Thread: Posing Suit

Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Posing Suit

So today my posing suit came in the mail. I never thought that a small piece of cloth could be so intimidating. The realization of getting on stage is really starting to set in. I am excited and nervous at the same time.

Did any of you feel the same thing the first time you went through this?

And do you have any tips to help beat the nervousness about getting on stage?

I know I still have some time before my show, but I just dont want to fail because I get nervous and mess up.
    "I used to fight the pain, but recently this became clear to me: pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness."- Henry Rollins

My strength training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159468331

October 25th Meet Goals @ 165lbs:
    Squat - 455 Raw w/wraps
    Bench - 275
    Deadlift - 500

magrant44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) magrant44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) magrant44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) magrant44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) magrant44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) magrant44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) magrant44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) magrant44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) magrant44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) magrant44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) magrant44 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Justin.Martin View Post
    So today my posing suit came in the mail. I never thought that a small piece of cloth could be so intimidating. The realization of getting on stage is really starting to set in. I am excited and nervous at the same time.

I know I still have some time before my show, but I just dont want to fail because I get nervous and mess up.
    All I can say is that I was super nervous too and as soon as I stepped out of stage everything went away.
    Hard work and dedication will pay off. Pay your dues and respect the ones that know.

Prep Log:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125770973

Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Once you're backstage and you see that everyone is fake tanning up and wearing next to nothing while flexing your muscles you realize that you're just like everyone else and you kinda feel at home. Finally you're in a place where all the people share that rare common bond of competing. Also after the first few moments of being on stage you should be just fine. Again everyone in the audience is there to see exactly what you look like and they paid to do it. It's not the same feeling you would get if you were to wear that and then walk across your gym at 5pm haha.

What I'm trying to say is ... yes standing in your living room almost naked and white as a ghost does feel intimidating ... once you're at the show and surrounded by like mined people you'll feel right at home.

Good luck!
    My $0.02 is worth $0.03

Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've only competed once, and wasn't nervous until I was about to walk onstage. I had never been on a stage before, but after I walked up the stairs and into the bright lights, I realized that I couldn't see the audience, but I sure could hear the cheering! It was very exciting for the rest of the competition. Don't worry, it'll be an experience that you'll love.
    Everyone has a six pack. Most people just keep theirs covered.

bigsd67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigsd67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigsd67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigsd67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigsd67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigsd67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigsd67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigsd67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigsd67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigsd67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigsd67 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Agree with everyone else...I had the exact same reaction when I first got my trunks. As soon as I hit the stage and heard the cheers nervousness was gone and the feeling of accomplishment took over.

Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's normal, but you get over it REAL quick once on stage.
    Founder of the University of Wisconsin Bodybuilding Club

2011 Prep Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131369463

"Well, you either want this... or you don't" ~LN

Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks for all the feedback guys. I am hoping that all the posing classes that I am doing with Rich will help fight that nervousness as well.
    "I used to fight the pain, but recently this became clear to me: pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness."- Henry Rollins

My strength training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159468331

October 25th Meet Goals @ 165lbs:
    Squat - 455 Raw w/wraps
    Bench - 275
    Deadlift - 500

Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Nick Helm View Post
    I've only competed once, and wasn't nervous until I was about to walk onstage. I had never been on a stage before, but after I walked up the stairs and into the bright lights, I realized that I couldn't see the audience, but I sure could hear the cheering! It was very exciting for the rest of the competition. Don't worry, it'll be an experience that you'll love.
    This exactly. I competed the first time last year, I didn't have the size I wanted but it was my last year as a teen and I really wanted to get the experience. I was suprised to hear the cheers and even wolf whistles as soon as I stepped up on stage, I was like (lolwut), I didn't even place. But it was awesome fun and I can't wait to do it again, although this time, I plan on actually WINNING the show.

Goodluck with the rest of your prep!

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Justin.Martin View Post

Practice your posing in your trunks and take lots of pictures to make sure your hitting them correct. If you practice your turns and how to execute to perfection you will not be nervous when the time comes, you will be focusing on your routine. I have always been taught to start each pose from the ground up, get set and then flex and hold until the next pose is called. Smooth transitions also improve stage pressence.

The suit issue will be removed when your back stage with a bunch of people on the same thing, slapping on tanner and pumping up. You might not even notice all the half naked hot women walking around because your focused on the task at hand..(nah..you'll notice em)
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    After months of cutting (hopefully!) and weeks of posing practice, you will be rarin to get up on stage! Let the day of the show and your oh so short stage time be a huge reward for all your hard efforts! And have fun, cause you are doing something very few people are willing to pursue.