Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Yes.....I'm that wrestler MASSter's Avatar
    MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Boochie21 View Post
    Sounds like tasty ideas. However, I am not a seafood person I wish I was.
    That's a shame.....salmon has to be one of the tastiest meats around. I'm wondering if your lack of variety in your keto diet(seafood aside) has been one of the things making it hard for you to stick to it for any extended period of time. Thoughts?

Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Help set me up !!

:Sighs: you caught me ! My diet is plain and I read more & more each day and realize that I am not doing things right.

- My macros are never 65/30/5 I always have low low carbs and HIGH HIGH fat and little protein

- I don't eat 3-5 meals per day. I have 2 because I am lazy and wont pre pack MY food & not to mention I am more concerned of exercising on my lunch then eating.

- My food selection is garbage. I don't add alot of veggies. I guess, I get in a rut of the same ol same ol

Cheese sticks, hunters sausage links, sour cream, hamburgers and broccoli and velvetta cheese....

OF course you will see, that just by that selection my cals don't even hit 1500 or higher. They are low.

SO, how can I possibly see

1. results
    2. If i even enjoy keto ?!

I think this keto could work for me in many ways. But, its almost like I NEED and actual meal plan set up with everything broken down for me !!! It is extremely easy for me.

When I was on Scivation's meal plan - Steven set me up with what to eat at each meal and this is what I ate and nothing out of this box of food and etc. I knew how many cals I was getting and etc. And it worked perfectly. I actually stuck to it because there was no error. It was simple. There was no..meal 1 - I carb, 1 protein, 1 fat....it was meal 1 - 1 cup of eggs, yogurt, choice of fruit...etc.

Being on keto alone with no guideance makes me think im doing it all so wrong.

Thats why I would LOVE if someone broke down for me a keto plan...of what to eat for my weight etc.

Any takers ?!!

I would rep you for life !!!
    The scientific and practical amount of carbohydrate needed in the diet is ZERO -- NONE. Dietary carbohydrates are not a requirement in any body function. In fact it appears that the lower the carbohydrate level in the diet the better the long-term health. Age-related degenerative diseases are caused by high levels of carbohydrates in the diet. One can be on a very low or zero-carbohydrate diet indefinitely as has been shown by the study of many primitive societies.

Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    joined a gym. Blah.

I don't know if I like it. It's Womans fit zone and its the only one close to my house. About a 10 min drive. It looks like a small curves....I think I am the youngest there and most fit there LOL.
    I am going to try it out and see how it goes, but already I am seeing things I don't like.

The hours don't work with mine.. I start work at 8am they open at 8 am so I can't go there for AM workouts..I guess I could just do a home workout instead in the am.

They have alot of equipment that I could use. But, they believe in circuit training and have a little mini clock that times you. I mean its cool but, some machines I could really use and others I do see !! For example, I will love doing leg extensions, quad extensions and shoulder press, lat pull down and the ab machine
    But, I don't see anything for your arms except...dumb bells. Are woman not supposed to work there arms ? Where at the ticeps extenders?

I will try the gym and get it in and get it out. Because, I got my measurements yesturday - they are not pretty !

25 inches thighs...that isnt muscle hunny !
    39 inch waist - no wonder i have no hips.

I found some atkins receipes and still reading reading and more reading to help me make sure keto is going to work for me !
    The scientific and practical amount of carbohydrate needed in the diet is ZERO -- NONE. Dietary carbohydrates are not a requirement in any body function. In fact it appears that the lower the carbohydrate level in the diet the better the long-term health. Age-related degenerative diseases are caused by high levels of carbohydrates in the diet. One can be on a very low or zero-carbohydrate diet indefinitely as has been shown by the study of many primitive societies.

malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    well i have been a low carber and keto fan for the past 6-7 years. i am overly obsessed with nutrition and metabolism and the brain connection...anyways. ill try to break down a keto diet easy for you. i only do a kettlebell twice a week, no other lifting or cardio.

i am also a female and 5'7, and i am 24y/o

i would stick to martins 14-16hr daily fast with a eating window. he advocate 16 hrs for men and i think 14 for women but take your pick.

take a BCAA before yourworkout(which is after work right?)
    workout
    FEAST

FEAST should include(2 meals in here)
    beef...i dont much promote store bought fatty cuts of beef because all the hormonal manipulation from beef is stored in their fat. i buy leaner cuts of beef and cook it in butter or grassfed tallow then make a gravy out of the leftover fat from cooking to pour over

eggs... sunny side up in butter or soft boiled with lotsa butter

macadamia nuts....have the mst favorable O6:3 ratio

coconut milk.... buy cans of it(ck ingredients) and skin the cream off the top and eat it...or shake up a can and drink it

onions/veggies... i like onions b/c they promote a good gut bacterial environment but i always have spinach and garlic and turnips or collards or mustard greens, mushrooms

usually i graze on full fat ***e/salsa and use celery for dip sticks or summer squash

other meats(chicken) i usually just bulk cook them dip in butter haha

*stay away from salad dressings with soy or veggie oil
    *stay away from mayo b/c it is made with soy oil
    *store bought cheese is not a problem if you can find cultured cheese...try not to get the pasteurized stuff, it is more hormonally ill and insulinogenic...i can eat like a pound of raw grassfed a day with no problems(i like cheese lol)
    *most cream cheeses have a lot of junk added
    * DO NOT USE artificial sweetners or anything with them unless it is stevia

this works for me so i thought i would share

Thanks for sharing ! I will look at that as a reference. Sometimes I fast other times I don't am still trying to figure myself out !

Why are you repped so negatively ?

malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for sharing ! I will look at that as a reference. Sometimes I fast other times I don't am still trying to figure myself out !

Why are you repped so negatively ?
    haha i dunno what repping is... but i have only posted on this site a handfull of times b/c im not a typical 5 day a week lifter. i usually read through the keto forum here and that's it, sporadically post but i have been following your journal so i thought i would share what works for me. i have also bulked on keto so i personally know thats possible too, just hard.

yeah fasting isnt something i do everyday, just sporadically. i have a desk job so i dont usually really ever get hungry anways but i always have cans of sardines here if i do, coworkers dont appreciate it lol but whatever

I got a gym membership !!!! I know...I know...here I go again !!! I was suckered into the $14.95 deal at womans fit zone. Yep, I am probably the youngest, fittest person there. Everyone else is more heaveir set then me. But, I am not there to make friends.

I reminds me of a curves....they have the pink machines dedicated to womans glamor parts. All of the machines are numberd 1-10 so you can follow a circuit with the approiate machines. I have noticed that they dont have a few machines. Like, lat pull downs, barbells, and overall weight benches. I am not sure how to take this. But, this gym is close to me however, there hours are not the best. 8 am - 10 pm. So i cant go before work because I start at 8am and I guess I will have to work out at home on the days when I work late and dont make hte 10pm deadline.

Sept 1

The months are seriously passing me by and I realized today that I have 7 months and 29 days until I aboard my first cruise.

This month I have 2 weddings and I am kicking myself in the butt for not sticking to keto and exercise because now, I only have 12 days and then 17 days to prepare. So, I put that aside me and just am focusing on getting beach body ready for the cruise.
    I am taking the proper steps

- Keto
    - Gym membership
    - Motivation
    Yesterday was the official start day. I was playing with the idea of the warrior keto diet – and I did fast all day but quickly realized that it was hard to get in 1500 cals in a few short hrs. I had about 900 cals but my macros were almost perfect – I was almost at 65/30/5 !!

My stomach didn’t handle all the food intake very well throughout the night. BLAH
    I went to the gym last night after work and did 5 min warm up and did 3 sets of 12 reps on my circuit training. Whew…between each circuit I ran for 5 mins to keep my heart rate elevated. Man, I was sweating. I am super sore in my upper body !!
    I think 3 days circuit training and 3 days cardio ( separate days) will help me tone up and shed fat.
    What do you think about this ?!?

Question – I have read that your not supposed to eat fat after your workout…however, if I am doing this warrior thing an go home after the gym an wait 20 mins and eat…am I ruining myself ?

MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The months are seriously passing me by and I realized today that I have 7 months and 29 days until I aboard my first cruise.

This month I have 2 weddings and I am kicking myself in the butt for not sticking to keto and exercise because now, I only have 12 days and then 17 days to prepare. So, I put that aside me and just am focusing on getting beach body ready for the cruise.
    I am taking the proper steps

- Keto
    - Gym membership
    - Motivation
    Yesterday was the official start day. I was playing with the idea of the warrior keto diet – and I did fast all day but quickly realized that it was hard to get in 1500 cals in a few short hrs. I had about 900 cals but my macros were almost perfect – I was almost at 65/30/5 !!

My stomach didn’t handle all the food intake very well throughout the night. BLAH
    I went to the gym last night after work and did 5 min warm up and did 3 sets of 12 reps on my circuit training. Whew…between each circuit I ran for 5 mins to keep my heart rate elevated. Man, I was sweating. I am super sore in my upper body !!
    I think 3 days circuit training and 3 days cardio ( separate days) will help me tone up and shed fat.
    What do you think about this ?!?

Question – I have read that your not supposed to eat fat after your workout…however, if I am doing this warrior thing an go home after the gym an wait 20 mins and eat…am I ruining myself ?
    Whatever you decide to do program and diet wise you need to STICK TO IT for an extended period of time. You keep changing stuff up depending on convenience. You will have ups and downs and slip ups. But get back on and keep doing the plan. And no....fat post workout is not ideal but assuming you had a decent preworkout meal(whole food) with adequate protein then fat post workout is not that big of a deal.

But, I was fasting all day...trying to do the warrior diet...so I fast for 8 hrs an then go to the gym an then then come go to the gym an come home an start eating...

is this bad ?

when should i eat my regular keto meal ?

But, I was fasting all day...trying to do the warrior diet...so I fast for 8 hrs an then go to the gym an then then come go to the gym an come home an start eating...

is this bad ?

when should i eat my regular keto meal ?
    It should be fine. I would throw in a whey shake immediately after or right towards the end of your workout then have your first meal about 30 mins after. Just my thoughts...I am not an expert at the Warrior diet by any means so if you've already researched it then I assume you know what you are doing.

Okay, ya..I am under eating big time but hitting my macros perfectly. its odd.

But, I need to get at least 1200

Okay, ya..I am under eating big time but hitting my macros perfectly. its odd.

But, I need to get at least 1200
    You already have issues with undereating on a full day eating I'm thinking Warrior Diet may not be the answer for you since you need to consume a large amount of food in a short time. Go for a couple weeks and if you aren't able to get your cals up then switch back to CKD. Worst thing you can do for yourself is undereat which we've discussed before. Keep updating progress and if you don't mind start tracking and posting daily cals and breakdown.

Just pestering you for an update.....how's everything going?

Originally Posted by MASSter View Post
    Just pestering you for an update.....how's everything going?
    I am here !! I am Here

I am in this up and down lately. I need to get motivated an stay motivated thats all. Weeks pass and I still eat the same and weigh the same.

I was toying with the idea of getting 7 keto an keto lean and stacking them.

I bough coconut oil, and ostrich jerkey, and some celcesis energys drinks off BB.com store..

I am just confused...I was reading that HITT in a no no in keto - so Insansity is out for sure. So, now I am going to be stuck with Liss...which I dont mind, its easier but I was bummed to read that.

I tried warior diet, but failed completly...

So, now I am trying to get to the basics.

HIIT is not a "no-no" with keto. Anything goes for the most part. Are you giving up on Insanity and using what some people say as a reason to quit? Pick your poison and stick to it. You have what it takes you just have to stick to a plan and track your cals. You have mastered giving yourself justification for failing. Pick a diet and lets go with it. Stick to the plan for 2 months........no excuses no changing......COMMIT.........you can and will do it.....otherwise my annoying ass will keep on you. From here on out I would appreciate it you would keep yourself honest and post your daily diet and macros. Best way for you to keep yourself on track.

Just noticed my last post sounded like I was being a prick. All I am saying is you are fully capable of doing this. You just need to identify what is causing you to give up on these diets/workouts and be truthul with yourself about it. My personal thought is that you cheat on the diet because you are keeping your calories way too low. With calories too low you aren't gonna have much energy to workout and you set yourself up to cheat. Then you proceed to feel guilty and beat yourself up about it and give up. Everyone cheats on diets and workouts......the key is hopping right back on and not giving it a second thought. Let me know if there's anything I can help out with.
    Last edited by MASSter; 09-23-2010 at 06:10 PM.

Just noticed my last post sounded like I was being a prick. All I am saying is you are fully capable of doing this. You just need to identify what is causing you to give up on these diets/workouts and be truthul with yourself about it. My personal thought is that you cheat on the diet because you are keeping your calories way too low. With calories too low you aren't gonna have much energy to workout and you set yourself up to cheat. Then you proceed to feel guilty and beat yourself up about it and give up. Everyone cheats on diets and workouts......the key is hopping right back on and not giving it a second thought. Let me know if there's anything I can help out with.
    I do need help !! I don't know about the cals thats all !! I do undereat and i do cheat an fail I need to give myself credit an do need somone like u on my ass !!

thanks

I do need help !! I don't know about the cals thats all !! I do undereat and i do cheat an fail I need to give myself credit an do need somone like u on my ass !!

thanks
    Here's the link to the calculator. http://michaelandkendra.com/PhysiqueFX/bmr.htm I think I gave this to you way back in your original log. Change the macros to keto macros 65fat/30protein/5carb. Or even just do a standard 40/40/20 if you don't think you want to do keto anymore. Your choice but if you are gonna do keto you really need to start experimenting with different foods than you have been using otherwise you will end up with the same results. Variety is key.

Here's the link to the calculator. http://michaelandkendra.com/PhysiqueFX/bmr.htm I think I gave this to you way back in your original log. Change the macros to keto macros 65fat/30protein/5carb. Or even just do a standard 40/40/20 if you don't think you want to do keto anymore. Your choice but if you are gonna do keto you really need to start experimenting with different foods than you have been using otherwise you will end up with the same results. Variety is key.
    Okay, so I did my calculations and I am supposed to have 1550- 1860 in cals.
    However, it says if am working out moderatly, I need 2378 cals..I think I need to stick to the 1550 cals.

Right now, I am starving !! I take my lunch at 2pm and ususally I workout, but all I can think about is food !!

I ate 2 large eggs (scrambled)
    and a babybel cheese wedge

My tummy is hungary...

Okay, so I did my calculations and I am supposed to have 1550- 1860 in cals.
    However, it says if am working out moderatly, I need 2378 cals..I think I need to stick to the 1550 cals.

Right now, I am starving !! I take my lunch at 2pm and ususally I workout, but all I can think about is food !!

I ate 2 large eggs (scrambled)
    and a babybel cheese wedge

My tummy is hungary...
    How bout you start with the 1860 and see how it goes for 2 weeks. If you aren't losing then you can adjust. Just DO NOT UNDEREAT AGAIN. Recipe for failure. Good luck......keep me updated. Try preparing most of your food on the weekend so you have ready made meals. Are you doing keto? Lets get a sample of your daily diet will look like including cals. If you don't plan it on paper it's not gonna get done right.

Lightbulb Outline start line 10/12/10

Heading down that road again...Keto road that is !

I think I am BIGGER then I started...I jumped on the scale to see 160lbs - but my guess is its water weight ??!?!?!?!

I think I am loooking far to into things. I am going to start little by little so I am not bruning myself out, and not dreading everyday.

My supplements will be;

Fish oils
    Multivitamin
    Thermogetics
    Extend
    Protein shakes

Simple supplements to start - I do have CLA and Guggoli pills ( If I am spelling them correctly) But, I don't think those will benefit me in this type of diet. I could be wrong though !!!

Cardio - My O My I have read so much on cardio.. " Do 45 mins of low intensisty, do Hiit, only do 30 mins, don't do any at all, do high intensity" Jeez ! I guess everyone is eighter for it or ingore it ! I personally like cardio so I will do it. Plus, I have a TON of bodyfat to shed off of me....30 lbs to be exact. So cardio will be on my list. About 45 mins of it.

I have a few things to much on that are more healthy.
    Green beens, Baby bel cheese, Ostrich beef sticks ( which I never had and am nervous to try)

Weights - Yes, how can we forget weights. I am going to go back to my old faithful DVD'S Jari Loves Ripped Dvd's- She is rough, However it is a hard deabte. I do like P90X and my kettle bells so A switch up will be nice.

Calories - Lets try 1500 -1600

Last thing thats bothers me.... I can't get up in the AM. I set my alarm to 6:00 Am to workout..so I seriously sleep walk over to my phone an turn it off an go back to bed ! I am so guilty in the Morning - I need to change that !

BeckyBum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey, nice to find other woman on keto, well done so far =D
    Can you answer me a few q's?! I am 3 weeks in now and there are still some things im unsure of =S

Firstly... did the keto diet interfere with your monthly visits??
    Mine came early and intensly =( last week (2nd week on keto) and stopped when i carbed up. I am on contriceptive pill so pretty miffed at this!! as it wasn't due =(
    If any of you ladies have had this side effect... can you let me know, will my body get used to keto and my monthly visit come when due?

Originally Posted by BeckyBum View Post
    Hey, nice to find other woman on keto, well done so far =D
    Can you answer me a few q's?! I am 3 weeks in now and there are still some things im unsure of =S

Firstly... did the keto diet interfere with your monthly visits??
    Mine came early and intensly =( last week (2nd week on keto) and stopped when i carbed up. I am on contriceptive pill so pretty miffed at this!! as it wasn't due =(
    If any of you ladies have had this side effect... can you let me know, will my body get used to keto and my monthly visit come when due?
    Hi Becky !! Umm, you know I did notice a stonger monthly flow and I am as well am on BC. But, its nothing to be concerned about. Your body is just adjusting !

How is keto for you ?

I just wanto to Shed Fat

Last night felt GREAT to eat semi healthy - if your referring to Keto.

I had oven baked chicken legs with olive oil, salt and pepper, and rosemary...MMMM delicious. I also had green beans and a greek salad.

Cals came out to 1400 and my marcos were not 65/30/5 but carbs were under 5 thats for sure. Protein was kinda low and fat was high.

I did cardio and today I did cardio too so just waiting to get back into keto.

HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO THIS TIME. I am trying to promise myself that I wont have a carb up until Thanksgiving...which is 4 weeks away so thats perfect.

I have been reading so many back an forth forums on here about Hiit or liss, working out on an empty stomach AHHHHH so much to read an I dont know what to believe.

I just wanna loose fat

I am in keto. Only two days.. which is normal for me. I just hate how I stink. I can literally smell myself at work and at home and sometimes I get a bit self conscious. LOL
    I have lots of work ahead of me still but, I am determined to get back to feeling good and looking good. Like I said I have no more room for error – Unless I buy bigger pants—AHHHH no I won’t do that. I refuse.

Weekends are tough for me. All I want to do is give in but, I have to stay busy and away from food LOL

HELP !! What is wrong with me ?

Man, I dont know what I am doing wrong but I am getting sooo upset. I am getting so hungary that I am nauseated and I dont know if its from not having carbs of what... But, I when I was doing by 45 mins of cardio - I made it to 19 Mins and I had to stop due to dry heaving and feeling like I was going to puke.

I am having severe brain fog to.. I have been in keto for 3 days. I have been on an off with keto before...so I dont know...

Am i not getting enough fats ?

or is this a transistion?

drumchick34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drumchick34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drumchick34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drumchick34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drumchick34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drumchick34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drumchick34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drumchick34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drumchick34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drumchick34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drumchick34 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi! I don't have an answer for you about feeling sick but I am going to be following your journey because I am thinking about trying this diet as well. I hope someone has an answer for you!

Getting educated !

I am learning day by day as time passes here with KETO.

Key things I have learned..

1. Being in Heavy Ketosis means I am not drinking enough or working out hard enough.
    2. Cramps - Need more salt - potassium. No tto mention sign of dehydration
    3. NEED TO EAT MORE CALS !!

More to come.

This is more of a personal note to myself.

I was in keto lighlty yesturday an then this morning I was kicked out completly ! Something I ate must have kicked me out !

I had 1,415 cals

Macros fat/pro/carbs

68.7,8.8,22.5 * Note actual carbs I consumed were 16. The two stalks of broccoli really shot my carbs up *

not quite on the 65/30/5 mark

I found myself trying to find food to eat after dinner to hit my macros b.c I was only at 800 cals by the end of dinner.

My day consisted of....

1 babybel mini cheese
    5 green olives
    os trim beef sticks ( ostrich meat)

4 fish oil pills
    2 fiber choice tablets

5 oz ground sirloin
    1 slice of american cheese
    2 stalks of broccoli
    1 oz velvetta cheese
    1 tbsp of butter
    2 tbsp of oilve oil
    2 tbsp of natty peanut butter
    5 kalamata olives
    1 mini babybel cheese

I didnt have any carbs and I workedout pretty hard doing cardio with weight gloves on. So, I am trying not to beat myself up over it. Hoepfully, I am back in within a few hrs. I just need to make sure that I am getting in my cals. I feel so much better when I sleep and wake up.