NumeroCinco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking hi im new2weight lifting and would really aprishiate the opinions of the tryed&true..

Hi my names Daniel, IM a 19 year old guy and I just started to get into weight lifting, I would like some opinion on my routine, and some help on some questions/ problems im having.

My stats are: Height, 5 foot 11 / or 6'' i weigh anywhere from 175lbs to 185lbs it seems to always vary.

My routine consists of a 3 day program:

Day 1 for arms and shoulders
    then followed by a rest day
    Day 2 butt, thighs, and legs
    then followed by anouther rest day
    Day 3 chest, abs, and back,
    followed by 2 more rest days.

Each workout day i do a mini cardiovascular warm-up before i work out.
    i jump rope for 100-150 jumps then do 15-20 sit ups and or crunches followed by 10-15 pushups, i do three reps of all of these in a circuit, Moving from one to the other quickly to raise the heart rate because I was told this will help turn my weightlifting that would some follow in to a "fat burner" sorta thing as well as strength increaser... I also plan to increase these numbers as they become routine and less of a demanding thing.
    For my 3 day routine i switch the types of exercises i do for the muscle groups because i have read this promotes faster development. i work out at home with free weights, i have a generic weight bench and a generic barbell setup. with two dumbbells, ... My problem is that i have very little upper body strength, but have a much stronger lower body, (from soccer and biking) that i used to do, so IM not really proportionally developed, I have also notices that the non-dominate side of my body is much weaker than the dominate side, also I have dislocated my right elbow a few years back and it's range of motion exceeds that of the other. When I do pushups or an exercise that calls for that joint it seems that I bend it differently than the other arm and I am concerned that it will cause un-symmetrical muscle development. also is it normal for your knee's to make a poping and cracking sound when you lift.

It also seems that some times when I do my routine I sometimes don't reach the stage when I feel the (burn in the muscles I am working) on one side, should I exceed my reps in just that side or wait for the sides to catch up with each other, or would this be from due to improper form.

I've never really been in to the dieting idea, i think you should just increases the out put to lose the weight, so i just am going to try to increase the protein and reduce the complex sugars and carbs, while trying to eat well and often. i also attempt to drink dutiful amounts of water when i can. I have begun to take creatine in the form of the oral dropper under the tongue on work out days.
    so that's what i am doing and have planed to do, if you have read this and have spotted any red flags or have any comments about it please let me know. i would greatly appreciate it,

...my goal is to reduce my overall body fat and develop a trimmed and masculine v shape to my upper body.. and seriously increase my arm, chest and shoulders.
    one of my major questions is would it be unwise to increase the numbers of days i workout, i know that i need to rest to allow muscle growth but i would like to get a lot stronger and bigger as fast as possible with out taking and other supplements like hormones cause those just seem to risky....thanks a million
    DAN

ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey bro.

I would change that split up a bit if I were you. I tried working chest and back on the same day, but never really made much progress doing it that way. I would do something like chest/bis, back/tris, legs/shoulders. I'm on this routine now and am loving it. I'll leave it up to you though, if you feel like your routine is working, go with it.

You can't loose fat and gain muscle at the same time (unless you are new to it and are really lucky) so pick one. I recommend you read this article: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=101841
    It'll give you the run down on what you should be doing, and there are some links to some more good articles in it too.

For your routine when you change it up there are some good ideas in here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=111953

I've never taken creatine, but i hear the liquid form is worthless, so you might want to stay away from that and get it in micronized powder form next time.

About one side being stronger than the other...I would stop both sides when your weakest side reaches failure, and allow your weaker side to catch up.

Your knees shouldn't be cracking when you work out. Does this happen all the time? On what exercises?

Read the articles I posted (esp. sychokid's) and post if i missed anything or if you have anymore questions.

Good luck.

Cool thanks for your views

i really aprisheate your time, about my knee they make a a sound similar to when you crack your knuckles when i do squats and other leg exersise that require bending of the knees, but its just mainly durring squats

sh0ckMast3r has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sh0ckMast3r has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Re: hi im new2weight lifting and would really aprishiate the opinions of the tryed&true..

Originally posted by NumeroCinco
    Hi my names Daniel, IM a 19 year old guy and I just started to get into weight lifting, I would like some opinion on my routine, and some help on some questions/ problems im having.

My stats are: Height, 5 foot 11 / or 6'' i weigh anywhere from 175lbs to 185lbs it seems to always vary.

My routine consists of a 3 day program:

Day 1 for arms and shoulders
    then followed by a rest day
    Day 2 butt, thighs, and legs
    then followed by anouther rest day
    Day 3 chest, abs, and back,
    followed by 2 more rest days.

Each workout day i do a mini cardiovascular warm-up before i work out.
    i jump rope for 100-150 jumps then do 15-20 sit ups and or crunches followed by 10-15 pushups, i do three reps of all of these in a circuit, Moving from one to the other quickly to raise the heart rate because I was told this will help turn my weightlifting that would some follow in to a "fat burner" sorta thing as well as strength increaser... I also plan to increase these numbers as they become routine and less of a demanding thing.
    For my 3 day routine i switch the types of exercises i do for the muscle groups because i have read this promotes faster development. i work out at home with free weights, i have a generic weight bench and a generic barbell setup. with two dumbbells, ... My problem is that i have very little upper body strength, but have a much stronger lower body, (from soccer and biking) that i used to do, so IM not really proportionally developed, I have also notices that the non-dominate side of my body is much weaker than the dominate side, also I have dislocated my right elbow a few years back and it's range of motion exceeds that of the other. When I do pushups or an exercise that calls for that joint it seems that I bend it differently than the other arm and I am concerned that it will cause un-symmetrical muscle development. also is it normal for your knee's to make a poping and cracking sound when you lift.

It also seems that some times when I do my routine I sometimes don't reach the stage when I feel the (burn in the muscles I am working) on one side, should I exceed my reps in just that side or wait for the sides to catch up with each other, or would this be from due to improper form.

I've never really been in to the dieting idea, i think you should just increases the out put to lose the weight, so i just am going to try to increase the protein and reduce the complex sugars and carbs, while trying to eat well and often. i also attempt to drink dutiful amounts of water when i can. I have begun to take creatine in the form of the oral dropper under the tongue on work out days.
    so that's what i am doing and have planed to do, if you have read this and have spotted any red flags or have any comments about it please let me know. i would greatly appreciate it,

...my goal is to reduce my overall body fat and develop a trimmed and masculine v shape to my upper body.. and seriously increase my arm, chest and shoulders.
    one of my major questions is would it be unwise to increase the numbers of days i workout, i know that i need to rest to allow muscle growth but i would like to get a lot stronger and bigger as fast as possible with out taking and other supplements like hormones cause those just seem to risky....thanks a million
    DAN
    Quit

ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: thanks for your views

Originally posted by NumeroCinco
    i really aprisheate your time, about my knee they make a a sound similar to when you crack your knuckles when i do squats and other leg exersise that require bending of the knees, but its just mainly durring squats
    Hmm, that doesn't sound good. You may want to check your form on the squats. Make sure you can still see the tips of your toes beyond your knees when you are all the way down.

Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000)
    hey shock master,

**** you
    ~460/~320/510 pr's

fun pr's
    deadlift 340 x 15
    squats 245 x 45

6' ~220

Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Its great that you are motivated enough to try and change the way you look. Because it will lead to other not so noticable changes in your life, such as your ability to concentrate, increased self esteem, etc. Cheers to you.

Although perhaps you may want to check on the spelling of appreciate, because that's just shocking, especially if you are 19. I mean i am all for phonetics, but dam!!

thanks everyone, yeah i know my spelling is horrible, but hey one thing at a time.