Blue Star Nutraceuticals Gym God's Avatar
    Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

THE TRUTH ABOUT CREATiNE - 9 MYTHS EXPOSED

With over hundreds of clinical studies, Creatine is truly the poster child for the supplement industry. Bottom line, Creatine skyrockets your Strength, Power, Lean Muscle Gains, and Endurance, SAFELY, NATURALLY, and EFFECTIVELY. If you REALLY want those major gains from the gym, the type of hard, lean muscle that literally turns heads, then you NEED to be on the stuff. It literally is the KING of all Non-Hormonal Muscle Building Supplements. In a clinical trial, researchers gave Creatine to a group of football players for 9 weeks. During this time, these freshmen athletes were weight training 4 times a week. At the end of the 9 weeks, the creatine group gained an average of 8 pounds of solid, lean mass. Yeah that‘s right, average.

It’s common for Creatine users to experience up to a 10 pound gain of Lean Mass on their first cycle! Whether you’re a bodybuilder, athlete of any sport, or just looking to add some hard muscle for hitting the bar or the beach, you can reap the benefits of Creatine. BUT WAIT! Before you start your first cycle of Creatine, you need to KNOW SOMETHING - the facts.

Without getting into boring scientific jargon…

Supplementing with Creatine SUPER saturates your muscles with creatine, which provides a boost in strength and muscle mass by quickly replenishing your “ATP," the major energy source you use when you’re lifting weights and doing high intensity workouts.

Not to mention, everywhere Creatine goes, so does water, and that means it hyper hydrates your muscles, delivering you CRAZY muscle pumps and an immediate increases in strength and overall muscle volume!

So you’ve got a two prong approach for performance. It works to help you lift heavier weights, for more repetitions, and it gives you that “3D” full muscle look.

Your arms will look bigger and more pumped.

Your shoulders will look more capped, and your chest will look FULL.

MYTH #1
    HIGH GLYCEMIC SUGARS (IE. DEXTROSE) MUST BE TAKEN

The basic form of Creatine was discovered many years ago and ever since the industry has been trying to make it better. Early research showed combining Creatine with insulin spiking glucose (dextrose/sugar), usually 75-90g, would make it absorb better.

The Bottom Line: Although adding high glycemic sugars does help improve the absorption of Creatine, this is generally only for NON responders. For everyone else, it’s simply not needed and probably detrimental to your diet.

MYTH #2
    CAFFEINE KILLS CREATINE'S EFFECTS

A lot of “Bro-Science” on the internet, claiming you can NOT take Creatine with caffeine. While one study many years ago suggested that caffeine hurt the results of Creatine, no follow-up studies could replicate the fact. A similar follow-up study investigated an alternative strategy to optimize the independent effects of Creatine and caffeine.

Subjects abstained from caffeine during the loading period for 6 days. Then they ingested a single dose of caffeine prior to exercise. They proved that acute ingestion of caffeine has ergogenic effects on short-term, high-intensity exercise regardless of whether Creatine supplementation precedes the caffeine ingestion or not.

The Bottom Line: A non-issue. You can use supplements containing caffeine like P.P.K.™ and still obtain the benefits of Creatine supplementation Lean Muscle, Strength, and Power!

MYTH #3
    CREATINE HARMS YOUR KIDNEYS

Not true. Adverse effects have been released through the press, media and internet forums, and well, even your “family doctor.” Despite several unproven allegations on the health of the kidney & liver, they're all B.S. There are just NO studies to support any of these claims in healthy subjects supplementing with Creatine monohydrate, even when taken during several months in young and older populations alike.

Not to mention, many researchers believe there are other health benefits to Creatine, such as helping with MS, and aiding with various diseases of the brain.

The Bottom Line: I would like to say nonexistent risks, but it’s better to say minimal to be fair and “legally” appropriate. There are LONG term studies – 100’s of them and millions and millions of users, you do the math!

MYTH #4
    CREATINE CAUSES MUSCLE CRAMPING

When athletes who were using Creatine got a cramp they assumed it was the Creatine. Even though they usually experience exercise induced cramps.

These anecdotal reports and gastrointestinal complaints during supplementation, although very limited, can not be linked to Creatine.

These FALSE reports get propagated by individuals who are not educated in the true science behind Creatine.

The Bottom Line: Creatine can actually REDUCE cramping. Also, as it improves thermoregulation, meaning Creatine can actually aid in the body’s hydration process.

MYTH #5
    CREATINE IS A DANGEROUS STEROID

Creatine is not a steroid and don’t let anybody tell you that it is. Creatine does not have a steroidal structure and does not have any of the side effects associated with any pro hormone or anabolic steroid.

The Bottom Line: NO, Creatine is not a steroid. Although you will see significant gains in lean size and strength.

MYTH #6
    YOU MUST CYCLE ON AND OFF CREATINE

A very common question with a very simple answer, NO! You do not need to cycle. There is no particular reason why you need to. When you stop Creatine, regardless of how long you are on it, your body will continue to make it at a normal physiological level.

The Bottom Line: The “Wash-Out” period for creatine is 30 days. So if for some reason you do choose to cycle it, you must stay off of it for a minimum of 30 days. Using it for 1 week on, 1 week off is pointless.

MYTH #7
    YOU MUST TIME YOUR CREATINE DOSE

There has been so much discussion on when you should take Creatine - pre, post, morning, night? The plain and simple answer is that it does not matter!

Creatine works by gradually building up in your body. It is an ACCUMULATIVE effect, not ACUTE like with caffeine. It should be taken every day to get and keep your muscle reserves as high as possible.

The Bottom Line: It doesn’t matter when you take Creatine, as long as you take it every day.

MYTH #8
    YOU MUST LOAD CREATINE FOR MAXIMUM RESULTS

The classical, yet deceiving “Creatine Loading” regimen was created for one reason, to make you use and BUY more Creatine. Marketing claimed you needed to “load” Creatine to raise your levels in your tissue above baseline to really saturate your muscles. It consisted for an initial phase of up to 25g per day for up to a week, followed by a lower maintenance dose of 5g a day.

This is simply NOT necessary. By taking just a dose of 5g a day your muscles will end up just as saturated in nearly the same amount of time.

The Bottom Line: Although “loading” will get you there a bit quicker, it’s going to cost you more, and most users end up experiencing digestive issues from the abnormal amount of Creatine.

MYTH #9
    YOU'LL LOSE ALL YOUR GAINS ONCE YOU COME OFF

I’m not sure if this myth was created by supplement companies to keep you ON Creatine and HOOKED, or if it is because guys who take steroids lose their gains when they cease their use.

Fact is, you already know your body will continue to produce Creatine when you stop. While you were on Creatine, you would have been making skeletal muscle and strength gains, an adaptive response if you are training correctly! As long as you continue training and eating properly, you’ll keep the core gains you made. You might drop a bit of water, but what you really want, the lean muscle and strength gains should stay!

The Bottom Line: You shouldn’t lose your gains when you come off, and well, you don’t even have to come off if you don’t want to!

Now that you know the truth about creatine and you're ready to pack on muscle, pick yours up today!

Team Blue Star Nutraceuticals™.

References:

1. Kreider. 2003. Mol and Cellular Biochemistry. 244:89-92
    2. Maughan. 1995. Int J Sport Nutr. 5(2):94-101.
    3. Harris et al. 1992. Clin Sci. 83: 367-374
    4. Greehnaff et al.1993. Clin Sci 84; 564-571
    5. Juhn and Tarnopolsky. 1998. Clin J Sports Med. 8:286-287
    6. Terjung et al. 2000. Med Sci Sports Sci. 32:706-717
    7. Vandenberge et al. 1996. J Apply Physiol 80: 452-457
    8. Vandenberge et al. 1997. J Apply Physiol. 83: 2055-2063
    9. Vandebuerie et al. 1998. Int J Sports Med. 19: 490-495
    10. Kreider et al. 1998. Med Sci Sports Sci. 30: 73-82
    11. Conway et al. 2003. J Appl Physiol 94:1557-1562
    12. Hoffman et al. 2005. J of Strength and Cond Res. 19(2):260-264
    13. Willoughby DA & Rosene J. (2001). Med Sci Sports Sci. 33(10): 1674-1681.
    14. Robinson et al. 1999. J Appl Physiol. 87: 598-604
    15. Pearson et al. 1999. J Strength Cond. Res. 13:187-192.
    16. Jager et al. 2008. JISSN. Pg 1-2
    17. Taylor et al. 2011. J Sport Sci Med. 10:254-260
    18. Deldicque et al. 2008. Eur J Appl Physiol. 102(2):133-143
    19. Jager et al. 2011. Amino Acids. 40:1369-1383
    20. Child & Tallon. 2007. ISSN 4th Meeting Juen 12, 2007
    21. Melloni et al. 1979. Arzneimittelforschung.
    29 (9A):1477-1479
    22. Nicaise. 1975. Curr Ther res Clin Exp. 17(6).531-534
    23. Doherty et al. 2002. Med Sci Sports Exerc.
    34 (11)1785-1792
    24. Giese & Lecher. 2009. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 388(2): 252-255
    25. Spillane et al. 2009. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 6:6
    26. Dash AK & Sawhney A.(2002) 29:939-945
    27. Kim et al. 2011. Amino Acids. 40:1409-1418
    28. Buford et al. 2007. JISSN. 4:6
    29. Kreider et al. 2010. JISSN 7:7
    Chris Belanger | Vice President, Sales
    www.bluestarnutraceuticals.com
    chris@bluestarnutraceuticals.com

Stay Connected with Exclusive Content & Special Offers:
    ********: bluestarnutraceuticals
    Instagram: @bluestarnutraceuticals
    YouTube: bluestarnutraceuticals

sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandyr9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is really good information!

JoeyKH84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeyKH84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeyKH84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeyKH84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeyKH84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeyKH84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeyKH84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeyKH84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeyKH84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeyKH84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeyKH84 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    awesome info, makes me that much more of a believer in creatine
    "What we do in life, echoes in eternity." -Maximus Decimus Meridius

Antaxious is just really nice. (+1000) Antaxious is just really nice. (+1000) Antaxious is just really nice. (+1000) Antaxious is just really nice. (+1000) Antaxious is just really nice. (+1000) Antaxious is just really nice. (+1000) Antaxious is just really nice. (+1000) Antaxious is just really nice. (+1000) Antaxious is just really nice. (+1000) Antaxious is just really nice. (+1000) Antaxious is just really nice. (+1000)
    Another myth i heard is that it increases your blood pressure, wich apparently isnt true. Nice thread !

Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Marly21 is just really nice. (+1000) Marly21 is just really nice. (+1000) Marly21 is just really nice. (+1000) Marly21 is just really nice. (+1000) Marly21 is just really nice. (+1000) Marly21 is just really nice. (+1000) Marly21 is just really nice. (+1000) Marly21 is just really nice. (+1000) Marly21 is just really nice. (+1000) Marly21 is just really nice. (+1000) Marly21 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nice thread, would give you my poverty reps but on spread
    *Arsenal FC Crew*
    *I'm from Northern Ireland not Ireland Crew*
    *Misc makes me laugh at work, people look at me weird crew*

My fierce 5 log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164600671

Fat to Fit Thread - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164664681&p=1304031191#post1304031191

Will squat for cookies. HealthNut12's Avatar
    HealthNut12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HealthNut12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HealthNut12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HealthNut12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HealthNut12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HealthNut12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HealthNut12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HealthNut12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HealthNut12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HealthNut12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HealthNut12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This is a great article. In your research have there been any studies done on indivuals who have had kidney disease? I had to take lithuim and it damaged my kidneys. One almost completely stopped functioning, the other less than 50%. I went off lithuim years ago and now both my kindeys have mostly recovered. Both function slightly less than 100%.

I can't find many studies and I have looked on creatine and prior kidney disease. If I could find some more information I may ask my kidney doctor about. Speaking of which, since my kidneys have mostly recovered I don't see him on a regular basis, just as needed (like if my blood work showed high creatine).

Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by HealthNut12 View Post
    This is a great article. In your research have there been any studies done on indivuals who have had kidney disease? I had to take lithuim and it damaged my kidneys. One almost completely stopped functioning, the other less than 50%. I went off lithuim years ago and now both my kindeys have mostly recovered. Both function slightly less than 100%.

I can't find many studies and I have looked on creatine and prior kidney disease. If I could find some more information I may ask my kidney doctor about. Speaking of which, since my kidneys have mostly recovered I don't see him on a regular basis, just as needed (like if my blood work showed high creatine).
    Thanks for stopping by.

I can't think of any at the top of my head, but I would always recommend strict caution with higher protein, amino acids, including creatine for one with prior kidney damage or disease even when 100% recovered.

110%, something you would need to discuss with your physician.

Should I happen to come across a study, I'll gladly post it.

Will squat for cookies. HealthNut12's Avatar
    HealthNut12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HealthNut12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HealthNut12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HealthNut12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HealthNut12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HealthNut12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HealthNut12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HealthNut12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HealthNut12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HealthNut12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HealthNut12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thank you for the reply. I've looked myself but haven't found many studies either. I'm going to keep looking.

I do take bcaa's and I did run it by my kidney doctor and he said it was ok. I'm limited in the supplements I feel comfortable taking between the kidney disease and my bipolar. However, again, your article was very informative. Thank you again.

STElric is just really nice. (+1000) STElric is just really nice. (+1000) STElric is just really nice. (+1000) STElric is just really nice. (+1000) STElric is just really nice. (+1000) STElric is just really nice. (+1000) STElric is just really nice. (+1000) STElric is just really nice. (+1000) STElric is just really nice. (+1000) STElric is just really nice. (+1000) STElric is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks for the info!

I also guess, everything in moderation

selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good stuff...Thanks for sharing...reps.
    While liftin duh weights I yell out..."You sexy beast"...."Squeeze metal for papa".

zagaboi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zagaboi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zagaboi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zagaboi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zagaboi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zagaboi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zagaboi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zagaboi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zagaboi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zagaboi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zagaboi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Awesome stuff GymGod. This would save newbies a lot of research time. Creatine is one of my favorite supps and I am loving the fact that BlueStar is helping people get educated. Knowing before taking something would benefit in the long run.

Arogant is just really nice. (+1000) Arogant is just really nice. (+1000) Arogant is just really nice. (+1000) Arogant is just really nice. (+1000) Arogant is just really nice. (+1000) Arogant is just really nice. (+1000) Arogant is just really nice. (+1000) Arogant is just really nice. (+1000) Arogant is just really nice. (+1000) Arogant is just really nice. (+1000) Arogant is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good read
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151900493
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155687453
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158712003&p=1173461123#post1173461123
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153605241
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152898281
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151954013
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151395423
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150428813

Hokage984 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hokage984 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hokage984 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hokage984 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hokage984 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hokage984 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hokage984 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hokage984 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hokage984 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hokage984 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hokage984 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well, this is a good reminder. I had some and forgot to take it.

TelP is just really nice. (+1000) TelP is just really nice. (+1000) TelP is just really nice. (+1000) TelP is just really nice. (+1000) TelP is just really nice. (+1000) TelP is just really nice. (+1000) TelP is just really nice. (+1000) TelP is just really nice. (+1000) TelP is just really nice. (+1000) TelP is just really nice. (+1000) TelP is just really nice. (+1000)
    How stable is it in water, I mean if I make a shake the night before how much potency would it lose overnight?
    Want to know who loves you more, your wife or your dog? Lock them both in the trunk of your car, open it after an hour and see who is happiest to see you.

derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    awesome article, very informative and gets the point out there so anyone could understand. I agree that creatine is the poster child, I remember back in the day there were these creatine gummy like candies that were red. I forget the name/brand but my dad had boxes of them I used to love those things lol because back then creatine powder just tasted horrible lol had to be tough to drink that stuff haha or at least that's what I thought.
    Never give up

Fight for what YOU believe in

Push past the threshold

Pain is only temporary, but glory last a lifetime

Instagram: @dp_808

TelP is just really nice. (+1000) TelP is just really nice. (+1000) TelP is just really nice. (+1000) TelP is just really nice. (+1000) TelP is just really nice. (+1000) TelP is just really nice. (+1000) TelP is just really nice. (+1000) TelP is just really nice. (+1000) TelP is just really nice. (+1000) TelP is just really nice. (+1000) TelP is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by derickp38 View Post
    awesome article, very informative and gets the point out there so anyone could understand. I agree that creatine is the poster child, I remember back in the day there were these creatine gummy like candies that were red. I forget the name/brand but my dad had boxes of them I used to love those things lol because back then creatine powder just tasted horrible lol had to be tough to drink that stuff haha or at least that's what I thought.
    All bodybuilding stuff tasted terrible until the late nineties, that's why no one from then minds raw eggs, they were tastier than the shakes.
    Want to know who loves you more, your wife or your dog? Lock them both in the trunk of your car, open it after an hour and see who is happiest to see you.

GPSGPS is on a distinguished road. (+10) GPSGPS is on a distinguished road. (+10) GPSGPS is on a distinguished road. (+10) GPSGPS is on a distinguished road. (+10) GPSGPS is on a distinguished road. (+10) GPSGPS is on a distinguished road. (+10) GPSGPS is on a distinguished road. (+10) GPSGPS is on a distinguished road. (+10) GPSGPS is on a distinguished road. (+10) GPSGPS is on a distinguished road. (+10) GPSGPS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am new to the supplement game (aside from protein powders) and I have recently been interested in creatine. There seems to be a few competing statements out there and I appreciate the information you have complied. The majority of information I have found seems to be in line with the facts you state. I am particularly intrigued by the cycling one as one source said a 1 week cycle is fine, but I do not see why, if I were taking creatine myself, that I would stop taking it for a week randomly.

One thing I would like to see though, are superscripts of the reference number at the end of various statements/facts that you have compiled.

If I was playing devil's advocate, all I see is a bunch of information that is summarized, and then a list of references that were used. It would be near impossible for a reader if they wanted to verify the statements as they would need to go through each and every reference just for one statement.

Originally Posted by GPSGPS View Post
    I am new to the supplement game (aside from protein powders) and I have recently been interested in creatine. There seems to be a few competing statements out there and I appreciate the information you have complied. The majority of information I have found seems to be in line with the facts you state. I am particularly intrigued by the cycling one as one source said a 1 week cycle is fine, but I do not see why, if I were taking creatine myself, that I would stop taking it for a week randomly.

One thing I would like to see though, are superscripts of the reference number at the end of various statements/facts that you have compiled.

If I was playing devil's advocate, all I see is a bunch of information that is summarized, and then a list of references that were used. It would be near impossible for a reader if they wanted to verify the statements as they would need to go through each and every reference just for one statement.
    Thank you for your feedback and one is welcome to cycle off creatine for a week.... 2 weeks.... even a month - but don't have to.
    Last edited by Gym God; 11-04-2014 at 05:43 AM.

What's with the negs neXen? You got something against raw eggs?
    weirdo!

Originally Posted by TelP View Post
    How stable is it in water, I mean if I make a shake the night before how much potency would it lose overnight?
    It's been documented that it takes a few days to occur, hence why creatine serum is not as effective as 100% creatine monohydrate. Based on the findings, making a shake the night before is not going to cause much harm if any.

IMO I prefer to just have my creatine by itself for the majority of the time.

Originally Posted by Gym God View Post
    It's been documented that it takes a few days to occur, hence why creatine serum is not as effective as 100% creatine monohydrate. Based on the findings, making a shake the night before is not going to cause much harm if any.

IMO I prefer to just have my creatine by itself for the majority of the time.
    Ok cheers mate, I just pre mix to save time as i work early, now I know it's stable I'll get back on it. When you have yours by itself do you just put it in a glass of water? How much you take? Thanks

Originally Posted by TelP View Post
    Ok cheers mate, I just pre mix to save time as i work early, now I know it's stable I'll get back on it. When you have yours by itself do you just put it in a glass of water? How much you take? Thanks
    I'll take a scoop - approximately 5 g , and toss it back. Chasing it with water.

MNjay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MNjay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MNjay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MNjay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MNjay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MNjay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MNjay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MNjay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MNjay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MNjay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MNjay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Very nicely written article. easy to read and the information was presented in a very accessible way. thanks,

NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NEBinAK has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good stuff gg, haven't supplemented with creatine in a while, it makes me want to now

Brb gains through the roof

Really though, there is a lot of great information in this and you posted sources which is a huge plus.
    ___----Xtend Representative----___

anonymous

Originally Posted by MNjay View Post
    Very nicely written article. easy to read and the information was presented in a very accessible way. thanks,
    Thank you for reading.

Originally Posted by NEBinAK View Post
    Good stuff gg, haven't supplemented with creatine in a while, it makes me want to now

Brb gains through the roof

Really though, there is a lot of great information in this and you posted sources which is a huge plus.
    I understand that people like to take time off with supplements, as do I. But just needed to set the record straight.

Originally Posted by Mrlooker View Post
    Never even thought about this. I usually throw it in with daily shake of whey + milk. Will try throwing it in mouth and chasing with water tomorrow.
    I like to simplify things.

artolaano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is this great thruth?

Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by artolaano View Post
    Is this great thruth?
    Mostly yes, wtih 2 things i'd like to add:

1: Not everyone will see benefit from creatine suplementation. If you eat enough red meat (beef, veal, pork, horse, etc), some type of fish, and a few other protein sources, and do not overly cook them, supplementing with creatine won't do anything because you have enough in your diet to saturate your muscles. Some peoples also naturally make more of the stuff then others, and don't need as much dietary creatine as others. Actually, most non-vegetarian peoples would get enough creatine from taking 2 grams a day. it is however incredibly cheap and taking more then needed will in no way harm you.

2: The statement on mass gain is a bit unclear. Creatine will get you on average a 3-5 lbs mass increase in the first 4-5 weeks, slightly more for bigger guys, but all of it is intramuscular water weight. Creatine has no effect on muscular hypertrophy other then allowing a slightly higher workload. It has no anabolic propriety per say. So if you manage to pack on 5 new pounds of muscle fiber in your training year, creatine will have helped slightly, as it provided you with a few more reps on every exercises of every training day, but the proportion of muscles attribuables to these extra reps is kinda small and probably less then 1/4th of a pound on those 5 pounds. But still, it is infinately better then not taking any and having it account for 0/4th of a pound

It's also proven to help with concentration and memory, but that's beside the current point.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Chrislonde View Post
    Mostly yes, wtih 2 things i'd like to add:

1: Not everyone will see benefit from creatine suplementation. If you eat enough red meat (beef, veal, pork, horse, etc), some type of fish, and a few other protein sources, and do not overly cook them, supplementing with creatine won't do anything because you have enough in your diet to saturate your muscles. Some peoples also naturally make more of the stuff then others, and don't need as much dietary creatine as others. Actually, most non-vegetarian peoples would get enough creatine from taking 2 grams a day. it is however incredibly cheap and taking more then needed will in no way harm you.

2: The statement on mass gain is a bit unclear. Creatine will get you on average a 3-5 lbs mass increase in the first 4-5 weeks, slightly more for bigger guys, but all of it is intramuscular water weight. Creatine has no effect on muscular hypertrophy other then allowing a slightly higher workload. It has no anabolic propriety per say. So if you manage to pack on 5 new pounds of muscle fiber in your training year, creatine will have helped slightly, as it provided you with a few more reps on every exercises of every training day, but the proportion of muscles attribuables to these extra reps is kinda small and probably less then 1/4th of a pound on those 5 pounds. But still, it is infinately better then not taking any and having it account for 0/4th of a pound

It's also proven to help with concentration and memory, but that's beside the current point.
    Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts, Chris.