BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Drinking alcohol on Keto?

How detrimental is alcohol while on keto? I do tend to have some drinks once a week (depending on the occasion, sometimes more). Being in a catabolic state, muscle will be the first thing to go - correct? Will it be that bad for me?

Comments?

bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bendosia has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just look at it this way. Alcohol, particularly beer, has carbs in it. In addition, it is a carb that is not usable by your body. So in addition to being a carb, it is empty calories. If you are on a keto or low carb diet, you can imagine the effect that will have on your diet. I have heard that the clear alcohols do not have carbs while the darker/browner alcohols do, but take that with a grain of salt.

I have also noticed that alcohol has a magnified effect on me when I am eating low carb/keto. It may be due to the fact I have less food to absorb the alcohols or that I get inebriated pretty quickly. Whatever the reason, I would be careful if you are going to drink, it may have the same effect on you as it does on me.

chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    definitely stay away from beer (obviously). If you are going to drink, stick with white wine or hard liquor (whiskey, gin) as neither contain carbs (according to fitday). It is still empty calories however- fitday tells me each standard shot of whiskey is around 100kcal. 4 or 5 add up really quickly!

Ketogenic and Bionic. BritishFighter's Avatar
    BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've been drinking whiskey almost every night for the past few weeks.....I'm not an alcoholic, I swear.....and my bodyfat is still dropping......but I'm in a large caloric deficit, and I'm lifting heavy.....so it doesn't seem to matter.

Personally, I think Vodka and Whiskey are harmless in moderation.....Especially when mixed with something like Diet Coke....if you can afford the calories.

But, as I've said before....it's all about where you are, and where you want to be. I'm in the single digits of BF now, so it doesn't hurt that much.....but if you've got a lot to lose, it would be best to avoid alcohol, because all it will do is slow you down.

www.undergroundnutritionist.com

ImpendingDoom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImpendingDoom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImpendingDoom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImpendingDoom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImpendingDoom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImpendingDoom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImpendingDoom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    for me personally alcohol has always been a hindrance to weight loss. When i decide to cut it out of my weekend regimen i notice the weight comes off a lot faster, but that is probably do to the fact when I drink I pig out as well.

BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BloodBaneZXY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'll try to keep it as moderate as possible, but I'm in the middle of wedding season, so lots of family will be coming from various parts of the globe - so I may have to induldge a little bit. That being said I'll stick to whiskey + diet coke (my drink of choice anyways)

FitnessJunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitnessJunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whenenver I go out to have some drinks with friends I stick with the hard alcohol mixed with diet coke. There are some low carb beers that have around 2.5g carbs. I just tried Michelob Ultra last weekend (2.5g carbs I believe) and it wasn't actually that bad.
    EC

"Good things come to those who wait, but are the leftovers from those who hustle"

"Work beyond the burn. The body gives up only when the mind does"

"I'll call your burn and raise you another rep"

MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hard liquor has no carbs in it, but lipolysis will slow down while you expend the energy from the ethanol, knocking you out of ketosis. Once all the energy is used up and the byproducts filtered out, you'll go right back into ketosis.

BobTinkler is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just stick to Whiskey, neat is best but if low on energy, Whiskey with diet coke is always a winner, beers are always going to be carb heavy its how they are made. Food wise, just grab a load of stuff of amazon.com or sites like carbfreezone.com although they tend to list net carbs which is a fiddle