uknow303 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknow303 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknow303 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknow303 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknow303 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknow303 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknow303 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknow303 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknow303 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknow303 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknow303 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

whey isolate vs hydrolyzed

Ok, first of all I wasn't paying attention and ran out of protein. So in a pinch I had to run to GNC to get enough to get me through until I place another order. So I walk in GNC and this skinny kid, about 6'2" 170 pounds basically jumps all over me asking me what I'm looking for. I told him that I normally use optimum 100% whey and immediately hes trying to sell me the GNC brand $60 alternative. Claiming that their GNC brand is made by optimum anyway, and that it has, "all these aminos" already it in.

here a link

http://www.********/product/index.jsp?productId=3509954

he claims that on avg. i can only actually absorb 30% of regular whey protein and that the kind I use takes almost 2 hours to absorb, and so on. I finally blew him off and grabbed the 100% whey like I always use and checked out. Then he told me at least get the hydro whey, which was right under 2lbs. for the same $60 price tag.

My question is this. I just finished reading an article on whey protein, can't find it now of course, that said whey is whey. Hydro, isolate, etc doesn't make it any more efficient and that all this stuff is basically marketing propaganda from supp companys to make there product sound like the latest and greatest. How do you guys feel about this??

btw, I ended up with the 100% whey 2lb for right under $30.

Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hydrolyzed whey is supposedly better and twice as fast digesting. I personally don't know, and I like to trust Optimum sense their just such a high quality company. I don't think it matters highly. You get more bang for your buck with isolate though.

ericool007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ericool007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ericool007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ericool007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ericool007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ericool007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ericool007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ericool007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ericool007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ericool007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ericool007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i remember reading somewhere that pure hydrolyzed or hydrolysate protein is the only whey protein that can enter the bloodstream fast enough after a workout to make any difference. but idk how true that is i still use isolate it's cheaper.

shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Maxwell1995 View Post
    Hydrolyzed whey is supposedly better and twice as fast digesting. I personally don't know, and I like to trust Optimum sense their just such a high quality company. I don't think it matters highly. You get more bang for your buck with isolate though.
    Originally Posted by ericool007 View Post
    i remember reading somewhere that pure hydrolyzed or hydrolysate protein is the only whey protein that can enter the bloodstream fast enough after a workout to make any difference. but idk how true that is i still use isolate it's cheaper.

Lol, the broscience is strong in this thread.

OP, you are not going to notice any difference in your gains between whey concentrate, whey isolate or hydro whey. Listening to a GNC employee is a good way to throw money down a toilet in most cases. Their primary goal is often to make themselves money by selling products they get paid extra to sell.

No matter which protein you buy you will do just fine, heck you don't even need protein powder. Eating real food is fine too after a workout, protein shakes are just more convenient for most people.

Just pick a protein which fits your macros, your budget and your taste buds. ON is a quality protein but you could likely get it far cheaper online then going to a local retail store.
    Latest Reviews:

My huge list of informative links: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132306613

Xtreme Formulations UP2 Multi-Flavor Review!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129562583

so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by shadar View Post

OP, you are not going to notice any difference in your gains between whey concentrate, whey isolate or hydro whey. Listening to a GNC employee is a good way to throw money down a toilet in most cases. Their primary goal is often to make themselves money by selling products they get paid extra to sell.

No matter which protein you buy you will do just fine, heck you don't even need protein powder. Eating real food is fine too after a workout, protein shakes are just more convenient for most people.

Just pick a protein which fits your macros, your budget and your taste buds. ON is a quality protein but you could likely get it far cheaper online then going to a local retail store.
    This. And may I add a whey concentrate will be just fine, if you don't have stomach issues.

Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm going to get a doctorate in broscience.

so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Maxwell1995 View Post
    I'm going to get a doctorate in broscience.
    More power to you.

uknow303 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknow303 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknow303 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknow303 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknow303 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknow303 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknow303 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknow303 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknow303 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknow303 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uknow303 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

This is the first time, since debit cards have become widely used that I've purchased anything from GNC or any local supp store, but like I said, I was out. I know there are some kickbacks he gets for selling their products. I just really didn't have any science based info to throw back at this guy as he was nagging me. So in all fairness, I thought I would give him the benefit of the doubt and ask if anybody here knows something I don't. I do just fine with whey isolate or any whey for that matter, but if I can do something better I'm all for it.

Originally Posted by uknow303 View Post
    This is the first time, since debit cards have become widely used that I've purchased anything from GNC or any local supp store, but like I said, I was out. I know there are some kickbacks he gets for selling their products. I just really didn't have any science based info to throw back at this guy as he was nagging me. So in all fairness, I thought I would give him the benefit of the doubt and ask if anybody here knows something I don't. I do just fine with whey isolate or any whey for that matter, but if I can do something better I'm all for it.
    You Know you can use your debit car here on bb.com. for protien, I would suggest Xtreme Formulations, Gsapari, and ON (Optimum Nutrition)
    Last edited by so-tex; 07-01-2010 at 11:34 PM.

musclerat14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) musclerat14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) musclerat14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) musclerat14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) musclerat14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) musclerat14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) musclerat14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) musclerat14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) musclerat14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) musclerat14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) musclerat14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up hydrolyzed

Originally Posted by uknow303 View Post
    the hydrolyzed whey has extra enzymes added in to help you digest it out so u dont just **** out the protien and waste the money. and isolates dont give u as many fats and as much cholesteral to sum it up isolate gives u the basic good with out alot of the bad. im taking an isolate hydrolyzed mix from gnc called wheybolic extreme 60 and tbh i really like it for one it mixes well and doesnt have that eggy flavor. and added in with my preworkout i can tell a big difference inbetween this and the walmart brand whey concentrate

Hellcentrics Apprentice chrisbartley's Avatar
    chrisbartley is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisbartley is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisbartley is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisbartley is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisbartley is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisbartley is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisbartley is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisbartley is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisbartley is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisbartley is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisbartley is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

I'm a GNC employee and let me tell the truth vs the bull****.

The 100% wheybo we don't make any money off of. 0. It's honestly just one of the best post workout proteins in the store.
    If we are selling for commission we will sell you cellucor.

Also wheybo vs gold standard.

Let's start with this, optimum didn't make gold standard for post workout. It is not a post workout protein. That is why they made there hydro whey and hydro builder.

No wheybo is isolate based so is gold standard.
    Wheybo has hydroslate based protein in it as well gold standard does not.
    Wheybo has 15 ADDED grams of Aminos mostly in glutamine and L-Lucine. Gold standard has NO added Aminos. 0 nada non. So buy your gold standard but if you know any thing about lifting go buy extra 30 dollars for Aminos. Wheybo already has it added.

Wheybo has about 600 mg of digestive enzymes (protese, bromine ect) wheybo has none.

Let's talk price now, wheybo is currently 52 dollars for 25 serving at 2 scoops.
    Gold standard is 58.00 at 2 scoops for 34 servings.

Wheybo for the win.

tpage318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tpage318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tpage318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tpage318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tpage318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tpage318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tpage318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tpage318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tpage318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tpage318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tpage318 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Protein is protein I have always used optimum but as of late I have given other companies a try right now dymatize birthday cake hnnnnnggggg.

nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by chrisbartley View Post

The 100% wheybo we don't make any money off of. 0. It's honestly just one of the best post workout proteins in the store.

Let's start with this, optimum didn't make gold standard for post workout. It is not a post workout protein. That is why they made there hydro whey and hydro builder.

Wheybo has 15 ADDED grams of Aminos mostly in glutamine and L-Lucine. Gold standard has NO added Aminos. 0 nada non. So buy your gold standard but if you know any thing about lifting go buy extra 30 dollars for Aminos. Wheybo already has it added.

Wheybo has about 600 mg of digestive enzymes (protese, bromine ect) wheybo has none.

Let's talk price now, wheybo is currently 52 dollars for 25 serving at 2 scoops.

Wheybo for the win.
    Lol and this is why you work for GNC.

79$ for 51 serves of 20g/scoop lmao

Last edited by nugget5; 04-24-2014 at 07:00 AM.
    Fck your "Company rep rule violation"

Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My forehead hurts from the amount of facepalming I'm doing while reading this thread.
    Progressive overload + progressive eating = gains. Simple as that!

chrisbartley is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisbartley is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisbartley is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisbartley is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisbartley is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisbartley is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisbartley is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisbartley is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisbartley is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisbartley is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisbartley is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm also a paramedic firefighter so try again kid. 2 scoops equal 40g of protein at 25 servings a total of 56.7 grams total for the scoops with a 3 lb tub/ 48oz

I'm also a paramedic firefighter so try again kid. 2 scoops equal 40g of protein at 25 servings a total of 56.7 grams total for the scoops with a 3 lb tub/ 48oz
    Correction about the digestive enzymes it's only 239mg

bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This isn't a matter of GNC vs what's right. OP wants to know if hydrolyzed is better than isolate.

I think you are overthinking your protein......

Is Hydrolyzed better for you. No. The molecular structure might allow it to be "absorbed better", but this will not determine a difference in results. WPC vs isolate vs hydrolyzed will not matter for body composition. The only time I would recommend anything other than WPC is if someone was lactose intolerant.

At the end of the day, u need X grams of protein, if that is not happening then you will have poor results.

"PWO" protein? This term is used too loosely.....that's a whole different thread/discussion. ;-)

Good luck OP.
    Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle...." - Psalms 144:1

bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle...." - Psalms 144:1

nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by bdillingham5 View Post
    This is an old thread bumped the by "paramedic/fire fighter" arguing about GNC BS, the point about hydro v isolate has already been done with.

Also please don't 1. Cite will brink and think it's a good thing or 2. A bb.com article lol

So you're getting 20g per scoop for 51 servings @ 77$

ON is 24g/1scoop and you're getting 77 servings @ 54$

Still wheybolic for the win?

MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Wheybo for the win.
    Someone drank a lot of the Kool-Aid

Originally Posted by nugget5 View Post
    This is an old thread bumped the by "paramedic/fire fighter" arguing about GNC BS, the point about hydro v isolate has already been done with.

Also please don't 1. Cite will brink and think it's a good thing or 2. A bb.com article lol
    Haha I was doing it for simplicity. I normally cite material from guys like John Meadows and Alan Aragon but they tend to be more advanced articles.

Goodnight Sweet Prince CashmereEsquire's Avatar
    CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Magna Cum Luade at BroTech
    Follow me on Instagram: http://instagram.com/KingCashmereEsq

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Wheybo for the win.
    i know you lie
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xHiroko has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    They say Hydro whey is more densed.
    I just stick to eggs and milk post workout

Originally Posted by xHiroko View Post
    What does this even mean

BlackWolf333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

pretty much everyone is wrong..but old thread so i dnt really care to explain why..

isolate microfiltered is the best and purest form of protein end of story.

blmclean is not very well liked. (-100) blmclean is not very well liked. (-100) blmclean is not very well liked. (-100) blmclean is not very well liked. (-100) blmclean is not very well liked. (-100) blmclean is not very well liked. (-100) blmclean is not very well liked. (-100) blmclean is not very well liked. (-100) blmclean is not very well liked. (-100) blmclean is not very well liked. (-100) blmclean is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by xHiroko View Post
    Eggs are considered a "slow-digesting" protein. It will take approximately 7 hours for your body to breakdown and utilize the protein in a single large egg. Nothing wrong with that as long as you're not trying to repair muscle fibers faster.