lange610 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Strength vs Hypertrophy workout

I am new to the bodybuilding website, and i read up on the topic of the week about best rep and set range for buiding muscle. I have been an athlete all my life. I am 6 feet 1 inch tall and weigh 175lbs. Most of my weight and muscle are in my legs. All of my workouts have been geared towards strength. I pitched in highschool and college so i was more worried about leg strength, core strength and shoulder strength. Now that i have just graduated and am finished with baseball competitively. I want to gain mass while not totally losing strength. I know the set and rep ranges are different, but i was wondering what would benefit me the most. I was wondering what everyone thought about doing 1 month of mass building then mixing in 1 to 2 weeks of strength training. Then back to the mass building. My eating habits wouldn't change...Is this a productive idea or not?

pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by lange610 View Post
    I am new to the bodybuilding website, and i read up on the topic of the week about best rep and set range for buiding muscle. I have been an athlete all my life. I am 6 feet 1 inch tall and weigh 175lbs. Most of my weight and muscle are in my legs. All of my workouts have been geared towards strength. I pitched in highschool and college so i was more worried about leg strength, core strength and shoulder strength. Now that i have just graduated and am finished with baseball competitively. I want to gain mass while not totally losing strength. I know the set and rep ranges are different, but i was wondering what would benefit me the most. I was wondering what everyone thought about doing 1 month of mass building then mixing in 1 to 2 weeks of strength training. Then back to the mass building. My eating habits wouldn't change...Is this a productive idea or not?
    I wish I could give you a prescribed set rep combo, but adaptation is limited by nervous system. So someone is going to come in here and give you a set rep combo, and they will swear by it. 4x6-8, 3x8-12, 5x4-6. Some just say keep it in the 6-12, which all are very vague answers. If you wanna gain mass, learn how to periodize your training. So what you need to do is multiple different weeks at different intensities. Something like 10-12 reps weeks 1,8-10 reps week 2, 6-8 week three and 2-6 week 4. You may see dramatic results during the last 2 weeks because when you work at higher intensities, you have less volume, and the previous weeks of damage will be supercompinsating. So the simplest answer I can give you is to alter intensities, and if you stall....take a deload week by using low sets high reps.

grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You may like Layne Norton's Power/Hypertrophy Routine.
    GOMAD!

Jackhouseson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jackhouseson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jackhouseson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jackhouseson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jackhouseson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jackhouseson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jackhouseson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jackhouseson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jackhouseson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jackhouseson has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jackhouseson has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Listen to your body. If you can't lift heavy all the time then do higher reps. Personally I always stay around 5-8 reps but also do drop sets. Its just what works for me. Experiment and see what works best for yourself.