rfnel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Iron Gym Workout Routine

Hi Guys

Not too long ago, I purchased an Iron Gym pull up bar with the intention of getting my upper body to look good. I know next to nothing about bodybuilding, and I thought that I could start by doing 3 sets of each exercise a number of times (pull-ups, sit-ups, push-ups, dips, and the ab strap thing), upping the amount of reps with each day, and taking a break after two days of exercise. I started by doing 3 sets of each exercise, with 6 reps in each set. I'm up to 14 reps in a set now, and it feels like I'm killing myself. I can see some results, but not as much as I'd like.

Could someone please recommend a decent workout routine for a beginner like me, using a pull up bar? Thanks a lot.

Regards,
    RF Nel

Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by rfnel View Post
    Hi Guys

Not too long ago, I purchased an Iron Gym pull up bar with the intention of getting my upper body to look good. I know next to nothing about bodybuilding, and I thought that I could start by doing 3 sets of each exercise a number of times (pull-ups, sit-ups, push-ups, dips, and the ab strap thing), upping the amount of reps with each day, and taking a break after two days of exercise. I started by doing 3 sets of each exercise, with 6 reps in each set. I'm up to 14 reps in a set now, and it feels like I'm killing myself. I can see some results, but not as much as I'd like.

Could someone please recommend a decent workout routine for a beginner like me, using a pull up bar? Thanks a lot.

Regards,
    RF Nel
    You're not going to get big results doing body weight exercises unless you train like a gymnast.

You'll need to pick up a barbell if you want to see any decent strength and mass gains.

Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Rest for longer in between your sets. Start doing more cardio to decrease the feeling of "killing yourself". You can build strength just fine with a pull up bar, one your able too do so start doing all your exercises with one arm instead of two. The following routine works well for a body weight workout.

One-legged Squat 5x5
    One-arm Push-up 5x5
    One-arm chin-up 5x5
    Crunch 3x20

rfnel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.