Page 65 of 109 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 3248
    ♠ CONQUERING BARBELL ♠ audieswu's Avatar
    audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BobisMighty View Post
    Also this video has helped me with my squat greatly. It's helped me stop overemphasizing the arch in my back, and just concentrate on keeping my back straight
    [youtube]c8W0hd8Fgs4[youtube]
    Good vid but 4:29 the guy is talking about sliding forward but noticed the squatter's knees went past his toes?
    I can't train that way especially having a history with my left knee prone to dislocation. Also I wouldn't chance that with a full load on the bar.
    Wouldn't some if not most of the weight transfer to your knees if you tilt forward?
    CONQUERING BARBELL
    www.conqueringbarbell.com

DUP Training Powerlifting Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154586623

***Powerlifter Crew***

Instagram: Conquertheweights

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by audieswu View Post
    Good vid but 4:29 the guy is talking about sliding forward but noticed the squatter's knees went past his toes?
    I can't train that way especially having a history with my left knee prone to dislocation. Also I wouldn't chance that with a full load on the bar.
    Wouldn't some if not most of the weight transfer to your knees if you tilt forward?
    knees over toes is a myth and a bad one preached by so many!!! really annoys me...

the weight is still on your feet but the length of your limbs/feet determines how the knee relates to your toes...

funny i injured myself doing the opposite... squatting atg and sitting back rather than down and caused 6 months at least of knee problems...
    Sleepy.

audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by scott_donald View Post
    knees over toes is a myth and a bad one preached by so many!!! really annoys me...
    the weight is still on your feet but the length of your limbs/feet determines how the knee relates to your toes...
    funny i injured myself doing the opposite... squatting atg and sitting back rather than down and caused 6 months at least of knee problems...
    Fuk we all screwed then. It's like which one came first the chicken or the egg.

But in all seriousness, I no longer have knee issues since I started squatting atg and not letting my knees go past my toes.
    CONQUERING BARBELL

DUP Training Powerlifting Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154586623

***Powerlifter Crew***

That's how you get ants. BobisMighty's Avatar
    BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Fuk we all screwed then. It's like which one came first the chicken or the egg.

But in all seriousness, I no longer have knee issues since I started squatting atg and not letting my knees go past my toes.
    At the end of the day it's what really works best for you. My body has 0 issues with knees going past toes (aside from me needing to stretch my calves more often). If you can go atg without letting your knees go past toes, more power to you, but i can't do that without getting serious butt wink and aggravating my lower back. but the idea of ATG is that the weight is distributed completely down to your feet. it's when you stop above parallel that the weight shifts to your knee because you are stopping momentum. When you go all the way down, you are using your knee simply as a hinge, and not as a break. If you watch olympic weightlifters their knees go past toes all the time.

but again, unless you are competing in weightlifting, you need to do what feels most comfortable for you.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125605233

World Rugby S&C Level 1 coach.

BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    2/7/13

I couldn't workout yesterday, so I'll do deadlift and ohp today, and accessories and back tomorrow.

Deadlift and Overhead Press

Warmup:
    10 minutes on recumbent bike (sprint 5 s, medium pace 55s)
    Soft tissue work with lacrosse ball
    Glute kick back
    Active hip flexor stretch
    Walking spiderman stretch
    Cradle Walks
    Band Pullaparts
    Dumbbell Raises
    Cuban Rotation

Workout:

Weighted Box Jumps (holding two 26lb kettlebells in each hand)
    24"x6x3
    Landed without really having to bend my knees

Deadlift
    45x5 330x6x3 330x6
    Happy to report I was able to do all these reps with double overhand, and minimal chalk. Glad my grip is getting stronger.

Overhead Press
    45x5 135x6x3 135x7
    Happy with this. Could have probably squeezed out 1 more at the end, but wanted good clean reps, no grinders.

Renegade Rows with 26lb Kettlebells
    3x10
    The trick is not allowing your body to twist. I could really feel these in my lower abs and obliques.

Conditioning:

Kettlebell Snatches with 44lb bell
    10x4 (each hand) 15 seconds rest
    These were tiresome. For some reason I'm better at them with my right hand then my left. I did these because a friend of mine at the gym showed me how to do it without having the kettlebell smack my wrist when I catch it.

Burpee to Pullup
    10x4 15 seconds rest
    This was, by far THE hardest conditioning thing I ever did.

Medicine Ball Slams(20lb ball)
    10x4 15 seconds rest for first 5, 10 seconds rest for last 5
    I originally wanted to do wall balls, which is a quarter squat into a throw, but it aggravated my elbow to catch the 20lb ball.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    strong grip... i wonder if i could pull that without straps...

burpee to pullup looks fun!!!
    Sleepy.

Bob I agree with the statement above. What may work for you/me may not work for others.

Strong raw DL man. I like those burpee to pullups they are tough especially at the end of a session.
    CONQUERING BARBELL

***Powerlifter Crew***

strong grip... i wonder if i could pull that without straps...

burpee to pullup looks fun!!!
    You probably could. It takes a while. Yeah the burpee to pullup is just exhausting.

Bob I agree with the statement above. What may work for you/me may not work for others.

Strong raw DL man. I like those burpee to pullups they are tough especially at the end of a session.
    yeah, i'm not hardline about form unless it's very clear someone is going to hurt themselves.

thanks man! next week i'm working up to heavy singles, so i'm hoping to at least hit an old max for 1. hopefully somewhere over 425.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

yeah, i'm not hardline about form unless it's very clear someone is going to hurt themselves.

thanks man! next week i'm working up to heavy singles, so i'm hoping to at least hit an old max for 1. hopefully somewhere over 425.
    I am the same way I am not a form nazi.

Do it bro hit it hard! After my cut old PR's will be broken
    CONQUERING BARBELL

***Powerlifter Crew***

Location: edinburgh, scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    2/7/13

Deadlift
    45x5 330x6x3 330x6
    Happy to report I was able to do all these reps with double overhand, and minimal chalk. Glad my grip is getting stronger.
    Thats fcuking great double overhand work! I was feeling boss doing 300 for one set of 3. Stick with just chalk soon you'll wonder why you ever used straps.
    people ask me how to train, and i answer "i look at what you do and then i do the exact oposite"

if your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day

Originally Posted by toad1 View Post
    Thats fcuking great double overhand work! I was feeling boss doing 300 for one set of 3. Stick with just chalk soon you'll wonder why you ever used straps.
    Thanks man! I never use straps, but sometimes I do over and under grip. I try to hold off until the bar slips out of my hands.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

2/8/13

Accessory lifts and back

Warmup:
    Foam Roller
    Rowing Machine: 2000m in 10:26s. (I sprinted for 5 seconds and rowed at a medium pace for 55. I did sprint for the last 26 seconds)
    Walking Spiderman Stretch
    Cradle Walk
    Active Hip Flexor Stretch
    Glute Kick Backs
    Trap 3 raises

Funny thing. I found out today our chains are not 45lbs like I though, but are 28.2lbs each. So all my stuff with chains have been 28lbs, not 45lbs.

Workout:
    Pullups

BWx10 28lbsx5 56lbsx2 28lbsx5 56lbsx2 28lbsx5 BWx8
    Read about alternating the weighted pullups in last week's Muscle and Fitness (no laughing!). Thought I'd give it a try. It definitely made the 28lb sets feel lighter. The last BW set felt extremely easy for the first 5, then grinded out the last 3.

Inverted Row
    BWx3x12

Double Outside Kettlebell Swings

28lbsx10 35lbsx10 44lbsx10
    A friend of mine told me about a power lifter he knows who trains with these, because he feels it helps his conventional deadlifts. I tried them. it's interesting.

Bulgarian Split Squats
    BWx3x10 (each leg)

Mountain Climber Planks

3x15 (each side)
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

decent session...

haha love the muscle and fitness comment...
    Sleepy.

jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    2/7/13

Burpee to Pullup
    10x4 15 seconds rest
    This was, by far THE hardest conditioning thing I ever did.
    Had to do this once last month. The whole workout was 100 burpee pullups. I managed about ten with good form, fifty negative pullups,and the rest barely grabbing the bar. Tough indeed.

decent session...

haha love the muscle and fitness comment...
    yeah I didn't want to go to crazy since i worked out yesterday and was supposed to have indoor rugby practice tomorrow. But they canceled it because a blizzard is hitting us tomorrow. I feel like I get judged for reading fitness magazines haha.
    Originally Posted by jamalfudge View Post
    Had to do this once last month. The whole workout was 100 burpee pullups. I managed about ten with good form, fifty negative pullups,and the rest barely grabbing the bar. Tough indeed.
    Yeah man, I definitely used the jump from the burpee to help the pullup. it helps that i've been working on my pullup volume for the past few weeks.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

2/10/13
    Rugby was canceled yesterday because of the blizzard. I shoveled for about an hour and a half and then watched Wales beat France in the Six Nations.

Hot Yoga

It was pretty brutal. It took about an hour. Went through a lot of poses. It really loosened up my lower back.

Now, on a side not, I'm in a contest to win a trip to space. If you could vote for me, that would be awesome!
    https://www2.axeapollo.com/en_US/356...obrien?image=0
    Last edited by BobisMighty; 02-10-2013 at 11:50 AM.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

tried to vote but i had to log in with fb so decided against it!!!

i have heard how challenging the hot yoga is... did you get a good view???
    Sleepy.

tried to vote but i had to log in with fb so decided against it!!!

i have heard how challenging the hot yoga is... did you get a good view???
    Ah thanks anyway. It was pretty challenging at first, but towards the end you are so loose its all about just dealing with the heat and sweat. And i had an alright view haha. For some reason a lot of guys came with their girlfriends and placed their mats arround me.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

2/11/13

Bench and Squat

Warmup:
    8 Minutes on Stationary Bike (sprint for 5s medium pace for 55s)
    Foam Roller
    Soft Tissue Work with Lacrosse Ball
    Walking Spiderman Stretch
    Cradle Walks
    Glute Kick Backs
    Active Hip Flexor Stretch
    Band Pullaparts
    Trap 3 Raises
    Overhead Tricep Extensions with Dumbbells
    TKE with Bands
    Cuban Rotation with Bands

Workout:
    Bench Press

45x5 135x5 185x3 225x2 245x1 265x1 285xfail 230x5x3
    I shouldn't have jumped so high to 285. I got it about halfway up and couldn't lock it out. Glad I was able to finish my sets though.

Box Jump
    30"x5x3
    Tried to land without having to bend my knees so much.

Squat
    45x5 135x5 225x3 315x1 335x1 295x5x3
    First time I've squatted not in oly shoes or with plates under me heels, as I forgot my shoes at home. Stance worked really well. I need to focus on staying tight in my core and driving off of my heels.

Side Plank Row
    37.5x10 42.5x10 47.5x10 (each side)

Read about these in this article
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...agnostic_tests
    Thought I'd give them a try. You really feel them in your obliques. Also saw that my left oblique is slightly weaker.

Conditioning:
    KB Jumps

62lbsx10x5 15 seconds rest

Medicine Ball Slam
    20lbsx10x5 15 seconds rest

Rope Climb Trainer
    10x5 hand over hand pulls 10 seconds rest

Shoulder Stabilization
    44lbsx10 each side

Read about it in this article. My rotator cuff on my right has been bothering me, and this actually helped. I plan to do this more often.
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...rhead_pressing
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

da2ricky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) da2ricky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) da2ricky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) da2ricky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) da2ricky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) da2ricky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) da2ricky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) da2ricky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) da2ricky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) da2ricky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) da2ricky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Awesome session, Bob. I'm diggin' the side plank row, I'm definitely giving that a try this Friday.

Originally Posted by da2ricky View Post
    Awesome session, Bob. I'm diggin' the side plank row, I'm definitely giving that a try this Friday.
    It was kind of weird at first, but i liked it. I think I like renegade rows better, but my oblique definitely felt it. Plus you're getting a back workout into it as well.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

i was thinking the other day - for my summer vacation i will need to take my o lifting shoes as there is no way i could squat without them now...

did it not just feel squishy and horrible???

unlucky with the benching big volume after the fail...
    Sleepy.

da2ricky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) da2ricky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) da2ricky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) da2ricky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) da2ricky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) da2ricky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) da2ricky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) da2ricky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) da2ricky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) da2ricky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) da2ricky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    i was thinking the other day - for my summer vacation i will need to take my o lifting shoes as there is no way i could squat without them now...

I tried to squat in a pair of air max's once... never again lol. If I don't have proper shoes I normally just do it bare foot.

Well I use barefoot running shoes as my gym/running shoes, so it has no cushioning, so i'm ok with the squatting. Yeah I was glad I could hit that volume after the fail. I was worried failing would scre me up with that.

Originally Posted by da2ricky View Post
    I tried to squat in a pair of air max's once... never again lol. If I don't have proper shoes I normally just do it bare foot.
    Yeah my shoes are pretty much like going barefoot. I used to use vibrams five fingers, but merrell have these new shows that are basically the same thing, so i can have the benefits without funky looking shoes haha.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

2/12/13

MMA and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

Warmup:
    10 minutes of jump rope
    Walking Spiderman

Cradle Walks

MMA: Class was about an hour and 15 minutes. Started off with shadow boxing, then did some light shadow boxing with a partner, then worked on muay thai clinches, how to reverse them, how to double reverse them, then we did light sparring for a couple of 5 minute rounds. You had to submit to win. That was brutal. I was one of the heavier guys in there, but there are really good grapplers there.

30 minute break

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: Class was an hour. Started off doing laps around the gym, the hip escapes, then back rolls, then forward rolls. Then we worked on arm bars, then how to get around someone's legs when they are on their back and you are standing, then how to do an americana when getting past that. Then we rolled for a couple of 5 minute rounds. I got my butt kicked. I was the heaviest guy there, so I could usually cheat with my strength with stuff, but there was a little kid there that whooped me good.

edit: also forgot to mention I got this little doozy because someone didn't cut their nails.
    Last edited by BobisMighty; 02-12-2013 at 07:38 PM.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

how can you seriously complain about a little scratch like that!!!
    Sleepy.

how can you seriously complain about a little scratch like that!!!
    Haha its more a comon courtesy thing. When you do mma or jiu jitsu, they always talk about cutting your nails and personal hygeine. I actually didnt notice it until i get home.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ewww scratch ^^^ looks nasty fellow MSC brah. I always cut my nails before i go to the gym.

2/13/13

Accessory lifts and Back

Warmup:
    Exercise Bike 8 minutes (5s sprint 55s medium pace)
    Rolled my glutes with a small medicine ball
    Hip opener with strong long band

I did what this guy does in the beginning of the video with the band. It really opened up my hips.
    Walking spiderman
    Cradle Walk
    Trap 3 Raise
    Shoulder Dislocations
    Band Pullaparts

Workout:
    Power Snatch

135x3
    Should have started lower, so I backed down

Hang Power Snatch
    95x2x3 115x3 135x3 145x3

Clean Pull
    185x5 205x5

Pullups
    BWx10 35lbsx4x5 BWx10
    Upped the weight a little.

Inverted Row
    BWx3x10
    Put my feet up on a box for this one to make it a little harder

Plate Stack Plank (2.5lbs)
    3x5 stacks Each side
    3x5 stacks Each side
    3x5 stacks Each side

Conditioning
    24" Box Jump
    10x5 15 seconds Rest

Wall Ball Throws
    20lbx10x5 15 seconds rest

Exercise Bike
    Tabata Intervals (20s on 10s off)
    5 minutes.

I started doing kettlebell snatches, but it ripped a callus off my hand, so I stopped doing that.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

Awesome workout bob. Those inverted rows are the business!

Page 65 of 109 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast