Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Recomp & Motivated Arr =) sid007's Avatar
    sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by whatevergirl View Post
    Good idea! haha The scale is evil, I tell you...pure evil!
    Hah yeah I try to do it no more then once a week. That daily thing can drive you nuts
    Down 15% BF Up 6 % Muscle in 7 months (March, April, May, June, July, Aug, Sept 2010)
    Maint / Recomp (oct 2010 - July 2011)
    Aug/Sep/Oct '11 - fat loss / cut Goal: 1 lb every 5 days / (3500 cals burnt every 5 days - 400 cal deficit food | 300 cal deficit gym daily)

My Fat Stack: Fish Oil, Olive Oil, Flax, PB, Eggs, Almonds, Almond Butter, CLA
    My Protein Stack: Chicken, Lean Steak, Deli Turkey, Fish, Egg Whites, Greek Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, ON Whey

HardWorkandRest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HardWorkandRest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HardWorkandRest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HardWorkandRest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HardWorkandRest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HardWorkandRest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HardWorkandRest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HardWorkandRest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HardWorkandRest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HardWorkandRest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HardWorkandRest has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I learned how to removed window regulators in the new 760Li, all about the body electronics system, and that the DME's(ECU's) are water cooled from the charge air system. I'm a BMW tech in training, and we are currently taking the F01, or new 7 series class.

On the bodybuilding spectrum, I've learned how writing personal goals and values down every morning helps complete them throughout the day, and make you really understand how easy it is to just do what you want. Every morning I tell myself, Be Great Today, write it down, and at least three things that will motivate me to work on my weaknesses everyday. It's only been three days, but it feels great at the end of the day reviewing what I wrote in the morning and knowing I made progress towards the way I desire to be.
    Nothin but a peanut!

Even if winning isn't logical, losing is far from optional.

Team FrvrMuscle

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by HardWorkandRest View Post
    I learned how to removed window regulators in the new 760Li, all about the body electronics system, and that the DME's(ECU's) are water cooled from the charge air system. I'm a BMW tech in training, and we are currently taking the F01, or new 7 series class.

On the bodybuilding spectrum, I've learned how writing personal goals and values down every morning helps complete them throughout the day, and make you really understand how easy it is to just do what you want. Every morning I tell myself, Be Great Today, write it down, and at least three things that will motivate me to work on my weaknesses everyday. It's only been three days, but it feels great at the end of the day reviewing what I wrote in the morning and knowing I made progress towards the way I desire to be.
    I really luv this...thanks for sharing!

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What did I learn today....hmmm....NOTHING! That's kinda sad, no?

ParaDoX667Aus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile

This week I have learned that there are scum bags everywhere and that their cowardice far outweighs anything else.

I also learned that the better you do your job, the more people are going to nitpick about little tiny things, just to make themselves feel better.

On the positive side: I learned that any negative, can be reflected on and become a positive.
    For instance my fiance was attacked and robbed (see first point) she is now determined to become stronger as a person and be able to defend herself.
    Stats:
    01/07/2010 - 88.7kg / 23.7% bodyfat
    09/07/2010 - 85.4kg / 22.7% (scale) 19.5% (caliper) bodyfat
    16/07/2010 - 85.0kg / 22% (scale) bodyfat
    24/07/2010 - 84.7kg / 21.8 % (Scale) bodyfat
    07/08/2010 - 84.4kg / 21.8% (Scale) bodyfat

Goal:
    75kg / 10% bodyfat 01/10/2010

Needsalt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Needsalt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Needsalt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Needsalt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Needsalt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Needsalt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Needsalt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Needsalt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Needsalt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Needsalt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Needsalt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wait...I learned something then too...why can't a person increase lifts every week, when cutting?
    I just dont have the energy for it, other people might be different though.

kingjorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thought this would be an ongoing thread, to share what you learned this week, good or bad about yourself, through your workouts. Maybe something great happened in your life, that positively affected your workouts...maybe someone inspired you...maybe you ran a mile extra this week...maybe you lifted more than you thought possible. Maybe you felt like giving up, but you didn't. Whatever it is that happened to you...share it.

For me, I've learned that there is so much to weight lifting I never knew, and I'm so excited to learn more and more and take my weight training beyond being toned...

I learned how to do a deadlift this week, and LOVE it.

I learned that if I keep running consistently every week...I'll get faster...and I am! I ran over 5 miles tonight, nearly straight. (I was a runner for a while, then got injured, and couldn't run/barely walk for over a year!) So...this is a little victory tonight for me.

Please share what you learned this week...
    I've learned that life is to short to complain about things you cant change
    LOOK GOOD FEEL GOOD

DoomMetalDarryl is just really nice. (+1000) DoomMetalDarryl is just really nice. (+1000) DoomMetalDarryl is just really nice. (+1000) DoomMetalDarryl is just really nice. (+1000) DoomMetalDarryl is just really nice. (+1000) DoomMetalDarryl is just really nice. (+1000) DoomMetalDarryl is just really nice. (+1000) DoomMetalDarryl is just really nice. (+1000) DoomMetalDarryl is just really nice. (+1000) DoomMetalDarryl is just really nice. (+1000) DoomMetalDarryl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ParaDoX667Aus View Post
    This week I have learned that there are scum bags everywhere and that their cowardice far outweighs anything else.

I also learned that the better you do your job, the more people are going to nitpick about little tiny things, just to make themselves feel better.

On the positive side: I learned that any negative, can be reflected on and become a positive.
    For instance my fiance was attacked and robbed (see first point) she is now determined to become stronger as a person and be able to defend herself.
    We get our emotions from what we make things mean. So the trick is to train your own associations. The point is to take the worst things that happen to us and make them a launching point to change ourselves.

What did I learn today....hmmm....NOTHING! That's kinda sad, no?
    Just look more closely
    Last edited by DoomMetalDarryl; 06-17-2010 at 08:01 AM.

Originally Posted by kingjorge View Post
    I've learned that life is to short to complain about things you cant change
    ^^^this
    Why do I keep learning that one, though? You'd think I'd get it and be done with that lesson.

-Snes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -Snes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -Snes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -Snes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -Snes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -Snes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -Snes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -Snes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -Snes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -Snes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -Snes is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I learned that i have to start doing much more cardio, and not just weight lifting.

Went on my first 7:00 AM jog this morning, felt great. There was nothing better than coming home and taking a cold shower and making a big breakfast.

Originally Posted by -Snes View Post
    I learned that i have to start doing much more cardio, and not just weight lifting.

Went on my first 7:00 AM jog this morning, felt great. There was nothing better than coming home and taking a cold shower and making a big breakfast.
    so are you saying sleep is overrated?

that which has emerged Alan David's Avatar
    Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've learned that I can push past fatigue, and walk past temptations even more this week than last week. That in itself is pretty cool, and very motivating.
    "The two kinds of people, on earth I mean, are the people who lift and the people who lean."

-Snes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -Snes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -Snes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -Snes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -Snes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -Snes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -Snes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -Snes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -Snes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -Snes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) -Snes is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    so are you saying sleep is overrated?
    I've been getting up at 1:00 PM for the past while... needed to change it up a bit lol.

I did learn something this week....well, a few things.

1) sometimes, the form I take with my deadlifts is wrong (or I'm rushing the lift, is more of what it is instead of progressing up smooth and slow), and I hurt my lower back this week --still new at it...

2) Taking a break from running so my ankle can heal has tested my resolve to racing this year. At first, I felt like giving up with it...but, I'm going to heal, and get back at running...and then get a few races underway this year...no matter what.

3) My parents died by the time I turned 10, and I guess I thought at some point, a person stops missing them. But, this week, I really miss them...and learned that it's okay to. Doesn't mean I'm weak.

Originally Posted by -Snes View Post
    I've been getting up at 1:00 PM for the past while... needed to change it up a bit lol.
    HAHA 1PM? Hmmm..yes,that had to change for sure! Glad you got your run in...that's really great.

cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cfreetenor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I learned to be patient, and to look for progress where I can find it.

Scale hasn't been dropping by very much recently, but I feel like I'm still getting some noob muscle gains that may be counteracting the weight of the fat being lost - which when you think about it, is even better than just a lower number.

that which has emerged Alan David's Avatar
    Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cfreetenor View Post
    Scale hasn't been dropping by very much recently, but I feel like I'm still getting some noob muscle gains that may be counteracting the weight of the fat being lost - which when you think about it, is even better than just a lower number.
    Same here ! Tracking my calories in and calories burnt in cardio on a spreadsheet.
    Dropped 4 pounds in the last 3 weeks but it seems a little slower this week - however I can see and feel real changes other people have commented on it.

Calorie deficit, with lots of protein, and a good increase in the weights I'm lifting all working out well.
    "The two kinds of people, on earth I mean, are the people who lift and the people who lean."

Originally Posted by adoganalog View Post
    Same here ! Tracking my calories in and calories burnt in cardio on a spreadsheet.
    Dropped 4 pounds in the last 3 weeks but it seems a little slower this week - however I can see and feel real changes other people have commented on it.

Calorie deficit, with lots of protein, and a good increase in the weights I'm lifting all working out well.
    It's nice when people notice...people whom I work have asked me what I've been ''doing,'' it's a good feeling. Not the reason we do this, right? But, it's a nice byproduct.

Good on the weight loss for you, too.

DoomMetalDarryl is just really nice. (+1000) DoomMetalDarryl is just really nice. (+1000) DoomMetalDarryl is just really nice. (+1000) DoomMetalDarryl is just really nice. (+1000) DoomMetalDarryl is just really nice. (+1000) DoomMetalDarryl is just really nice. (+1000) DoomMetalDarryl is just really nice. (+1000) DoomMetalDarryl is just really nice. (+1000) DoomMetalDarryl is just really nice. (+1000) DoomMetalDarryl is just really nice. (+1000) DoomMetalDarryl is just really nice. (+1000)
    3) My parents died by the time I turned 10, and I guess I thought at some point, a person stops missing them. But, this week, I really miss them...and learned that it's okay to. Doesn't mean I'm weak.
    I have a friend at work who's sort of everyone's motherly friend. When my mom died, she was really good to me when I wanted to talk about her. She told me that her mom died 20 years ago and she still misses her. I guess it just becomes a part of who we are.

And you're right, it's NOT weakness. Especially if you're honest with yourself about your feelings and face them. It's OK to feel what you feel!

Originally Posted by DoomMetalDarryl View Post
    I have a friend at work who's sort of everyone's motherly friend. When my mom died, she was really good to me when I wanted to talk about her. She told me that her mom died 20 years ago and she still misses her. I guess it just becomes a part of who we are.

And you're right, it's NOT weakness. Especially if you're honest with yourself about your feelings and face them. It's OK to feel what you feel!
    Thanks Darryl. {{hugs}}

Socrateez is on a distinguished road. (+10) Socrateez is on a distinguished road. (+10) Socrateez is on a distinguished road. (+10) Socrateez is on a distinguished road. (+10) Socrateez is on a distinguished road. (+10) Socrateez is on a distinguished road. (+10) Socrateez is on a distinguished road. (+10) Socrateez is on a distinguished road. (+10) Socrateez is on a distinguished road. (+10) Socrateez is on a distinguished road. (+10) Socrateez is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I learned that as long as I am at a deficit, eating clean, and doing my cardio, my weight continues to drop off just as fast whether I have 40g of carbs a day or 140g. The only difference is that I feel much better on 140g and have more intense workouts, which may be what makes up the difference.

MZ360 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MZ360 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MZ360 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MZ360 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MZ360 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MZ360 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MZ360 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MZ360 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MZ360 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MZ360 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MZ360 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This week:

At work: How to do cost break down and bill of materials for our upcoming bids and proposals

At home: That I cannot stop my 14 yr old from turning 15 soon Ive accepted and embraced it and will throw her the best 15th bday party ever!

Bodybuilding: Not this week but I live by this: If your gonna be Bear ..be a Grizzly!!
    *live..love..lift* & Deadlift

Originally Posted by MZ360 View Post
    This week:

At work: How to do cost break down and bill of materials for our upcoming bids and proposals

At home: That I cannot stop my 14 yr old from turning 15 soon Ive accepted and embraced it and will throw her the best 15th bday party ever!

Bodybuilding: Not this week but I live by this: If your gonna be Bear ..be a Grizzly!!
    Love your last line. It's great to see what people learn...and I guess no matter how old we are...we keep learning.

Thanks for sharing!

saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000)
    I learned too much cardio on a caloric deficit will cause you to blackout on the treadmill lol.
    "Man is pupil, Pain is his teacher"

- Chinese Proverb

"GO BIG OR GO HOME" 208-need-175's Avatar
    208-need-175 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 208-need-175 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 208-need-175 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 208-need-175 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 208-need-175 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 208-need-175 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 208-need-175 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 208-need-175 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 208-need-175 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 208-need-175 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 208-need-175 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Summer is boring. 3 weeks till I can get my license. And my birthday is on the 22nd of this month. Don't want any presents though :l
    "Your not your ****ing khaki's."

"If your not growing your stagnating."

hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I learned that I have to take it slower with women. My confidence and directness intimidate most females especially when it's coupled with my sincerity. I've now had the last three women or so that I've been interested in turn and run because of it. I'm naturally a very aggressive/assertive personality and I have an innate ability to connect with people.

However, I think that sometimes I need to actually hold back part of myself because it's just too much for any female to handle in the beginning.

I'm working on it everyday but I have a really hard time not being completely Authentic 100% of the time. Oh well, hopefully I'll keep making progress.

Originally Posted by hublife View Post
    I learned that I have to take it slower with women. My confidence and directness intimidate most females especially when it's coupled with my sincerity. I've now had the last three women or so that I've been interested in turn and run because of it. I'm naturally a very aggressive/assertive personality and I have an innate ability to connect with people.

However, I think that sometimes I need to actually hold back part of myself because it's just too much for any female to handle in the beginning.

I'm working on it everyday but I have a really hard time not being completely Authentic 100% of the time. Oh well, hopefully I'll keep making progress.

That's truly great that you have come to that realization yourself. You *have* to be authentic though...don't change your core self...I am of the opinion that if a person meets that ''right'' other person...then things just have a way of clicking...KWIM?

However, if you tend to push away ''all'' women that you are interested in...hmmm...I mean, then maybe scaling the aggressiveness back might not be a bad idea. I don't think there are enough assertive men out there, frankly...so, hopefully, you'll meet a nice woman someday soon who appreciates your chivalrous nature.

Be true to who you are. Because so many times I have seen this...friends of mine change a little of who they are (and it's not like you are a drug addict and need to change THAT...LOL Yes, there are sometimes bad things we need to change about ourselves but that's not the case here, I don't think) they attract men because of the CHANGES they made, and then the relationship fizzles because eventually, their authentic selves come out, and the guys are like....oh, I didn't know this about you. Well, if you are authentic from the get go...then, you'll attract people who want you for you.

Just my two cents worth of the day! Happy Friday...Friday makes all things better.
    Last edited by whatevergirl; 06-18-2010 at 06:40 AM.

Originally Posted by 208-need-175 View Post
    Summer is boring. 3 weeks till I can get my license. And my birthday is on the 22nd of this month. Don't want any presents though :l
    Happy early birthday!

Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Your first line. I need to keep reading that ....I don't know why I sometimes let minor ''setbacks'' get me down. But...you're right. Not the end of the world, and I learned today (from another poster here) to not focus on what I ''can't do'' (can't run with my sprain) but focus on what I can do....running isn't the only cardio on the planet.

Love epiphanies.
    Yes! Its a lesson that you have to keep telling yourself and try to not to let petty things get in the way of your focus and visions!
    Motivation/Dedication/Time=Results

-"Command And Conquer" -

I've learned this week...that sometimes, you need to ask others for help. And it's okay to do that. We're not islands...