Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sldge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Adamnn View Post
    My boss is trying to talk me into the iPhone instead of going Incredible or Evo. It actually MIGHT be a little easier with everything in our office being run from mac's anyway (mobile me would be fantastic), but it's hard when you look at the phones on paper next to each other. Android or iPhone... hard to decide.
    With MobileMe and Macs it so much better. Everything syncs right up and works like a breeze.
    Matt Cahill
    www.DrivenSports.com
    www.drivensports.co.uk

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by rukkus View Post
    that's a bit extreme. i am on my second android phone and haven't had battery issues to that extent. i went to work this morning with a full charge. watched an entire world cup game on my phone and still have about 25% battery life. i do not disagree the iphone battery lasts longer, however. true multi-tasking requires more battery; it's pretty simple.
    I think iphone 4 is gonna destroy this notion.
    If you have a problem with me, call me. If you don't have my number that means you don't know me well enough to have a problem.

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

Adamnn is a name known to all. (+5000) Adamnn is a name known to all. (+5000) Adamnn is a name known to all. (+5000) Adamnn is a name known to all. (+5000) Adamnn is a name known to all. (+5000) Adamnn is a name known to all. (+5000) Adamnn is a name known to all. (+5000) Adamnn is a name known to all. (+5000) Adamnn is a name known to all. (+5000) Adamnn is a name known to all. (+5000) Adamnn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Sldge View Post
    With MobileMe and Macs it so much better. Everything syncs right up and works like a breeze.
    This is what might be selling me on it. Since everything is on a Mac anyway at work, it would be much easier just to straight sync it instead of having to go through other pathways (google calendar, etc) in order to get my android phone to work on it. Maybe I can convince my boss it's an office expense and get him to pay for the phone

rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Red face

Originally Posted by |ceman View Post
    I think iphone 4 is gonna destroy this notion.
    well see that's the problem. people see multi-tasking on the new iOS 4 spec sheet and expect it's going to work just like your PC, Mac, or Android device. Apple put restrictions on what functions can multi-task and they even say on their website that it was to prolong battery life. They call it a 'smarter approach' to multi-tasking. Also, all apps will need to be updated with this new feature and then re-submitted to Apple, it won't just work out of the box with existing apps when you power on your new phone.

my brother has an iphone... i was jealous of it when i had my G1. it's very sleek and athletic like yourself. however, I like the freedom of an open-source platform. I like to be able to skin the UI however I want. I can even make it look like an iPhone if i chose to. I like to be able to install whatever apps i want on the phone. I want to be able to watch Flash movies on the can. I like the option of carrying another battery on a long trip and being able to change it out myself. i LOVE home screen widgets and can't believe the iPhone still doesn't have them. Let me guess it's a 'smarter approach' to widgets. 0 widgets means longer battery life!

Sorry for making it sound like an Android ad at the end and for invading your thread. Just mainly wanted to point out that the iPhone battery lasts longer because you have no widgets or fully functional multi-tasking... it's not Apple magic or a special battery.

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ^^ even with widgets and background apps disabled, many of the android devices have significantly poorer battery life than the iPhone. And many of them with larger form factors.

I'm gonna withhold judgment on Apple's multitasking incarnation until I can try it myself, bu for the most part as long as I can listen to my pandora or MLB radio in the background, I'm happy.

And I do agree that other phones are more customizable. I used to see that as a shortcoming for Apple, but having owned and used both types, honestly, I don't need all that customization and complexity. My work blackberry comes stock with like 5-6 different ringer profiles and every event from emails to MMS to voicemails, etc is fully customizable. You know how many I use? 2. Normal and vibrate only. And while some may like the ability to tweak and tune every aspect of their phone, personally I like a reasonable blend, and I'm satisfied with Apple's approach.
    If you have a problem with me, call me. If you don't have my number that means you don't know me well enough to have a problem.

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The iphone4 is going to sell really, really well.

Two problems with it for me:

1. At&t, if Verizon had it I would consider it

2. Only one choice in phone. As a consumer I like having choice.

I've been a long time BB user but I am making the switch to Droid in July. There are so many good things to like about the Droid and that platform and Verizon is going to have 2 more Droid phones come out in the next month, lots of choices.
    Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0

Adamnn is a name known to all. (+5000) Adamnn is a name known to all. (+5000) Adamnn is a name known to all. (+5000) Adamnn is a name known to all. (+5000) Adamnn is a name known to all. (+5000) Adamnn is a name known to all. (+5000) Adamnn is a name known to all. (+5000) Adamnn is a name known to all. (+5000) Adamnn is a name known to all. (+5000) Adamnn is a name known to all. (+5000) Adamnn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by naturalguy View Post
    The iphone4 is going to sell really, really well.

Two problems with it for me:

1. At&t, if Verizon had it I would consider it

2. Only one choice in phone. As a consumer I like having choice.

I've been a long time BB user but I am making the switch to Droid in July. There are so many good things to like about the Droid and that platform and Verizon is going to have 2 more Droid phones come out in the next month, lots of choices.
    I'm still waiting to see when the rumored HTC Scorpion will drop. I've read they though in the fall, but sooner would be worth me waiting for it.

DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I heard something like 700k iphone 4g's sold.

I'm verizon right now using a BB, but seriously considering going to a droid.

Looking at the incredible for now, any thoughts? Or other better suggestions for a verizon user?
    “When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

~-~-~The Brain Bulwark~-~-~
    www.masterminds.thebrainbulwark.com
    Free E-Book for 5 ways to improve your cognition and mental abilities.

nickrut is a name known to all. (+5000) nickrut is a name known to all. (+5000) nickrut is a name known to all. (+5000) nickrut is a name known to all. (+5000) nickrut is a name known to all. (+5000) nickrut is a name known to all. (+5000) nickrut is a name known to all. (+5000) nickrut is a name known to all. (+5000) nickrut is a name known to all. (+5000) nickrut is a name known to all. (+5000) nickrut is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DaveGabe24 View Post

Looking at the incredible for now, any thoughts? Or other better suggestions for a verizon user?
    Wait till the nexus one goes to verizon. Should be soon.

Iphone is also supposed to go there at the beginning of 2011 from what I've read.

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I am leaning towards the Incredible, it is a sweet phone. I've played with it several times (a co worker has one).

The new Droid X is coming soon but it's going to be a big phone, it's bigger than the EVO and that is pretty big already. Then the Droid 2 is coming in August. Lots of good choices for Verizon.
    Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0

rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rukkus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Wink

Originally Posted by nickrut View Post
    Wait till the nexus one goes to verizon. Should be soon.

Iphone is also supposed to go there at the beginning of 2011 from what I've read.
    1. the Incredible is a nexus one with some upgrades so why wait for the nexus one?

2. they announced almost a month ago that the nexus one isn't coming to Verizon because of the Incredible.

DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by naturalguy View Post
    I am leaning towards the Incredible, it is a sweet phone. I've played with it several times (a co worker has one).

The new Droid X is coming soon but it's going to be a big phone, it's bigger than the EVO and that is pretty big already. Then the Droid 2 is coming in August. Lots of good choices for Verizon.
    Originally Posted by rukkus View Post
    1. the Incredible is a nexus one with some upgrades so why wait for the nexus one?

2. they announced almost a month ago that the nexus one isn't coming to Verizon because of the Incredible.
    I'm leaning towards the Incredible as well. Seems like the best phone Verizon has to offer to day, just kinda hesitant to toss out $200 for now. I'm hoping in a month or two maybe it'll drop even to $150.

VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I wouldn't mind hearing some more info regarding Tmobile coming onboard. Their unlimited package is a bit cheaper.

ckanyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

eh

sister works fore At&T. They set records the other day with 600,000 pre-orders for the iphone in one day. bizzerk.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"

- Albert Einstein

norburt is on a distinguished road. (+10) norburt is on a distinguished road. (+10) norburt is on a distinguished road. (+10) norburt is on a distinguished road. (+10) norburt is on a distinguished road. (+10) norburt is on a distinguished road. (+10) norburt is on a distinguished road. (+10) norburt is on a distinguished road. (+10) norburt is on a distinguished road. (+10) norburt is on a distinguished road. (+10) norburt is on a distinguished road. (+10)

dunno

Originally Posted by ckanyer View Post
    sister works fore At&T. They set records the other day with 600,000 pre-orders for the iphone in one day. bizzerk.
    thats cool but its weird how at&t only gets x ammount of phones. at&t stores i know for the past 3 models get like 40 phones a store in the LA market. The apple stores down the street get like 10k in stock but can only sell a certain amount per day. its funny cause the reps at at&t make commision so they cut their inventory. at&t cant take orders online or at any stores until further notice but apples website works perfectly fine and is still taking orders.
    rep back

I goT mine on Friday. Let me tell you, this thing is a thing of beauty.

And it's easily twice as fast as the 3G or 3GS for opening apps and browsing the web. Everything about it is better. The already super responsive touch screen is even better.

The only negative I've noticed so far is that the wifi reception is not as good as my 3G. But I'm grandfathered into the unlimited 3G plan with AT&T, so no worries.

From what I've heard so far from a lot of people, the 4G has been a pretty major flop for Apple. Constantly dropping calls, holding it certain ways drops calls, etc. etc.

Curious to see if they release a new one in the future, or make some serious modifications to fix this one.

Then again could just be the typical AT&T problems in Jersey, and the'yre blaming the phone who knows.

Everything else does seem badass with the phone though, so might be worth tolerating for the time being.

Team InnerArmour RatherBeLifting's Avatar
    RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    From what I've heard so far from a lot of people, the 4G has been a pretty major flop for Apple. Constantly dropping calls, holding it certain ways drops calls, etc. etc.

Curious to see if they release a new one in the future, or make some serious modifications to fix this one.

Then again could just be the typical AT&T problems in Jersey, and the'yre blaming the phone who knows.

Everything else does seem badass with the phone though, so might be worth tolerating for the time being.
    Mine has been nothing but a POS since I bought it. Drops calls far more then my 3G and the screen seems to stay active when it's up to my cheek causing me to hang up on people or put them on mute while in the middle of a call. Apple is already sending me a new phone to replace the POS I have.

It however does take great videos and pics, and is supper fast loading apps and surfing the internet. The display is stunning and the battery life is great.
    www.InnerArmour.com
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/inn/inn.htm

10 Tips for Maximum Athletic Performance: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hit-your-peak-10-tips-for-maximum-athletic-performance.html

I got a case because I tend to be clumsy. Nice advantage of the case is it solves the dripped call and loss of signal issue since you're not coming into direct contact with the exterior antenna.

Originally Posted by RatherBeLifting View Post
    Mine has been nothing but a POS since I bought it. Drops calls far more then my 3G and the screen seems to stay active when it's up to my cheek causing me to hang up on people or put them on mute while in the middle of a call. Apple is already sending me a new phone to replace the POS I have.

It however does take great videos and pics, and is supper fast loading apps and surfing the internet. The display is stunning and the battery life is great.
    This seems to be on par with some of the other stories iphone users have told me.

Originally Posted by |ceman View Post
    I got a case because I tend to be clumsy. Nice advantage of the case is it solves the dripped call and loss of signal issue since you're not coming into direct contact with the exterior antenna.
    Good idea actually, maybe RBL should try this!

For once, I'm not jealous much of the Iphone and partly cause Verizon is finally getting some competitive phones of their own (only took 5+ years?)

Team InnerArmour RatherBeLifting's Avatar
    RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This seems to be on par with some of the other stories iphone users have told me.

Good idea actually, maybe RBL should try this!

For once, I'm not jealous much of the Iphone and partly cause Verizon is finally getting some competitive phones of their own (only took 5+ years?)
    I have a case on the way but it pisses me off that I have to buy one to make my phone work.
    www.InnerArmour.com
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/inn/inn.htm

10 Tips for Maximum Athletic Performance: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hit-your-peak-10-tips-for-maximum-athletic-performance.html

drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm just going to wait. If this droid stuff keeps up and is so much superior I might give it a chance.
    God bless/science be with our military

terminator6600 is just really nice. (+1000) terminator6600 is just really nice. (+1000) terminator6600 is just really nice. (+1000) terminator6600 is just really nice. (+1000) terminator6600 is just really nice. (+1000) terminator6600 is just really nice. (+1000) terminator6600 is just really nice. (+1000) terminator6600 is just really nice. (+1000) terminator6600 is just really nice. (+1000) terminator6600 is just really nice. (+1000) terminator6600 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I heard Apple discovered the iPhone 4 after subjecting a 3GS to an 8 week cycle of Pink Magic!!

Waiting on the 4 for now. Got the iOS upgrade for my 3GS and it adds some nice functionality. Just waiting for iOS 4 for the iPad now. It pisses me off that I can't post on BB.com and listen to Pandora at the same time but my phone can dammit!

A BodySpace app for the iPad would be killer though. Especially if you could link it with FitDay to track cals and stuff alongside your workouts.
    Semper Fortis; Non Sibi, Sed Patriae!

-Operation Relaunch: Terminator6600's Journal-
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137278933

-KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000) -KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000) -KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000) -KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000) -KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000) -KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000) -KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000) -KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000) -KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000) -KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000) -KTA- is a name known to all. (+5000)

Um Vid comes up on the preview but not when I post... well here's the friggin link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn-Ye...os=ViQHaOB-cRU
    Last edited by -KTA-; 07-19-2010 at 01:52 PM.
    Blog:
    www.kickingtotalass.com

Latest Bull****:
    www.****PeopleSayOnFacebook.com

_J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by terminator6600 View Post
    I heard Apple discovered the iPhone 4 after subjecting a 3GS to an 8 week cycle of Pink Magic!!

Waiting on the 4 for now. Got the iOS upgrade for my 3GS and it adds some nice functionality. Just waiting for iOS 4 for the iPad now. It pisses me off that I can't post on BB.com and listen to Pandora at the same time but my phone can dammit!

A BodySpace app for the iPad would be killer though. Especially if you could link it with FitDay to track cals and stuff alongside your workouts.

Do you like iOS4 on your 3GS? It seems to absolutely destroy my battery. The multitasking is kinda cool except when everything I open multitasks.