Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    D4rkhorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) D4rkhorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) D4rkhorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) D4rkhorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) D4rkhorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) D4rkhorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) D4rkhorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) D4rkhorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) D4rkhorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) D4rkhorse will become famous soon enough. (+50) D4rkhorse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Tsaadon View Post
    Yea but by gaining strength by adding new muscle mass you loss relative strength which to me is more important then maximum strength, when my strength gains will start slowing down I'll go for some more mass but at the moment I just can't be hassled with trying to bulk. And no cam at the moment to take a video, should have in two weeks.
    You may not want to be hassled with bulking, but I would be very very surprised if you were able to squat 400lbs while weighing 120lbs. I can honestly say I have never seen anyone under my size put ~4 plates on each side. I am not trying to piss in your Cheerios and say you'll never do it, but you're gonna have to put on weight if that's your goal. Your frame almost certainly would not be able to support that weight with proper form.

Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Tsaadon View Post
    Yea but by gaining strength by adding new muscle mass you loss relative strength which to me is more important then maximum strength, when my strength gains will start slowing down I'll go for some more mass but at the moment I just can't be hassled with trying to bulk. And no cam at the moment to take a video, should have in two weeks.
    Not to be a douche, but why are the lighter guys that only people that care about relative strength? I agree that relative strength is important to a point, but there has to be a lower threshhold limit. Relative strength for a 180 lb. lifter could blow me away, because he is lighter than me, yet stonger. Relative strength for someone that weighs 120 lbs. is applauded more out of pity than being impressed. You're still only 120 lbs. and still squat warm-up weight. Trust me, you'll feel the same way when you get up there. Either way good job.

FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    Depending on your weight it shifts. At your weight, you would need to pull about 480 for "elite" category. At my weight, I'd need about 550.

http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLi...Standards.html
    NIIIIICE. Good table man...aparently i dont suck as much as I thought...lol Reps. (or at least once i "spread some more around"
    Last edited by FAO; 06-17-2010 at 10:35 AM.
    FAO

Stay Healthy...

jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mr. Tripeps View Post
    Not to be a douche, but why are the lighter guys that only people that care about relative strength? I agree that relative strength is important to a point, but there has to be a lower threshhold limit. Relative strength for a 180 lb. lifter could blow me away, because he is lighter than me, yet stonger. Relative strength for someone that weighs 120 lbs. is applauded more out of pity than being impressed. You're still only 120 lbs. and still squat warm-up weight. Trust me, you'll feel the same way when you get up there. Either way good job.

Relative strength is a better indicator of athletecism. Find a 170lb guy and a 300lb guy both squatting 450 for a max and the little guy will be faster with better agility and more ups.

On the other hand you have a point that hes squatting a pitifully small amount. Sad that people need a video of a mid 200s squat.
    Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one.

Lift the damn weight, and eat the damn food. It's as hard and as complicated as you make it.

Tsaadon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mr. Tripeps View Post
    Hehe even though I can see your point and you do make sense, I can tell you that personally I prefer relative strength because I find this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maQINqPI7S0, to be much more impressive then being an over-puffed gorilla or squatting 360kg(with no offensive intention toward anyone), 3 years ago I tried to bulk for 4 months, ate 3000-5000(was counting) calories a day, enough proteins, worked out 4 times a week for mass, first month I gained 4kg, second, third and fourth nothing, just like now, bodyweight got stuck at around 55kg and wouldn't budge, even though I was advancing in all other aspects, have 2 brothers and my father with the exact same build as me, 170cm 52-60kg, there's something beyond food here... You know I'd be happy to gain some weight because 55kg is very low, maybe 60kg would be nice, but I still rather be very strong at 60kg, then above average at 80kg, and also in the ring relative strength is a major advantage.

squatnoob405 will become famous soon enough. (+50) squatnoob405 will become famous soon enough. (+50) squatnoob405 will become famous soon enough. (+50) squatnoob405 will become famous soon enough. (+50) squatnoob405 will become famous soon enough. (+50) squatnoob405 will become famous soon enough. (+50) squatnoob405 will become famous soon enough. (+50) squatnoob405 will become famous soon enough. (+50) squatnoob405 will become famous soon enough. (+50) squatnoob405 will become famous soon enough. (+50) squatnoob405 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    heres a good read:
    http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/...engthmyth.html

there will come a time that in order in increase relative strength, you need to add muscle. (gain weight). thats what i did and it works.