216. You may not vote on this poll
  • wrestling

153 70.83%
  • football

57 26.39%
  • don't play sports

6 2.78%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    evilone777 is just really nice. (+1000) evilone777 is just really nice. (+1000) evilone777 is just really nice. (+1000) evilone777 is just really nice. (+1000) evilone777 is just really nice. (+1000) evilone777 is just really nice. (+1000) evilone777 is just really nice. (+1000) evilone777 is just really nice. (+1000) evilone777 is just really nice. (+1000) evilone777 is just really nice. (+1000) evilone777 is just really nice. (+1000)

which sport do you think is harder wrestling or football

which sport in your opinion is harder i got to say wrestling
    Deadlift Junkies

Few men during their lifetime comes anywhere near exhausting the resources dwelling within them. There are deep wells of strength that are never used-Richard E. Byrd

I've never seen anybody that wants to be good as much as this kid-my coach

"There is no reason to be alive if you can't do DEADLIFT"--Jon Pall Sigmarsson

Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000)
    ive done both. basically wreslting is harder in the sense of: conditioning, balls(its scary having to wrestle while everyone is watching you for the 1st time), lb 4 lb strength, committment(wrestling tourneys on sat)

football is just a lot more trauma and it normally hurts more

Pauly-Walnuts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pauly-Walnuts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pauly-Walnuts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pauly-Walnuts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pauly-Walnuts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pauly-Walnuts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pauly-Walnuts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pauly-Walnuts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pauly-Walnuts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pauly-Walnuts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pauly-Walnuts has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Wrestling as in HS or college is way more demaning on your body, you can NEVER take a play off.

FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Both are pretty rough. I've only done wrestling at a competitive level, though; only used to mess around and play pickup games with the JV team back in high school. Just learning how to wrestle was harder than that.

bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    their different sports, different training most wrestlers will beat a football player in a pushup pullup or mile test, football players will beat a wrestler in the bench, squat, clean, 40, agility tests. They're both really tough but, wrestling has weight classes. Which means in football you could have a 200 pound man get hit by a 260 pound man. You don't see very many 130 pound or less football players but you do see wrestlers that small because they are going against other small people. You cant compare them to each other though, different types of competing. A wrestling match is alot shorter in time but extremely intense cardio vascular and muscle endurance stress. Where as football is longer and is intese in explosion and power output because of the rest players get. At the end of the day every sport is tough in some sense and I respect every athlete that gives it everything they got at their respected sport.

Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wrestling is harder to train for. Wrestling requires a lot more skill. Football is hard to someone who does not know anything else. A single wrestling match is more tiring than a football game even if it goes 4+ overtimes.

bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    there's a reason why you play only one game a week in football, because it is extremely hard on the body. some people have 3-4 matches in one day (and dont say there just beasts in great shape because i knew some heavyweights that did 3-4 matches at a tourny and could run like 9 in a half minute mile. football is tougher

Death_Walking_Terror has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death_Walking_Terror has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death_Walking_Terror has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death_Walking_Terror has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death_Walking_Terror has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death_Walking_Terror has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death_Walking_Terror has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I truly don't mean to sound like a dick here, but anyone who says football, has obviously never wrestled competitively. Not a knock on football, I played football as well, but people don't realize how much goes into wrestling.

That said, they're different sports and both are very very demanding in their own rights and you have to be a tough bastard to do either one
    *Paramedics Do It With the Lights On*

ORGANICMMA.COM, Bringing Out the Best In Natural Athletes

.....and we're not the same by any stretch

Fruity Snacks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fruity Snacks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fruity Snacks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fruity Snacks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fruity Snacks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fruity Snacks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fruity Snacks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fruity Snacks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fruity Snacks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fruity Snacks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fruity Snacks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    whats worse...tackling 225lb runningbacks who run 4.4s and hitting 300+lb offensive linemen consistantly on every play
    or wrestling someone whos better than you and just turning to your back and him pinning you
    hm...

evilone777 is just really nice. (+1000) evilone777 is just really nice. (+1000) evilone777 is just really nice. (+1000) evilone777 is just really nice. (+1000) evilone777 is just really nice. (+1000) evilone777 is just really nice. (+1000) evilone777 is just really nice. (+1000) evilone777 is just really nice. (+1000) evilone777 is just really nice. (+1000) evilone777 is just really nice. (+1000) evilone777 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Death_Walking_Terror View Post
    I truly don't mean to sound like a dick here, but anyone who says football, has obviously never wrestled competitively. Not a knock on football, I played football as well, but people don't realize how much goes into wrestling.

That said, they're different sports and both are very very demanding in their own rights and you have to be a tough bastard to do either one
    your right IMO tho football is still a very hard sport
    Deadlift Junkies

Few men during their lifetime comes anywhere near exhausting the resources dwelling within them. There are deep wells of strength that are never used-Richard E. Byrd

Originally Posted by Fruity Snacks View Post
    whats worse...tackling 225lb runningbacks who run 4.4s and hitting 300+lb offensive linemen consistantly on every play
    or wrestling someone whos better than you and just turning to your back and him pinning you
    hm...
    it shows that you never wrestled because its not that simple at least not if you try to win and im suprised no one has talked about cutting weight somthing football players never have to worry about
    Deadlift Junkies

Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000) Suplexdeath is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bigguy64 View Post
    there's a reason why you play only one game a week in football, because it is extremely hard on the body. some people have 3-4 matches in one day (and dont say there just beasts in great shape because i knew some heavyweights that did 3-4 matches at a tourny and could run like 9 in a half minute mile. football is tougher
    well sounds like you've never wrestled b4

ive had 2 of the football captains wrestle for their 1st year their senior year(ol and lb captains) and even though they were both strong as hell they said a wrestling match is a lot harder than a football game and our the OL captain who wrestled heavyweight has never even gone to the full distance of a match.

that being said football is still respectable but the only way a football game is harder than a wrestling match is if the person in the wrestling match gets pinned in the first period

trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by evilone777 View Post
    it shows that you never wrestled because its not that simple at least not if you try to win and im suprised no one has talked about cutting weight somthing football players never have to worry about
    im calling bull**** on that. when i was in eigth grade i had to drop 30 lbs in a month to make the midget league weight limit (175)
    DO WHAT HAS TO BE DONE.

DO IT WHEN IT HAS TO BE DONE.

DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.

DO IT THAT WAY ALL THE TIME.

Originally Posted by trap-bar View Post
    im calling bull**** on that. when i was in eigth grade i had to drop 30 lbs in a month to make the midget league weight limit (175)
    wow dude... weight caps arent part of football like they are wrestling. they just have it for the younger kids

osu5312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) osu5312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) osu5312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) osu5312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) osu5312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) osu5312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) osu5312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) osu5312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) osu5312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) osu5312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) osu5312 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Cutting weight sucks dick. I cut 8lbs in 3 days, I was so dehydrated. The conditioning levels and muscular endurance levels of wrestling make football conditioning seem like a stroll in the park. Minute by minute, wrestling is harder. Especially when you're cutting and haven't ate/drank in a couple days. It just down right blows.
    Now, football takes more of a toll on the body when you're doing the actual sport. It hurts like balls when you take a helmet to the knee cap, when you're blitzing you get your knees taken out. I've popped at least 10 blood vessels in my right fore arm last year, probably 15 in my left (when I ran I liked to carry to ball in my left arm). I fractured the upper part of my arm, got a small concision, and sprained 3 fingers. Nothing like that ever happened in wrestling, I got a nosebleed once.

When I think about it, they are tied.
    Bench-315
    Squat-435
    Deadlift-500
    D3 football at Kenyon College class of '18.

jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There is no correct answer. Sure cutting weight and the conditioning for wrestling sucks but the abuse of football on the body leaves people in wheelchairs and with knee replacements after their career.
    =============================================
    My Training Log:
    new log soon!
    =============================================

LC83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LC83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LC83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LC83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LC83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LC83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LC83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LC83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LC83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LC83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LC83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Death_Walking_Terror View Post
    I truly don't mean to sound like a dick here, but anyone who says football, has obviously never wrestled competitively. Not a knock on football, I played football as well, but people don't realize how much goes into wrestling
    Yes. Anyone who says football is harder than wrestling is retarded. Wrestling wins hands down.
    Expect to be there, work like you don't belong.

HCCFootball has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HCCFootball has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HCCFootball has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HCCFootball has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HCCFootball has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HCCFootball has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HCCFootball has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HCCFootball has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HCCFootball has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HCCFootball has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HCCFootball has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    me and my friends had this conversation...
    Wrestling = more conditioning, endurance, and such
    Football= more pain and explosiveness

My other friend tried to explain how bike racing was more physically demanding and we got him to stfu

IN the end I would have to say wrestling is harder on you life (watch weight etc) and football can be tougher at the moment

conditioning in football is still tough though.... one time my team had to do a "kiss" (sprint 100 down and back, 95 down and back 90 down and back etc.) and 80 down ups

Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This almost shouldn't even be debateable. Wrestling definately takes more than football. Even outside the actual physical work the demands of weight cutting are intense, while football players enjoy eating whatever they want... even encouraged to gain weight. The only reason football is considered at all is because of its higher fan base, and I don't think people compare them on even ground. High end football (NFL) is extremely popular, while in wrestling you never really hear about it. Football players also tend to get a lot more perks than wrestlers.... because they bring in the money they can get pretty much anything they want.

Originally Posted by Taurean508 View Post
    This almost shouldn't even be debateable. Wrestling definately takes more than football. Even outside the actual physical work the demands of weight cutting are intense, while football players enjoy eating whatever they want... even encouraged to gain weight. The only reason football is considered at all is because of its higher fan base, and I don't think people compare them on even ground. High end football (NFL) is extremely popular, while in wrestling you never really hear about it. Football players also tend to get a lot more perks than wrestlers.... because they bring in the money they can get pretty much anything they want.
    do some research on the impact of getting hit especially in the nfl. It doesnt just do damage in the present it does future damage. NFL players life expectancy is shorter than the average person because of all the hits. They send shockwaves through your body which mess up your vital organs. Reitred football players have a good chance of getting depression, bi polar, alzhimers (however you spell it) etc because of brain damage. Thats why they make more money. I knew a kid that was third in league in wrestling but was third string varsity football. Brock lesnar who was a ncaa division 1 heavyweight champ couldnt even make an nfl team he tried out for the vikings and got cut and he's on aas or growth hormone. So if wrestling was so much tougher and wrestlers are so much tougher don't you think brock lesnar (who is pretty much a gorilla and the best heavyweight wrestler in the nation at the time) could of at least made the team on special teams or something?

[QUOTE=Suplexdeath;503711241]well sounds like you've never wrestled b4

ive had 2 of the football captains wrestle for their 1st year their senior year(ol and lb captains) and even though they were both strong as hell they said a wrestling match is a lot harder than a football game and our the OL captain who wrestled heavyweight has never even gone to the full distance of a match.

that being said football is still respectable but the only way a football game is harder than a wrestling match is if the person in the wrestling match gets pinned in the first period[/QUOT

I played OL And DL this year I started both ways. I played 100+ plus plays a game. at 270 pound banging against other Ol and Dl was extremely tough. I was a nose guard too so I was constantly double teamed. Ya maybe if u played one way in highschool it would be tough to go from football to wrestling. In my experience I raped the other ol and dl on my team that were wrestlers because I was lifting and they were wrestling. Ive seen a 285 pound guy who cant run a mile under 9 minutes almost pass out during football practice, Ive heard him personally say he would much rather have wrestling practice over football practice. He was also the league champ in the heavyweight division so he was a good wrestler. wrestling is not easy and the weight cuts are insane but overall football is tougher. practice, meetings weightroom sessions during the season is exhausting. Not to mention all of the two a days in full pads in the august heat leading up to the season. with meetings before both practices and a weightlifting session in between

Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pakman52 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    [QUOTE=bigguy64;503870491]
    Originally Posted by Suplexdeath View Post
    well sounds like you've never wrestled b4

that being said football is still respectable but the only way a football game is harder than a wrestling match is if the person in the wrestling match gets pinned in the first period[/QUOT

I played OL And DL this year I started both ways. I played 100+ plus plays a game. at 270 pound banging against other Ol and Dl was extremely tough. I was a nose guard too so I was constantly double teamed. Ya maybe if u played one way in highschool it would be tough to go from football to wrestling. In my experience I raped the other ol and dl on my team that were wrestlers because I was lifting and they were wrestling. Ive seen a 285 pound guy who cant run a mile under 9 minutes almost pass out during football practice, Ive heard him personally say he would much rather have wrestling practice over football practice. He was also the league champ in the heavyweight division so he was a good wrestler. wrestling is not easy and the weight cuts are insane but overall football is tougher. practice, meetings weightroom sessions during the season is exhausting. Not to mention all of the two a days in full pads in the august heat leading up to the season. with meetings before both practices and a weightlifting session in between
    I iz playz foootbal n i iz noze evirythin so foootbal iz gud n ressling is sux hahahahaha

QuincyQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuincyQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuincyQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuincyQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuincyQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuincyQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuincyQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuincyQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuincyQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuincyQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuincyQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You're asking a stupid question, neither is harder as in more difficult. Since the difficulty is decided by competition, not the nature of the sport. If either sport is easy for you you should be playing pro/hall of fame.

Now if you meant to ask which sport is more demanding for your body, than it should end in somewhat as a tie, since they're both physical sports and if you gave it your all you should be completely exhausted/destroyed at the end of every game/match.

moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It is all contexual. I play RB and MLB and all Special Teams for my football team so I am in every play. As a RB I don't have the best elusiveness, so I just power through people. For MLB, I take a ton of hits and make a ton of hits. Special teams...yeah you know, just the general run down the field and smash someone as hard as you can. This, I would think, would be harder than wrestling. I have never wrestled, or even seen a match before though...haha. My football season took me 3 months to recover from (shoulder issues, hip issues, chest issues...head issues :P). I think football is harder for this reason, it just puts more damage on the body.
    M.S. Exercise Physiology - Powerlifter - Strength and Conditioning Coach - Personal Trainer
    Current goals: Bench 400, Squat 545, Deadlift 550

Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taurean508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bigguy64 View Post
    do some research on the impact of getting hit especially in the nfl. It doesnt just do damage in the present it does future damage. NFL players life expectancy is shorter than the average person because of all the hits. They send shockwaves through your body which mess up your vital organs. Reitred football players have a good chance of getting depression, bi polar, alzhimers (however you spell it) etc because of brain damage. Thats why they make more money. I knew a kid that was third in league in wrestling but was third string varsity football. Brock lesnar who was a ncaa division 1 heavyweight champ couldnt even make an nfl team he tried out for the vikings and got cut and he's on aas or growth hormone. So if wrestling was so much tougher and wrestlers are so much tougher don't you think brock lesnar (who is pretty much a gorilla and the best heavyweight wrestler in the nation at the time) could of at least made the team on special teams or something?
    What I was saying was (as you showed) usually when football is mentioned people go straight to using the NFL to compare. On comparable levels (high school and college) wrestling is definately more streneous. NFL players make so much money because its such a popular sport.. and because of that the pool of talent is immense... wrestling doesn't have an organization to compare this to. Basically after college, unless your an olympian, there is nothing in the wrestling world to compare to footballs NFL. Most wrestling careers end at college because there is nothingggg to do afterwards.

As far as the comparison, im not a Brock Lesnar fan, but thats still faulty logic. I bet if you take nearly any NFL player and put them in try outs for a high end wrestling team they would get their ass whooped. Why? because they don't wrestle, they play football. Different sports requiring different skill sets, if you don't know the game, the plays, or the moves, you can't succeed- so it goes both ways. Just like you take a NFL player and put him on a... tennis court doesn't mean he'll demolish because footballs harder:P Its a skill set he has never been trained for.

TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cutting weight is just straight up unhealthy. Especially how you guys go about it. We don't do extreme cuts because it's not necessary for our sport.

I've done grappling with friends all day before going around in a circle and if you lose you go to the losers circle and keep grappling. We didn't do just one match as you guys do, we did many and I wasn't winded. This is me playing on the offensive line.

It's harder for me because I'm not even at 200. Going up against guys with 70lbs on me on my inside shade and having to get around them and push them to the outside of the running back gets crushed for a loss of yards.

Talk about being easy.

Both sports are hard and they're both completely different. You can't compare them.
    "Giving your best is more important than being the best."

I train as an athlete, not a bodybuilder.

REPS for SUBS.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125690683

titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wrestling.. Look at the competition base? Football is only popular in america, wrestling is the oldest sport in the world. The whole world is competitive at wrestling so ALOT more competition is going to be out there, like soccer. Then the long wrestling season of grueling 2 a days for a lot of the season and the 1000's of moves you can learn.

I actually even find it more dangerous because that is the only sport I ever had a terrible injury in. Dislocated my knee cap, never came close to doing that in football. Yea and the guy was 70 pounds heavier, most of us wrestle guys bigger/smaller than us in practice.
    Last edited by titdoctor; 06-13-2010 at 12:26 PM.

Death_Walking_Terror has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death_Walking_Terror has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death_Walking_Terror has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death_Walking_Terror has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death_Walking_Terror has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death_Walking_Terror has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death_Walking_Terror has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by titdoctor View Post
    I actually even find it more dangerous because that is the only sport I ever had a terrible injury in. Dislocated my knee cap, never came close to doing that in football. Yea and the guy was 70 pounds heavier, most of us wrestle guys bigger/smaller than us in practice
    lol, that's funny. My worst injuries came wrestling too. Tore my MCL and PCL, torn labrum, numerous sprains and strains, and the mother of all injuries imo, i tore my ****ing groin. The groin tear was the only injury that I knew when it happened. The others just got sore and swollen later on. When I tore my groin, I knew right then and there it was ****ed. I though I was gonna die, lol Never got hurt in football outside of a concussion or two and few sprains. But I wasn't in the trenches, I played SS in a very pass happy district so I didn't spend too much time up in the box. As a matter of fact, our nickel package was used just as much as our base d.

There's no way a strict football player is ever going to stuff his pride long enough to respect the dedication, toughness, mentality, and year round work it takes to stay competitive as a wrestler. On the flip side, a wrestler is never going to swallow his pride long enough to admit that football players spend all year colliding with other big guys and getting hurt. My wrestling teammates used to ask me when I was going to stop "being a pussy and dedicate 100% to wrestling instead of candy assing around in the shower with the football team" and my football teammates used to ask me why I participated "in that gay ass wrestling **** cuz its just a bunch of guys dry humping each other." It was a no win situation, lol. I do remember one particular meet where an opposing wrestler attempted some sort of triangle choke (obviously outside the rules and probably just trying to look cool as a last ditch effort because he was getting his ass handed to him) and one of my best friends and wrestling mates literally picked him up and slammed him down on his head resulting in a hairline fracture in both C3 and C4 ending his mediocre career. Obviously both were disqualified and my buddy was off the team for the rest of the season (but back on the team after some "mediation"). A few guys off our football team were in attendance and seemed to really enjoy the whole tourney and a little respect was gained.

Two different sports, two different types of people. BTW, I notice the ages of some of the responders to the thread, and as is typical with 99.9% of the world's population, we're very self-centered when we're that young and typically don't think outside of ourselves. As people grow older they tend to develop more respect for each others' abilities.
    *Paramedics Do It With the Lights On*

ORGANICMMA.COM, Bringing Out the Best In Natural Athletes

.....and we're not the same by any stretch

domc159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) domc159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) domc159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) domc159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) domc159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) domc159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) domc159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) domc159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) domc159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) domc159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) domc159 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    wrestling is by far harder on your body, in football you play for about 4-10 seconds than take a break wrestling is three 2 minutes non stop and about a 10 second break its only six minutes but it feels like forever when you are on the mat.