>
      <!-- Define title attribute globally. Restrict possible values to Mr. Mrs. Ms. or Miss  -->
      <define name="titleAtt">
        <attribute name="title">
          <choice>
            <value type="token">Mr.</value>
            <value type="token">Mrs.</value>
            <value type="token">Ms.</value>
            <value type="token">Miss</value>
          </choice>
        </attribute>
      </define>
      <!-- Define id attribute of type id globally. Must follow patter or an X or a Y follwed by three digits.  -->
      <define name="idAtt">
        <attribute name="id">
          <data type="token">
            <param name="pattern">[XY]\d{3}</param>
          </data>
        </attribute>
      </define>
      <!-- Define genre attribute globally. Restrict possible values to the choics of Art, Music, Science, or Technology.  -->
      <define name="genreAtt">
        <attribute name="genre">
          <choice>
            <value type="token">Art</value>
            <value type="token">Music</value>
            <value type="token">Science</value>
            <value type="token">Technology</value>
          </choice>
        </attribute>
      </define>
      <!-- Put everything together.  -->
      <start>
        <!-- Root element is presentations  -->
        <element name="presentations">
          <!-- There are zero or more presentation elements each with attributes date and length and elements topic and presenters.  -->
          <zeroOrMore>
            <element name="presentation">
              <ref name="dateAtt"/>
              <ref name="lengthAtt"/>
              <ref name="topicElement"/>
              <!-- The element presenters has one or more name elements.  -->
              <element name="presenters">
                <oneOrMore>
                  <!-- Name element is defined globally and has children first middle and last.  -->
                  <ref name="nameElement"/>
                </oneOrMore>
              </element>
            </element>
          </zeroOrMore>
        </element>
      </start>
    </grammar>
    Principal Engineer
    CS Crew

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlston Heston

Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000) Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000) Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000) Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000) Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000) Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000) Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000) Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000) Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000) Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000) Gronnie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I ended up starting over and getting it to work. Here is the working code if anyone is interested:

Code:
    <grammar 
        xmlns="http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0"
        xmlns:a="http://relaxng.org/ns/compatibility/annotations/1.0"
        datatypeLibrary="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-datatypes">
        <!-- Define Date Global -->
        <define name="dateAtt">
            <attribute name="date">
                <data type="date"/>
            </attribute>
        </define>
        <!-- Define Length Global -->
        <define name="lengthAtt">
            <attribute name="length">
                <data type="duration"/>
            </attribute>
        </define>
        <!-- Define Topic Global -->
        <define name="topicElement">
            <element name="topic">
                <data type="string"/>
                <ref name="genreAtt"/>
            </element>
        </define>

<!-- Define Name Global -->
        <define name="nameElement">
            <element name="name">
                <!-- Reference title and id attributes -->
                <ref name="titleAtt"/>
                <ref name="idAtt"/>
                <!-- Define children (one or more first, optional middle, one last name) -->
                    <oneOrMore>
                        <element name="first">
                            <data type="string"></data>
                        </element>
                    </oneOrMore>
                    <optional>
                        <element name="middle">
                        </element>
                    </optional>
                    <element name="last">
                    </element>
            </element>
        </define>
        <!-- Define title attribute global. Restrict values to those enumerated. -->
        <define name="titleAtt">
            <attribute name="title">
                <choice>
                    <value type="token">Mr.</value>
                    <value type="token">Mrs.</value>
                    <value type="token">Ms.</value>
                    <value type="token">Miss</value>
                </choice>
            </attribute>
        </define>
        <!-- Define id attribute global. Restrict values to those that start with an X or Y followed by 3 digits -->
        <define name="idAtt">
            <attribute name="id">
                <data type="token">
                    <param name="pattern">[XY]\d{3}</param>
                </data>
            </attribute>
        </define>
        <!-- Define genre attribute global. Restrict values to those enumerated. -->
        <define name="genreAtt">
            <attribute name="genre">
                <choice>
                    <value type="token">Art</value>
                    <value type="token">Music</value>
                    <value type="token">Science</value>
                    <value type="token">Technology</value>
                </choice>
            </attribute>
        </define>
        <!-- Start element -->
        <start>
            <!-- Root element presentations -->
            <element name="presentations">
                <!-- Followed by zero or more presentation elements. -->
                <zeroOrMore>
                    <element name="presentation">
                        <!-- Reference date and length attributes -->
                        <ref name="dateAtt"/>
                        <ref name="lengthAtt"/>
                        <!-- Has child elements topic and presenters -->
                        <ref name="topicElement"/>
                        <element name="presenters">
                            <!-- Presenters has one or more name elements. Name has child elements first, middle, and last (as defined globally) -->
                            <oneOrMore>
                                <ref name="nameElement"/>
                            </oneOrMore>
                        </element>
                    </element>
                </zeroOrMore>
            </element>
        </start>
        <!-- End start element -->
    </grammar>
    <!-- End of document -->
    Principal Engineer
    CS Crew

Stay Hydrated Devil Dogs! Jeremy-Vincent's Avatar
    Jeremy-Vincent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeremy-Vincent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeremy-Vincent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeremy-Vincent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeremy-Vincent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeremy-Vincent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeremy-Vincent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeremy-Vincent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeremy-Vincent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeremy-Vincent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeremy-Vincent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    any brahs willing to make an extra buck, pm me. i'm looking for an experienced programmer in java. trying to get a hack made for a 2d java based game. (not minecraft not that popular)
    03 Cobra crew
    1911 Firearm Crew
    Texas Crew
    Old Misc Crew
    USMC The Green Weenie
    ++ Positive Crew ++

Originally Posted by SaniK View Post
    sup brahs, checking in. I'm pretty advanced with Java/C/Android so let me know if you have questions. I'll be graduating this semester and have a full-time software engineering position lined up.

any of you go for a masters in comp sci? Was wondering how that was. I get tuition reimbursement for my job so I was considering applying for some grad schools in the future, but wasn't sure if it's worth it for comp sci. Doing a thesis isn't very appealing to me right now lol, but going for the no-thesis option seems worthless.
    How were the interviews.. I need to start applying

Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Expert C/C++ programmer here. Will be watching this thread from this point on if anyone has questions. My specialty is embedded programming on TI DSP or Atmel processors. Also fairly versed in ARM and MIPS assembly but I don't regularly program in assembly.

JaxJags will become famous soon enough. (+50) JaxJags will become famous soon enough. (+50) JaxJags will become famous soon enough. (+50) JaxJags will become famous soon enough. (+50) JaxJags will become famous soon enough. (+50) JaxJags will become famous soon enough. (+50) JaxJags will become famous soon enough. (+50) JaxJags will become famous soon enough. (+50) JaxJags will become famous soon enough. (+50) JaxJags will become famous soon enough. (+50) JaxJags will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Can anyone help me with this C program?

Code:
    #include <stdio.h>
    #include <conio.h>

int main( )
    {
    	char s1[ ] = "   abcdefg   ";
                 oneSpace(s1);
                 printf("s1: %s", s1);
                 return 0;  
    }

int oneSpace(char *s1)
    {
    	int i = 0;
    	//Remove Leading Spaces 
    	for(i=0; i < 13; i++)
    	{
    		if(isspace(s1[i]))
    		{
    			s1++;
    		}
    		else
    			break;
    	}

//Remove Trailing Spaces
    	for(i=12; i > 0; i--)
    	{

if(isspace(s1[i]))
    		{
    			s1[i]='\0';
    		}
    		else
    			break;
    	}

return 0; 
    }
    I want it to remove the whitespaces at the beginning and end of the string. I got the ending spaces removed, but not the front. Any ideas?
    Last edited by JaxJags; 09-15-2013 at 05:09 PM.
    Squat 405
    Bench 285
    Deadlift 445

moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000)
    subbing here brahs. Great thread.
    I ALWAYS rep back, just leave a link to one of your posts in the rep comment.

whoops. qt, the software framework for c++. made some good progress tho, apparently their framework does support ms vs 2012 express 32-bit which is what i use. I am now in the process of downloading debain. gonna run it on a VM to develop QT applications, plus gonna get some more linux experience on the way as i suck with it atm
    lmfaoooo i made this comment 3 months ago. Mind = nuked I was such a ****in n00b back then. Learned so much in this time frame

moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000)
    testing
    This thread is buggy as fuark.
    I ALWAYS rep back, just leave a link to one of your posts in the rep comment.

Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey brahs, I have some questions, if any of y'all have feedback/advice, I'd really appreciate it.

So, I have zero coding/programming experience and would not be able to build my own website in a timely fashion. I am working on launching my first business, and I am still in the prototyping stage of my product, but while that is happening I want to have my site start to be developed. Now before you suggest WordPress, there are some unique things that I want to do with my site, especially later on down the line, so that's why I want to go custom-built. Also, I own the domain I want through GoDaddy (had to buy through them since the domain was registered by someone, prior to me, through them), and I want to switch it to a reliable host. Any recommendations? I have been recommended to look into a cloud setup like what Rackspace and DreamHost offer, anyone have any experience with that?

As far as what I want from my website, at least in the beginning, is something similar to this site: https://www.humblebundle.com/ - I like the social media/account bar at the top, but it would be ideal if as you scrolled down the screen, it was always at the top. Also, I really love how they have kept almost everything on one page, from the products to the shopping cart, it really streamlines the user experience. I also like when you click on a game and a box pops up under it showing more information and media on the game, cool feature, that I'd like to use for my products.

What do you guys reckon a site like this would cost to have made and where do I go to hire someone to build it?
    MAGA

tryhard33 is a name known to all. (+5000) tryhard33 is a name known to all. (+5000) tryhard33 is a name known to all. (+5000) tryhard33 is a name known to all. (+5000) tryhard33 is a name known to all. (+5000) tryhard33 is a name known to all. (+5000) tryhard33 is a name known to all. (+5000) tryhard33 is a name known to all. (+5000) tryhard33 is a name known to all. (+5000) tryhard33 is a name known to all. (+5000) tryhard33 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Check out adobe edge animate
    Ex- Yu Mafia

Whew, just finished a marathon coding session writing a class specification for a binary search tree, and implementing the class and a test program. Probably shouldn't have left it until the night before it was due.... god I'm such a procrastinator.
    Principal Engineer
    CS Crew

NoRKk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoRKk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoRKk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoRKk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoRKk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoRKk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoRKk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoRKk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoRKk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoRKk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoRKk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JaxJags View Post
    Can anyone help me with this C program?

Code:
    #include <stdio.h>
    #include <conio.h>

int main( )
    {
    	char s1[ ] = "   abcdefg   ";
                 oneSpace(s1);
                 printf("s1: %s", s1);
                 return 0;  
    }

int oneSpace(char *s1)
    {
    	int i = 0;
    	//Remove Leading Spaces 
    	for(i=0; i < 13; i++)
    	{
    		if(isspace(s1[i]))
    		{
    			s1++;
    		}
    		else
    			break;
    	}

//Remove Trailing Spaces
    	for(i=12; i > 0; i--)
    	{

if(isspace(s1[i]))
    		{
    			s1[i]='\0';
    		}
    		else
    			break;
    	}

return 0; 
    }
    I want it to remove the whitespaces at the beginning and end of the string. I got the ending spaces removed, but not the front. Any ideas?

It doesn't work because when you give your pointer (s1) to the function oneSpace, a copy of this pointer is created in the oneSpace function scope. So basically you are moving the copy of your pointer in your function. You need to return your the copy of your pointer to main if you want it to work properly. Or you can give it directly the pointer address to your oneSpace function.

I'm not sure if I explained very clearly, don't hesitate to ask more questions if you need.

coynemoney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coynemoney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coynemoney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coynemoney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coynemoney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coynemoney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coynemoney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coynemoney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coynemoney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coynemoney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coynemoney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Gronnie View Post
    Whew, just finished a marathon coding session writing a class specification for a binary search tree, and implementing the class and a test program. Probably shouldn't have left it until the night before it was due.... god I'm such a procrastinator.
    If I could give one piece of advice to any CS major, it would be start your projects as soon as possible every time, no matter how small or trivial the problem seems. I spent my first 4 years of college procrastinating projects and just squeaking by with like a C- average. I ended up being forced to go back for a 9th semester to finish up some classes. During this final semester, taking what were the most difficult classes in the curriculum, I decided to start projects asap, ask questions about the projects, seek help if needed, and ended up receiving all As that semester.

It was a real eye opener and made me regret thinking I was too smart or cool or whatever to not procrastinate these things.
    "Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor."
    -Alexis Carrel

Anyone here good with assembly language? I have to make a program in Easy68K that uses a recursive, reentrant subroutine to do multiplication ancient Egyptian style. We don't have to handle overflow, but if we do it is extra credit (if overflow occurs, program should return -1).

I have it working perfect without handling overflow, but can't for the life of me figure out how to properly handle the overflow. Anyone interested in taking a look at it if I post my code?
    Principal Engineer
    CS Crew

XCrushFitnessX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've always thought coding was cool but theres a battle against an active lifestyle & sedentary. Exercise is what balances it out. I just feel guilty and restless in 1 spot.

Anyway, what is the best way to start a website when I don't want to have to pay someone to keep all the code to themselves? I want the person to share the code/ code in a way that others can also format. Should I just go with a website builder? And does it even benefit me as a Health & Fitness Professional?

For the love of pantsu Rawp0wer1O1's Avatar
    Location: Cleveland Ohio, Bringing instrumentality down on your candy ass, Japan
    Rawp0wer1O1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rawp0wer1O1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rawp0wer1O1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rawp0wer1O1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rawp0wer1O1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rawp0wer1O1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rawp0wer1O1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rawp0wer1O1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rawp0wer1O1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rawp0wer1O1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rawp0wer1O1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Gronnie View Post
    Anyone here good with assembly language? I have to make a program in Easy68K that uses a recursive, reentrant subroutine to do multiplication ancient Egyptian style. We don't have to handle overflow, but if we do it is extra credit (if overflow occurs, program should return -1).

I have it working perfect without handling overflow, but can't for the life of me figure out how to properly handle the overflow. Anyone interested in taking a look at it if I post my code?
    i just finished my x86 asm class

fuk

that

chit

looool

High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What's the avg starting salary for a junior developer?

in 3-5 yrs?
    ''The fight is won or lost far away from the witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road; long before I dance under those lights.'' - Muhammad Ali

“Cus was a strong believer that in your mind you had to be the entity you wanted to be. If you wanted to be heavyweight champion of the world, you had to start living the life of a heavyweight champion…- iron mike

"'No' doesn't mean no, 'no' means work on the neck, the nipples, try back in five minutes" - a wise man

Ace Thedics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Thedics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Thedics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Thedics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Thedics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Thedics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Thedics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Thedics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Thedics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Thedics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Thedics has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Rawp0wer1O1 View Post
    i just finished my x86 asm class

fuk

that

chit

looool
    I just took a new job that actually has me doing 0 asm related activities and am incredibly happy.
    The above post is a 100% complete lie

Gettin' emaciated