icu222much is on a distinguished road. (+10) icu222much is on a distinguished road. (+10) icu222much is on a distinguished road. (+10) icu222much is on a distinguished road. (+10) icu222much is on a distinguished road. (+10) icu222much is on a distinguished road. (+10) icu222much is on a distinguished road. (+10) icu222much is on a distinguished road. (+10) icu222much is on a distinguished road. (+10) icu222much is on a distinguished road. (+10) icu222much is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How to Exercise in a Gym?

When I go to the gym, I always do about 7 reps of bench press, 7 reps of pull downs, 7 reps of dumbbells, 7 reps of legs, then back to 7 reps of bench and I continue cycling though this until I leave the gym. In addition, part way though I would often run on the elliptical for a while to give my muscles a short rest.

I am wondering if this is an efficient way of exercising, or would it be better for me to stick to one machine to do several sets before moving onto another machine?

In addition, I have been using the elliptical for the past two weeks for about 5 minutes at a time. I find that often times my stomach starts to feel uneasy after I get off the machine and sometimes I have the feeling like I am about to vomit. Is that normal?

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Look under your chair. YOU GET A REP, AND YOU GET A REP, REPS FOR EVERYONE! If I get a rep, you get a rep, every time. Give me a link to make my life a little easier.

If you don't give me a link and you didn't post in the thread you rep'd me in, I'm not gonna go searching for you. I'll get everyone on recharge.

DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    strong join date to workout knowledge ratio.

look around for proven workouts like madcows... read the stickies on the workout and exercise section.. good stuff

jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by icu222much View Post
    When I go to the gym, I always do about 7 reps of bench press, 7 reps of pull downs, 7 reps of dumbbells, 7 reps of legs, then back to 7 reps of bench and I continue cycling though this until I leave the gym. In addition, part way though I would often run on the elliptical for a while to give my muscles a short rest.

I am wondering if this is an efficient way of exercising, or would it be better for me to stick to one machine to do several sets before moving onto another machine?

In addition, I have been using the elliptical for the past two weeks for about 5 minutes at a time. I find that often times my stomach starts to feel uneasy after I get off the machine and sometimes I have the feeling like I am about to vomit. Is that normal?
    This isn't especially useful information...

7 reps bench press (flat bench only?)
    7 reps dumbbells (I assume you mean curls?)
    7 reps legs (what part of the legs? what exercise?)
    How many sets do you do?

What you are doing is fine for the most part. It is called circuit training.
    " M as in Mancy"

dont_hate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dont_hate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dont_hate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dont_hate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dont_hate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dont_hate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dont_hate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dont_hate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dont_hate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dont_hate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dont_hate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what are your goals?

icu222much is on a distinguished road. (+10) icu222much is on a distinguished road. (+10) icu222much is on a distinguished road. (+10) icu222much is on a distinguished road. (+10) icu222much is on a distinguished road. (+10) icu222much is on a distinguished road. (+10) icu222much is on a distinguished road. (+10) icu222much is on a distinguished road. (+10) icu222much is on a distinguished road. (+10) icu222much is on a distinguished road. (+10) icu222much is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My goal is to increase my strength.

I do flat bench press (I believe that is what it is called). I lay flat on my back, and there is an arm that extends overtop of me which is attached to weights. I do not bench like how they do in a jail where you would have a spotter to spot you.

I do curls, and lately I have been taking light weights (10lbs) and moving my arms sideways (like flapping my arms like a bird).

I have stopped exercising my legs for a now.

There is no set amount of sets I do. I do always at least 3. Sometimes, I feel energetic enough, I do even 6.

I am wondering if circuit training is an efficient way? I was looking into P90X where it uses muscle confusion which is means your body won't adapt to your workouts. I am afraid if I continue circuit training, my body will adapt therefore my workouts won't be as effective. Is this true?

Epic Beard Man's Mentor mustangguy1980's Avatar
    mustangguy1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mustangguy1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mustangguy1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mustangguy1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mustangguy1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mustangguy1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mustangguy1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mustangguy1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mustangguy1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mustangguy1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mustangguy1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My goal is to increase my strength.

I do flat bench press (I believe that is what it is called). I lay flat on my back, and there is an arm that extends overtop of me which is attached to weights. I do not bench like how they do in a jail where you would have a spotter to spot you.

I do curls, and lately I have been taking light weights (10lbs) and moving my arms sideways (like flapping my arms like a bird).

I have stopped exercising my legs for a now.

There is no set amount of sets I do. I do always at least 3. Sometimes, I feel energetic enough, I do even 6.

I am wondering if circuit training is an efficient way? I was looking into P90X where it uses muscle confusion which is means your body won't adapt to your workouts. I am afraid if I continue circuit training, my body will adapt therefore my workouts won't be as effective. Is this true?
    I just want to make sure I've got you correct here. According to your post, you're doing dumbbell bench, dumbbell curls, and some form of lateral raises, each exercise 7 reps, between 3-6 sets? How often do you do this (times per week)?

I hate to tell you, but doing this limited of an amount of movements isn't going to contribute to a great amount of overall total strength. You may find, for example, that your biceps might get noticeably stronger, but your triceps, which make up 2/3rds of your upper arm, are seriously lagging behind.

Your best bet would be to look at programs such as Rippetoe's to start out with and go from there.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224
    "Motivation alone is not enough. If you have an idiot and you motivate him, now you have a motivated idiot."

"I have a great diet. You're allowed to eat anything you want, but you must eat it with naked fat people."

I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I_try has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do not bench like how they do in a jail where you would have a spotter to spot you.
    I lol'd
    (Insert E-stats here)

bomb1977 is just really nice. (+1000) bomb1977 is just really nice. (+1000) bomb1977 is just really nice. (+1000) bomb1977 is just really nice. (+1000) bomb1977 is just really nice. (+1000) bomb1977 is just really nice. (+1000) bomb1977 is just really nice. (+1000) bomb1977 is just really nice. (+1000) bomb1977 is just really nice. (+1000) bomb1977 is just really nice. (+1000) bomb1977 is just really nice. (+1000)

My training buddy and I use the 5/3/1 warmup and 3 sets of 5 reps. But then again we're not insects, we don't specialize and do isolation exercises. Compound lifts only...

Day A - Squats, Deadlifts, Bench Press, Dips
    Day B - Squats, Overhead Presses, Powercleans, Chin Ups

The warm up is typically 5 reps of just the bar to loosen up, 3 reps at maybe 1/4-1/3 max and 1 rep of about 1/2 max. Then into 3 sets of 5 for the working set portion of the workout.

Some call it Starting Strength, other call it "rippetoes" but the latter tend to know nothing about the man Mark Rippetoe who created the routine. Do the workouts, eat a crapload of food and drink the milk and...you grow.

Bastardize the program and try to make your own hybrid workout, don't eat enough food and don't drink enough milk and it won't work.

Simple.

Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do not bench like how they do in a jail where you would have a spotter to spot you.
    ROFL wut!?!?!

chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Nobody is this ignorant.

Lol... well I didn't mean that in a jail you would have spotters.

I mean the jail style bench.. I dunno what it is called.. maybe free weight bench press?

When I think of this, I think of guys in a yard benching.
    Attached Images

medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by bomb1977 View Post
    But then again we're not insects, we don't specialize and do isolation exercises.
    So...you're saying bumblebees do lots of kickbacks?
    -

Unregistered Broscientist mr_ben's Avatar
    mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mr_ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

strong join date to thread question ratio.