danigirlie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Stretch mark=loose skin worries :/

i'm 18, 185 lbs, 5'2 and I have started losing weight following a program with a doctor (lost about 10 already! so i guess i'm 175 lbs). Fortunately, this dr program helps lose weight fast, but i'm also worried that i'll lose it too fast and i'll get loose skin. I'm not too worried if my stretch marks show since i dont have much (like a few around my belly button and on my arms) but my mom has told me that there is a chance that i'll never get rid of the loose skin. My brother has helped me do some toning exercises 4x a week along with cardio everyday (cycling) but i want to prevent the loose skin before it happens. Anyone have any suggestions?

Oh, also, what can i do to prevent my breasts from sagging after i lose the weight (or preferably during the process)? I know i'll lose at least 2 sizes.

Thanks for any help!!

Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Murphdawgg485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the only 1 that can help you now is Mr. Fantastic from the fantistic 4

IncredbleShrinkingManlet™ bogus83's Avatar
    bogus83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogus83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogus83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogus83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogus83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogus83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogus83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogus83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogus83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogus83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogus83 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You're young, which is a huge plus. There's a good chance your skin is elastic enough to tighten up along with the rest of you. Many people recommend Vitamin E, and/or Cocoa Butter. Stretch marks don't necessarily imply loose skin, but even if the skin does tighten back up there isn't really any way to get rid of them. I wouldn't worry too much.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    [Start: 2/23/2010: 210 @ 31%] ►► [Current: 7/13/2011: 149.6 @ 14%] ►► [Goal: Under 140/12%, bulk]
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"If I was to approach my diet like my training, I'd be murdering the hell out of every thing I ate with relentless rage. I'd be taking 20 second rest breaks between chews and supersetting steak with salad." -Webber91

krisdineone is on a distinguished road. (+10) krisdineone is on a distinguished road. (+10) krisdineone is on a distinguished road. (+10) krisdineone is on a distinguished road. (+10) krisdineone is on a distinguished road. (+10) krisdineone is on a distinguished road. (+10) krisdineone is on a distinguished road. (+10) krisdineone is on a distinguished road. (+10) krisdineone is on a distinguished road. (+10) krisdineone is on a distinguished road. (+10) krisdineone is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am 44~ I lost a little more than a 100 lbs over the last three years. I do have some loose skin and stretch marks but I am much older than you are sweetie. I think because you are so young chances of your skin recovering are fantastic! It takes time though be patient with your body it is a wonderful thing you are doing for yourself!!
    Pm me if you have questions about what happened to my breasts lol
    "Everybody pities the weak; jealousy you have to earn"

I AM busting my ass!!

One Life One Body!!

RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Don't let the fear of stretch marks stop you. Like one post said, you are young so your skin should be ok. What's worse...being overweight and unhealthy or fit, healthy, with some stretch marks. Keep up the work you have already put in. You will be fine!

zona43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zona43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zona43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zona43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zona43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zona43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zona43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zona43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zona43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zona43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zona43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I lost about 75 pounds the nice and slow way over a 3 year period or so. I've still got my stretch marks like little battle scars. I'm much thinner and feel much better about myself and thus feel very little self consciousness about them. All they say is that you were heavy before and you over came it. Don't worry about them.

metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have stretch marks on my arms, chest, belly, thighs and knees. Once you tan they are hard to see and the leaner you become the harder they are to see. When I was obese they were reddish color, now they blend in with the tan. I don't know much about loose skin, I may have a little in 15lbs more, nothing to be done about it except time I guess.
    Back on that injury recovery time, yoga stretching and running.

Life is easy when you take personal responsibility

MMMC - Assistant to the Assistant of the Secretary of Assistance

pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ure young, u can get ur skin elasticity back, don't worry about it so much

ur mom says that cos she can't get rid hers when she gave birth to you, (srs) that's what my mom told me atleast
    Jan 1st '10 : 265lbs
    Feb 21st '10 : 240lbs
    Mar 28th '10 : 228lbs
    Aug 23rd '10 : 208lbs (COME ON, I WANT BELOW 200 ASAP)!!!!
    April 28th '11 : 213lbs
    Feb 18th' 13: 225lbs (starting 12 week kris gethin hardcore)

Life is screwed last couple of years. Now starting again:
    May 28, 2014: 230lbs
    Sept 28, 2014: 227lbs

OK THIS TIME FORREAL:
    01 Jan 2015: 218lbs
    07 Sep 2017: 193lbs

I rep back!!

frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Stretch marks may happen and they won't go away. I got mine on my shoulders when I was 17 and they have stayed since. The loose skin I probably wouldn't worry about since you're so young and you aren't losing like 100 pounds or anything.
    Start (fat guy):May 31 2009 - 205lbs ~34%bf
    (first large cut) July 31 2010 - 140 lbs ~14-15%bf
    (first bulk) March 1 2011 - 164lbs ~18-19%bf
    Currently (June 30, 2011) - 146lbs ~11-12% bf
    Ultimate Long term Goal - 170lbs @ 10%bf

sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think perhaps the view of stretch marks differs between men and women. Generally, women will feel a lot more self-concious with them than men will. However, you are still young and so I think loose skin will not be so much of a problem, just don't lose too much weight too quickly.

I have stretch marks on both my shoulders, and HUGE (and growing) stretch marks on the back/lateral side of each arm pit (just above where my lats join my shoulders), on the front and both sides of my belly. They are annoying, but are slowly resolving with daily application of some good cocoa butter with vit E. I wear them as battle scars, and am happy to show them off (weird huh).

Just keep with it and don't let a few marks put you off your goals
    starting stats 08/4-158.5 lbs,95cm waist, ~25% body fat
    current stats 16/7-146 lbs, 81cm waist, ~13.0% body fat

original short term goal = 16 July = 12% BF. Actual reached = 16 July = 13% BF.
    New short term goal = increase calories by 250/week, hope to hit 10-11% BF by the time I reach my bulking calories (3rd Sept).
    Medium term goal = 160 lbs @ 10% body fat by April 2011
    long term goal = 180 lbs, 10% body fat

danigirlie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks got the advice and motivation! I definitely will not give up for some marks and loose skin, but I just thought a little prevention would reduce the chances of it occurring.
    Would calcium pyruvate do anything to help that? My brother says it's supposed to help build muscle rather than storing fat (he lifts a lot but he's never had to lose weight so I don't know if he's right or not). It's given to me by my doctor so I'm taking at as prescribed.
    Also, about losing weight too quickly, I lost 7 pounds in one week (this is the first week) and I wanted to know if that's normal for the first week. I want to weight off but not that quickly.

Thanks again!

seraph858 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lose the weight and keep it off! Your 18 you'll probably be fine with the skin give it some time. Try not to lose too fast, I lost 55lbs when I was 20 and no excess. I was stupid put it all back on and then some and at 26 just lost 89lbs in 10 months, got excess skin, I streched it out to much over the two times I guess, maybe in time it will go away we'll see.
    But this post is about you so my advice

Do it for yourself you'll feel so much better, just when you get where your going keep yourself there and don't relapse, keep doing new things to make exercise fresh and fun.
    Good luck