Kennyformula has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kennyformula has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Did All-Pro now looking for Intermediate Split Routine: No access to free weights

I have a workout area at my apartment complex and I'm close to a gym that has basic equipment. Both have the dreaded Smith machine and no free weights except for dumbells up to 60 lbs. I had been doing All-Pro's workout. I'm 33, 5'10", 172 lbs and lean. Obvioulsy I'd love to put on some size but not at the expense of a 6 pack etc. I realize thats tough given my resources. All-Pro was 3x a week but I no longer have access to free weights. I'm now looking to do something 5 or 6x a week, a more advanced split. On free weights my 1RM fllat bench is ~ 250 and my squat is ~ 350. I've searched long and hard and can't find a split that utilizes machines. I do realize the Smith is frowned upon but I don't have a choice right now.

A) Any suggestions on an intermediate split routing that utilizes machines?

B) To avoid the Smith I do a lot of dumbell work (flat bench etc). Should I continue to use the dumbells whenever possible, (overhead press, fat bench, incline, shrugs etc) or am I obsessing and just use the Smith?

Advice always appreciated!

joefortin25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joefortin25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joefortin25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joefortin25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joefortin25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joefortin25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joefortin25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joefortin25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joefortin25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joefortin25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joefortin25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    CAn you just join a gym that is not a free part of your apartment complex??? I would go that direction rather than try to find options to what you are currently doing.

musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I would suggest going on craigslist and buying some proper equipment. I found a bench, bar, squat rack, and 300lbs worth of weight for under $200. You could keep them in your dining room area, or a corner of your living room, or spare bedroom, or corner of actual bedroom, store plates under couch, patio, etc...

If you like the way AllPro organizes his routines, he has several intermediate with different splits (I believe workout 2 has a 4 day split):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=135025731