RdRookie is on a distinguished road. (+10) RdRookie is on a distinguished road. (+10) RdRookie is on a distinguished road. (+10) RdRookie is on a distinguished road. (+10) RdRookie is on a distinguished road. (+10) RdRookie is on a distinguished road. (+10) RdRookie is on a distinguished road. (+10) RdRookie is on a distinguished road. (+10) RdRookie is on a distinguished road. (+10) RdRookie is on a distinguished road. (+10) RdRookie is on a distinguished road. (+10)

"Fight-shape" Transformation

I'm finally "taking the plunge" and doing this because I need some pointers pertaining to ketogenic dieting, as well as the added accountability/motivation in knowing potentially thousands of people are following/viewing my journey and accomplishments (or lack there of).

With that said, I'm currently attempting (for the past three days) to get into a phase of ketosis. I have fought professionally in mixed martial arts six times. A shoulder injury in mid-March has sidelined me since. Have seen numerous doctors, chiros, massage therapists, D.O.s, all with a different diagnosis and a different treatment plan - NONE of them have worked thus far. However, although I'm not able to train any wrestling or grappling, I can still work my striking as well as all weight training.

Obviously from the pictures, I have put on some poor quality body fat since my last fight four months ago. I was roughly 9% for that fight, and am now around 15%. I am 6'3 and weighed 232 this morning.

I am running a very low dose cycle of test for the SOLE PURPOSE of hopefully aiding in the healing of my shoulder ailment. I am four weeks in with six weeks to go. I only mention that as I expect it to slightly alter any advice given with regard to protein intake.

I currently lift six days per week with splits as follows:

Mon - Back
    Tue - Chest
    Wed - Arms
    Thu - Legs
    Fri - Delts
    Sat - Arms
    Sun - Off

I'm doing my arms twice a week ONLY because my recovery time due to my increased testosterone levels has gone up dramatically.

My ketosis diet (or sorry excuse for one) is as follows:

Meal 1 - 5 whole eggs scrambled w/ a little shredded cheese, 3 pieces turkey bacon, 2 Omega 3-6-9 caps, 1 Flax cap

Meal 2 - 5oz tuna with mustard, celery w/ all natty PB, 2 Omega 3-6-9 caps

Meal 3 (PWO) - 2 scoops whey protein

Meal 4 - 8oz ground turkey, 2 cups green beans, 2 Omega 3-6-9 caps

Meal 5 - 8oz chicken breast, ????? (need a fat to go here)

Meal 6 - 1/2 cup cottage cheese, handful of almonds

Meal 7 (depending on what time I go to bed) - 2 scoops casein protein

Have been doing ZERO cardio to this point, but am going to begin doing so today post-workout. Am going to attempt to get into a good habit of doing so first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, 4-6 days per week.

My body gains fat fast and easy... but when focused, will shed it even faster. In prepping for my last fight, I went from a soft, fat 242 pounds to weighing in at 205 just 9 weeks later, and waking up the morning of the fight already carbed back up to 216. So needless to say, when focused, I know how and am capable of losing body fat/getting in shape. But I really, REALLY want to take full advantage of a ketogenic diet and am admitedly ignorant to many aspects/details of the entire scope of it.

So... critique me!!! Any and all advice and/or opinions and/or criticisms are welcomed!!!

Will post new pics in two to four weeks and will continue to do so, treating this like a journal or personal log of my gains and physical accomplishments. Thanks all!!!
    Attached Images