windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) windclimber is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Particularly stubborn belly and lower back/hip fat

So I'm cruising along at a decent pace on my weight loss/toning regimen. I've been maintaining this last week, considering I was out of town at some high level training where they put ridiculous amounts of delicious fattening food at my grubby little fingertips... but I digress, I managed to maintain. I actually lost a pound.

Anyhow, I'm starting to see some decent toning in my upper abs. Like if I get the right lighting, I can see some definition. But my lower gut and love handles are being terribly problematic. I let myself go in 2009 to the point of stretch marks on my lower back/love handle region. Wouldn't be as depressing if my fiance hadn't come away with NO stretch marks during her pregnancy. Jealous? Hell yea I am.

Aside from the 3 simple steps, is there a targeted way to trim this chub down? I'm considering using one of those neoprene belts to aid in blood flow since I notice those areas are still cool to the touch during my warm up... just not sure if those things are more than a late night tv infomercial gimmick. Any suggestions to target that region and help at all would be greatly appreciated.

315 Bench Soon! GettingfitAgain's Avatar
    GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000) GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000) GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000) GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000) GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000) GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000) GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000) GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000) GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000) GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000) GettingfitAgain is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by windclimber View Post
    So I'm cruising along at a decent pace on my weight loss/toning regimen. I've been maintaining this last week, considering I was out of town at some high level training where they put ridiculous amounts of delicious fattening food at my grubby little fingertips... but I digress, I managed to maintain. I actually lost a pound.

Anyhow, I'm starting to see some decent toning in my upper abs. Like if I get the right lighting, I can see some definition. But my lower gut and love handles are being terribly problematic. I let myself go in 2009 to the point of stretch marks on my lower back/love handle region. Wouldn't be as depressing if my fiance hadn't come away with NO stretch marks during her pregnancy. Jealous? Hell yea I am.

Aside from the 3 simple steps, is there a targeted way to trim this chub down? I'm considering using one of those neoprene belts to aid in blood flow since I notice those areas are still cool to the touch during my warm up... just not sure if those things are more than a late night tv infomercial gimmick. Any suggestions to target that region and help at all would be greatly appreciated.
    If you want to target that area get liposuction.

If you want to do it without surgery, keep lifting, eating < maintenance, get enough protein and cardio if you want.

Your body will decide when its ready to blast that gut away, unfortunately for men its usually last to go.

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by GettingfitAgain View Post
    If you want to target that area get liposuction.

If you want to do it without surgery, keep lifting, eating < maintenance, get enough protein and cardio if you want.

Your body will decide when its ready to blast that gut away, unfortunately for men its usually last to go.
    Yep..

more so. The first place your body accumulates fat, is the last place its gonna go.

I'm at a low enough body fat that all my abs are visible, but I know dudes who have less lower back fat then I do. Or for some reason I don't have much definition in my legs.

Solution? Diet longer/harder.
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

03Venomous is just really nice. (+1000) 03Venomous is just really nice. (+1000) 03Venomous is just really nice. (+1000) 03Venomous is just really nice. (+1000) 03Venomous is just really nice. (+1000) 03Venomous is just really nice. (+1000) 03Venomous is just really nice. (+1000) 03Venomous is just really nice. (+1000) 03Venomous is just really nice. (+1000) 03Venomous is just really nice. (+1000) 03Venomous is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN View Post
    Yep..

more so. The first place your body accumulates fat, is the last place its gonna go.

I'm at a low enough body fat that all my abs are visible, but I know dudes who have less lower back fat then I do. Or for some reason I don't have much definition in my legs.

Solution? Diet longer/harder.
    Exactly! I struggled with lower ab fat for quite some time, still have a tiny bit left. Just keep doing what you're doing. . .