Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    usafespinosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usafespinosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usafespinosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usafespinosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usafespinosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usafespinosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usafespinosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usafespinosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usafespinosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usafespinosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usafespinosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great article, im going to give quitting another try, wish me luck!

Scidi is not very well liked. (-100) Scidi is not very well liked. (-100) Scidi is not very well liked. (-100) Scidi is not very well liked. (-100) Scidi is not very well liked. (-100) Scidi is not very well liked. (-100) Scidi is not very well liked. (-100) Scidi is not very well liked. (-100) Scidi is not very well liked. (-100) Scidi is not very well liked. (-100) Scidi is not very well liked. (-100)
    Nice. Smoking is a way to suicide.

Marcobrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcobrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcobrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcobrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcobrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcobrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcobrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcobrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcobrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcobrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcobrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    **** smoking! i hate that ****! Great article

Mobraelite is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mobraelite is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mobraelite is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mobraelite is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mobraelite is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mobraelite is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mobraelite is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mobraelite is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mobraelite is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mobraelite is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mobraelite is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Haven't smokes in 6 months and now I hate the smell of cigarette smoke ugh I wonder how I ever liked it in the frst place

determined22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) determined22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) determined22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) determined22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) determined22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) determined22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) determined22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) determined22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) determined22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) determined22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) determined22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i have quit many times but .....
    every time i quit i relapse and its worse...the last time i quit was for 3 months and when i started back i was smoking double of what i use to!!!
    even after knowing that there is no good at all is gona come from it...i dont stop...i feel like such a douchebag !!! all my friends smoke....dad and even brothers!!...if i stop i get pulled back in....now all i do is think about quitting!
    all you non smokers and who quit lucky b******

AnneStaley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Amazing tips for Quit Smoking.....

Generic Zyban is a medication used to help people to quit smoking. It stops the smoking by reducing the urge of smoking. Generic Zyban is nicotine-free drug used to quit the smoking among the individuals who have failed to quit smoking from other methods. Generic Zyban when used with motivational support techniques and counseling shows the result in less duration.
    For more information regarding this visit => worldpharmarx.com

DirkDickler311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DirkDickler311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DirkDickler311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DirkDickler311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DirkDickler311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DirkDickler311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DirkDickler311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DirkDickler311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DirkDickler311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DirkDickler311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DirkDickler311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What about if you smoke and it never has any effect at all on your cardio (and in fact, your cardio actually gets better)? Thats my problem brahs, it makes quitting ten times harder when you dont really see any effect it has on you, other than a good stress reliever.

Bring On The Pain! MMMKAYMAN1769's Avatar
    MMMKAYMAN1769 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MMMKAYMAN1769 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MMMKAYMAN1769 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MMMKAYMAN1769 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MMMKAYMAN1769 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MMMKAYMAN1769 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MMMKAYMAN1769 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MMMKAYMAN1769 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MMMKAYMAN1769 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MMMKAYMAN1769 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MMMKAYMAN1769 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    amazing article
    6'1'' 206lb

rikkyg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I quit smoking during the week and only had a couple of cigarettes at the weekend with a beer but also 2 joints a night and slightly more at the weekend. I've found myself smoking during the week too now and I know it's because I still smoke pot too excess and that hinders me from quitting cigarettes. I understand smoking is bad in so many ways and it's not helping my BBing. Anyone a stoner in previous life and found an easy way to kick it when 90% of your mates are stoners too? It's hard to do on your own and when my fiance is a stoner too... it seems impossible to get out of the high life.

rikkyg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DirkDickler311 View Post
    What about if you smoke and it never has any effect at all on your cardio (and in fact, your cardio actually gets better)? That's my problem brahs, it makes quitting ten times harder when you don't really see any effect it has on you, other than a good stress reliever.
    It really does have an effect dude. The length of time and quantity smoked will show in the gym. Especially doing cardio. Breathlessness is top of the list in my opinion of 'cons' of smoking whilst going to the gym. When you quit you can go so much further, lift heavier, breathe easier and get more blood into your muscles. It is a huge benefit to quit smoking - especially when you're a heath freak like us all here. It's just a mother****er to quit. Do you smoke bro?

jte918 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb Toothpicks

Chewing on toothpicks realllllly helped me quit. I keep a little pack of toothpicks in my car and one in my purse. Cinnamon toothpicks will also give you a bit of flavor. You'd be surprised how much it helps by just having something to chew on!!

making flavored toothpicks yourself is easy and cheaper, just google it!

iNiRGi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iNiRGi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iNiRGi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iNiRGi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iNiRGi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iNiRGi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iNiRGi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iNiRGi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iNiRGi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iNiRGi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iNiRGi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jte918 View Post
    Chewing on toothpicks realllllly helped me quit. I keep a little pack of toothpicks in my car and one in my purse. Cinnamon toothpicks will also give you a bit of flavor. You'd be surprised how much it helps by just having something to chew on!!

making flavored toothpicks yourself is easy and cheaper, just google it!
    I do the same! I had always smoked menthol ones, depending on the event of day, I will usually have about 5 a day on a reg day, to anywhere to a pack when I'm 'social drinking'. Ive started just having around mint picks around in my wallet to help me with that mint taste.

MissTiffany2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
    The number of bodybuilders or fitness enthusiasts out there who smoke is suprisingly high. I've seen many gym patrons having a post-workout cigarette instead of a shake or I run into them at a bar and see them ligthing up every time they go to suck back a cold one. I myself was one of these people, I smoked for close to 10 years, many of those years while playing multiple sports and bodybuilding as well. And although I was seeing gains in the gym, I still had a major flaw in my lifestyle, I was a "pack a day" smoker. Shortness of breath and low stamina were the worst, and later I would find out that my gains would have been even greater had I not smoked. But never the less I did end up quitting, for any of you on here who do happen to smoke, even just casually, I urge you to stop. Here's how I did it.

Find a reason to quit! If it's to save money, look better or smell better, just find a reason. No matter how trivial the reason may be, any reason that will cause you to quit is a good one.

1. Stop right now! Don't set a quit date because too many times I've set a quit date and ended up pushing it back to the point where I had smoked another week/month/year and so on. If you wanna quit, no time like the present.

2. Get rid of all the cigarettes around you! If you have a carton or a couple of packs in your house, get rid of them. It's too easy to say, "Well, I'll just smoke this last pack." Then before you know it, you've started smoking again. This may be hard if you live with someone who smokes, in this case they should keep them away from you and be supportive of your needs.

3. Avoid cues to smoke! If you always smoke at the bar, don't go there for a while. If you always smoke with a beer or coffee, stay away from those two. I had to give up beer for a while, but sooner or later you'll be able to have a beer without the need for a nicotine fix.

4. Work Out! Hey all of us do this already, so we know about the flood of endorphins we get during exercise. Something we definitely want in absence of our favourite stimulant.

5. Replace smoking with another activity! I chewed gum. Whenever I had a craving, I chewed a piece of REGULAR gum! Those quit smoking gums are nasty! Try to find something that you can do to replace your habit like chewing gum or drinking a glass of water.

6. Think to yourself, "I will not have a cigarette today" rather than, "I will never have a cigarette ever again." It's easier to take things one day at a time than telling yourself that you will never have something ever again. Pretty soon those days add up and they'll turn into years of smoke free living.

After I quit, I noticed a difference within a couple of days. My taste buds were back and I could actually smell again (Which is both good and bad). Within a month I had gained an additional15 lbs. which was good because I had been lifting the whole time, so most of the gains were muscle. I felt a lot stronger in the gym and my stamina was good. Smoking has been known to raise cortisol in some people, there by depriving them of better muscle gains. Plus, the lack of beer in my diet probably helpd out as well.

For a while, I was a social misfit, a hermit of sorts, but the pros definitely outweigh the cons. Now, I can have a beer and hang out with people who smoke and not be tempted. There are times when I really want to have a cigarette, but those cravings last no longer than a minute. If you do slip up and smoke, get back on the horse and quit again. It took me numerous times of trial and error to actually quit, so don't get discouraged. As bodybuilders and athletes the effects cigarettes on the body can be extremely counterproductive. Indeed, the greatest thing I ever did to further my progress was to quit smoking. I haven't had a cigarette in a year, not a single one, don't fall into the trap of thinking that "One cigarette won't kill you!" It may not, but the problem is, that one cigarette could turn into a pack every day.

For those of you who don't smoke, I envy you, don't ever start!
    Be an example for others, become Mister Europe EuroNations. Subscriptions opened on official WebSite!

ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Apart from the obvious that cigarettes are bad for one's health, it does also have an impact on one's cardiovascular endurance. Anyhow, I've heard of what they call e-cigarettes. I heard it's so far the most effective smoking cessation device. Well that's what I heard but I'm not 100% sure about that. I mean, can these things really help someone quit smoking?
    -=*That Gal Zoey*=-

Kapeesh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kapeesh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kapeesh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kapeesh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kapeesh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kapeesh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kapeesh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kapeesh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kapeesh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kapeesh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kapeesh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was never a serious smoker but i could tell the difference when working out. Now that i have stopped i feel more healthy and more to look forward to everytime i hit the gym

YankinDeez will become famous soon enough. (+50) YankinDeez will become famous soon enough. (+50) YankinDeez will become famous soon enough. (+50) YankinDeez will become famous soon enough. (+50) YankinDeez will become famous soon enough. (+50) YankinDeez will become famous soon enough. (+50) YankinDeez will become famous soon enough. (+50) YankinDeez will become famous soon enough. (+50) YankinDeez will become famous soon enough. (+50) YankinDeez will become famous soon enough. (+50) YankinDeez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    smoke cigs or weed?

daedaluz will become famous soon enough. (+50) daedaluz will become famous soon enough. (+50) daedaluz will become famous soon enough. (+50) daedaluz will become famous soon enough. (+50) daedaluz will become famous soon enough. (+50) daedaluz will become famous soon enough. (+50) daedaluz will become famous soon enough. (+50) daedaluz will become famous soon enough. (+50) daedaluz will become famous soon enough. (+50) daedaluz will become famous soon enough. (+50) daedaluz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I used to see people smoking outside the gym door.
    If that was me I would feel embarrassed, standing outside a place of bodily health fitness while destroying your body.

Nhojjojhn25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nhojjojhn25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nhojjojhn25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nhojjojhn25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nhojjojhn25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nhojjojhn25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nhojjojhn25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nhojjojhn25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nhojjojhn25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nhojjojhn25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nhojjojhn25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

To quit smoking you just need to get past the fist two weeks, without any ***s, then it's much easier , I promise, You will feel incredible!

SeanMcShane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanMcShane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanMcShane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanMcShane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanMcShane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanMcShane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanMcShane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanMcShane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanMcShane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanMcShane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanMcShane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was a 10-a-day smoker for 4 years and stopped on the 1st Jan 2012 and relapsed for 3 weeks in March before stopping again. I found it helpful to change my perspective on smoking:

Despite all the threats of health risks involved and the smell accompanied with the shame of being a smoker (most smokers may like smoking but they don't really want to smoke) I did not stop - on its own this was not enough.

What really made me okay to stop was to realise that I wasn't 'quitting' anything. I was releasing myself from a nicotine addiction, similar to any alchol or drug related addiction.

If I'm not mistaken the nicotine takes about 72hours to be close to flushed out of your bloodstream after which it becomes much easier to abstain. The problem is that most people relapse at around the 3 week period due to a number of reasons:

The typical one is alcohol (I smoked with alcohol by association and also when drunk you can't taste the cig as much) - this one got me, but it won't happen again.
    A sense of feeling like you are 'missing out' on something and other smokers look so happy puffing away - remember how you felt when you were smoking with the associated guilt and the want to stop but not really being able to commit from abstaining... then don't do it. Also consider that once you have stopped smoking you are a full member of the non-smokers club (not that you are on the road to quitting or progressing etc, you are actually now, from the minute of your last cig, a non-smoker). As a non-smoker, why the phuck would you want to start smoking?

Hope this might help some of you and for any of you interested, the book that helped me was Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking. Just google it for the free pdf (I can't post links up yet)

Good luck to future non-smokers

NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10) NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10) NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10) NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10) NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10) NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10) NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10) NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10) NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10) NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10) NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I used champix to help me quit and it really helped although its expensive though its 60$ for 2 weeks and you have to take it for 8. But like I said it worked for me and my father and he had been smoking for 30 years. If you tried everything and nothing works ask your doctor about it, in canada its called Champix and in the states its called Chantix could be the other way around i cant remember lol.

CaraG73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You have to practice what you preach. You cannot be a health nut and use tobacco at the same time. I learned this a long time ago!

TheSpyder360.com JonathanCSmith's Avatar
    JonathanCSmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I quit smoking over 6 years ago. I went from almost 2 packs a day to not smoking at all. The reason I quit was for my family. My daughter and wife moved to the US from Argentina. I didn't want to influence them with my bad habit, and I hated the smell of smoke. But the nicotine was incredibly addictive.

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is that your reason matters to you. If it motivates you to stop then I encourage you to use it.

My other suggestion is not to exchange one addition for another, like running in place of smoking. While running is a beneficial activity, if you stop running that can lead you back to your old habit.

From an experienced smoker of more than 18 years! I quit when I was 30. I am now 36.
    Jonathan Smith
    Inventor of The Spyder 360™

Office - 800.780.1578
    Skype - TheSpyder360
    Web - www.TheSpyder360.com
    Jonathan.Smith@TheSpyder360.com
    Instagram | ******** | Twitter | Pinterest | LinkedIn

gericon will become famous soon enough. (+50) gericon will become famous soon enough. (+50) gericon will become famous soon enough. (+50) gericon will become famous soon enough. (+50) gericon will become famous soon enough. (+50) gericon will become famous soon enough. (+50) gericon will become famous soon enough. (+50) gericon will become famous soon enough. (+50) gericon will become famous soon enough. (+50) gericon will become famous soon enough. (+50) gericon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When I read this, there is voice in my haed saying :You NEED to quite SMOKiNG

SplitFire007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Damn. Somehow this article realllyy hitt me because of the two facts in your post
    1. Pack a day smoker (me too)
    2. 10-years of smoking ( Ive been smoking for 9years now). 1-more year and i'll hit double digits! ****ing ****

CinefitLove is a complete loser! (-2000) CinefitLove is a complete loser! (-2000) CinefitLove is a complete loser! (-2000) CinefitLove is a complete loser! (-2000) CinefitLove is a complete loser! (-2000) CinefitLove is a complete loser! (-2000) CinefitLove is a complete loser! (-2000) CinefitLove is a complete loser! (-2000) CinefitLove is a complete loser! (-2000) CinefitLove is a complete loser! (-2000) CinefitLove is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Support.

The best decision i have ever made.

Ex 10 year smoker to over 2 years dry now.
    I do not remember anything about anything about smoking, nothing makes me crave for it and nothing can break me to rebound, cause there is nothing to miss.
    ****ty habit with no benefits whatsoever

skinters is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinters is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinters is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinters is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinters is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinters is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinters is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinters is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinters is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinters is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinters is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Sonny View Post

1. Stop right now! Don't set a quit date because too many times I've set a quit date and ended up pushing it back to the point where I had smoked another week/month/year and so on. If you wanna quit, no time like the present.
    Thats what i did..no fanfare or picking a date just quit.

You know when you want to quit, you just get sick of it.

SwolenBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwolenBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwolenBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwolenBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwolenBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwolenBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwolenBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwolenBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwolenBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwolenBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwolenBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yes going cold turkey is by the the best way! congrats to anyone who has quit smoking!

It's a pointless expensive habit, I still indulge in the occasional one when I'm out drinking but very rarely.

Malvenx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malvenx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malvenx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malvenx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malvenx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malvenx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malvenx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malvenx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malvenx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malvenx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malvenx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I always buy cigs when I start to drink alcohol. I feel its a never ending cycle. I hope I can stop soon.

supergenie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Really Nice artical ... and you know I quit smoking too ... Feels like a great achivement :-)

jaydee16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great read. Never easy giving up anything.