Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Bigzperson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigzperson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigzperson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigzperson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigzperson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigzperson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigzperson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigzperson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigzperson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigzperson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigzperson is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Anyone else scared?

I've been working out for years, but since I started a new program, I have become (nearly) deathly afraid of Burpees. I know, I am a silly little girl about it, But I was wondering a few things:

Does anyone else have an exercise they are 'afraid' of?

Aside from passing the hell out, is there a point too far to push yourself?

Am I just a glutton for punishment?
    -"I can't fix stupid, but I can try to sweat it out of you"
    -'Go BIG or go HOME'
    -"...Forever shall I strive to maintain the tremendous reputation of those who have gone before me..."

Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000)
    lmao.

burpees... seriously dude? wth is there to be afraid of? are you scared of jumping jacks too? you're a freakin' marine fer chrissake...

i suppose i could say i'm afraid of dynamic/oly lifts because i haven't been formally trained or coached in them but that'd be using "afraid" very loosely.
    "I'm Mr. Beast, the big bad Fenris wolf, I'm The-End-of-the-World-Man, wearing the flesh of fallen angels!" - Jack Lupino

"after the 3rd set he vomited, after the 4th set, he vomited really, really hard, I did not have him perform a 5th set" - Keith Wassung

turkey_server is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turkey_server is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turkey_server is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turkey_server is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turkey_server is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turkey_server is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turkey_server is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turkey_server is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turkey_server is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turkey_server is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turkey_server is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm pretty afraid of 20 rep squats.

Dulba is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dulba is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dulba is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dulba is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dulba is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dulba is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dulba is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dulba is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dulba is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dulba is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dulba is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    improper form on any excersize which could result in harming myself, especially in deadlifts for some reason i always ask people if my form is good, if they don't know i tell them how it should look like :P

finaplix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finaplix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finaplix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finaplix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finaplix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finaplix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finaplix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finaplix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finaplix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finaplix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finaplix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i'm afraid of many exercises:deadlifts, bench, squat, bb rows, db rows, push ups, dips pull ups alt. dumbbell curls etc et c etc

Bigzperson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigzperson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigzperson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigzperson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigzperson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigzperson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigzperson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigzperson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigzperson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigzperson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigzperson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Jack_Lupino View Post
    lmao.

burpees... seriously dude? wth is there to be afraid of? are you scared of jumping jacks too? you're a freakin' marine fer chrissake...

i suppose i could say i'm afraid of dynamic/oly lifts because i haven't been formally trained or coached in them but that'd be using "afraid" very loosely.
    Jeez guy, it must be pretty lonely up there at the top of Mt. Olympus all by your awesome self.

Must be nice to rule from your comfort zone, never pushing yourself to the point of near unconsciousness.

You callin' me out Pilgrim? Have YOU been overseas???

Using terms 'loosely' is a really just being AFRAID to commit. En garde!
    -'Go BIG or go HOME'
    -"...Forever shall I strive to maintain the tremendous reputation of those who have gone before me..."

JohnnyZ136 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JohnnyZ136 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JohnnyZ136 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JohnnyZ136 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JohnnyZ136 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JohnnyZ136 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JohnnyZ136 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JohnnyZ136 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JohnnyZ136 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JohnnyZ136 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JohnnyZ136 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Bigzperson View Post
    I've been working out for years, but since I started a new program, I have become (nearly) deathly afraid of Burpees. I know, I am a silly little girl about it, But I was wondering a few things:

Does anyone else have an exercise they are 'afraid' of?

Aside from passing the hell out, is there a point too far to push yourself?

Am I just a glutton for punishment?
    "He who fears something give it power over him"

In the quote i just stated i'm saying that if you let something in the gym become a fear, you will not progress nearly as much as if you just take a deep breath, find your motivation, and go at it hard!! Don't fear something as small as an exercise and if you must find a way to overcome it. gradually do more and more everyday till one day you just decide to face the fear and go at it as long as you can. ADAPT AND OVERCOME !

Push yourself..don't pull yourself away.

This is one military man to another...If you need any help let me know bro. i'm currently in Afghan and overcome new obstacles everyday so i feel ya.

im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    the only thing that I refuse to do out of the "heightened probability of pain/injury" is overhead squats and snatches.

Originally Posted by JohnnyZ136 View Post
    "He who fears something give it power over him"

In the quote i just stated i'm saying that if you let something in the gym become a fear, you will not progress nearly as much as if you just take a deep breath, find your motivation, and go at it hard!! Don't fear something as small as an exercise and if you must find a way to overcome it. gradually do more and more everyday till one day you just decide to face the fear and go at it as long as you can. ADAPT AND OVERCOME !

Push yourself..don't pull yourself away.
    Good call. That's why I always try to beat my time!! It sucks.

You in the Stan right now bro? No need to violate OPSEC, I know the deal. We're all rooting for you guys who are in the fight right now, especially those of us who were in the fight and are now CONUS because the monitor hates us. Get some!
    -'Go BIG or go HOME'

JohnnyZ136 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JohnnyZ136 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JohnnyZ136 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JohnnyZ136 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JohnnyZ136 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JohnnyZ136 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JohnnyZ136 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JohnnyZ136 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JohnnyZ136 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JohnnyZ136 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JohnnyZ136 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Bigzperson View Post
    Good call. That's why I always try to beat my time!! It sucks.

You in the Stan right now bro? No need to violate OPSEC, I know the deal. We're all rooting for you guys who are in the fight right now, especially those of us who were in the fight and are now CONUS because the monitor hates us. Get some!
    Haha i hear ya bro. I'll be CONUS before I know it, you know how time flys. Till then, i'm giving it 110% everyday. Keep your dedication to the goals you set!

Originally Posted by JohnnyZ136 View Post
    Haha i hear ya bro. I'll be CONUS before I know it, you know how time flys. Till then, i'm giving it 110% everyday. Keep your dedication to the goals you set!
    And you keep to the TTP's that are proven to save lives, seek cover, return fire ACCURATELY, and remember - the longer you stay in country, the hotter the girls get...
    -'Go BIG or go HOME'

AdashZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it seems to be just me cuz everyone ive talked to about it thinks im just being a lil bitch... but i think good mornings are f***ing scary. every time i watch someone do them i just imagine them shifting a disk or something. idk why but its just a lift that i feel uncomfortable with and i refuse to do them. my roommate loves them and always asks me to do them with him on back days and i just cant get myself to do them. i feel like i have a bigger chance of hurting myself than gaining anything out of it. i may be wrong but its just how i see it

im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AdashZ View Post
    it seems to be just me cuz everyone ive talked to about it thinks im just being a lil bitch... but i think good mornings are f***ing scary. every time i watch someone do them i just imagine them shifting a disk or something. idk why but its just a lift that i feel uncomfortable with and i refuse to do them. my roommate loves them and always asks me to do them with him on back days and i just cant get myself to do them. i feel like i have a bigger chance of hurting myself than gaining anything out of it. i may be wrong but its just how i see it
    Good Mornings are an amazing exercise, but it can be a risky exercise.

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Squats, since I have tight hams and hips. Lower back seems to round at random.

AdashZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thats what everyone tells me and i definitely believe it because everyone that has told me good mornings are great are experienced lifters... BUT i'm just scared that if i do them at some point i'm gunna try to step up the weight when im not ready for it and hurt myself. its just a risky exercise for me imo. i want to push myself to try them more often but everytime i think about doing them i think "ehhhhhhhh there's plenty of other exercises that i could do that im not scared of"... and then i go do those instead haha :/

ironbelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironbelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironbelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironbelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironbelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironbelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironbelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironbelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironbelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironbelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironbelle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm afraid of the decline bench exercise. Just can't seem to bring myself to do them. When I had a trainer, she would spot me and I was terrified. I workout alone now and will not do them. Terrified as squats also. I had the ACL replaced in my right knee years ago but I am terrified of leg presses and squats. Just have this vision of the joint snapping. Trying to work out this fear but it's hard when I think about the PT I had to go through and how much pain I was in.

Epic Beard Man's Mentor mustangguy1980's Avatar
    mustangguy1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mustangguy1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mustangguy1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mustangguy1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mustangguy1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mustangguy1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mustangguy1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mustangguy1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mustangguy1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mustangguy1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mustangguy1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by finaplix View Post
    i'm afraid of many exercises:deadlifts, bench, squat, bb rows, db rows, push ups, dips pull ups alt. dumbbell curls etc et c etc
    I'm afraid of large typed fonts.
    "Motivation alone is not enough. If you have an idiot and you motivate him, now you have a motivated idiot."

"I have a great diet. You're allowed to eat anything you want, but you must eat it with naked fat people."

glockrockin will become famous soon enough. (+50) glockrockin will become famous soon enough. (+50) glockrockin will become famous soon enough. (+50) glockrockin will become famous soon enough. (+50) glockrockin will become famous soon enough. (+50) glockrockin will become famous soon enough. (+50) glockrockin will become famous soon enough. (+50) glockrockin will become famous soon enough. (+50) glockrockin will become famous soon enough. (+50) glockrockin will become famous soon enough. (+50) glockrockin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    freakin terrified of squats. Not the exercise but how much my legs hurt after (srs would sit in hot tube with alcohol for hours after squat routine if i could!)
    Never lose, Never stop, Never DIE!!!

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Smile

Sort of a "risk versus reward" in some of the exercises that have been mentioned. Squats don't scare me; if I can't make it up from the bottom position, I just dump the bar. Good mornings are awesome, but as with snatches and certain other exercises, there is always the possibility of screwing yourself if you use bad form. All it takes is one split second and then you're toast.

Having said that, what I will NOT do are overhead squats and snatches, not because I'm scared to do them but because I'm very tight in my shoulders and lack the necessary flexibility to do them properly.

Oh, yes, and Lucifer, the almighty malevolent one, is afraid to do squats? THE DEVIL SQUATS, THE LORD SQUATS, AND EVERY TIME YOU DON'T SQUAT BOTH OF THESE DEITIES KILLS A TROLL ON BB.COM!!!!! (Not a bad idea, I might add).
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

xSomeDayx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dead-lifts for me, i have never gone as heavy as i can due to the putting the weight down part, my home gym has no rack so when im spent its hard to keep a straight back when putting the weight down. scared of damaging my back as ive seen too many cases of back injury at gyms that will **** you up permanently

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by im2manly View Post
    the only thing that I refuse to do out of the "heightened probability of pain/injury" is overhead squats and snatches.
    Harden up.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I'm afraid of the dark

Originally Posted by Ironlife View Post
    Harden up.
    Nah guy, my left shoulder is torn and my right I have no idea wtf is wrong with it. Any over head movements feel extremely unstable even military press (even though I do take my viagra and pound a few of those sets out).

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by im2manly View Post
    Nah guy, my left shoulder is torn and my right I have no idea wtf is wrong with it. Any over head movements feel extremely unstable even military press (even though I do take my viagra and pound a few of those sets out).
    Fair enough, your hardcore anyway and train without straps or belts so i like you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50) mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50) mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50) mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50) mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50) mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50) mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50) mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50) mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50) mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50) mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    deadlifts because they tend to bother my ****ed up spinal disc

and push presses because im afraid i'll break my nose/teeth

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ironlife View Post
    Fair enough, your hardcore anyway and train without straps or belts so i like you.
    I use straps.

Will start wearing gloves, Monday onwards because my pretty hands are getting callused.

lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10) lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10) lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10) lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10) lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10) lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10) lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10) lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10) lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10) lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10) lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Deadlift, but only when I first started lifting and doing them, because I was really afraid to mess up my back. Lots of stories about people destroying their backs, etc.

Turns out it's pretty easy, and I've been doing it for over a year with good progress and no injuries. Just gotta remember to leave the ego at home and never lift heavier than you can control 100%.

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by KurtyJ99 View Post
    I'm afraid of the dark
    I know that there is absolutely nothing in the basement at night but you bet your ass I'm gonna flip that light switch before I hit the bottom step.
    Look under your chair. YOU GET A REP, AND YOU GET A REP, REPS FOR EVERYONE! If I get a rep, you get a rep, every time. Give me a link to make my life a little easier.

If you don't give me a link and you didn't post in the thread you rep'd me in, I'm not gonna go searching for you. I'll get everyone on recharge.

creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50) creationd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I will never do pull-overs with an adjustable dumbbell
    friend of mine had the weights slide off and hit him in the face...
    lifting @9000ft bishes!

lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10) lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10) lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10) lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10) lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10) lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10) lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10) lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10) lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10) lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10) lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by creationd View Post
    I will never do pull-overs with an adjustable dumbbell
    friend of mine had the weights slide off and hit him in the face...
    Yeah, damn, that always scares me. That's why I only do dumbbell pullovers with those screw-on locks, and even then I'm completely sure it's really tight before I start.