RyanSam60 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

New to working out

Hey guys - 22 year old here looking to start a routine.

Between a full time job and summer courses for college, I rarely have enough time to do anything - a gym might be difficult. I'm wondering if you guys have any tips or basic routines to help build upper body mass. Also, if anyone has any advise on supplements, that would be great.

Thanks a lot guys!

~Rich

Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000)
    push ups and protein.
    "I'm Mr. Beast, the big bad Fenris wolf, I'm The-End-of-the-World-Man, wearing the flesh of fallen angels!" - Jack Lupino

"after the 3rd set he vomited, after the 4th set, he vomited really, really hard, I did not have him perform a 5th set" - Keith Wassung

Originally Posted by Jack_Lupino View Post
    push ups and protein.
    Is it safe to mix protein and creatine?

Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by RyanSam60 View Post
    Is it safe to mix protein and creatine?
    no and that's why it's in red meat...
    "I'm Mr. Beast, the big bad Fenris wolf, I'm The-End-of-the-World-Man, wearing the flesh of fallen angels!" - Jack Lupino

"after the 3rd set he vomited, after the 4th set, he vomited really, really hard, I did not have him perform a 5th set" - Keith Wassung

Qman87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Qman87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Qman87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Qman87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i dunno if im taking that too literally but you'll wanna take your creatine before working out and protein after. if you mean is it safe to be on both supplements then yes. Just make sure to stay hydrated with creatine

Originally Posted by Qman87 View Post
    i dunno if im taking that too literally but you'll wanna take your creatine before working out and protein after. if you mean is it safe to be on both supplements then yes. Just make sure to stay hydrated with creatine
    Thanks. I down a good deal of water anytime I run (mostly cardio as of now) but didn't know what order to take the supplements in. Thanks!

bigballsbenny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigballsbenny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigballsbenny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigballsbenny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigballsbenny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigballsbenny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigballsbenny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigballsbenny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigballsbenny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigballsbenny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigballsbenny is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    remember u dont have to be in the gym 3 hours a day 5 days a week.. if time is what ur worried about, u only really need 45 mins a day for 3 days a week. this way u will get a lot bigger than just doing home work outs..

as far as supplements go.. protein powder, multi vitamin, fish oil, and maybe creatine if u want. but remember u will only see good results if ur diet is good.

and dont neglect ur lower body.. squats will help u more than u think.

Tsaadon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bigballsbenny View Post
    remember u dont have to be in the gym 3 hours a day 5 days a week.. if time is what ur worried about, u only really need 45 mins a day for 3 days a week. this way u will get a lot bigger than just doing home work outs..

as far as supplements go.. protein powder, multi vitamin, fish oil, and maybe creatine if u want. but remember u will only see good results if ur diet is good.

This ^^

Originally Posted by bigballsbenny View Post

Thanks.

Believe it or not, I live in the middle of nowhere - the nearest gym is over a half hour away from me.

I already take fish oil, and I try and eat well as often as possible. I eat a good deal of yogurt, fish (salmon mostly) pork, beef, fruits and vegetables.

WinG.NuT is a name known to all. (+5000) WinG.NuT is a name known to all. (+5000) WinG.NuT is a name known to all. (+5000) WinG.NuT is a name known to all. (+5000) WinG.NuT is a name known to all. (+5000) WinG.NuT is a name known to all. (+5000) WinG.NuT is a name known to all. (+5000) WinG.NuT is a name known to all. (+5000) WinG.NuT is a name known to all. (+5000) WinG.NuT is a name known to all. (+5000) WinG.NuT is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I STRONGLY suggest that you workout for a couple months before taking creatine. This way you can actually see/feel the differences with and without it.
    MISC Desktop Wallpaper: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148949743

experiencing the f*ck Germinator2000's Avatar
    Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by RyanSam60 View Post
    Hey guys - 22 year old here looking to start a routine.

Between a full time job and summer courses for college, I rarely have enough time to do anything - a gym might be difficult. I'm wondering if you guys have any tips or basic routines to help build upper body mass. Also, if anyone has any advise on supplements, that would be great.
    Dude, forgett about the supplements for now. A decent program and enough calories and protein is all u need to start wiht. Do u have a gym at ur college? If not, u should at minimum buy dumbbells at home. Better yet, add a barbell and bench. Better yet, add a power rack so u can squat.
    Mächtiger als du denkst, Mutterficker.

Originally Posted by Germinator2000 View Post
    Dude, forgett about the supplements for now. A decent program and enough calories and protein is all u need to start wiht. Do u have a gym at ur college? If not, u should at minimum buy dumbbells at home. Better yet, add a barbell and bench. Better yet, add a power rack so u can squat.
    During the regular year I do, but in the summer it's closed.

I have to say, I got a little ahead of myself and purchased some basic creatine and protein from GNC...