Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Harganoff View Post
    A bit off topic questions here:

What website(s) do you guys use during your draft? I've read online about some sites that can really help you out. Also, do you all make your own top 200 list or do you go by ESPNs or CBS's or something like that? I will be having my laptop with me this year for the first time so I would like to utilize it to my advantage obviously.
    There's generally a number of ways, and/or a combination of things you can do in order to prepare for the draft.

I will make a list of players I like at certain ADP's.. guys that I want to take chances on in specific rounds etc.. I'll also generally put players into tiers

I find that doing that type of work is much more important than just creating a top 200/250 list.. but for those top 200/250 lists sometimes its just easier to take a rankings of a writer that you respect and modify it to your personal liking, I like putting more work/time into researching players and reading camp reports than spending days on top200 lists, when instead I can take a few hours and modify one to fit my own draft.
    I'm lost~

Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ty247 View Post
    There's generally a number of ways, and/or a combination of things you can do in order to prepare for the draft.

I will make a list of players I like at certain ADP's.. guys that I want to take chances on in specific rounds etc.. I'll also generally put players into tiers

I find that doing that type of work is much more important than just creating a top 200/250 list.. but for those top 200/250 lists sometimes its just easier to take a rankings of a writer that you respect and modify it to your personal liking, I like putting more work/time into researching players and reading camp reports than spending days on top200 lists, when instead I can take a few hours and modify one to fit my own draft.
    Yeah I've been working on doing Tiers for each position and I'm going to find a top 200 I think is good and modifiy it a bit. Thanks for the help

dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Like Ty said. Find a writer or a ranking that you like. Look at each guys schedule, those with an awesome schedule or playoff schedule get a bump. Teir them, teir them, teri them. Teiring is the #1 most impostant thing in this. By each position, not 200, always try to get the last guy in each teir.

Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Currently bored at work tiering. Will post results shortly for criticism

dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Do it, for the last two years I have been doing a "guys you should bump and guys to avoid or take down a peg" kinda deal. It helps out a lot becuase you get to hear didferent things about each player, crap you wouldnt get on a regular site/mag.

I got absolutely destroyed by people for saying DWill and Burner Turner were not going to be worth the 4&5 picks people were spending on them, more like 12-13 where I thought. I had the numbers and data, people just ripped the crap outta me.

When you say numbers/data, what specifically do you mean? Strength of schedule, tds inside the 5, and things like that?

The big ones I look for are strength of schedule, playoff schedule,
    RB-1st half of the year yards per carry vs 2nd half of the year yards per carry avg.
    WR-REC over the last 3 years, do they have an increaing % of games with either 100 yards or a TD?

There are some old time proven theories like the 370. There is a reason those theories exist, because they are true.

What does the guys offensive line and defense look like.

It aint easy bein steezy SteezeFactory's Avatar
    SteezeFactory has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SteezeFactory has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SteezeFactory has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SteezeFactory has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SteezeFactory has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SteezeFactory has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SteezeFactory has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SteezeFactory has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SteezeFactory has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SteezeFactory has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SteezeFactory has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    Another deep sleeper to put on the radar...

Early Doucet, Arizona

While I think Leinert decreases the value of Fitzy this year. I see Early Doucet as being the Wide out that fills Boldin's role better than Breaston.

I think a lot of Breaston's moments of success happened because he was the #3 reciever, getting crappy coverage because Boldin and Fitzy were drawing the focus of opposing D's.

Early Doucet at 212 (As opposed to Breastons 189) fits into Boldin's "Sterling Sharpe" type of playing style. that physical style often forces D's to roll their more physical DB's in that direction or a corner has to pay the price.

In his third year, under a QB who as second stringers last year they've worked together more... Doucet might shock some people.
    Early Doucet - I know Leinart is in now, and not many people have confidence in him, but when you've got Fitzgerald opposite you, your going to have a lot of one on one coverage and opportunity against lesser CB talents. With Boldin out, there's a number of targets to go around.. Doucet came on hot last season, and Breaston is more fit for the slot. You can easily get Doucet in the 12th+ round.
    Originally Posted by BeanieWells View Post
    I'm a Cards fan and Breaston has always been the receiver on the outside against the #1/#2 cb while Boldin was mainly a slot receiver in our 3WR sets. Just FYI.
    I agree that Doucet is definitely a solid sleeper option, but don't count on Breaston disappearing and letting Early take all of his receiving yards. He's got the skill set to be a #2 WR; he is thin but he runs great routes, has great hands, is shifty after the catch, has the speed to go deep, and is very tough as well. Like BW said Breaston has had a lot of time lining up opposite of Fitz with Boldin in the slot in 3 WR sets and he has stepped up in place of Boldin when he was out with injuries. Doucet is "baby Q" in every sense of the word. He's very physical, he's got great YAC skills, he can play in the slot our lineup outside as the #2, and he has issues staying healthy...just like Q. Doucet will get more TD's, but I can definitely see him and Breaston both ending up with around 700-900 yards. I think Leinart will be better than a lot of people think, but he will be running the ball a lot more.

But yes, Early is an animal:

Sun Devils - Cardinals - Suns - Dbakes - Yotes

"Yo, come on, we're Arizona State. They wouldn't give him (President Obama) a degree? Really? I mean, even if they offered him one, he should've been insulted. He'd be like, 'I went to Harvard.' I mean, come on, I barely went to class, and they passed me. It's Arizona [expletive] State!" - Terrell Suggs

I rep AZ brahs

Well to go along with my above posts about what to use on draft day I found this software that seems to be perfect. I'm sure some of you know about it but I had never seen or used it before. Its called the Draft Dominator and it's by footballguys.com. Its a program that has a player list that you can customize, a list of all teams and who they draft. You customize the program with your league settings and team names and draft order. When it is your time to pick the program will, apparently, suggest a player based on your team needs and who is the best value available. I haven't tested it out that much but it seems awesome. I'm going to keep fiddling with it and see if I can make a list of tiers for each position. Heres a screenshot of the program:

I know its somewhat blurry and squished but the box on the bottom left is the player list. Above that is the draft status box, basically stating whos pick it is and what round yada yada. Top right box shows all the teams and how many players at each position they have filled. Bottom right is a box taht you can scroll through each individual team and see what players they have so far.

Here is a link if anyone wants to download the program: http://footballguys.com/10download2.php
    Last edited by Harganoff; 07-20-2010 at 05:32 PM.

FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Don't know if he's been mentioned, but I'll throw Jerome Harrison out there. He turned it all the way up towards the end of the Brown's season, including that one ridiculous game where he rushed for 300 yards and a few TD's. With Jake Delhomme (ugh..) at QB, I'm sure there's going to be plenty of attention for him, let's just hope it wasn't a fluke.
    Cavs / Browns / Buckeyes / Indians

Jerome Harrison my be cut. He doesnt do anything well enough to be a player in FF and if the Browns are thinking about cutting you, then you suck.

The only reason he did anything last year was that the Browns worst offensive coordinator of all time played two damn near 300 lb TEs every single down and they just smashed it up the gut. The guy cant pass block and he is injury prone. With the Clowns picking up Hardesty and the fact that they have some other guys that are more well rounded-let someone else pick Harrison.

Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Harganoff View Post
    Well to go along with my above posts about what to use on draft day I found this software that seems to be perfect. I'm sure some of you know about it but I had never seen or used it before. Its called the Draft Dominator and it's by footballguys.com. Its a program that has a player list that you can customize, a list of all teams and who they draft. You customize the program with your league settings and team names and draft order. When it is your time to pick the program will, apparently, suggest a player based on your team needs and who is the best value available. I haven't tested it out that much but it seems awesome. I'm going to keep fiddling with it and see if I can make a list of tiers for each position. Heres a screenshot of the program:

I know its somewhat blurry and squished but the box on the bottom left is the player list. Above that is the draft status box, basically stating whos pick it is and what round yada yada. Top right box shows all the teams and how many players at each position they have filled. Bottom right is a box taht you can scroll through each individual team and see what players they have so far.

Here is a link if anyone wants to download the program: http://footballguys.com/10download2.php
    You are about to get reps for life... Keep posting this man.. I wanna everything you find out...

Hit up Yahoo! mock draft and see what happens
    aka: TwYcH
    Pistons, Lions, Tigers, Tide
    4foot: pls go with your fuking pixie dust magical super tracing bend around the corner homing tomahawks.

*Destroying Body Fat Log 2012* - Real Time Review SNS Reduce XT - SNS Focus XT: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141873231
    Day 1: Starting Weight: 180lbs
    Day 51: Current Weight: 174lbs

ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000)
    My favourite place for mock drafts..
    fantasyfootballcalculator.com

footballguys.com also has a program called draft dominator that will help you with your drafts, you just enter in your starting lineup etc and it sets up everything for you as far as player selection

They also have cheatsheets that are dedicated to virtually every starting league player setup, varying the ADP for that specific type of league
    I'm lost~

My favourite place for mock drafts..
    fantasyfootballcalculator.com

footballguys.com also has a program called draft dominator that will help you with your drafts, you just enter in your starting lineup etc and it sets up everything for you as far as player selection

They also have cheatsheets that are dedicated to virtually every starting league player setup, varying the ADP for that specific type of league
    Yeah i just posted about the draft dominator a few posts up. Loving it so far, just trying to fix the rankings they have. It's perfect for following what is happening during the draft for each team.

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    The new strategy thread for the season

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post522844063
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My live draft is on the 31st.

12 man league, snake draft.

Absolutely cannot wait for football to start. I know this isn't actually a contribution or anything just wanted to get sub'd into a few of these threads so I can read through them at work. Posting more later.
    THE AWARE
    Indiana, USA
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142412021