tgutz is on a distinguished road. (+10) tgutz is on a distinguished road. (+10) tgutz is on a distinguished road. (+10) tgutz is on a distinguished road. (+10) tgutz is on a distinguished road. (+10) tgutz is on a distinguished road. (+10) tgutz is on a distinguished road. (+10) tgutz is on a distinguished road. (+10) tgutz is on a distinguished road. (+10) tgutz is on a distinguished road. (+10) tgutz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

ever hear of a rib injury doing leg presses?

About a week ago I was doing leg presses and on a set I could easily get 20 reps, on about the 16th rep. I must have come down too fast or too far (or both ) and seemingly "popped " my rib on my lower left side
    It did not break, but it surely hurts. I ice and compress, when needed. Anyone ever hear of such an injury?
    " I relish the strain, the flush of blood and, most of all, the challenge of conquering the weights."
    Yates - 1996

" I see guys coming into the gym, and they're the same person every time. No one is forcing you to do it; you're there because you choose to be there, so why put 80% into it and get almost nothing out of that?"
    Branch Warren

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tgutz View Post
    About a week ago I was doing leg presses and on a set I could easily get 20 reps, on about the 16th rep. I must have come down too fast or too far (or both ) and seemingly "popped " my rib on my lower left side
    It did not break, but it surely hurts. I ice and compress, when needed. Anyone ever hear of such an injury?
    Yep. Did it about a month after I started training again in January. Took about another month to heal. It's a nagging injury.

Too fast and too deep, then a "pop" feeling, just like you described.

I didn't do leg press again until the pain was pretty much gone. Stayed with Squats and hack slides.

-=FLEX=-
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't know how I keep doing it, but a rib keeps getting out of place. My chiro pops it back in and voila - pain is gone.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=17995794

Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've done the same thing on the leg press. It happened at the very bottom of the movement and felt like my insides pushed the rib out and it popped.

It's a lingering injury that still flares up once in awhile and it's been months since I popped it. Stopped doing leg presses because of it. Thought doing leg presses might be safer than doing squats. I might have been wrong.
    "Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better!"

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. -A. R. Bernard

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places."
    Ernest Hemingway - "A Farewell to Arms"

IronKarate1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronKarate1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronKarate1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronKarate1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronKarate1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronKarate1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronKarate1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronKarate1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronKarate1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronKarate1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronKarate1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Rib

I did the same thing about 1.5 years ago. At the bottom of the leg press with a smaller weight for 20 reps. Made the same popping sound. Once this heals I would be careful in the future. Overall I have had the same injury in the same spot 3 times over the last 2 years. The first was the leg press, the next was sparring in Karate, and the last and most recent (and most painful) was in jui-jitsu. I went to the doctor for the last one and once you have injuries like this they never quite heal back 100% and you are more likely to have the same thing happen in the future. I can still feel mine a bit from the jui-jitsu injury 6 months ago.

MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I too suffered with 'popped' ribs for a couple of years. I would spend $60 at the chiro to get things re-aligned and popped back into place. I then discoved the miracle of using a foam roller. Now, whenever I feel something pop-out, I immediately grab the foam roller at the gym or at home and roll the heck out of my back. I can feel things re-align and the pain is relieved. I haven't had to go back to the chiro for my rib for about a year now. Get one!

DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000)
    When I was young and foolish (about 4 years ago) I got a severe rib injury from deadlifts!

Then I discovered this "form" thing, and haven't done anything as stupid since LOL
    Regards,

Duncan

Workout Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6716581

gabrielvalle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face rib pop duromg leg presses

I'm one more the experience the same problem as you guys! I was doing leg press and start adding weight and on my last set I went to low and then I heard the sound and felt the pain...

I believe is just a matter of allowing things to get better and train smarter and may be lighter if experience pain :0(

philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Some years ago I read an article telling us not to preform single legged leg presses, as it does cause hip and low back and hip imbalances. While I do zero weighted squats and standing overhead presses..... With my left hip pain and low back, I am able to do the 30 second leg press negatives, positive, negative and am increasing the time and weight. Examined by two MD and no problems.
    Do what's right.

Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I pulled my lower lat on my right side doing presses back in the day. I couldn't roll over in bed for a month.

WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WBNATL is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I have also had the same injury. It was caused by HAW (heavy ass weight) lowered too fast and too deep. It took about a week for it to heal. Lesson learned was to take my time lol.

Growing a six pack? ILurkAtWork's Avatar
    ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Broke a rib squatting. PR was so easy I went for 2, that was so easy I went for 3--should have stopped at two.

BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000)
    Been there myself about 2 years ago. Hurt so bad I felt like I couldn't catch my breath (breathing normal)
    ~*~* THIS SPACE FOR SUPPLEMENT COMPANY RENT ~*~*

My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of ________________.

txgolfer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) txgolfer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) txgolfer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) txgolfer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) txgolfer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) txgolfer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) txgolfer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) txgolfer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) txgolfer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) txgolfer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) txgolfer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'll chime in and have experienced it too. Had plans to do 10 sets of progressively heavy weights. On the 9th set and 15th rep (last rep for set) with 900 lbs, I felt like my rib and muscle popped on the right side in the lower lat area when I was pushing that last rep. Needless to say, I didn't attempt the 10th set. It took a good month to heal and got some serious bruising. The Dr. prescribed anti-inflammatories to reduce the swelling.

kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've had my fair share of injuries. But not that one, per se. Sounds like a 'bruised' rib. I had that once from a skiing accident.
    Takes a couple of weeks. Plenty of others in here seem to have done the same thing.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Available as a rep

InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ILurkAtWork View Post
    Broke a rib squatting. PR was so easy I went for 2, that was so easy I went for 3--should have stopped at two.
    Ouch. Don't you hate it when everything is going smoothly and then that last rep bites you in the arse?! Been there with my back recently.
    "Sammiches are like sets of 20 rep squats; if you need a second one, the first one wasn't heavy enough." - DuracellBunny