Closed Thread
    MissJuly will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissJuly will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissJuly will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissJuly will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissJuly will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissJuly will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissJuly will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissJuly will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissJuly will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissJuly will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissJuly will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Unhappy I'm So Bored at the Gym!

I'm in a rut. I get so bored at the gym. I don't have workout partners anymore and I'm really tired of my music. For some reason I'm just not into the actual workout like I used to be. And my gym is kind of crappy but I'm a student so the more expensive good gym isn't an option. I get out and hike or exercise outside about once a week, but I'd like to do more. Plus I'm pretty ok with the shape I'm in right now, which is demotivating. I just know my mood would be a lot better if I was working out regularly and that it's good for me...

I'm set to do a 5k in a couple months with some friends and I'm pretty competitive so I know that will get me working out. But I can train for that in a month, I don't feel motivated to start now.

Not really sure what I'm looking for in this post, I'm just trying to figure out a way to get myself working out more!

Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MissJuly View Post
    I'm in a rut. I get so bored at the gym. I don't have workout partners anymore and I'm really tired of my music. For some reason I'm just not into the actual workout like I used to be. And my gym is kind of crappy but I'm a student so the more expensive good gym isn't an option. I get out and hike or exercise outside about once a week, but I'd like to do more. Plus I'm pretty ok with the shape I'm in right now, which is demotivating. I just know my mood would be a lot better if I was working out regularly and that it's good for me...

I'm set to do a 5k in a couple months with some friends and I'm pretty competitive so I know that will get me working out. But I can train for that in a month, I don't feel motivated to start now.

Not really sure what I'm looking for in this post, I'm just trying to figure out a way to get myself working out more!
    Look for a better program more seriously. Add swimming. Set different goals, not for shape but performance. Set higher goals for that 5k. You seem to be comfortable being unhappy with your workout.
    First time order at iHerb.com? I got this discount code: EKE466. Will give you 10,- off on any order over 40$, 5 on any order under..
    http://www.iherb.com?rcode=EKE466

Blog! [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165643671&p=1324304881#post1324304881[/url]

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Plus I'm pretty ok with the shape I'm in right now, which is demotivating.
    why is it demotivating? stand still and smell the flowers.
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

MissJuly will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissJuly will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissJuly will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissJuly will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissJuly will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissJuly will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissJuly will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissJuly will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissJuly will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissJuly will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissJuly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    Because I am happy where I'm at I don't feel motivated to work out for the sake of appearance. I do appreciate it!

CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000)
    F*ck it. Don't workout.. LOL.. Some help that is..

I'm jk, of course

Change up your music..
    Change up your exercises..
    If physical appearance isn't enough motivation shoot for another goal that will take hard work regardless...

Just some thoughts

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Because I am happy where I'm at I don't feel motivated to work out for the sake of appearance.
    so this:

Originally Posted by Euqinom View Post
    Set different goals, not for shape but performance. Set higher goals for that 5k
    performance goals (you did say you're competitive), strength goals, etc. not all goals have to be about changing weight or appearance. also, change up your workouts. you can do that in the gym - different routine - or, you said you like to get outside, so do that more. plenty of outdoor activities you could do.

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Miranda View Post

That really IS great advice. And worded so pretty. I love smelling flowers...

Kirsty37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kirsty37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kirsty37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kirsty37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CHRIS925 View Post
    F*ck it. Don't workout.. LOL.. Some help that is..

I'm jk, of course

Change up your music..
    Change up your exercises..
    If physical appearance isn't enough motivation shoot for another goal that will take hard work regardless...

Just some thoughts
    maybe your first suggestion was right....why dont you take a break from the gym...you clearly dont want to be there so why go?? take cuple weeks off n then when your sat bored in your house you'll be wishing you were at the gym ..have you maybe sickend yourself off it?

jessica87m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jessica87m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jessica87m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jessica87m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jessica87m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jessica87m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jessica87m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jessica87m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jessica87m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jessica87m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jessica87m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Taking a week off or so probably wouldn't hurt, especially if you came back with some new routines and changed things up a bit after that.

MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    switch up your routine(dropsets, supersets, etc...), get a new workout partner, even just change the time you go so you see and meet new faces

VickyDelgada has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VickyDelgada has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VickyDelgada has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VickyDelgada has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VickyDelgada has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VickyDelgada has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VickyDelgada has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VickyDelgada has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VickyDelgada has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VickyDelgada has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why not train for a triathlon? Seems a 5k is too easy for you!

erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Because I am happy where I'm at I don't feel motivated to work out for the sake of appearance. I do appreciate it!
    This makes no sense. Do you think you will keep that appearance if you stop working out? And what about the motivation to be healthy? It may seem easy now to maintain the look you have, but trust me, it gets harder once you get just a little bit older.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=17995794

Originally Posted by erinlee01 View Post
    This makes no sense. Do you think you will keep that appearance if you stop working out? And what about the motivation to be healthy? It may seem easy now to maintain the look you have, but trust me, it gets harder once you get just a little bit older.
    Yes, because I haven't been working out but once or twice a week for months. I eat very healthily. I know it will get harder in a few years, but unfortunately that just doesn't seem to get me going.

I've tried to find a workout partner but my girl friends don't like to lift and my guy friends end up only going because they want to ask me out. So that doesn't work! Too bad because I loved having a guy for a workout partner in the past.

Vicky- I have NO desire to do a triathalon lol. Tooooo painful. I've been a medic at marathons and I never want to go through that pain myself. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I think the big problem is that I really don't like my gym (LA Fitness) and so I don't look forward to going. I'm moving soon and if my rent is much less I'm going to just go for an Equinox membership because I know they have a great setup.

Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Why pay for a more expensive gym when you have the great outdoors?

You said you like to go hiking, why not do that more often? You can maintain your doby shape and muscle by loading a backpack with water and some weights (use some hardcover books) and go for a hike.

If you like to run, go trail running. Go canoeing or take a mountaineering course and learn to climb mountains. Get a bike and go trail riding. I just came back from Alaska and i don't know if i will ever enter a gym again. No need to when you have the great outdoors at your fingertips.

If you still want to stick with the gym, instead of going for the expensive fancy gyms, why not find a cool hardcore gym in your area and train for powerlifting/strongman? I find that i get more motivated at those places and there are lots of gys that respect a girl who can move around a lot of weight. They may want to ask you out but it will be because you are cool and can lift.

FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was feeling this way. Bored of my workout even though (for me) I am trying to bust fat off...So I am doing the insanity program + weight training at the gym. No more boring elliptical, treadmill etc. for the next 2 months.

MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    why not say yes to one of the guy workout partners who asks you out. then you'll have a bf who goes to the same gym as you and can be your workout problem

drumchick34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drumchick34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drumchick34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drumchick34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drumchick34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drumchick34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drumchick34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drumchick34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drumchick34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drumchick34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drumchick34 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^^^ This! You are so lucky that you could get a guy to be your workout partner! People like me can only dream of something like that.... I think the idea of hiking is cool so you could go on a hiking trip with them!

I got some new music and that has really helped!! I got 2 good workouts in this week and I think I'm starting to enjoy going to the gym again.

Originally Posted by Linds33 View Post
    Why pay for a more expensive gym when you have the great outdoors?

You said you like to go hiking, why not do that more often? You can maintain your doby shape and muscle by loading a backpack with water and some weights (use some hardcover books) and go for a hike.
    Yeah I love that idea but I live in the middle of Los Angeles and it usually takes an hour to get to any decent outdoors places. Plus it's around 100 degrees outside these days. I do usually get in a hike or run stairs at the beach once a week, but sitting in traffic for 2 hours sucks.

Originally Posted by MsMightyMau5 View Post
    why not say yes to one of the guy workout partners who asks you out. then you'll have a bf who goes to the same gym as you and can be your workout problem
    Originally Posted by drumchick34 View Post
    ^^^ This! You are so lucky that you could get a guy to be your workout partner! People like me can only dream of something like that.... I think the idea of hiking is cool so you could go on a hiking trip with them!
    Because I don't want to date them. I told one (who is a PT actually!) that I was dating someone else (I am) and he was cool with that and we got in a great beach workout last week. I actually kind of kicked his butt It was great but it's seriously awkwardsauce knowing he's asked me out once before. I want to be thinking about my work out when I'm working out, not be distracted.

Thanks for all the suggestions people! I know I'm shooting most of them down but it's because I've already thought about them. A lot of my friends don't work out much so coming here motivates me a lot because I see all these people who do.

Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I got some new music and that has really helped!! I got 2 good workouts in this week and I think I'm starting to enjoy going to the gym again.

Yeah I love that idea but I live in the middle of Los Angeles and it usually takes an hour to get to any decent outdoors places. Plus it's around 100 degrees outside these days. I do usually get in a hike or run stairs at the beach once a week, but sitting in traffic for 2 hours sucks.

Because I don't want to date them. I told one (who is a PT actually!) that I was dating someone else (I am) and he was cool with that and we got in a great beach workout last week. I actually kind of kicked his butt It was great but it's seriously awkwardsauce knowing he's asked me out once before. I want to be thinking about my work out when I'm working out, not be distracted.

Thanks for all the suggestions people! I know I'm shooting most of them down but it's because I've already thought about them. A lot of my friends don't work out much so coming here motivates me a lot because I see all these people who do.

This is going to sound funny as it is the opposite of what you were saying you wanted to do, but have you thought about going to a hardcore gym? A no frills bodybuilder/strongman gym? I seriously have so much fun when i workout there and i have met a ton of guys there that know me and workout with me but see me as one of the guys (which is good!).

I totally understand your problems with finding places to hike. I live in Dallas/Ft.Worth and it is pretty much the same here: To go somewhere to have a good hike I need to hop in my car and drive through traffic, then i often have to pay to get into a state park or nature center. I will often save my hikes for the weekend when i can make a day out of it.

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Powerlifting/strongwoman, and/or Crossfit.

Get on it. You won't be bored again.
    ^_^

Hatfieldro is on a distinguished road. (+10)

If you are getting bored of just doing normal workouts then try to set a goal for yourself. not something specific yet but in my opinion (and a lot of gym rats opinions) becoming stronger in my bench squat and deadlift makes everything more fun. The way to do this is progressive overload. whether you are a girl or boy, lifting heavy always feels fun and satisfying no matter what. Hitting a new max PR is the best feeling and shows that you are making some progress. Going to the gym everyday in hopes to get stronger so i can increase the amount of weight i lift in my core lifts is what makes me enjoy the gym. Whenever i stop training for the purpose of getting stronger and take my eyes off the prize i tend to fall out of my love for working out and wanna not go. But really, you should try it out it is fun especially if you get a friend or two to go with you and hype each other out at the gym.

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Hatfieldro View Post
    If you are getting bored of just doing normal workouts then try to set a goal for yourself. not something specific yet but in my opinion (and a lot of gym rats opinions) becoming stronger in my bench squat and deadlift makes everything more fun. The way to do this is progressive overload. whether you are a girl or boy, lifting heavy always feels fun and satisfying no matter what. Hitting a new max PR is the best feeling and shows that you are making some progress. Going to the gym everyday in hopes to get stronger so i can increase the amount of weight i lift in my core lifts is what makes me enjoy the gym. Whenever i stop training for the purpose of getting stronger and take my eyes off the prize i tend to fall out of my love for working out and wanna not go. But really, you should try it out it is fun especially if you get a friend or two to go with you and hype each other out at the gym.
    Nice job bumping a 7+ year old post! She's probably retired by now...
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."