Wapadaigo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wapadaigo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wapadaigo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wapadaigo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wapadaigo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wapadaigo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wapadaigo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wapadaigo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wapadaigo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wapadaigo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wapadaigo will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Pre workout vasodilators

My understanding is:

Resistance training causes your body to send out a signal(not trying to get to in depth here) that reduces blood flow (vasoconstriction) to non working muscles, and simultaneously promotes blood flow (vasodilates) to the targeted muscle group being worked in order to supply the muscle with more blood for work being performed.

My confusion:

Why are preworkout supps that promote full body vasodilation so highly thought of if they are only working against what your body is trying to promote?

Let me know if i need to explain my point further due to poor wording. Thanks for feedback
    "Don't cry because you want to quit, cry because you keep going so hard it hurts. When you want to succeed as bad as u want to breath, THEN you will be successful"

PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Wapadaigo View Post

Why are preworkout supps that promote full body vasodilation
    Nitrates/BCAA Nitrates: C-Bol, ICE Plus, Bullrush Recelerator, VPX Powershock... in no particular order.
    Driven Sports

steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PinchTheBear View Post
    Nitrates/BCAA Nitrates: C-Bol, ICE Plus, Bullrush Recelerator, VPX Powershock... in no particular order.
    He asked why, not what.

As to OP: dunno the real reason, but my broscience degree tells me that even with supplements that promote "full body vasodialation", your body is smart enough to not send more blood to your calves when you're doing skullcrushers.
    Last edited by steelleD; 06-08-2010 at 11:39 AM.

Wapadaigo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wapadaigo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wapadaigo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wapadaigo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wapadaigo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wapadaigo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wapadaigo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wapadaigo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wapadaigo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wapadaigo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wapadaigo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by steelleD View Post
    He asked why, not what.
    Thanks ha. He must've double dosed on his pre work out supp today and got a little to antsy to read the full sentence before he answered.
    "Don't cry because you want to quit, cry because you keep going so hard it hurts. When you want to succeed as bad as u want to breath, THEN you will be successful"

He asked why, not what.

As to OP: dunno the real reason, but my broscience degree tells me that even with supplements that promote "full body vasodialation", your body is smart enough to not send more blood to your calves when you're doing skullcrushers.
    I don't think it sends more to your calves( for this particular example), but it will just send less to your tris....In theory

Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My understanding is:

Resistance training causes your body to send out a signal(not trying to get to in depth here) that reduces blood flow (vasoconstriction) to non working muscles, and simultaneously promotes blood flow (vasodilates) to the targeted muscle group being worked in order to supply the muscle with more blood for work being performed.

My confusion:

Why are preworkout supps that promote full body vasodilation so highly thought of if they are only working against what your body is trying to promote?

Let me know if i need to explain my point further due to poor wording. Thanks for feedback
    Working out a specific muscles group decreases blood flow to others?

There is a response that sends more blood to target muscle groups, but I do not think that it decreases bloodflow elsewhere other than digestion slowing down.

That being said...the effects of a pre workout/no supplement would not entirely override your bodys response to exercise. If a supplement enhances full body blood flow, then you will still have the response of an increase in blood flow to the target area...
    Last edited by Blitz n destroy; 06-08-2010 at 11:55 AM.

Montreal CanAdian Militia ryanr623's Avatar
    ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Blitz n destroy View Post
    Working out a specific muscles group descreases blood flow to others?
    This. Never heard of that.
    Blessed be the lord, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Hockey Season!

Blue Star Nutraceuticals Gym God's Avatar
    Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ... interesting.
    Chris Belanger | Vice President, Sales
    www.bluestarnutraceuticals.com
    chris@bluestarnutraceuticals.com

Stay Connected with Exclusive Content & Special Offers:
    ********: bluestarnutraceuticals
    Instagram: @bluestarnutraceuticals
    YouTube: bluestarnutraceuticals

Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The cardiac output is increased, of course, via sympathetic nerves that increase the heart rate and increase the stroke volume. Also, the stroke volume potentially can increase via the Frank-Starling mechanism. This is because contracting skeletal muscles tend to squeeze blood in their veins back to the central veins via muscle pumping. The elevated pressure in the central veins then in some circumstances can increase the end diastolic volume and thus the stroke volume.

At the same time as skeletal muscle arterioles dilate, arterioles to certain other areas help compensate by constricting. The primary organs for this sympathetic vasoconstriction are the gut, skin and inactive skeletal muscles.

The gut usually can get by with less blood flow because most of the blood flowing to the digestive system is for absorbing food molecules rather than for keeping the organs alive. However, in long-term, endurance exercise, digestion and absorption at some point starts taking place again.

Likewise, blood flow to the skin is not primarily for keeping the skin alive and thus can be reduced, at least for a short while. But reductions in blood flow to the skin are likely to be transient because it is imperative that enough blood flow through the skin to give off the extra heat generated in exercise.

In the end, in a healthy person the mean arterial pressure stays constant. because the increased flow of blood through exercising muscles is compensated for remarkably well by an increased cardiac output and adjustments to arterioles.
    http://courses.washington.edu/conj/heart/exercise.htm

Again...I do not think that taking a pre workout product would negate this effect, the body would still be responding the same, just with a greater overall blood flow. Also, even though certain muscles may be inactive by our terms..they still receive secondary stimulation through compound exercise.

steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Working out a specific muscles group decreases blood flow to others?

There is a response that sends more blood to target muscle groups, but I do not think that it decreases bloodflow elsewhere other than digestion slowing down.

That being said...the effects of a pre workout/no supplement would not entirely override your bodys response to exercise. If a supplement enhances full body blood flow, then you will still have the response of an increase in blood flow to the target area...
    thanks blitz, this is what i was trying to say

bigla2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigla2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigla2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigla2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigla2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigla2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigla2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigla2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigla2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigla2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigla2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good stuff blitz.
    livin'

BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000) BubbaDoc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ryanr623 View Post
    This. Never heard of that.
    Your body has about 6 liters of blood. If it ramps up blood flow to an area(exercised muscle), it's got to slow it down somewhere else.
    Just a basic regulatory response.
    Please support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital... www.stjude.org/give.html

TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BubbaDoc View Post
    Your body has about 6 liters of blood. If it ramps up blood flow to an area(exercised muscle), it's got to slow it down somewhere else.
    Just a basic regulatory response.

You make it sound like if i work out my arms and chest too much i won't be able to walk out of the gym due to the "pump" in my upper body.
    Krispy Kreme Krew Forever.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity.

http://courses.washington.edu/conj/heart/exercise.htm

Again...I do not think that taking a pre workout product would negate this effect, the body would still be responding the same, just with a greater overall blood flow. Also, even though certain muscles may be inactive by our terms..they still receive secondary stimulation through compound exercise.
    But by contributing to overall blood flow, it would take away from working muscle's blood flow

Originally Posted by TMac26 View Post
    You make it sound like if i work out my arms and chest too much i won't be able to walk out of the gym due to the "pump" in my upper body.
    It does not shut off blood flow completely to other muscles, just reduces.

PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    He asked why, not what.
    Thanks ha. He must've double dosed on his pre work out supp today and got a little to antsy to read the full sentence before he answered.
    LOL guilty. 1,3 dimeth.
    Driven Sports