Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey everyone, nice to see it's coming up on football season again.

Aside from some of the players mentioned already here, I though I'd give a few others less talked about and detail some guys you might want to watch out for, or some camp battles you may want to keep an eye on;

Steve Breaston/Early Doucet - I know Leinart is in now, and not many people have confidence in him, but when you've got Fitzgerald opposite you, your going to have a lot of one on one coverage and opportunity against lesser CB talents. With Boldin out, there's a number of targets to go around.. Doucet came on hot last season, and Breaston is more fit for the slot. You can easily get Doucet in the 12th+ round.

James Jones/Jordy Nelson - I'm leaning heavily towards James Jones here right now although Nelson is certainly talented enough also. With Driver's recent health issues, and questions surrounding his age, you could see one of these guys emerge. With Aaron Rodgers slinging the rock there's a lot of yards and targets to go around in that potent Green Bay offense. Both of these guys could go at any point past the 12-15th rounds.

Pierre Garcon - After gaining the confidence of his quarterback, and displaying some ridiculous skills, you've got to have this guy on your radar. Dallas Clark and Reggie Wayne each *caught* 100 balls last year.. Clark won't be catching 100 again nor receiving his targets that he did last year, that was a result of Gonzalez being out and Garcon having to earn the trust of Manning. If Garcon does indeed get slotted in as the #2 receiver, you'll probably see a stat line of 1000 yards/7-8 Td's. Not bad for a receiver you can take a chance on in the 8-9th round.

Mike Williams/Arrelious Benn - Right now Mike Williams has the edge, especially with Benn missing much of Rookie camps due to hamstring injuries. Both have looked good in camp, but Mike Williams has looked outstanding. The opportunity is there and both are worth taking a chance on.

Montario Hardesty - Jerome Harrison has never been a coach favorite in Cleveland, he lacks work ethic, he can't pass protect, and he has been on the bench in Cleveland for ages with no talent in front of him. Hardesty has came into rookie camp, exceeded coachs expectations with his work ethic, blitz pickup and pass catching. The offensive line is very talented and so is Hardesty. He could end up being a running back that you can get in the 8th+ rounds and produces like a RB2(he has the talent to be a low end RB1 but not at this point with no passing game).

Eric Decker - Here was a college player that had first round talent and could've possibly been a first round pick had he not missed the second half of the college season and then the combine with an injury. He was a recent participant at Larry Fitzgerald's camp working on refining his routes and his conditioning. He has NFL size and NFL hands. While redraft may not benefit as much from Decker, consider him in dynasty leagues.
    I'm lost~

ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000) ty247 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Max~Power View Post
    How early is to early for A. Bradshaw?

I know Jacobs is a beast in his own way, but I wouldn't mind having Bradshaw
    Bradshaw right now, has an ADP of around 7.12.

I like Bradshaw this year and moving forward. I like the way he runs, I like his receiving ability, and I like that he can play hurt and still produce.
    I'm lost~

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ty247 View Post
    Hey everyone, nice to see it's coming up on football season again.

Aside from some of the players mentioned already here, I though I'd give a few others less talked about and detail some guys you might want to watch out for, or some camp battles you may want to keep an eye on;

Steve Breaston/Early Doucet - I know Leinart is in now, and not many people have confidence in him, but when you've got Fitzgerald opposite you, your going to have a lot of one on one coverage and opportunity against lesser CB talents. With Boldin out, there's a number of targets to go around.. Doucet came on hot last season, and Breaston is more fit for the slot. You can easily get Doucet in the 12th+ round.
    I totally agree on Doucet. Breaston is way to light to handle the #2 WR role. (189) Doucet at 6' 212 has the ability to play a physical role like the one Boldin vacated.

I think if they keep breaston on that island. Teams are just going to line up their most physical corner and jam him at the line. I forsee Doucet taking over that #2 WR job by the time the FF playoffs role around.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by dirtdickens View Post
    Bradshaw is a tough one. Every year he dominates the preseason and then does awesome in the one game he gets to play in, but for some reason Coughlin doesnt play him. I think I drafted him two years in a row and held on to him all year in hopes of a late playoff run when Jacobs went down. Never happend, Ward got teh carries and then the following year they went after Danny Ware.

I dont trust him.

No doubt. I think if I were to grab Foster it wouldnt be until very late. Too many backs in that stable.
    Yeah I made a trade late last year that had Bradshaw coming to me in a package, and I still can't even off load him to the guy who owns jacobs (keeper league)

He's got a lot of talent... But he also gets banged up a lot and the coaches don't seem to trust him. The fact that it always seems to take him a lot longer to heal than other players "Might" hint at a work ethic issue?

But personally I wouldn't grab him unless Jacobs ended up in my lap in a snake draft. He has to make the leap in his own performance for me to feel courageous enough to upgrade him from "A known handcuff" to a "Value pick sleeper."
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

BeanieWells is not very well liked. (-100) BeanieWells is not very well liked. (-100) BeanieWells is not very well liked. (-100) BeanieWells is not very well liked. (-100) BeanieWells is not very well liked. (-100) BeanieWells is not very well liked. (-100) BeanieWells is not very well liked. (-100) BeanieWells is not very well liked. (-100) BeanieWells is not very well liked. (-100) BeanieWells is not very well liked. (-100) BeanieWells is not very well liked. (-100)
    I'm a Cards fan and Breaston has always been the receiver on the outside against the #1/#2 cb while Boldin was mainly a slot receiver in our 3WR sets. Just FYI.

Another sleeper I like is Santana Moss. He could potentially have a great year with Jason "Captain Checkdown" Campbell now gone and McNabb's deep ball now in. I'd expect him put up numbers similar to Desean Jackson last year.

Originally Posted by BeanieWells View Post
    I'm a Cards fan and Breaston has always been the receiver on the outside against the #1/#2 cb while Boldin was mainly a slot receiver in our 3WR sets. Just FYI.

Another sleeper I like is Santana Moss. He could potentially have a great year with Jason "Captain Checkdown" Campbell now gone and McNabb's deep ball now in. I'd expect him put up numbers similar to Desean Jackson last year.
    Breaston has played the outside at times while Boldin has missed time yes.. but Doucet, with his RAC ability and his strength and physical game, mirrors the game of Boldin(who took him under his wing in Arizona btw) and fills that void created by Boldin leaving for Baltimore.

Santana Moss is a nice sleeper candidate but I've never been a fan.. I'd really like to see Devin Thomas step up, but I'm not sure if he ever will.. just too immature and lacking work ethic. I could really see Cooley and Fred Davis benefitting more from McNabb coming to DC.
    I'm lost~

Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Bradshaw right now, has an ADP of around 7.12.

I like Bradshaw this year and moving forward. I like the way he runs, I like his receiving ability, and I like that he can play hurt and still produce.
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    Yeah I made a trade late last year that had Bradshaw coming to me in a package, and I still can't even off load him to the guy who owns jacobs (keeper league)

He's got a lot of talent... But he also gets banged up a lot and the coaches don't seem to trust him. The fact that it always seems to take him a lot longer to heal than other players "Might" hint at a work ethic issue?

But personally I wouldn't grab him unless Jacobs ended up in my lap in a snake draft. He has to make the leap in his own performance for me to feel courageous enough to upgrade him from "A known handcuff" to a "Value pick sleeper."
    In a 14 team mock yesterday I grabbed him in the 8th:

1. DeAngelo Williams (Car - RB)
    2. Reggie Wayne (Ind - WR)
    3. LeSean McCoy (Phi - RB)
    4. Tom Brady (NE - QB)
    5. Brent Celek (Phi - TE)
    6. T.J. Houshmandzadeh (Sea - WR)
    7. Austin Collie (Ind - WR)
    8. Ahmad Bradshaw (NYG - RB)
    9. Dallas (Dal - DEF)
    aka: TwYcH
    Pistons, Lions, Tigers, Tide
    4foot: pls go with your fuking pixie dust magical super tracing bend around the corner homing tomahawks.

*Destroying Body Fat Log 2012* - Real Time Review SNS Reduce XT - SNS Focus XT: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141873231
    Day 1: Starting Weight: 180lbs
    Day 51: Current Weight: 174lbs

4. Tom Brady (NE - QB)
    9. Dallas (Dal - DEF)
    WOW... Brady went as late as the 4th in a 14 team mock!
    6'4"

Breaston has played the outside at times while Boldin has missed time yes.. but Doucet, with his RAC ability and his strength and physical game, mirrors the game of Boldin(who took him under his wing in Arizona btw) and fills that void created by Boldin leaving for Baltimore.

Santana Moss is a nice sleeper candidate but I've never been a fan.. I'd really like to see Devin Thomas step up, but I'm not sure if he ever will.. just too immature and lacking work ethic. I could really see Cooley and Fred Davis benefitting more from McNabb coming to DC.
    Yeah I have mixed bag feelings on Devin Thomas as well. If Zorn & Campbell stayed in town I would have thought of him as nothing more than a low end #4.

However... Shanny and McNabb. Shanny gives him a coach who knows how to fix maturity and work ethic issues... McNabb is a QB who... Well let's face it, 85% of his career he's been forced to work with sub-par or undeveloped WR's.

So really it's a "Best Case Scenario" for Devin Thomas to emerge as a dark horse sleeper this year.

Now I still don't think I'd draft him as anything higher than a Low end #3.
    BUT I also wouldn't be surprised if he's playing like a #2 by the end of the season, if all the leaves fall in the right direction!
    6'4"

Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    WOW... Brady went as late as the 4th in a 14 team mock!
    I was blown away dude. I had 12th pick overall so he was the 2nd pick of the 4th round, how could I pass that up?
    4foot: pls go with your fuking pixie dust magical super tracing bend around the corner homing tomahawks.

*Destroying Body Fat Log 2012* - Real Time Review SNS Reduce XT - SNS Focus XT: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141873231

I was blown away dude. I had 12th pick overall so he was the 2nd pick of the 4th round, how could I pass that up?
    Brady, Brees and P. Manning are all going back into the player pool in my draft this year... And I'm in need of a QB with a lot of money and talent at other positions... So I was thinking about dropping some big ching a QB... Brady flying under valued under the radar would be fine by me.

In a 7-10 days I'm going to start the "Draft Strategy" thread for these high end picks etc... Just waiting for some camps to open, and I have to go on a business trip most of next week.
    6'4"

Brady, Brees and P. Manning are all going back into the player pool in my draft this year... And I'm in need of a QB with a lot of money and talent at other positions... So I was thinking about dropping some big ching a QB... Brady flying under valued under the radar would be fine by me.

In a 7-10 days I'm going to start the "Draft Strategy" thread for these high end picks etc... Just waiting for some camps to open, and I have to go on a business trip most of next week.
    Please do, I just started my deep dive. I am going to try and do 4 Mocks a week from now until draft day. Keeps me sharp and helps me learn players, rookies and backups...

dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

4. Tom Brady (NE - QB)
    9. Dallas (Dal - DEF)
    Shouldnt have let me into that league. Barring deployment I am gonna whoop all your asses.

Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000)
    draft day for me is officially set for august 15th at a hotel conference room (yes we are allowed to drink/basically do whatever). Will be doing lots of research and mocks in the coming weeks to prepare

Shouldnt have let me into that league. Barring deployment I am gonna whoop all your asses.
    Ha my first mock more than 40 days away from the draft (in my backup league) and you are already talking trash...

lulz, you have no idea. I will know all you sleepers, and picks reading these threads. Might just poach a few

dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtdickens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nah, I save those posts for after I make my moves.

I do like DWill and Wayne though. 14 man league is tough to land a one-two like that.

Man you guys need to start doing Dynasty leagues.. once I started doing Dynasty leagues I gave up redrafts.. so much fun, so much more importance with rookie drafting/scouting.. pretty awesome stuff
    I'm lost~

We have been wanting to. The problem is getting everyone to agree on the settings.

We have been wanting to. The problem is getting everyone to agree on the settings.
    Like scoring and starting lineup? How's that an issue lol.

1QB/2RB/2WR/1 flex/1TE/1K

Then decide whether you want IDP or not

PPR all tds worth 6.

Let's do this.

Like scoring and starting lineup? How's that an issue lol.

1QB/2RB/2WR/1 flex/1TE/1K

Then decide whether you want IDP or not

PPR all tds worth 6.

Let's do this.
    My bad, I meant the main local one I am in. We have done redrafts for a while. Every year we talk about it, but we can never agree on
    Salary.
    How many you can keep and for how long.
    How to restart the draft after some guys have already chosen their keepers from the following year.

After the 2008 season we wanted to start up and the only people you could keep were 3 guys drafted after the 5th round. Just for the start up year so no one could keep Andre Johnson or the big dogs to start their dynasty. The problem was that I took Chris Johnson in the 7th round and Ray Rice in the 6th round. Going into the draft no one wanted to do it anymore because they knew I was way better than anything they had. Turns out the bishes were right, I didnt even think those guys would be what they are.

Stupid crap like that always stops us.

Man you guys need to start doing Dynasty leagues.. once I started doing Dynasty leagues I gave up redrafts.. so much fun, so much more importance with rookie drafting/scouting.. pretty awesome stuff
    Yeah my league is a Dynasty league with a salary cap and the draft is an auction. Maximum Contract length is 3 years. Every year you keep a guy his salary goes up 10%

People be hatin' on me for Drafting Shonn Greene for $6 last year. Same with Miles Austin for $6 and Vernon Davis for $2!

It's funny though because you watch guys come from seasonal snake drafts and they hit that Auction room and it's like they're first year rookies all over again.

But now the guys who are veterans in my league go down to a seasonal snake for a side league and they totally dominate!
    6'4"

Docta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Docta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Docta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Docta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Docta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Docta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Docta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Docta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Docta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Docta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Docta will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Mike Wallace could burst out after Roethlisberger's suspension. He's going to be his main deep threat now.
    "I've always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come. I don't do things half-heartedly. Because I know if I do, then I can expect half-hearted results." - Michael Jordan

How many of you guys would want to start up a Misc dynasty just for fun and/or reps?

Dirt, it's always tough to do a major transformation to the way a league is done especially since those that are dominating the league making that money don't want to give it up and rightly so lol.

Nainoa I want to get in on a contract league badly.. it's the one thing I haven't done and would love to do. The thing about that is, that I've attempted to find some leagues with a low cost to get in on but I haven't been able to find a contract league less than $150 to get in on, and none that were start-ups.. all of them tend to be 'take over this garbage team' at $150 buy in and try and transform it with half its draft picks missing.. f that lol
    I'm lost~

How many of you guys would want to start up a Misc dynasty just for fun and/or reps?

Dirt, it's always tough to do a major transformation to the way a league is done especially since those that are dominating the league making that money don't want to give it up and rightly so lol.

Nainoa I want to get in on a contract league badly.. it's the one thing I haven't done and would love to do. The thing about that is, that I've attempted to find some leagues with a low cost to get in on but I haven't been able to find a contract league less than $150 to get in on, and none that were start-ups.. all of them tend to be 'take over this garbage team' at $150 buy in and try and transform it with half its draft picks missing.. f that lol
    Actually... In the 9 year history of my dynasty league, we've turned over 4 people total. (4th is coming in this year)...

Of those 3 guys, each of them inheriting a certain amount of "Garbage Team."

One guy Ripped it up in his year 1... Which was 2007 and he drafted Brady, Moss, Owens and Welker.

In his case while he inherited a team that needed to be "Rebuilt" he also had a ton of money to be able to put a team together.

The other 2 guys who inherited teams, actually inherited a modest level of talent. So they didn't have a lot of money to be aggressive in building up their teams. They got their asses SPANKED in year 1... But they learned a lot and quickly evolved into contender teams in year 2.

Where as that first guy... Since year one was such a breeze for him... While he had a lot of fun, he didn't really learn a lot, and he really struggled in years 2 and 3.

The KEY to winning in Dynasty league is not Focusing on getting those big dogs... It's about finding those sleepers, or grabbing those guys who are going to explode a year later.

Hence my 4 trips to the bowl in 8 years based on late round guys I grabbed.

I mean last year I picked up Shonn Greene for $6 ($500 cap) He never cracked my starting line up. So far 5 other teams in a 10 team league have tried to throw me trade options for Shonn Greene!
    6'4"

IawI is not very helpful. (-500) IawI is not very helpful. (-500) IawI is not very helpful. (-500) IawI is not very helpful. (-500) IawI is not very helpful. (-500) IawI is not very helpful. (-500) IawI is not very helpful. (-500) IawI is not very helpful. (-500) IawI is not very helpful. (-500) IawI is not very helpful. (-500) IawI is not very helpful. (-500)
    Jermichael Finley and Beanie Wells.

Originally Posted by IawI View Post
    Jermichael Finley and Beanie Wells.
    Not sleepers, but I like those guys..
    I'm lost~

Not sleepers, but I like those guys..
    Yeah if I didn't already have Vernon Davis I'd take Finely as a low end starter at TE,

I'd put Beanie Wells on that list of "Well known" high end sleepers.

I mean no one is going to draft him to be their #2 back unless they're pretty desperate or they're playing in a 12+ man league.

The very real fear is that Wells is going to get stuck in a Tandem with Hightower. Now if Hightower gets hurt and they use the run game to take pressure off of Leinerts learning curve... Wells could become an everyweek starter.
    6'4"

Yeah if I didn't already have Vernon Davis I'd take Finely as a low end starter at TE,

I'd put Beanie Wells on that list of "Well known" high end sleepers.

I mean no one is going to draft him to be their #2 back unless they're pretty desperate or they're playing in a 12+ man league.

The very real fear is that Wells is going to get stuck in a Tandem with Hightower. Now if Hightower gets hurt and they use the run game to take pressure off of Leinerts learning curve... Wells could become an everyweek starter.
    Blitz pickup, and fumbling issues are what kept Beanie on the bench.. towards the end of the year he was able to reduce the number of mistakes.. I expect him to take the starting job and run with it this year, putting up double digit TD's and a nice number of yards.. I'm trying to acquire him in one dynasty league I'm in as we speak

Of course Hightower will get some third down work and what not to spell Wells but Wells will surely be the main back this year
    I'm lost~

Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000) Harganoff is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A bit off topic questions here:

What website(s) do you guys use during your draft? I've read online about some sites that can really help you out. Also, do you all make your own top 200 list or do you go by ESPNs or CBS's or something like that? I will be having my laptop with me this year for the first time so I would like to utilize it to my advantage obviously.

clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'd be in on this. I'd probably get spanked by you guys but i consistently play