Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    stranger1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stranger1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stranger1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stranger1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stranger1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stranger1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stranger1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stranger1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stranger1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stranger1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stranger1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Keto novice - tips/help welcomed!!!

ok so over the weekend i did alot of research on the keto diet (which id never heard of til i noticed something on bb.com). I love changing my diet and gym plan. It always keeps me motivated and gives me a new focus (i get bored easy).

There are a few things on the diet im still not sure about.

Eg do you have to train a specific way... and do pre and post workout meals still matter?
    I normally train first thing in the morning before work so not sure if its ok to train on an empty stomach or should i get up earlier and eat something...

I weighed myself this morning and I was 132lbs and had 20.2% bodyfat.
    I would like to weigh 126lbs but more importantly get my body fat down to 15%.

I have worked out that my daily calorie intake should be 1320.
    Based on the keto I will be aiming for 95g fat, 99g protein, 17g carbs.
    (hopefully you will correct me if this is not right)

DAY1
    I have to admit I found it hard today trying to increase my fat intake. normally Im concentrating on the protein. But I am sure like anything it takes a few days to get used to it and I will know what foods to eat.
    Not sure if it is related to my lack of carbs today but my stomach has been aching since lunch time. Is this common?

May balance for today was fat 67%, carbs 4%, and protein 28% total calories was 1364.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing some progress!

Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Just wanted to post my support! You and I are starting the same day. Let's make it work!

Working hard, so focused. mgalli921's Avatar
    mgalli921 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mgalli921 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mgalli921 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mgalli921 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mgalli921 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mgalli921 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mgalli921 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mgalli921 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mgalli921 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mgalli921 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mgalli921 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by stranger1982 View Post
    ok so over the weekend i did alot of research on the keto diet (which id never heard of til i noticed something on bb.com). I love changing my diet and gym plan. It always keeps me motivated and gives me a new focus (i get bored easy).

There are a few things on the diet im still not sure about.

Eg do you have to train a specific way... and do pre and post workout meals still matter?
    I normally train first thing in the morning before work so not sure if its ok to train on an empty stomach or should i get up earlier and eat something...

I weighed myself this morning and I was 132lbs and had 20.2% bodyfat.
    I would like to weigh 126lbs but more importantly get my body fat down to 15%.

I have worked out that my daily calorie intake should be 1320.
    Based on the keto I will be aiming for 95g fat, 99g protein, 17g carbs.
    (hopefully you will correct me if this is not right)

DAY1
    I have to admit I found it hard today trying to increase my fat intake. normally Im concentrating on the protein. But I am sure like anything it takes a few days to get used to it and I will know what foods to eat.
    Not sure if it is related to my lack of carbs today but my stomach has been aching since lunch time. Is this common?

May balance for today was fat 67%, carbs 4%, and protein 28% total calories was 1364.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing some progress!
    On keto I don't think it matters I have one intensity and it's hard... work out like you normally do and mix in cardio via HIIT (High intensity interval training) Pre workout I'm usually on an empty stomach, I work best this way, I take my supps and go to town, plus while lifting I sip on Xtend (BCAAs) and it curves my appetite, along with my EC stack. Post workout I'll have a protein shake... and if I'm hungry a few eggs, but I try to stay away from fat post workout.

Empty stomach is up to you, if you feel weak and fatigued, eat something, personally like above I said between my EC stack and Xtend, I don't have an appetite and have wicked lifts

Also the food style is a lot different you can eat cheeses pepperoni mmmmm ha your macros look good, just don't go above 20g carbs daily...

Aching not sure about the extra fat may get you a little gassy (sp) in the beginning I know the pepperoni did for me ha... but should go away.
    You will feel a few side effects the first few days, weak etc. but it's just your body going from using carbs to fats basically and by the end of the first week you'll be solid.

Good luck and hope to see some good progress!
    Ask away if any other Qs arise!

stranger1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stranger1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stranger1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stranger1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stranger1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stranger1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stranger1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stranger1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stranger1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stranger1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stranger1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mgalli921 View Post
    On keto I don't think it matters I have one intensity and it's hard... work out like you normally do and mix in cardio via HIIT (High intensity interval training) Pre workout I'm usually on an empty stomach, I work best this way, I take my supps and go to town, plus while lifting I sip on Xtend (BCAAs) and it curves my appetite, along with my EC stack. Post workout I'll have a protein shake... and if I'm hungry a few eggs, but I try to stay away from fat post workout.

Empty stomach is up to you, if you feel weak and fatigued, eat something, personally like above I said between my EC stack and Xtend, I don't have an appetite and have wicked lifts

Also the food style is a lot different you can eat cheeses pepperoni mmmmm ha your macros look good, just don't go above 20g carbs daily...

Aching not sure about the extra fat may get you a little gassy (sp) in the beginning I know the pepperoni did for me ha... but should go away.
    You will feel a few side effects the first few days, weak etc. but it's just your body going from using carbs to fats basically and by the end of the first week you'll be solid.

Good luck and hope to see some good progress!
    Ask away if any other Qs arise!
    Thanks for the info, really helped.

Day 2 - no hunger....

So got up nice and early this morning and hit the gym before work.
    Did back and arms workout then went on the treadmill for 30 mins, had intended to take it easy, but surprisingly I felt full of energy...... may it last!

Again around 5pm today my stomach feels abit achey, hope it goes away.

My calories today were 1304

Fat: 97.5 (67%)
    Carbs: 16.3 (5%)
    Protein: 89.9 (28%).

So far so good.

day 3 - lost 3 lb!

well just weighed myself and im 129lb compaed to 132lb on monday! this could just be water loss??
    Will measure my bodyfat on Monday.

I have found that today I wasnt hungry at all, the thought of food kind even turned me. (this is soo not like me as I do love my grub).

Today my macros were 63% fat, 30% protein, 7% carbs.

I even got to give myself a treat - shared a green and blacks 70% dark choc bar with my BF.

Is it true I have to wait til the second week for my first carb up....... been looking forward to it.

mgalli921 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mgalli921 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mgalli921 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mgalli921 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mgalli921 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mgalli921 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mgalli921 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mgalli921 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mgalli921 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mgalli921 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mgalli921 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    well just weighed myself and im 129lb compaed to 132lb on monday! this could just be water loss??
    Will measure my bodyfat on Monday.

I have found that today I wasnt hungry at all, the thought of food kind even turned me. (this is soo not like me as I do love my grub).

Today my macros were 63% fat, 30% protein, 7% carbs.

I even got to give myself a treat - shared a green and blacks 70% dark choc bar with my BF.

Is it true I have to wait til the second week for my first carb up....... been looking forward to it.

you're better off waiting for the second week soley because you're body will then recognize what ketosis is... if you carb up too soon you may lose the ketosis state...

however when your body establishes ketosis and is in it, even if you eat carbs for a day and hop right back on the diet the next, you're body will re recognize it

also carbs may bloat you, you lose the most in the first few weeks

Originally Posted by mgalli921 View Post
    you're better off waiting for the second week soley because you're body will then recognize what ketosis is... if you carb up too soon you may lose the ketosis state...

however when your body establishes ketosis and is in it, even if you eat carbs for a day and hop right back on the diet the next, you're body will re recognize it

also carbs may bloat you, you lose the most in the first few weeks

Looks like il have to hold off!!

thanks

Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I see you created a log ! congrads on choosing keto !!!!

It may seem rough in the beginning but, you have good things to come.

I have been on it for about 6 weeks and am starting to look an feel better...even though that past few days I have been slacking because I dont feel well..
    The scientific and practical amount of carbohydrate needed in the diet is ZERO -- NONE. Dietary carbohydrates are not a requirement in any body function. In fact it appears that the lower the carbohydrate level in the diet the better the long-term health. Age-related degenerative diseases are caused by high levels of carbohydrates in the diet. One can be on a very low or zero-carbohydrate diet indefinitely as has been shown by the study of many primitive societies.

cnparong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cnparong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cnparong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cnparong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cnparong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cnparong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cnparong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cnparong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cnparong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cnparong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cnparong has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Good luck on the keto... i started mine this month.

Check out this website for some food ideas: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/

Day 4 - hi fellow ketoers!!

hi boochie and hi cnparong.

This forum really does help especially when you hear all the success storys! gives me motivation to keep going and aim for that 6 pack!!

Went to the gym this morning. Was lifting what i normally would but tried to do 20mins on the stairmaster normally i could force the last 10 mins hiit. But no chance had to try and take it easy as thought i was going to topple off. Other than that havnt been feeling anymore tired than normal.

Just after enjoying a juicy sirloin steak for dins followed by some 85% dark choc (100g of it only has 16g carbs and 60g of fat) so had 25g.

ended up taking in abit more calories than normal today but did sweat like crazy in the gym so im sure its not too bad.

Macros today

Calories 1418
    Fat 101.8 (71%)
    Protein 80.2 (24%)
    Carbs 14.5 (4%)

Off to bed up early in the morning for a back and arms workout (Im excited sad i know - but really enjoy working out my back - plus think il leave the cardio out)

night night!

Ketostix - im curious!!!!!

Ok so i hadnt intended on using these keto stix, but 5 days in Im now thinking I should.....

just incase worse case scenario - im doing this diet all wrong!!!!!!! but then on the other hand I might get disheartend if I find out im not in ketosis.

OHHHH what to do?

Plus, can you buy them in normal chemists?

Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    cant wait for progress pics...

Registered User moonshinebabe33's Avatar
    moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok so i hadnt intended on using these keto stix, but 5 days in Im now thinking I should.....

just incase worse case scenario - im doing this diet all wrong!!!!!!! but then on the other hand I might get disheartend if I find out im not in ketosis.

OHHHH what to do?

Plus, can you buy them in normal chemists?
    yes you can buy them in chemists although they may question you on it, they have been known to be a bit 'funny' about dishing them out, and they tend to keep them out the back so you have to ask for them.......I had fun and games getting mine.

But, mine were a waste of time tbh, i was so hydrated all the time it rarely showed anything on the stix............so its a judgement call really.................xx
    Euphoria is a heightened feeling of happiness :-)

Originally Posted by Mr.NoPrint View Post
    cant wait for progress pics...
    took pictures in feb when i was 14lb heavier! still dont have the nerve to put them on! lol

We'll see.

took pictures in feb when i was 14lb heavier! still dont have the nerve to put them on! lol

We'll see.
    do ittttt!!!! I was scared too but feels great..

Originally Posted by moonshinebabe33 View Post
    yes you can buy them in chemists although they may question you on it, they have been known to be a bit 'funny' about dishing them out, and they tend to keep them out the back so you have to ask for them.......I had fun and games getting mine.

But, mine were a waste of time tbh, i was so hydrated all the time it rarely showed anything on the stix............so its a judgement call really.................xx
    I think il maybe leave it I feel pretty good at the mo and do drink tons of water so wouldnt want to get myself done about it! lol

alcohol tonight!!!

Ok so tonight is saturday night and my partner and friends have decided to go out. We havnt hit the town in ages and I dont normally drink too much.

Has this is my first weekend on keto I wasnt going to do a carb up. Is the alcohol going to knock all my hard work out over the past week??
    I intend to drink gin and diet tonic.

I put todays meal plans including the alcohol into fitday and its coming up like this! eek. No where near 65% fat?

Fat (35%) Carbs (2%)
    Protein (17%) Alcohol (46%)

Had a great day yesteday ate some lamb chops with green beans for dinner and had desert of sugar free jelly and fresh double cream!! Felt like such a treat!

Plus tomorrow is fathers day in the uk and my family and I were going to get a chinese. Is there anything kind of keto friendly I cud order........ Why couldnt this be next week on my carb up!!

thank goodness the weekend is over and my first keto week.

So first week over and think it went well.
    Will be checking my weight and bodyfat tomorrow.

I think I might be eating too much cheese??? But not sure how else to get my fat content up.

Didnt keep a record of my macronutrients today as was at a barbeque.
    It was keto heaven, meat everywhere. I just avoided the burger buns!

Havnt been to the gym in 2 days so i am itching to get back in the morning. So off to bed for an early night. (head abit sore)!?

Yes.....I'm that wrestler MASSter's Avatar
    MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So first week over and think it went well.
    Will be checking my weight and bodyfat tomorrow.

I think I might be eating too much cheese??? But not sure how else to get my fat content up.

Didnt keep a record of my macronutrients today as was at a barbeque.
    It was keto heaven, meat everywhere. I just avoided the burger buns!

Havnt been to the gym in 2 days so i am itching to get back in the morning. So off to bed for an early night. (head abit sore)!?
    Congrats on 1 week down. It only gets better from here. Many people have issues with cheese holding back weight loss. You will know after a few weeks but in the meantime I wouldn't make cheese a staple. Easy ways to get fat up.....heavy whipping cream(added to scrambled eggs, coffee, protein drink, etc.), olive oil on salad or veggies, cooking eggs and meat in butter or oil(if you aren't doing that already.

Told off by a cheeky chemist!!!!

Ok, so on my lunch I thought Id go and buy ketostix from a chemist.

When I asked did they have any she said they could order them in but in her words

"If its for a diet ketones are dangerous in the body and you should consult your doctor if you are showing signs of them, plus they dont breakdown fat they breakdown your muscle"!

I was shocked at how rude this woman was!! Think il order them online! lol

dunkin13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

stix

I found mine at walmart. I am not sure if there is a walmart near where you are but they where around $7. here is a link to them.

ww.walmart.com/ip/Reli-On-Ketone-Test-Strip/13037592

good luck stranger1982

Thumbs up Day 8 - weigh in

After just a week on the keto diet I have lost 3lbs and my bodyfat has came down from 20.2% to 17.7%. Couldnt believe this when i saw it!!!

I have been sticking to the correct keto percentages but think I need review my calories as not entirely sure how much I should be eating.

I am starting to experiment abit with recipes and meal times are turning out not to be sooo boring.

Im looking for some ideas for an egg and bacon free breakfast!

Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Congrats on getting week 1 in the books! I'm right there with ya!

How long do you plan on staying on this diet? I'm shooting for 12 weeks but may stop if I hit my goals before then. So far so good!

Originally Posted by Supfreak26 View Post
    Congrats on getting week 1 in the books! I'm right there with ya!

How long do you plan on staying on this diet? I'm shooting for 12 weeks but may stop if I hit my goals before then. So far so good!

Thinking 12 weeks max myself. I miss just going into the fridge and lifting an apple, orange etc. Ive always been a pretty healthy eater so am still struggling abit with the fat intake. But it clearly does work. Ill see how i go in a few weeks.

moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok, so on my lunch I thought Id go and buy ketostix from a chemist.

When I asked did they have any she said they could order them in but in her words

"If its for a diet ketones are dangerous in the body and you should consult your doctor if you are showing signs of them, plus they dont breakdown fat they breakdown your muscle"!

I was shocked at how rude this woman was!! Think il order them online! lol
    I said you would have trouble!! lol

Honestly tho, I really wouldnt bother with them. If you are losing weight why get bogged down with whether you are in ketosis or not?

Thinking 12 weeks max myself. I miss just going into the fridge and lifting an apple, orange etc. Ive always been a pretty healthy eater so am still struggling abit with the fat intake. But it clearly does work. Ill see how i go in a few weeks.
    Mine worked out to be about 12 weeks when i started to introduce other foods. I really dont know how people can stick to this for longer! I know it has made me want to eat tree bark before now and my carb ups have been horrendous and i think THAT has caused my body MORE damage than being on a balanced diet of carbs protein and fat.
    As as result of the keto diet i end up painfully bloated from my carbs ups - each week has got worse and worse!!! My body has been so unbalanced it made me ill last week.

Anyway everyone is different and what might work for you might not work for me, but for now im saying bye byes to keto!!

Still going to keep any eye on your thread tho!

Originally Posted by moonshinebabe33 View Post
    I said you would have trouble!! lol

Honestly tho, I really wouldnt bother with them. If you are losing weight why get bogged down with whether you are in ketosis or not?
    Curiousity got the better of me..... Tested it today and am only showing traces.
    Will try not to obsess over it! ;-)

Im pretty sure that you will get just as good results following a more normal diet plan as long as its coupled with the right fitness plan. Will have to see how i feel after my carb up this weekend. If im going to feel rubbish I cant see me continuing on. But keep stopping by to see.

Watch this space. lol

maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxedout916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It doesnt matter if it is only traces showing on the Ketostix...if you are in Ketosis then you are in...the color just depends on how many Ketones are exiting the body.

Soon you will be able to tell when your body is in without the stix...but as said before...if you are still losing fat it is good but you definitely want to keep your body in Ketosis as much as you can.

Looks like you are doing a great job so far! Check out my log sometime and feel free to ask any questions you have.
    "500 fights, that's the number I figured when I was a kid. 500 street fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate tough guy. You need them for experience. To develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then, after, you realize that's what you are."

Day 10 - need help with getting an accurate bodyfat measurement.

Ok so I though id test my bodyfat again today as didnt believe it could really be 17.7%. And guess what it wasnt lol. It was 20.9% I think it has something to do with me being all sweaty after a gruesome hiit session.... I use a machine in the gym where you grip the handles and stand on the platform. Anyone know how accurate this is???

When I first started keto I struggled with gettn my food calories and fat up. Now Im struggling to keep them under. Ive found food i really like and cant stop flipn eating it!lol

Food for today:

Post WO - ON whey
    breakfast - 2 eggs, butter and 2 bacon (omega 3 supplement)
    snack - 25g almonds
    lunch - lamb kebab skewers and sugar free jelly
    Dinner - 2 burgers (no bun) onions and mushrooms fried in butter, cucumber, 15g cheese
    snack - 15g 92% cocoa dark chocolate. (Lindt beand has only 14g carbs per 100g)

Usually vary the main meals day to day and include brocolli, courgette and asparagus as my other veg.

If theres anything that looks totally wrong here let me know!