drive805 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drive805 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drive805 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drive805 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drive805 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drive805 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drive805 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drive805 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drive805 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drive805 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drive805 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

CPR certification

I joined ISSA for my training certification i need to get my CPR/AED. What is the best way to go about it? I have seen different types online, I should be done with my testing in a few weeks, can anyone help thanks.

www.ABFitnessTrainer.com italianplaya30's Avatar
    italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by drive805 View Post
    I joined ISSA for my training certification i need to get my CPR/AED. What is the best way to go about it? I have seen different types online, I should be done with my testing in a few weeks, can anyone help thanks.
    ISSA training certification CPR/AED for first time trainers can not be done online

you must go to http://www.redcross.org/ to find a course near you
    AB Fitness Center
    (The Best Personal Training Gym to Work for in NY)
    Apply Below
    www.ABFitnessCenter.com/career
    Instagram: @abfitness
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) COBrien3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    CPR/AED should only be one 3 or 4 hour class at the most. Its worth it to just take the class in person and not online.
    Fighting misinformation 1 post at a time!

URI - Biological Sciences/Psychology Double Major

---Currently studying for ACSM CPT

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ditto. The first CPR/AED must be hands on. I recommend red cross.
    If life gives you AIDS, make lemonAIDS

ISSA Certified CFT

jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Richie_Awesome View Post
    Ditto. The first CPR/AED must be hands on. I recommend red cross.
    I recommend Red Cross as well. I just got certified by them last week. My class was 8 hours!! (with only 45 min lunch, taught by an 82yr old man who knew his stuff, but was SLOW)

I could not get CPR AED with them alone, I had to get first aid too. Also, my chapter did not offer the AED as part of the CPR/First Aid class, but the instructor stayed after class with me and another girl who was going for PT also and trained us in about 30 minutes. They did not charge extra for this, just make sure if you have to do it this way that they print AED on your card also.
    "Pain is temporary... quitting lasts forever" ~Lance Armstrong

"You only get one shot at life, and as time goes by, days go by, and years go by, you do not get them back. Make time to accomplish what you want in life." ~Rachel Cosgrove

Any time you use the word "try", you may as well replace it with, " I am giving myself an out because I am planning to fail." ~R. Cosgrove

Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't recommend Red Cross.

I do recommend the American Heart Association.
    "I'm Mr. Beast, the big bad Fenris wolf, I'm The-End-of-the-World-Man, wearing the flesh of fallen angels!" - Jack Lupino

"after the 3rd set he vomited, after the 4th set, he vomited really, really hard, I did not have him perform a 5th set" - Keith Wassung

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jentanne View Post
    I recommend Red Cross as well. I just got certified by them last week. My class was 8 hours!! (with only 45 min lunch, taught by an 82yr old man who knew his stuff, but was SLOW)

I could not get CPR AED with them alone, I had to get first aid too. Also, my chapter did not offer the AED as part of the CPR/First Aid class, but the instructor stayed after class with me and another girl who was going for PT also and trained us in about 30 minutes. They did not charge extra for this, just make sure if you have to do it this way that they print AED on your card also.
    Ours was 4 hours. The women instructing was deaf, but she was amazing and knew her stuff.

How was the first aid training?
    If life gives you AIDS, make lemonAIDS

ISSA Certified CFT

drive805 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drive805 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drive805 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drive805 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drive805 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drive805 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drive805 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drive805 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drive805 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drive805 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drive805 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

thanks

i have checked into it, i looked at red cross and American Heart both, they are only offering the practioner course (8 hours) looks like i will have to take that unless i can find something else ....

bigbiff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigbiff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigbiff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigbiff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigbiff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigbiff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigbiff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigbiff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigbiff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigbiff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigbiff is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I just saw your post the red cross is your best bet to get your Cpr/aed I do believe the school is starting to have the option to get it through the school. I just finished mine in January of this year

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=14140068

www.theironmulisha.com

Go Heavy or go Home

~~~Please visit my ProMera Health / Beta Cret Log ~~~
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140910711

arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There's a few things I want to point out here.

1) Others are right that ISSA won't accept online-only certifications. There must be a hands-on component to your CPR certification. There are courses you can take online and then come in to practice and get tested on your skills. This CPR certification class I found online has a tradition class and online blended class option. https://www.primemedicaltraining.com...-certficiation

2) I don't recommend using the Red Cross. Even though ISSA accepts Red Cross, your future employer may not. More and more employers are specifically requiring American Heart Association certifications. So be on the safe side and go with AHA which everyone/anyone will accept. Look for an authorized AHA training center. That company I linked to, Prime Medical Training, is an authorized AHA.

3) An AHA CPR class will take 1.5-3 hours depending on how many people are in the class. Also, whether they are including the Child and Infant CPR modules. Another reason to go with AHA. Much shorter than the 8hr Red Cross classes.

bluebarbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebarbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebarbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebarbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebarbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebarbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebarbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebarbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebarbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebarbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebarbell will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    All the major CPT organizations require CPR/AED be done in-person to my understanding.

arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bluebarbell View Post
    All the major CPT organizations require CPR/AED be done in-person to my understanding.
    Yes, at least part of it has to have a in-person/hands-on component.

nexa712 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi, I want to do this training certification how can I got it. I am glad to see this but where you provide this training certification please tell me.

Registered User Nick4LifeChange's Avatar
    Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Hey Drive,

I might be a little late to this thread.. but i do have some info for you.

There are multiple organizations that train people..
    -American Red Cross
    -American Heart Association

I am a former beach lifeguard and EMT/professional rescuer.

I would suggest getting both done, but for all further training stick with American Red Cross. They have the most diverse and expanded training programs.

Make sure to get qualified by both organizations, different employers different preferences. The higher you go the better. I was considering going AEMT or para.

Feel free to PM me, i can give you lot more info.

Remember to take knees pads for your training, all jokes aside, you will need them.
    I have always been of the opinion that unpopularity earned by doing what is right is not unpopularity at all, but glory.
    -Marcus Tullius Cicero

[18] Who have erred from the truth, saying, that the resurrection is past already, and have subverted the faith of some. [19] But the sure foundation of God standeth firm, having this seal: the Lord knoweth who are his; and let every one depart from iniquity who nameth the name of the Lord.