jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Curious - Weird effect with carbs

Wasnt sure how to explain this in the title..

Been doing Keto for 2 months now and so far so good, starting to near the old 10% BF and will hopefully manage to get down to single digits but ive noticed something the past month and just curious if any of you get this, and if it means anything at all

I'm quite a chocoholic, and i love sweet stuff, i can't even imagine not having any of this stuff again. I know you can make low carb fudge and stuff (mint choc whey protein + cream is da bomb) but you can't eat much of that stuff. I always get my fixes in on my carb-ups (some chocolate bars, muffins, etc.) and makes them that much more enjoyable, but this past month i've noticed something weird...

Take last week for example, i got back from holiday on the 14th Jun and decided to Keto until the next Friday, 10 days no carbs (ate plenty on holiday trust me....) to get me back into it and shake what i put on. Nearer Friday i was really wanting some chocolate, sort of took a notion the tuesday before and was thinking about it since. I don't know if its carb craving or just wanting it all the more because i can't get it. Anyways i was actaully excited about eating all my sweets (and cereals, Frosties!! ) however, about 4 hours before my depletion workout i went and bought a rice crispies caramel/chocolate bar (if youve not seen them, basically rice crispies with chewy marshmallow holding them together) and some banana's. I usually have that bar 4 hours before (like 120 cals, 22g carbs, 3g-ish fat) and then the banana's 2 hours before. Once i ate that bar, and i was pretty peckish before it i might add, i actaully felt full.... And almost all my want and excitement for eating chocolate over the carb up went away! I wasnt even hungry for lunch, where any other day i almost always am (not so much this week as i started a ECA stack but thats another story). Full from a small 120cal bar!

Can't complain as it stopped me eating tooo much sweets but the feeling of fullness was rather odd. This happened before my previous depletion workout as well, and after the workout (about 30 mins after) i had some jelly babies. Not much, i ate around 10-15 but i felt like i had eaten a full meal! This usually wears off by the Saturday but i'm curious if anyone else gets this? I didn't get it during 24 hour carbs, only since i introduced carbs on the friday before (36 hour). I imagine it's just something to do with re-introducing the carbs back in with that amount, perhaps the "shock" of it all or something

Nothing to worry about, just curious

Registered User moonshinebabe33's Avatar
    moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This happens to me to!

Although not after one krispy bar (poor you!)
    I feel full very very quickly and get incrediably bloated and end up looking pregnant. I've been doing keto since Easter and each week my tolerance to carbs has got worse and worse. Looking on the bright side it stops us consuming too many cals and sabataging our weight loss efforts!! Last week at lunch I had a couple of spoonfuls of pasta and rice (White) and sone hagan daaz ice cream and the waistband on my skirt went tight from water retention. I spent got next 4/5 hours feeling very fat and uncomfortable.

I think maybe it's a bit of trial and error on your part.. Find what works for you.

I'm from the uk to- where abouts are you?
    Euphoria is a heightened feeling of happiness :-)

Registered User moonshinebabe33's Avatar
    moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh forgot to say... I read somewhere to have an apple or 2 the night before to prepare you body for the carb up ahead, maybe try that, it could work. I'm giving it a go this weekend.
    Euphoria is a heightened feeling of happiness :-)

jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmz1288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Woohoo it's not just me! Yea i get rather bloated too, after i eat a load of food i get fat lookin, it hurts to look in the mirror side on (flashbacks!) Yea i already have 2 banana's a few hours before my depletion workout, they don't seem to have the same effect as the poor crispies bar 2 hours before, typical!

I'm from Glasgow, more or less, just outside it