Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    itkanew will become famous soon enough. (+50) itkanew will become famous soon enough. (+50) itkanew will become famous soon enough. (+50) itkanew will become famous soon enough. (+50) itkanew will become famous soon enough. (+50) itkanew will become famous soon enough. (+50) itkanew will become famous soon enough. (+50) itkanew will become famous soon enough. (+50) itkanew will become famous soon enough. (+50) itkanew will become famous soon enough. (+50) itkanew will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Laytechs View Post
    in that report other top brands were just as bad with metals in there isht

ON
    Muscle Milk
    GNC
    BSN - Syntha 6
    Muscle tech

and more
    sigh........

please read up on the report before you start taking things blowing them out of proportion....

cytosportjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) cytosportjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) cytosportjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) cytosportjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) cytosportjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) cytosportjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) cytosportjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) cytosportjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) cytosportjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) cytosportjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) cytosportjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by brandon6317 View Post
    hopefully not... but isn't ON 100% FDA approved? just curious
    No Dietary Supplements are FDA Approved.
    www.cytosport.com
    www.twitter.com/musclemilk
    www.twitter.com/cytomax
    www.myspace.com/cytosport

Questions of Comments? Email customerservice@cytosport.com

cytosportjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) cytosportjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) cytosportjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) cytosportjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) cytosportjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) cytosportjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) cytosportjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) cytosportjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) cytosportjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) cytosportjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) cytosportjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile

Originally Posted by brandon6317 View Post
    hopefully not... but isn't ON 100% FDA approved? just curious
    No Dietary Supplements are FDA Approved.

Clarification of Muscle Milk in Consumer Reports Article

To our CytoSport Muscle Milk customers,

A recent Consumer Reports story raised questions about the trace levels of cadmium and lead found in popular protein shakes including CytoSport Muscle Milk Chocolate and Vanilla Crème powdered shakes. We want to assure you that there is no safety risk from the responsible use of CytoSport Muscle Milk protein shakes.

Consumer Reports testing was based on consumption of three shakes per day and the testing applied proposed U.S Pharmacopeia standards – not current, accepted or approved guidelines. Our recommended up to two servings of Muscle Milk daily, as stated on the label, is well below the current accepted standards and below the proposed U.S. Pharmacopeia limits.

Trace levels of these elements are naturally found in the environment and in many foods we eat daily (such as shellfish, potatoes, rice, and leafy greens). We conduct extensive testing to ensure the quality of our products. Each time the shakes have been tested for elements, such as cadmium and lead, the results are below the limit of all current, well-established safety standards.

You can continue to use Muscle Milk shakes with confidence.

Slugger00001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slugger00001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slugger00001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slugger00001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slugger00001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slugger00001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slugger00001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slugger00001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slugger00001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slugger00001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slugger00001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Laytechs View Post
    in that report other top brands were just as bad with metals in there isht

ON
    Muscle Milk
    GNC
    BSN - Syntha 6
    Muscle tech

and more
    Um no. ON has metals in it but its a safe amount. Not as much as muscle milk.

namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000)
    in to read all this later for i have 2-3 unopened tubs in the closet.

MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by cytosportjb View Post

A recent Consumer Reports story raised questions about the trace levels of cadmium and lead found in popular protein shakes including CytoSport Muscle Milk Chocolate and Vanilla Crème powdered shakes. We want to assure you that there is no safety risk from the responsible use of CytoSport Muscle Milk protein shakes.

Consumer Reports testing was based on consumption of three shakes per day and the testing applied proposed U.S Pharmacopeia standards – not current, accepted or approved guidelines. Our recommended up to two servings of Muscle Milk daily, as stated on the label, is well below the current accepted standards and below the proposed U.S. Pharmacopeia limits.

Trace levels of these elements are naturally found in the environment and in many foods we eat daily (such as shellfish, potatoes, rice, and leafy greens). We conduct extensive testing to ensure the quality of our products. Each time the shakes have been tested for elements, such as cadmium and lead, the results are below the limit of all current, well-established safety standards.

Good to hear. I love MM.
    Back from exile . Please no Autograph requests.

Wolf1524 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wolf1524 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wolf1524 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wolf1524 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wolf1524 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wolf1524 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wolf1524 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wolf1524 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wolf1524 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wolf1524 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wolf1524 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I drink 3 servings of Muscle Milk daily + other supplements.

bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000)

I'll pass

R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000)

I hate this argument, that these shakes are fine in relation to high metal content in fish, etc. That's assuming that the metal content in other foods is OK, IT'S NOT. That **** bio-accumulates and over time may amount to something

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by R_A_M_R_0_D View Post
    I hate this argument, that these shakes are fine in relation to high metal content in fish, etc. That's assuming that the metal content in other foods is OK, IT'S NOT. That **** bio-accumulates and over time may amount to something
    That's one reason I eat catfish.

PilatesMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PilatesMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No amount of lead is safe, I have lots of wheel weights all cast up to make lead bullets. We handle that stuff very carefully and have a special hand soap solution that we use to remove it from our hands if we come in contact with it-5 times more expensive than Joy dish soap but also removes other heavy metals. Ingesting any heavy metal isn't good for you, I don't much care what the FDA or EPA says is a safe level if that number is above 0 it isn't safe, as someone already pointed out it accumulates over time in your body. How much money does the average user spend to detoxify their system and live healthier?

I started using Muscle milk protein powder a month ago to gain weight, but I also gained red spots on my forearms, since I stopped using it they've started to go away...

tony233 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tony233 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tony233 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Muscle MIlk

Originally Posted by PilatesMan View Post
    No amount of lead is safe, I have lots of wheel weights all cast up to make lead bullets. We handle that stuff very carefully and have a special hand soap solution that we use to remove it from our hands if we come in contact with it-5 times more expensive than Joy dish soap but also removes other heavy metals. Ingesting any heavy metal isn't good for you, I don't much care what the FDA or EPA says is a safe level if that number is above 0 it isn't safe, as someone already pointed out it accumulates over time in your body. How much money does the average user spend to detoxify their system and live healthier?

I started using Muscle milk protein powder a month ago to gain weight, but I also gained red spots on my forearms, since I stopped using it they've started to go away...
    You're absolutely right. Ever hear of the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland. His character was based on hatters going nuts from lead they breathed in from when they made hats. Some of the bodybuilders may join the group.
    Tony

Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tony233 View Post
    You're absolutely right. Ever hear of the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland. His character was based on hatters going nuts from lead they breathed in from when they made hats. Some of the bodybuilders may join the group.
    Tony

Don't forget the Romans with their wine.

Then again our word for plumbing comes from latin plumbium, or whatever, which means lead....

Xander is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xander is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xander is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xander is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xander is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xander is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xander is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xander is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xander is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xander is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xander is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mobikwa View Post
    Honestly I think everyone is blowing this way out of proportion. There should be much more concern over the mercury in tuna than this stuff.
    Agreed.....Wait Wut? I eat 1-2 cans of tuna daily!
    *Former* Jeep Brah Crew
    ./l ,[___],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_) ()_)--o-)_)

es368306 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) es368306 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) es368306 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) es368306 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) es368306 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) es368306 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) es368306 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) es368306 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) es368306 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) es368306 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) es368306 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you ingest these metals in daily foods..its almost a laugh at the flaws in the instruments used during the tests and amount of protein tested. this was done because that supplement bill fallout. kinda laugh at the wheybolic tests...180grams of protein..like really? worthy of a lol
    I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing

VetoFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) VetoFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) VetoFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) VetoFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) VetoFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) VetoFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) VetoFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) VetoFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) VetoFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) VetoFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) VetoFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mobikwa View Post
    Honestly I think everyone is blowing this way out of proportion. There should be much more concern over the mercury in tuna than this stuff.
    Exactly...or shrimp, or an apple. There are so many foods with more mercury than these protein supplements...just another case of the fda coming down on the industry.

chrisr824 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisr824 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im pretty sure this study did not release its methods for the research which invalidates it until said data is supplied.

And for what it is worth... im in pharmacy school and had an herbal supplements lecture from a guywho owns a company that does similiar testing on herbal supplements and he said its VERY difficult to find supplemental products that arent high in metals. Only companiesthat are fair trade organic and maintain their own supplies or buy their herbs locally should really be trusted.

eh anyway with all this i still pound protein until some real hard facts are put out there

Originally Posted by VetoFunk View Post
    Exactly...or shrimp, or an apple. There are so many foods with more mercury than these protein supplements...just another case of the fda coming down on the industry.
    Whoa there, what does the FDA have to do with this, exactly??

Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    Whoa there, what does the FDA have to do with this, exactly??
    Nothing!

They were tested by Consumer Reports.
    *RCSS Rep*

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ronnie-coleman-signature-series.html

Originally Posted by Free Weight Friedel View Post
    Nothing!

They were tested by Consumer Reports.

Exactly my point.

I was looking forward to his response, though.

YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000) YANGSHIM is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Brothylated View Post
    ahahahahahahha

im getting ON gold or dymatize elite whey isolate

why didnt they test dymatize..

African Booty Scratcher Kkoa12h's Avatar
    Kkoa12h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Interesting thread. The information is out there and its now up to the users (or non-users) to make their own educated decisions. Is it worth the possible risk or not.
    "Never throw a stone and hide your hand"

blackscorp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackscorp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackscorp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackscorp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackscorp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackscorp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackscorp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackscorp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackscorp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackscorp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackscorp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Kkoa12h View Post
    Interesting thread. The information is out there and its now up to the users (or non-users) to make their own educated decisions. Is it worth the possible risk or not.
    If I drink enough Muscle Milk will my bones become lead?

That would be cool.

surfsatwerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) surfsatwerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) surfsatwerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) surfsatwerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) surfsatwerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) surfsatwerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) surfsatwerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) surfsatwerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) surfsatwerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) surfsatwerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) surfsatwerk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Kkoa12h View Post
    Except people don't make "educated decisions". They over-react based on half information and speculation.

blackscorp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackscorp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackscorp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackscorp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackscorp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackscorp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackscorp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackscorp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackscorp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackscorp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blackscorp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by surfsatwerk View Post
    Except people don't make "educated decisions". They over-react based on half information and speculation.
    Completely correct. However, if I have two servings of MM, I get extreme headaches and wake up feeling like I have a hangover. I dont know if its due to the levels of metal or something else, but its the only protein that does that to me.

sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

surfsatwerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) surfsatwerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) surfsatwerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) surfsatwerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) surfsatwerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) surfsatwerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) surfsatwerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) surfsatwerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) surfsatwerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) surfsatwerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) surfsatwerk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by blackscorp View Post
    Completely correct. However, if I have two servings of MM, I get extreme headaches and wake up feeling like I have a hangover. I dont know if its due to the levels of metal or something else, but its the only protein that does that to me.
    Personally I can't stand the taste of the vanilla flavor. It's all I can do to choke the stuff down, but at the same time I doubt my reaction is caused by toxic shock from all the "contaminants" present in the product.

Originally Posted by surfsatwerk View Post
    Personally I can't stand the taste of the vanilla flavor. It's all I can do to choke the stuff down, but at the same time I doubt my reaction is caused by toxic shock from all the "contaminants" present in the product.
    No, I have Cake Batter flavor, which IMO is the absolute bomb. I use it for desert sometimes to kill the craving for Cake Batter Ice Cream. Its def one of the best tasting proteins imo.

However, due to the headaches and the reports, I am completely stopping usage after this 2.78 lb is done.

Registered User bloodsimple1234's Avatar
    bloodsimple1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bloodsimple1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bloodsimple1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bloodsimple1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bloodsimple1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bloodsimple1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bloodsimple1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bloodsimple1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bloodsimple1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bloodsimple1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bloodsimple1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by blackscorp View Post
    No, I have Cake Batter flavor, which IMO is the absolute bomb. I use it for desert sometimes to kill the craving for Cake Batter Ice Cream. Its def one of the best tasting proteins imo.

However, due to the headaches and the reports, I am completely stopping usage after this 2.78 lb is done.
    those reports were a sham and it was proven how biased they were.

terrible work