Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40
Results 1,171 to 1,192 of 1192
    yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rachelily View Post
    Oh yes FLAX! I totally forgot about that! Great suggestion! I finally bought more the other day and am happy to have it in my pantry again.

That's so strange about the spinach! And it sounds frustrating. I too found the majority of my problems improved/went away with keto. I hardly have reflux now (oddly it only really seems to happen after I eat carbs). My IBS also improved greatly.

Yabbyshmabby have you been on keto consistently since '07? That's amazing!
    Other than a few breaks throughout the years, yes, I've been on Keto since '07. I feel great when I'm following the plan because I don't suffer from insuline spikes and lack of energy.

Oddly enough, I found flax meal at this little Amish store near my parents' house last weekend....$2.13 for a 1 lb bag. You can't beat that.

rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by yabbyshmabby View Post
    Other than a few breaks throughout the years, yes, I've been on Keto since '07. I feel great when I'm following the plan because I don't suffer from insuline spikes and lack of energy.

Oddly enough, I found flax meal at this little Amish store near my parents' house last weekend....$2.13 for a 1 lb bag. You can't beat that.
    Dang, no you can't beat that!!

Wow good for you to stick with it for that long! Seems to be the perfect diet for you. I'm finding my blood sugar is a lot happier this way too And definitely liking the energy. Carby days make me feel sluggish and bloated.
    If you change nothing, nothing will change.

My journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153752941

www.rachelelizabethknits.com

yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rachelily View Post
    Dang, no you can't beat that!!

Wow good for you to stick with it for that long! Seems to be the perfect diet for you. I'm finding my blood sugar is a lot happier this way too And definitely liking the energy. Carby days make me feel sluggish and bloated.
    Yeah, I agree. I've cut them out all together.

Yes.....I'm that wrestler MASSter's Avatar
    MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MASSter View Post
    You drop off the face of the earth? What's new? New goals? New accomplishments?
    Echo Echo Echo

Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Echo Echo Echo
    Looking good in the profile pic !!!!

Umm, let's see here. I am still here & alive. Keto right now ? No...no keto. Deff. keeping it low carb but, not eating high fat foods.
    Goals are still to loose more bodyfat and it's been a challenging one let me tell you.

It's so difficult the mind games I play with food. I am eighter super strict to a T and following nothing but my meal plan...or I am not strict at all and feel guilt everyday. I just want to find a happy medium balance and I am struggling.

For example: I will do keto for about 4 months & loose about 30 lbs or so. Then I will have a bowl of fruit, or a sub with bread on it and I feel severe guilt and literally beat myself up over it. I mean, I can't even eat Quinoa without telling myself it's a "bad category of food" when it's healthy. It's super annoying.

I really don't have much to say than Im just eating more moderate I suppose?
    The scientific and practical amount of carbohydrate needed in the diet is ZERO -- NONE. Dietary carbohydrates are not a requirement in any body function. In fact it appears that the lower the carbohydrate level in the diet the better the long-term health. Age-related degenerative diseases are caused by high levels of carbohydrates in the diet. One can be on a very low or zero-carbohydrate diet indefinitely as has been shown by the study of many primitive societies.

MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Boochie21 View Post
    Looking good in the profile pic !!!!

Umm, let's see here. I am still here & alive. Keto right now ? No...no keto. Deff. keeping it low carb but, not eating high fat foods.
    Goals are still to loose more bodyfat and it's been a challenging one let me tell you.

It's so difficult the mind games I play with food. I am eighter super strict to a T and following nothing but my meal plan...or I am not strict at all and feel guilt everyday. I just want to find a happy medium balance and I am struggling.

For example: I will do keto for about 4 months & loose about 30 lbs or so. Then I will have a bowl of fruit, or a sub with bread on it and I feel severe guilt and literally beat myself up over it. I mean, I can't even eat Quinoa without telling myself it's a "bad category of food" when it's healthy. It's super annoying.

I really don't have much to say than Im just eating more moderate I suppose?
    Fair enough. You at least hitting the gym regularly?

Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Fair enough. You at least hitting the gym regularly?
    That I can admit I am

With football season starting ( I do not care for) I shall be in the gym more often as well
    The scientific and practical amount of carbohydrate needed in the diet is ZERO -- NONE. Dietary carbohydrates are not a requirement in any body function. In fact it appears that the lower the carbohydrate level in the diet the better the long-term health. Age-related degenerative diseases are caused by high levels of carbohydrates in the diet. One can be on a very low or zero-carbohydrate diet indefinitely as has been shown by the study of many primitive societies.

That I can admit I am

With football season starting ( I do not care for) I shall be in the gym more often as well
    Good to hear. Not the "not liking football" part but more gym time is good.

Football is boring to watch to me...Sucks to say, but I just cant find a passion for itl ol

Football is boring to watch to me...Sucks to say, but I just cant find a passion for itl ol
    Fortunately for me my wife likes sports. Just doesn't like the same teams as me.

Just wanted to report that I am 17 days out before I finish Insanity program. I am so excited to complete it and brag, brag, brag
    It's super hard....no joke. But, the results I am seeing are fantastic

Last week on insanity Woop Woop !!!!

I am down 12lbs and I have to take measurements.

Last week on insanity Woop Woop !!!!

I am down 12lbs and I have to take measurements.
    You do before pics?
    Who oversees the overseers?

derek12261984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Doing insanity myself. congrats on the progress u look great.

No.... I feel so stupid.

I had to find a closer Before pic and then take a after of my face.
    Next time for sure...I am doing another round.

Exclamation Happy weight gain !!! Ek

So, I decided to prep myself for the holidays and continue to workout and eat sensibly. November - December are the worst for me !! Birthdays (including mine), holiday parties, thanksgiving, etc. make my head spin !!

The pressure to look good but avoid the delicious food put in front of you is a hard challenge. Thank goodness for the bodybuilding $100,000 transformation they run every year - that's my motivator.
    After completing the insanity program recently I felt confident. I went on vacation to Philly and....well....what do you think ?!

I DID NOT WORKOUT OR EAT VERY DAMN WELL !!

But, I did not gain any weight. Crazy right....nope ! I could tell my body was getting flabby and looking like it was before. Now, maybe I am the only one here who does this...I do a diet an exercise plan. Follow it to the T and then I take a break,go on vacation, etc. and never return. It's almost like I can't take a break ever !

Last night I got back on the workout wagon and did a simple 30 min full body workout. I thought for sure it would be easy since I did insanity. ...right ?

NOPE

I took so many breaks in 30 mins than I ever had. Today I am completely sore and discouraged.

This bodybuilding.com contest every year motivates me to loose weight. But this time, I would like to get down to a much more sensible weight and try to hit my lowest. Every year I do it - which this year will be my third. I enter in around 165-170lbs and I usually drop to 140lbs after. This year, I would like to enter in around the 150's and try to go lower to the 130's. That's my ultimate goal.
    Last edited by Boochie21; 11-14-2012 at 09:01 AM.

You back on track? Have been needing some motivation myself. What's the plan and how have you been doing?

Yes, I have been back on track and running smoothly. I think I've fallen in love with Insanity !!
    My diet has been simple. Keep the carbs low, the fats high, and processed food OUT. I am determined not to gain weight over this holiday season...
    So far so good. I lost about 5 lbs so far and even though that's what the scale says. My clothes are showing a larger loss

My birthday is this Sunday and I am going to allow myself to indulge that day with some homemade rice krispie treats & Tacos.

Keep your eye on the prize MASSter and you will feel great when everyone else is struggling to get back on the wagon after the Holidays and you're breezing ahead

Yes, I have been back on track and running smoothly. I think I've fallen in love with Insanity !!
    My diet has been simple. Keep the carbs low, the fats high, and processed food OUT. I am determined not to gain weight over this holiday season...
    So far so good. I lost about 5 lbs so far and even though that's what the scale says. My clothes are showing a larger loss

My birthday is this Sunday and I am going to allow myself to indulge that day with some homemade rice krispie treats & Tacos.

Keep your eye on the prize MASSter and you will feel great when everyone else is struggling to get back on the wagon after the Holidays and you're breezing ahead
    Keep it up! Do you still have your gym membership? While I know you enjoy Insanity I think you will be better off with rotating in some free-weight work. Your figure will thank you for adding in squats, deadlifts, etc.

Keep it up! Do you still have your gym membership? While I know you enjoy Insanity I think you will be better off with rotating in some free-weight work. Your figure will thank you for adding in squats, deadlifts, etc.
    Sure do. I just haven't went since my 1st round of insanity. But, the bb.com contest opened again and I am joining right after new years. So excited. Hopefully 3rd time is a charm and I win some cash !!

I will be heading to the gym as well... insanity will sit at home for a rainy or snowy day !

Red face Keto for the sake of the wedding !

Yep. Yep. Yep. I joined the bodybuilding.com challenge on Jan. 9th.

Nope, I am not doing keto for these 12 weeks. Just a regular balance diet and good 'ole gym.
    However, I am getting married in 2014. Yes, I am engaged ( Woo - Hoo !!) So, with that being said, I WILL be doing keto about 5 months prior to the wedding. I think that will help me dwindle down the fat that regular diet isn't. It should work out perfectly.

Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yep. Yep. Yep. I joined the bodybuilding.com challenge on Jan. 9th.

Nope, I am not doing keto for these 12 weeks. Just a regular balance diet and good 'ole gym.
    However, I am getting married in 2014. Yes, I am engaged ( Woo - Hoo !!) So, with that being said, I WILL be doing keto about 5 months prior to the wedding. I think that will help me dwindle down the fat that regular diet isn't. It should work out perfectly.
    Maybe you should make a new log then in appropriate section and ask mods to close this one or to move it.