Reply
Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 1886
  1. #91
    Squats do a body good! musicianman's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Antarctica
    Age: 28
    Posts: 11,234
    Rep Power: 8351
    musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    musicianman is offline
    Originally Posted by mass922 View Post
    I'm in on this.

    Current DL max is 332x3

    (2 25kg plates, 1 15kg plate on each side, I think that math is right)

    going back on Thursday and seeing if I can get 340 or 350.


    And I'm just figuring by 6 plates you mean 6x45lb plates on each side?

    i.e. 585lb DL? Sounds like a fun goal to me.
    You are right.

    Nice, good to have you in.
    Training, philosophy, nutrition and biomedical discussion (2.0): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146797403

    Video log:
    www.YouTube.com/Frootlups
    Reply With Quote

  2. #92
    Squats do a body good! musicianman's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Antarctica
    Age: 28
    Posts: 11,234
    Rep Power: 8351
    musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    musicianman is offline
    Current PR's (6/1/10):
    _Jordo: 225
    The4thMan: 230x3
    -Lucifer: 300
    matt297: 308
    mass992: 332x3
    Basely: 375x2
    Ironlife: 420
    acm807: 425
    Musicality: 425
    400Lb Gorilla: 405x3
    Scurn: 440
    Jrahe: 450
    Blizzard589: 465
    Wick: 440x5
    Justin-27: 500
    vsvs: 500x3
    Training, philosophy, nutrition and biomedical discussion (2.0): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146797403

    Video log:
    www.YouTube.com/Frootlups
    Reply With Quote

  3. #93
    Registered User Blizzard589's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2008
    Age: 30
    Posts: 8,031
    Rep Power: 25274
    Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Blizzard589 is offline
    So I'm going for a deadlift PR tomorrow. How do you guys think is the best way to warm up to the max lift? I'm hoping to pull 495x1.
    Planted like a tree beside the river of truth.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #94
    Squats do a body good! musicianman's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Antarctica
    Age: 28
    Posts: 11,234
    Rep Power: 8351
    musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    musicianman is offline
    Originally Posted by Blizzard589 View Post
    So I'm going for a deadlift PR tomorrow. How do you guys think is the best way to warm up to the max lift? I'm hoping to pull 495x1.
    225x5, 315x1, 365x1, 405x1, 495x1 IMO.

    I'm never doing multiple reps with more than 60% of my 1RM again on max days. I tried to "warm up" with 315x8 followed by 365x4 the other day, and realized that I had completely burnt myself out by the time I got to 405.

    Might as well try it. It's also good to do some back arches and dynamic toe touches beforehand to loosen up your hammies (e.g. stand with your hands up, and touch each hand to the opposing foot before standing back up and repeating with the other side).
    Training, philosophy, nutrition and biomedical discussion (2.0): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146797403

    Video log:
    www.YouTube.com/Frootlups
    Reply With Quote

  5. #95
    Registered User Blizzard589's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2008
    Age: 30
    Posts: 8,031
    Rep Power: 25274
    Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Blizzard589 is offline
    Originally Posted by musicality213 View Post
    225x5, 315x1, 365x1, 405x1, 495x1 IMO.

    I'm never doing multiple reps with more than 60% of my 1RM again on max days. I tried to "warm up" with 315x8 followed by 365x4 the other day, and realized that I had completely burnt myself out by the time I got to 405.

    Might as well try it. It's also good to do some back arches and dynamic toe touches beforehand to loosen up your hammies (e.g. stand with your hands up, and touch each hand to the opposing foot before standing back up and repeating with the other side).
    Thanks, man. I was thinking along the same lines. Definitely nothing but singles after 3 plates, that's for sure. I made that mistake as well last time I tried maxing. Good tip on loosening the hammies. I always do some dynamic movements before lifting and tomorrow will definitely be no exception.

    I'm so psyched about this I can't even sleep. Drinking some Tazo Lotus decaf tea (with added creatine) to calm my nerves and I'll hit the hay in a minute.
    Planted like a tree beside the river of truth.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #96
    'Defiant to Injuries' Ironlife's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: State / Province, Australia
    Posts: 29,909
    Rep Power: 41968
    Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ironlife is offline
    Originally Posted by Blizzard589 View Post
    Thanks, man. I was thinking along the same lines. Definitely nothing but singles after 3 plates, that's for sure. I made that mistake as well last time I tried maxing. Good tip on loosening the hammies. I always do some dynamic movements before lifting and tomorrow will definitely be no exception.

    I'm so psyched about this I can't even sleep. Drinking some Tazo Lotus decaf tea (with added creatine) to calm my nerves and I'll hit the hay in a minute.
    135x5 225x3 315x 1 405x1 495x1
    Im going for 440 next back session, i recon i can summon the emotional and physical strength to do so.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Reply With Quote

  7. #97
    Time to Grow Justin-27's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Posts: 2,157
    Rep Power: 2042
    Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Justin-27 is offline
    For my 500 day, I did:

    135x6
    225x3 (maybe 4 I forget)
    315x2
    405x1
    455x1
    500x1

    Im not sure there is a benefit to the 455 set, but my previous PR was 430, so I knew 455 was successful in that regard. 405 to 495 might be a bigger jump than you can handle. Just see how you feel after 405. Gluck.
    Reply With Quote

  8. #98
    'Defiant to Injuries' Ironlife's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: State / Province, Australia
    Posts: 29,909
    Rep Power: 41968
    Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ironlife is offline
    Originally Posted by Justin-27 View Post
    For my 500 day, I did:

    135x6
    225x3 (maybe 4 I forget)
    315x2
    405x1
    455x1
    500x1

    Im not sure there is a benefit to the 455 set, but my previous PR was 430, so I knew 455 was successful in that regard. 405 to 495 might be a bigger jump than you can handle. Just see how you feel after 405. Gluck.
    I would have done something similar, i probably wouldnt bother doing the 455 one, just make the leap from 405 to 495.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Reply With Quote

  9. #99
    Registered User _Jordo's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2010
    Age: 25
    Posts: 281
    Rep Power: 138
    _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    _Jordo is offline
    Did 225 for a double yesterday, estimates my new 1RM at 240,
    Wasn't feeling good at all + sldl's day before, should've done atleast 3-4.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=552584973#post552584973
    Reply With Quote

  10. #100
    'Defiant to Injuries' Ironlife's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: State / Province, Australia
    Posts: 29,909
    Rep Power: 41968
    Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ironlife is offline

    Thumbs up

    Originally Posted by _Jordo View Post
    Did 225 for a double yesterday, estimates my new 1RM at 240,
    Wasn't feeling good at all + sldl's day before, should've done atleast 3-4.
    Congrats mah man.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Reply With Quote

  11. #101
    isness is the bizness matt297's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Location: N.Ireland - Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Age: 37
    Posts: 9,241
    Rep Power: 16774
    matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    matt297 is offline
    Welcome all newcomers. You are in on epic thread



    Originally Posted by Blizzard589 View Post

    I'm so psyched about this I can't even sleep. Drinking some Tazo Lotus decaf tea (with added creatine) to calm my nerves and I'll hit the hay in a minute.
    Shit just got real.
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves…" - Dao de Ching

    The biggest secret in life is not that we go through life discovering ourselves but that we go through life creating our selves. Think about that.
    Reply With Quote

  12. #102
    Registered User _Jordo's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2010
    Age: 25
    Posts: 281
    Rep Power: 138
    _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    _Jordo is offline
    Originally Posted by Ironlife View Post
    Congrats mah man.
    Thanks bro, as I say- not here to win just ramp up my DL

    Also been creeping your's and jrahe's log good stuff
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=552584973#post552584973
    Reply With Quote

  13. #103
    'Defiant to Injuries' Ironlife's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: State / Province, Australia
    Posts: 29,909
    Rep Power: 41968
    Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ironlife is offline
    Originally Posted by matt297 View Post
    Welcome all newcomers. You are in on epic thread





    Shit just got real.
    LOl, with this thread in mind i feel like abandoning my normal split and just deadlift everyday. But what about the glorified isolations!!!!

    Originally Posted by _Jordo View Post
    Thanks bro, as I say- not here to win just ramp up my DL

    Also been creeping your's and jrahe's log good stuff
    Thanks, i tell you what there are some solid competitors in this thread.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Reply With Quote

  14. #104
    Squats do a body good! musicianman's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Antarctica
    Age: 28
    Posts: 11,234
    Rep Power: 8351
    musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    musicianman is offline
    Originally Posted by Blizzard589 View Post
    Thanks, man. I was thinking along the same lines. Definitely nothing but singles after 3 plates, that's for sure. I made that mistake as well last time I tried maxing. Good tip on loosening the hammies. I always do some dynamic movements before lifting and tomorrow will definitely be no exception.

    I'm so psyched about this I can't even sleep. Drinking some Tazo Lotus decaf tea (with added creatine) to calm my nerves and I'll hit the hay in a minute.
    Good luck man! You're exactly like me. I used to psych myself up for benching, but now I honestly couldn't give a crap. Not to say that I don't want it to progress - it's just that squats, deadlifts and even overhead presses have become more important to me.

    When I was psyching myself up for my first 300 pound squat last week (ATG, I've gotta say it), I was staying up for 1-2 hours every night just thinking about it. My first four plate deadlift was no different.

    Pull that **** tomorrow and pretend I'm there telling you that you're a weak pussy - remember that we will all call you one if you don't pull it. Actually, just give me a call and put me on speaker and I'll curse at you in Russian while you do the lift.

    P.S. Why is there creatine in your Tazo?

    Originally Posted by _Jordo View Post
    Did 225 for a double yesterday, estimates my new 1RM at 240,
    Wasn't feeling good at all + sldl's day before, should've done atleast 3-4.
    Nice man - you'll be pulling 3 plates in no time. Just a little advice: drop the stiff-leggeds. You'll benefit more from just deadlifting and squatting. I still don't do stiff-legged deadlifts and my hammies are quite developed just from normal deadlifts alone. If you look at my PR videos, it's because I tend to not use leg drive much, if at all, on my 1RMs. Not necessarily a good thing, but deadlifts REALLY hit your hammies regardless.

    Originally Posted by Ironlife View Post
    LOl, with this thread in mind i feel like abandoning my normal split and just deadlift everyday. But what about the glorified isolations!!!!

    Thanks, i tell you what there are some solid competitors in this thread.
    Dude, me ****ing too! I go to the gym and just want to plant a camera and have a live feed going to the ****ing post. I'm thinking of trying to deadlift 3x/week once I get back to college, rather than squatting 3x/week. Thinking outside the box is fun.

    Random:
    Ever lie down with your computer with your legs crossed and find that, despite overall comfort, your nuts are overlapping in an uncomfortable way? I've got pain in my nuts right now but I don't want to move.
    Training, philosophy, nutrition and biomedical discussion (2.0): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146797403

    Video log:
    www.YouTube.com/Frootlups
    Reply With Quote

  15. #105
    Registered User _Jordo's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2010
    Age: 25
    Posts: 281
    Rep Power: 138
    _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Jordo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    _Jordo is offline
    Originally Posted by musicality213 View Post



    Nice man - you'll be pulling 3 plates in no time. Just a little advice: drop the stiff-leggeds. You'll benefit more from just deadlifting and squatting. I still don't do stiff-legged deadlifts and my hammies are quite developed just from normal deadlifts alone. If you look at my PR videos, it's because I tend to not use leg drive much, if at all, on my 1RMs. Not necessarily a good thing, but deadlifts REALLY hit your hammies regardless.




    Yeah for 3 months or so now I've done no direct hamstring work other than deadlifts and they've developed much better than they did with sldl's/GHR etc.
    Hopefully 3 plates isn't too far into the future.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=552584973#post552584973
    Reply With Quote

  16. #106
    Squats do a body good! musicianman's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Antarctica
    Age: 28
    Posts: 11,234
    Rep Power: 8351
    musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    musicianman is offline
    Originally Posted by _Jordo View Post
    Yeah for 3 months or so now I've done no direct hamstring work other than deadlifts and they've developed much better than they did with sldl's/GHR etc.
    Hopefully 3 plates isn't too far into the future.
    You should have it well before the end of summer.
    Training, philosophy, nutrition and biomedical discussion (2.0): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146797403

    Video log:
    www.YouTube.com/Frootlups
    Reply With Quote

  17. #107
    Registered User CHRIS925's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Location: Concord, California, United States
    Age: 30
    Posts: 3,847
    Rep Power: 1784
    CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000)
    CHRIS925 is offline
    What's goin' on guys. Just found this thread...

    I've been squatting / front squatting like a mad man.. Deads I do as well though. I'd join' in but I'm on my cut. My main focus is just not LOSING strength at the moment.

    Hit it hard brothaZ
    Reply With Quote

  18. #108
    'Defiant to Injuries' Ironlife's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: State / Province, Australia
    Posts: 29,909
    Rep Power: 41968
    Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ironlife is offline

    Wink

    Originally Posted by musicality213 View Post
    Dude, me ****ing too! I go to the gym and just want to plant a camera and have a live feed going to the ****ing post. I'm thinking of trying to deadlift 3x/week once I get back to college, rather than squatting 3x/week. Thinking outside the box is fun.

    Random:
    Ever lie down with your computer with your legs crossed and find that, despite overall comfort, your nuts are overlapping in an uncomfortable way? I've got pain in my nuts right now but I don't want to move.
    LOl at the random comment, and yes i get that sometimes usually i dont cross my legs because it hurts too damn much and i end up walking around the next day at work like there is a vice on my groin (no homo) there you go jrahe you wanted the tag now you got one.
    This below are in KGs not lbs. Check out how easy the snatch is..
    Last edited by Ironlife; 06-01-2010 at 03:34 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Reply With Quote

  19. #109
    Registered User Blizzard589's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2008
    Age: 30
    Posts: 8,031
    Rep Power: 25274
    Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blizzard589 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Blizzard589 is offline
    Originally Posted by musicality213 View Post
    Good luck man! You're exactly like me. I used to psych myself up for benching, but now I honestly couldn't give a crap. Not to say that I don't want it to progress - it's just that squats, deadlifts and even overhead presses have become more important to me.

    When I was psyching myself up for my first 300 pound squat last week (ATG, I've gotta say it), I was staying up for 1-2 hours every night just thinking about it. My first four plate deadlift was no different.

    Pull that **** tomorrow and pretend I'm there telling you that you're a weak pussy - remember that we will all call you one if you don't pull it. Actually, just give me a call and put me on speaker and I'll curse at you in Russian while you do the lift.

    P.S. Why is there creatine in your Tazo?
    Thank you thank you. You are a great motivator. Being cursed at in Russian would allow most people to lift heavy ass weight lol. I'm gonna rip that **** off the ground.

    Congrats on the squat and deadlift PRs, man.

    I put creatine in my tea because I read somewhere that monohydrate is absorbed better when it is boiled and drank with sugar. It's flavorless Optimum Nutrition Micronized Creatine Monohydrate so it doesn't affect the subtle flavors of the various green teas or the bold robust flavors of the black teas that I enjoy.
    Planted like a tree beside the river of truth.
    Reply With Quote

  20. #110
    Joocy J Jrahe42's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Location: New York, United States
    Posts: 12,546
    Rep Power: 48771
    Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Jrahe42 is offline
    since you guys added me without myself ever consenting, whoever said my max was 450
    Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130703993
    Reply With Quote

  21. #111
    Neckbeard -Lucifer's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2007
    Posts: 78,915
    Rep Power: 24259
    -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    -Lucifer is offline
    Originally Posted by musicality213 View Post
    Random:
    Ever lie down with your computer with your legs crossed and find that, despite overall comfort, your nuts are overlapping in an uncomfortable way? I've got pain in my nuts right now but I don't want to move.
    What about sleeping on your side? I usually always sleep on my back, but have to eventually switch, or I start feeling uncomfortable.

    Reply With Quote

  22. #112
    isness is the bizness matt297's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Location: N.Ireland - Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Age: 37
    Posts: 9,241
    Rep Power: 16774
    matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    matt297 is offline
    Originally Posted by Ironlife View Post
    LOl, with this thread in mind i feel like abandoning my normal split and just deadlift everyday. But what about the glorified isolations!!!!
    lol. yea, i feel like deadlifting every session no! But then I would be attacked by the rippetoe-ites

    I wonder if it would be detrimental in any way to do, say, 1 rep of 90% 1RM, after a 5RM every deadlift day on SS.

    Originally Posted by Jrahe42 View Post
    since you guys added me without myself ever consenting, whoever said my max was 450
    Your not still mad are you?!

    So you in or out then? Wont matter to me, ill not be catching you up anytime soon!
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves…" - Dao de Ching

    The biggest secret in life is not that we go through life discovering ourselves but that we go through life creating our selves. Think about that.
    Reply With Quote

  23. #113
    Time to Grow Justin-27's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Posts: 2,157
    Rep Power: 2042
    Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Justin-27 is offline

    Excellent Thread for Motivaton so far!

    I gotta say, there is definitely something to be said for having the crew here supporting and driving you to hit a weight. At first I thought it wouldn't help much (in my journal), but a few of my buddies that really get me amped and call me out to reach a weight have helped tremendously. Tim (nwskier) and Piero (Wabeer) in particular are always pushing me, and I can hear their voices in my head when I lift yelling at me to stop being a bitch and lift the damn thing. I'll be here to help any of you as well with that.

    I'm the nervous energy type when I need to hit a heavy lift. Think doc Norton about 85%. lol. I do the pacing cause I cannot stand still for the life of me. Gotta have the proper itunes shiz to jam too and of course many days previous watching yourself lift that weight in your minds eye. Very important.

    Some people can use negative energy well too.....think of your annoying ex-gf who was a buttslut ho and cheated on you, your prick boss, a dad/family member that was abusive....anything to get amped. I'll do some sick mind games to myself....but I tell you what when you're pulling a quarter ton off the fukn floor, do what it takes ya know?

    Rock n roll fellas.....PR train comin through this thread.
    Reply With Quote

  24. #114
    Time to Grow Justin-27's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Posts: 2,157
    Rep Power: 2042
    Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Justin-27 is offline

    Not trying to give up too many secrets, but...

    ....I've found success in a decent sized rotation of leg/dl lifts.

    Despite the common once every 6-7 days training for typical bb'ing, there are others ways to structure your training. Im not dissing the typical bb'ing training, I have enjoyed great gains from it too.

    It's just the groove of a deadlift or a squat is something that cannot be mastered training it once a week. I think a rotation of 4-5 choice deads and squats and hit them hard, but not to failure once every 3-4 days is beneficial. But also with varying rep ranges, as most of us seem to have bb'ing/muscle size at heart as well as strength.

    Something like this:

    Session 1: Deadlift from floor (warm-up, then 5 single/doubles, then maybe a burnout set with half of your 1RM for 12-15 reps)

    Session 2: Front Squat ATG (warm-up, then 3 sets of 5)

    Session 3: Deadlift, Romanian (warm-up, then 2 sets of 6, 2 sets of 12)

    Session 4: Back Squat, ATG (warm-up, then 2 sets of 4, 2 sets of 10)

    Start over with Session 1

    Other notables incluce deficit deads, rack pulls, power clean, good mornings, etc)

    Of note: Of course you won't train just one movement on your lower day, I like to add a few kinds of calf raises, heavy weighted low back extensions (hypers), weighted sit ups, step ups or lunges, etc) I seem to do well with the 1 main lift, and 3 other misc ones.

    Just hit one movement, wait 3 days and hit the next, and so on. Im not into the whole percentages thing, just train not to failure, hard but not so hard you're sore and dead the next day. If you can DL 405 from the floor, your singles/doubles/burnout set day might look like this: 135x8 warmup, 225x5 acclimation/warmup, 275x2, 335x1, 335x1, 205x12). As the weeks get closer to a PR weight you want to hit (say 450 in this case), then start skipping some of the middle work sets and ramp up higher and higher.

    Frequency is a powerful variable, use it.
    Reply With Quote

  25. #115
    Squats do a body good! musicianman's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Antarctica
    Age: 28
    Posts: 11,234
    Rep Power: 8351
    musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    musicianman is offline
    Alrighty, what are the numbers at?
    Training, philosophy, nutrition and biomedical discussion (2.0): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146797403

    Video log:
    www.YouTube.com/Frootlups
    Reply With Quote

  26. #116
    Time to Grow Justin-27's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Posts: 2,157
    Rep Power: 2042
    Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000) Justin-27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Justin-27 is offline
    Originally Posted by musicality213 View Post
    Alrighty, what are the numbers at?
    what numbers? the guys hitting heavy deads today?
    Reply With Quote

  27. #117
    Squats do a body good! musicianman's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Antarctica
    Age: 28
    Posts: 11,234
    Rep Power: 8351
    musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    musicianman is offline
    Originally Posted by Blizzard589 View Post
    Thank you thank you. You are a great motivator. Being cursed at in Russian would allow most people to lift heavy ass weight lol. I'm gonna rip that **** off the ground.

    Congrats on the squat and deadlift PRs, man.

    I put creatine in my tea because I read somewhere that monohydrate is absorbed better when it is boiled and drank with sugar. It's flavorless Optimum Nutrition Micronized Creatine Monohydrate so it doesn't affect the subtle flavors of the various green teas or the bold robust flavors of the black teas that I enjoy.
    I've heard about the sugar, but never boiling... Can you find me that article? I love tea too, but I'd never heard of anyone doing that before.

    Originally Posted by Jrahe42 View Post
    since you guys added me without myself ever consenting, whoever said my max was 450
    Your bodyspace, bitch.

    Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    What about sleeping on your side? I usually always sleep on my back, but have to eventually switch, or I start feeling uncomfortable.

    I just have to pull my nuts forward when I do that. If they go back, it's a little pinchy feeling.

    Try it some time. Just take your dick, and pull it forward. The nuts will follow, and you can make them get away from your leg if you want to. Just pretend your fingers are a spatula.

    Originally Posted by matt297 View Post
    lol. yea, i feel like deadlifting every session no! But then I would be attacked by the rippetoe-ites

    I wonder if it would be detrimental in any way to do, say, 1 rep of 90% 1RM, after a 5RM every deadlift day on SS.

    Your not still mad are you?!

    So you in or out then? Wont matter to me, ill not be catching you up anytime soon!
    It wouldn't be detrimental. Starting Strength is not the "perfect" program everyone says it is. It does the job better than anything else for a beginner because it convinces him that you HAVE to do things the way they are written. With someone that knows what they are doing, I don't see why you couldn't change a few things and get equal or better results. 1-3RMs are all about central nervous system adaptation - the only fear is that a beginner will have more trouble maintaining good form for such weights.


    Originally Posted by Justin-27 View Post
    I gotta say, there is definitely something to be said for having the crew here supporting and driving you to hit a weight. At first I thought it wouldn't help much (in my journal), but a few of my buddies that really get me amped and call me out to reach a weight have helped tremendously. Tim (nwskier) and Piero (Wabeer) in particular are always pushing me, and I can hear their voices in my head when I lift yelling at me to stop being a bitch and lift the damn thing. I'll be here to help any of you as well with that.

    I'm the nervous energy type when I need to hit a heavy lift. Think doc Norton about 85%. lol. I do the pacing cause I cannot stand still for the life of me. Gotta have the proper itunes shiz to jam too and of course many days previous watching yourself lift that weight in your minds eye. Very important.

    Some people can use negative energy well too.....think of your annoying ex-gf who was a buttslut ho and cheated on you, your prick boss, a dad/family member that was abusive....anything to get amped. I'll do some sick mind games to myself....but I tell you what when you're pulling a quarter ton off the fukn floor, do what it takes ya know?

    Rock n roll fellas.....PR train comin through this thread.
    Indeed. I'd love to make a thread on everyone's progress for everything, but it would be a nightmare to read through. That's why it's only about deadlifts. Might make an epic squat thread for everyone involved in this later on.

    I never listen to music anymore when lifting... I know it has benefits, considering I was able to run a 5:27 mile with no running training last summer while listening to music (I was 153 pounds). I couldn't repeat within 30 seconds of that time without music.

    Originally Posted by Justin-27 View Post
    ....I've found success in a decent sized rotation of leg/dl lifts.

    Despite the common once every 6-7 days training for typical bb'ing, there are others ways to structure your training. Im not dissing the typical bb'ing training, I have enjoyed great gains from it too.

    It's just the groove of a deadlift or a squat is something that cannot be mastered training it once a week. I think a rotation of 4-5 choice deads and squats and hit them hard, but not to failure once every 3-4 days is beneficial. But also with varying rep ranges, as most of us seem to have bb'ing/muscle size at heart as well as strength.

    Something like this:

    Session 1: Deadlift from floor (warm-up, then 5 single/doubles, then maybe a burnout set with half of your 1RM for 12-15 reps)

    Session 2: Front Squat ATG (warm-up, then 3 sets of 5)

    Session 3: Deadlift, Romanian (warm-up, then 2 sets of 6, 2 sets of 12)

    Session 4: Back Squat, ATG (warm-up, then 2 sets of 4, 2 sets of 10)

    Start over with Session 1

    Other notables incluce deficit deads, rack pulls, power clean, good mornings, etc)

    Of note: Of course you won't train just one movement on your lower day, I like to add a few kinds of calf raises, heavy weighted low back extensions (hypers), weighted sit ups, step ups or lunges, etc) I seem to do well with the 1 main lift, and 3 other misc ones.

    Just hit one movement, wait 3 days and hit the next, and so on. Im not into the whole percentages thing, just train not to failure, hard but not so hard you're sore and dead the next day. If you can DL 405 from the floor, your singles/doubles/burnout set day might look like this: 135x8 warmup, 225x5 acclimation/warmup, 275x2, 335x1, 335x1, 205x12). As the weeks get closer to a PR weight you want to hit (say 450 in this case), then start skipping some of the middle work sets and ramp up higher and higher.

    Frequency is a powerful variable, use it.
    Really great stuff. My squat, which had been stuck at around 265-275 for four months, SHOT UP when I tried squatting four (yes, four) times a week. I tried adding Smolov's squat cycle into my normal routine before school ended, and it ended up working perfectly. I went from 275x1 ATG to 300x1 ATG in 2.5 weeks, and it was all because of the training frequency.

    I'm thinking of trying this split once I get to Florida:

    Day 1: Chest
    Day 2: OFF
    Day 3: 1-2 sets of heavy squats and 1-2 sets of heavy deadlifts followed by LISS cardio
    Day 4: LISS cardio
    Day 5: Squats, Back
    Day 6: HIIT cardio
    Day 7: Squats, shoulders, arms
    Training, philosophy, nutrition and biomedical discussion (2.0): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146797403

    Video log:
    www.YouTube.com/Frootlups
    Reply With Quote

  28. #118
    Neckbeard -Lucifer's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2007
    Posts: 78,915
    Rep Power: 24259
    -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    -Lucifer is offline
    Originally Posted by musicality213 View Post
    Try it some time. Just take your dick, and pull it forward. The nuts will follow, and you can make them get away from your leg if you want to. Just pretend your fingers are a spatula.
    I just kind of 'shake my hips', till my ball sack is out. (no homo)
    Reply With Quote

  29. #119
    Squats do a body good! musicianman's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: Antarctica
    Age: 28
    Posts: 11,234
    Rep Power: 8351
    musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    musicianman is offline
    Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    I just kind of 'shake my hips', till my ball sack is out. (no homo)
    What do you do if you're sweaty?
    Training, philosophy, nutrition and biomedical discussion (2.0): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146797403

    Video log:
    www.YouTube.com/Frootlups
    Reply With Quote

  30. #120
    Joocy J Jrahe42's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Location: New York, United States
    Posts: 12,546
    Rep Power: 48771
    Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Jrahe42 is offline
    Originally Posted by musicality213 View Post


    Your bodyspace, bitch.


    can you read brah?
    Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130703993
    Reply With Quote

Similar Threads

  1. Official race to a 500 pound deadlift thread.
    By tatortotajigalo in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 1221
    Last Post: 04-07-2015, 12:01 AM
  2. This guy laughs at your 585 pound deadlift
    By Getter_done in forum Misc.
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12-25-2009, 07:30 PM
  3. The road to a 600 pound deadlift
    By bigbeezy in forum Powerlifting Workouts - Training Journals
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-09-2009, 03:55 PM
  4. Replies: 87
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 03:20 AM
  5. Some pic's from the welsh championships / 740 pound deadlift
    By chris jenkins in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-18-2008, 02:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts