Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sorry to hear about your crappy workout, a deload would probably be good for ya. Power cleans might be a good alternative to rows, I've been trying to figure out a way to add them myself. As far as meets go, I checked here to see if any were close to me, and there are 2 in Oct. that are about an hour away from me. The only thing is I don't really know much about the feds (I have to choose between APA and APF), just that I'd like to lift in USAPL or IPF cause they sound like the two with the most integrity. I live in MI about an hour away from the Ohio border, so I might look for some better meets there, I think I heard that one of those two (APA or APF) is about as bad as the SPF in term of judging squat depth and whatnot. Anyways, time for me to take a dump and then get huge!

ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Bum-Life View Post
    tips anyone ????? would really appreciate it
    I kind of feel the same way, any type of barbell row feels sloppy. I pretty much just play along with it though, and add a lot of weight (for me anyways) so that even if it is sloppy I still feel it in my back. It sounds like pretty terrible advice, and it probably is, but it seems to work for most pro bodybuilders. Btw when I row it's about the same form as Ronnie Coleman, just with less than half the weight.

wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    this is what i have been doing.. monday pendlay and friday DB.

I just dont like them, this is why I did DB's from the start. its just overall a very unnatural feeling for me. Ive got over the straight wrist weirdness, but doing 5 reps I feel nothing from, I experimented with 8 reps today but I felt so crappy it didnt really tell me anything. anything under my body weight feels ok for control, but is too light / easy. then when i get into the 225+ weights, they seem very hard to keep good form. maybe I should just suck it up and do them / get better at them.... i dunno. I LOVE back workouts, and everytime I do these I feel like I just had a halfassed workout. maybe im doing something wrong.... im gonna go check out some videos
    Ahh ok. I thought you were just doing DB rows only.

I have the same feeling as well when I do P.Rows. I don't really feel anything in my back but I've been getting stronger and stronger on them so I guess they're working.

You didn't hear it from me, but you don't need to keep perfect form on rows. A bit of cheating is fine because as you say, it's hard to keep 100% perfect form with them when the weights get heavy.

If I was progressing fine on P.Rows I would just keep doing them imo. I mean, afterall, they are definitely working your back, it's not like they're working your calves, no what I'm saying?

Anyways, it's up to you. That's just my opinion.
    My Madcow Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136450181

Bum-Life is just really nice. (+1000) Bum-Life is just really nice. (+1000) Bum-Life is just really nice. (+1000) Bum-Life is just really nice. (+1000) Bum-Life is just really nice. (+1000) Bum-Life is just really nice. (+1000) Bum-Life is just really nice. (+1000) Bum-Life is just really nice. (+1000) Bum-Life is just really nice. (+1000) Bum-Life is just really nice. (+1000) Bum-Life is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ByronOrpheus View Post
    Sorry to hear about your crappy workout, a deload would probably be good for ya. Power cleans might be a good alternative to rows, I've been trying to figure out a way to add them myself. As far as meets go, I checked here to see if any were close to me, and there are 2 in Oct. that are about an hour away from me. The only thing is I don't really know much about the feds (I have to choose between APA and APF), just that I'd like to lift in USAPL or IPF cause they sound like the two with the most integrity. I live in MI about an hour away from the Ohio border, so I might look for some better meets there, I think I heard that one of those two (APA or APF) is about as bad as the SPF in term of judging squat depth and whatnot. Anyways, time for me to take a dump and then get huge!
    thanks for the pity, link, and advice
    i would have loved to join you and wick on the lifetime long cycle of madcows, but i know this will be better for me personally due to what ive learned about myself lifting. will be nice to compare different aproaches too.

i used to do power cleans... loved them too, sooo much leg work already though, i was debating doing a power clean - push press instead of OH press... only time i could see working them in for me.

i actually live in Ontario, but used to work in MI, i missed the niagra meet, so was considering joining you on your first meet.

have a good poop, my morning poops can make or break my whole day as far as physical performance goes (srs)

I kind of feel the same way, any type of barbell row feels sloppy. I pretty much just play along with it though, and add a lot of weight (for me anyways) so that even if it is sloppy I still feel it in my back. It sounds like pretty terrible advice, and it probably is, but it seems to work for most pro bodybuilders. Btw when I row it's about the same form as Ronnie Coleman, just with less than half the weight.
    Originally Posted by wick View Post
    Ahh ok. I thought you were just doing DB rows only.

I have the same feeling as well when I do P.Rows. I don't really feel anything in my back but I've been getting stronger and stronger on them so I guess they're working.

You didn't hear it from me, but you don't need to keep perfect form on rows. A bit of cheating is fine because as you say, it's hard to keep 100% perfect form with them when the weights get heavy.

If I was progressing fine on P.Rows I would just keep doing them imo. I mean, afterall, they are definitely working your back, it's not like they're working your calves, no what I'm saying?

Anyways, it's up to you. That's just my opinion.
    thanks both of you... i am having a hard time making this chinup plan work, and now that i dont feel alone on this form thing... ill stick with the pendlays, i think if i widen my stance and do them 2x a week like i should be doing, ill get better at them.
    My Powerlifting Journal =
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124851791

Bum-Life is just really nice. (+1000) Bum-Life is just really nice. (+1000) Bum-Life is just really nice. (+1000) Bum-Life is just really nice. (+1000) Bum-Life is just really nice. (+1000) Bum-Life is just really nice. (+1000) Bum-Life is just really nice. (+1000) Bum-Life is just really nice. (+1000) Bum-Life is just really nice. (+1000) Bum-Life is just really nice. (+1000) Bum-Life is just really nice. (+1000)
    OFF DAY - should be WEEK 8 / WEDS

-did some bench in the power rack to get used to it, safety actually works out Perfect for me.. pretty happy.

135x5
    155x5
    185x3
    225x5 (this is my 5rm ill work with in round 2 of madcow)
    255x1
    275x1 actually went up easy... this was a struggle before, so i got excited
    295xFAIL haha, oh well. maybe in another 2 months ill get to the 300 club.

was debating maxing deads or squats.. but my body isent feeling it, so ill wait that out till another time.

did some random curls, body weight chins etc. just random sh!t.
    arms felt crazy (i never do curls) 3 sets of 12 reps with the 25lb DB

I think Im gonna be a lazy Fcuker for the rest of the week and start fresh and motivated on monday.

Nice, I predict your bench skyrocketing, it seems like dumbbells have a lot of carryover to bench, but it takes a few weeks of barbell bench for it to manifest. I bet for the first few weeks it will get easier even with the added weight. Also, if your max is 285 or so you should be good for at least 245x5.

It's probably a good thing you didn't squat or dead, you should definitely take it easy the rest of this week, especially considering how much you lift. It seems like you're at the upper end of the spectrum in terms of who this program is for, it's pretty amazing to me that you're still making a bunch of progress even though you're almost deading 5 plates for reps.

Nice, I predict your bench skyrocketing, it seems like dumbbells have a lot of carryover to bench, but it takes a few weeks of barbell bench for it to manifest. I bet for the first few weeks it will get easier even with the added weight. Also, if your max is 285 or so you should be good for at least 245x5.

It's probably a good thing you didn't squat or dead, you should definitely take it easy the rest of this week, especially considering how much you lift. It seems like you're at the upper end of the spectrum in terms of who this program is for, it's pretty amazing to me that you're still making a bunch of progress even though you're almost deading 5 plates for reps.

For round 2, Im almost the most excited for bench, If I can manage a 3plate bench soon, ill take a huge poop of joy right there in the power rack. I so hope your right about "skyrocketing"

my issue with bench is I burn out fast... that is why 225x5 is my 5RM

"considering how much I lift" "upper end of the spectrum" = ego BOOOoooost!! hahah thanks brah
    I would think that experience / body adapting to powerlifting style training would be more of a factor in "outgrowing" madcows rather then lift numbers.... i might be wrong, but I hope my newb-ness keeps me going strong on this program, really loving it.

and yea the rest was much needed.. I really REAALLY wanted to do a 585 dead yesterday, I am 90% sure Im good for it from how my deads have been feeling, but seeing how im still lazy feeling now, im glad i didnt. Monday seems like its so long away, but Ill be so motivated and well rested when its here.

Its officially been 6 days since I have done a squat..... Im even having dreams about it, what has this program turned me into ? body ... rejecting daily life without squatting, must go - to - gym.

I cant wait untill monday.

note : taking day off to regain motivation = sucessfull!

Ha, I know how you feel, I think I might have even had a few dreams about squatting too. Almost every time I set the bar up on the outside of the rack for OH press I start to get under it. It's like if there's a barbell in the room, I'll unconsciously end up walking over to it and squatting it. Good luck with tomorrows workout, I probably won't be able to check your log till Wed. night.

ROUND 2

WEEK 1 - MONDAY

SQUATS

170x5
    215x5
    260x5
    300x5
    340x5 **this was harder then it should be**

REAL BENCH

105x5
    130x5
    155x5
    180x5
    210x5

REAL PENDLAY ROWS

95x5
    115x5
    140x5
    160x5
    185x5

DIPS

Body x5
    +30lbs x5
    +60lbs x5

PULL UPS

Body x 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3

Very excited to get back in the gym... feels like I havent in so long.

squats were allot heavyer then they should have been, honestly 340 was a bit of a struggle, maybe getting back after a week of no squats was a bit of a shock. hoping deads arent going to piss me off tomorrow because of this.

bench i was glad i started so light, everything felt heavy lifting it off haha everything went up fine but sweaty hands were annoying, my wrists feel REALLY weak doing barbell bench. again, glad i started light, this should go away soon i hope.

rows actually felt really good for once, went allot lighter but played with form, almost deadlift stance for feet, and im feeling allot more stable.

dips harder then they should have been

pull ups were great, looked into pavels pull up ladder style of training the last few days and decided im going to give it a go for my assistance, I really like this style felt good. at this point of the day i was feeling allot more awake and motivated, I think my body just needed a wake up work out to get on track again.

no weirdos again at the gym... i really miss them.. but terrible drivers make up for them, so i still have lots to complain about. takes me 10mins tops to get home, saw all of this.

1. old people backing out onto a busy street not looking at all... gave them the horn, and drove away thinking when im old im surrendering my licence for the good of the world.

2. person using the left turn lane as a real lane, drove infront of me for close to a minute then changed lanes in the intersection.

3. person trying to make a U-turn on a highway ramp... im serious, there were cars lined up for blocks, i figured an crash, nope.. some jackass in a jeep blocking everyone with his shoeless leg hanging out of his doorless jeep waiting to make the u-turn.

4. finally almost home, when the person in front of me decided that stopping at the start of the traffic circle was the right thing to do... treating the mild corner like a 4 way stop.

Ginger575 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ginger575 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ginger575 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ginger575 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ginger575 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ginger575 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ginger575 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ginger575 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ginger575 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ginger575 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ginger575 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sounds like it went pretty well. Nice work!
    I miss squats.

ROUND 2

WEEK 1 - WEDS

SQUATS

170x5
    215x5
    260x5
    260x5

OH PRESS

90x5
    115x5
    120x5
    140x5

DEADS

280x5
    335x5
    390x5
    445x5

GRIP WORK (over hand grip)

Hold 315 x 14secs, 10secs, 10secs, Body hang x45secs

Finally invested in chalk, no idea how i went without this, my OH press felt sooo much better, I cant wait for Bench now my grip will be solid, I know my presses will be easyer. nothing exciting about light squats, but Im starting to like doing my squats outside the rack, not sure why, just feels better.
    OH press is always hard for me, but the chalk helped, hopefully I get my revenge on that 155 in a few weeks.
    Deads are always good, I love deads, 445 felt light as usual, but again having endurance issues (not a problem yet, but in 5 plate land it will be) ..... perhaps im getting fat now that I ride my bike allot less ?
    Grip was an impulse decision, I always lift both or dual overhand grip, whatever its called and figured I should work on this since my weights are getting bigger.

havent seen weirdos in a long time, but there is this one old dude (50ish) guy thinks hes JACKED (roughly 5'7 - 170-180), walks around and tells me how he used to be 150 lbs and look what he is now... yea, good for you old man, I was 150 aswell and im like 5 inches taller then you. Not sure if this guy is jealous of younger people or feels he has something to prove, but he only works upper body and today was screaming as he was doing tri push downs and bouncing his bench press off his chest in the saftey squat machine. he then told me how he wishes he started when he was my age because, "well just imagine if I did" all cocky as he walked out the door.... lol !

Stolen Ideas from Byron's Log

Too stupid to have thought of this myself, woulda been nice to end my first round. so here it is a little late :

cliffs on ROUND 1

WEEK 1 felt great now that my old random program was dead, and realized it was probably killing my CNS

WEEK 2 light weight budddday! / realized sleep and being hydrated makes a big difference

WEEK 3 feeling cocky and got sh!t done

WEEK 4 feeling stronger, doing weight i've never tryed for 5 reps before, starting to feel a bit of a challange

WEEK 5 started to test my endurance, weight still light except for missing 1 rep on DB bench 110's x 4 - blamed this on losing balance as it hit my boob

WEEK 6 failed on DB bench 115x3 , and failed on OH press 155x4 otherwise still feeling good, confident that Ill get these easy next week

WEEK 7 continue to fail at DB Bench 115x4 and OH press 155x4 but felt I was still making progress with them. Squat and Deads = awesome still, felt 380x5 was going to be easy next week, starting to feel my endurance limits on the 5th rep.

WEEK 8 forget what I learned about sleep / not grinding myself into the ground on week 2 and have a Giant day of Fail... decide I would be better off taking a deload rather then keep grinding away. Large mental fail here, now that I look back on it, I could have kept going. but im sure the rest will do me good.

END OF ROUND 1

edit.... I finally learned how to bold and stuff... log will get sexyer now !

Finally invested in chalk, no idea how i went without this...

...but there is this one old dude (50ish) guy thinks hes JACKED (roughly 5'7 - 170-180)
    Chalk helps out a ton, especially if the weather by you is anything like it is by me right now.

Is the old dude jacked? Or just an ass? It's one of my hopes and dreams to be all kinds of badass looking when I'm 50 or 60, like the dude from Avatar.

Chalk helps out a ton, especially if the weather by you is anything like it is by me right now.

Is the old dude jacked? Or just an ass? It's one of my hopes and dreams to be all kinds of badass looking when I'm 50 or 60, like the dude from Avatar.
    LOL.... not even close !

after I saw Avatar I claimed that dude as the biggest movie badass of all time..... loved that guy!

this guy... uhh not so much....

ROUND 2

WEEK 1 - FRIDAY

SQUATS

170x5
    215x5
    260x5
    300x5
    350x3
    260x8

REAL BENCH - pinkys on rings

105x5
    135x5
    155x5
    185x5
    215x3
    155x8

PENDLAY ROWS

95x5
    115x5
    140x5
    160x5
    190x3
    140x8

WIDE GRIP PULL UPS

Body x 1 , 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3

CABLE ROW

220 x 11
    220 x 6 --> 150 x 6 --> 100 x 10

felt ALLOT better today, wasent fatigued at the end like my last few fridays so im happy.
    squats were heavyer then they should feel.... not sure whats up here, I think I have been slacking a little on my eating lately, so Ill try to get in a few more calories.
    Bench.... well, Im pretty sure I found out today that im an idiot

bar position is WAAAY to high which I realized last set, so I hope monday goes good / feels lighter. chalk was sooo much better today.
    Rows are piss easy, but im glad i dropped them so low, form is great now, and i hold them at the top.
    pullups and cable rows made my back feel gold when i left, really a big fan of this ladder style workout.

edit : my log is going to be so pretty now that I know how to do images and bold text ..... now I just need a camera so I can get some vids here.
    Last edited by Bum-Life; 07-30-2010 at 01:24 PM.

ROUND 2

WEEK 2 - MONDAY

SQUATS

175 x 5
    220 x 5
    265 x 5
    310 x 5
    350 x 5

REAL BENCH

110 x 5
    135 x 5
    160 x 5
    190 x 5
    215 x 5

PENDLAY ROW

95 x 5
    120 x 5
    145 x 5
    165 x 5
    190 x 5

DIPS

Body x 5
    +35 lbs x 5
    +65 lbs x 5

WIDE GRIP PULL UPS

Body x 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 1 , 2 , 3 , 1 , 2 , 3

again im a little tired and sore from soccer yesterday, but everything was good. squats actually felt really good / light untill 350, it was a bit of a challange mostly the endurance thing again
    bench felt sooo much better with my improved form, i still feel stupid for this.... 215 was hard though, i have more in me but im still glad i went light, to hopefully build some endurance for that 4th n 5th rep
    rows pull ups etc were again super easy. i might even progress this pull up ladder a little faster then i thought.

side notes : not sure if it was due to the long weekend or what but there were probably 6+ new people at the gym (small gym) Im super pumped that at least a few will turn into weirdos, everyone was pretty quiet but one did ask me how to use a weird machine we have there after I watched him use it wrong and the cable was rubbing on the top of his head while doing tri extensions.

ROUND 2

WEEK 2 - WEDS

SQUATS

175x5
    225x5
    265x5
    265x5 *notes at bottom*

OH PRESS

95x5
    110x5
    125x5
    145x5 *notes at bottom*

DEADS

285x5
    340x5
    400x5
    455x5

GRIP STUFF

100lbs DB hold in shrug position x 60secs, 45secs
    Body weight hang x 30secs

notes notes notes....

well today was meh.... found out about 5mins before I left for the gym that a job I was promised months ago starting in Aug is now not avialable... FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU !!!!

that aside.. gym wasent so great either, maybe mind just not focused today..

squats : my form just felt weird today, didnt feel flexable enough today / felt weird at depth, not like any were heavy, but 265 shoulda been easyer.

OH press wasent too bad, again form didnt feel right today, but everything went up better then I thought.. 125 was easy, then 145 was easy untill rep #4, then I got more focused and put some effort in to make rep 5 go up fast.

deads, again, form... just didnt feel right, seems like its harder to sit back into it today / drop my ass low enough.. everything went up but didnt feel as good as usual.

felt pretty tired yesterday, and in the mirror i feel a little smaller... havent weighed in in a LONG time so Im not sure if its mental or not, but Im gonna try to sneak in some more milk between meals.

im actually looking forward to benching the most this round, which is really weird since I usually hate it / suck at it, so I was more pumped for squats / deads last time. hopefully I have a good friday and get back motivated / feeling strong again.

Ginger575 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ginger575 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ginger575 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ginger575 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ginger575 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ginger575 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ginger575 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ginger575 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ginger575 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ginger575 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ginger575 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sorry about the job.

felt pretty tired yesterday, and in the mirror i feel a little smaller... havent weighed in in a LONG time so Im not sure if its mental or not, but Im gonna try to sneak in some more milk between meals.
    Have some chocolate chip cookies with the milk...
    or maybe not. Don't take diet advice from anyone who's BF is in the 30 something %.

im actually looking forward to benching the most this round, which is really weird since I usually hate it / suck at it, so I was more pumped for squats / deads last time. hopefully I have a good friday and get back motivated / feeling strong again.
    I go through that. My first favorite was the bench. That's what got me interested in PL.
    My current fav. is the deadlift but I'm enjoying benching more again.

Almost forgot...what percent of your max are you currently working from for squats? Just curious.
    Last edited by Ginger575; 08-04-2010 at 03:06 PM.

Originally Posted by Ginger575 View Post
    Sorry about the job.

Have some chocolate chip cookies with the milk...
    or maybe not. Don't take diet advice from anyone who's BF is in the 30 something %.

I go through that. My first favorite was the bench. That's what got me interested in PL.
    My current fav. is the deadlift but I'm enjoying benching more again.

Almost forgot...what percent of your max are you currently working from for squats? Just curious.
    thanks... I think I was a little bummed working out today because of the job thing, im not my general happy self at the moment either.. boooo!

I hope this new care for bench can bring me some PR's... If I can get a 3 plate single at the end of this round I should be happy, kinda long term goal for me.... never thought I would ever get to it since Ive struggled with bench since I started lifting.

and for the % of max... Im not really sure. I plugged in where I left off last round which was 370 x 5, I havent hit a max since long before I started this log, but generally my maxes are not what would calculate properly. for some reason I have endurance issues with heavys over 3 reps so I wouldnt use myself for a guidline.... If I were to guess my 1RM for a squat id say between 425 and 450lbs which would put me around 80% this week.

PUMPED ! plus weirdos, great day !

ROUND 2

WEEK 2 - FRIDAY

SQUATS

175x5
    220x5
    265x5
    310x5
    360x3 *never has 360 felt this light *
    265x8 *usually tiring set, was way to easy today*

REAL BENCH - paused, pinkys on rings

110x5
    135x5
    160x5
    185x5
    220x3 *heavy to un rack, easy to push*
    160x8

PENDLAY ROWS

95x5
    135x5
    145x5
    165x5
    195x3
    145x8

WIDE GRIP PULL UPS

Body x 1,2,3,4, 1,2,3,4, 1,2,3

CABLE ROW

220 x 9, 7 --> 150x7 --> 100x10

Great day today, actually didnt sleep too well / very long last night, and when I got to the gym I realized I forgot my pre gym banana... oh well, I was feeling motivated again from watching football vids (NFL season soon !!!!!) music vids.

squats were great from the start, form felt perfect (think i was too wide last workout) 360 was so light today, gave me allot of confidence in hitting a 4 plate x 5 in the near future.

bench felt great too, form was good, 220 was heavy to unrack but went up easy.

pull ups are feeling great, gonna stick with these numbers for next week before i advance again, dont want to rush it.

Side notes.... good potential for weirdos !!! im excited, I had a random guy i have never seen before shake my hand today, no idea why, didnt say a word, but for some reason my natural reaction at his hand extended for the shake was to shake it... haha i think i might have said "hey" or "whats up" cant remember, hope I get more from this guy in the future.

packing and heading up north for the weekend, yay! gotta make sure I eat good.

Good to hear about the workout! Have a great weekend!

Nice workout, I think today was a good day for madcows . I bench with my ringfingers on the rings, and I thought that was close. There's no way you have short arms with that kind of deadlift, does that close of a grip just feel the best?
    Last edited by ByronOrpheus; 08-07-2010 at 04:54 AM. Reason: grammer

Nice workout, I think today was a good day for madcows . I bench with my ringfingers on the rings, and I thought that was close. There's no way you have short arms with that kind of deadlift, does that close of a grip just feel the best?
    It's weird how the few madcow logs go here, it is very trendy for bad / good days, since I'm usualy first to post for the day, I usually feel responsible for setting a bad standard for the day. haha

Im glad you asked about the grip width, this is where I grip for OH press and Bench, I guess it just seems to be the natural area for me to grab. My arms arent short, 6'1 ish wingspan.... but I will try bench tomorrow with wider grip to see how it feels.

wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Im glad you asked about the grip width, this is where I grip for OH press and Bench, I guess it just seems to be the natural area for me to grab. My arms arent short, 6'1 ish wingspan.... but I will try bench tomorrow with wider grip to see how it feels.
    Do you use the same grip for OH press as you do for bench? I have my pinkies on the ring for bench and have my index finger probably half an inch from the smooth part for OH Press. I basically try and keep my forearms perpendicular to the floor. My wingspan is the same as my height also
    My Madcow Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136450181

Originally Posted by wick View Post
    Do you use the same grip for OH press as you do for bench? I have my pinkies on the ring for bench and have my index finger probably half an inch from the smooth part for OH Press. I basically try and keep my forearms perpendicular to the floor. My wingspan is the same as my height also
    yea, I have pinkys on rings for both. I actually used to OH press a little wider... as far as index on rings, but moved them in recently. your wingspan is going to be 2-3inches wider then mine, and the pinkys on rings seems to be working for you...
    Im still going to play around with the width tommorow, and maybe leave some notes about how different it felt to me.

have you or byron experimented much with this ? any advice ?

EDIT:

did a little search on the forums, and pinkys on rings seems pretty popular with even the taller guys... didnt even know this, but I guess benching any wider then index on rings isent even allowed in a comp ? (not 100% on this) apparently puts more strain on the shoulders and pecs which are not really my strong points

I also went back and watched wicks bench vids he posted, looks really natural, forarms are dead straight up and down, basicly what I try to do on my lifts. going to watch a little closer tomorrow how my arms look, and try a few different positions on some of my light sets to see what its like.
    Last edited by Bum-Life; 08-08-2010 at 08:59 PM.

I keep about the same grip for OH press also, ringfinger on ring. I haven't really experimented with different grips, I just reset my bench though so I could try today. I'm pretty surprised at all this, all this time I thought I was benching with a fairly close grip.

Bench Grip and female orgasms..... OH MY !

ROUND 2

WEEK 3 - MONDAY

SQUATS

180x5
    225x5
    270x5
    315x5
    360x5 *felt great, notes at bottom*

REAL BENCH - paused / fingers inside of rings

110x5
    135x5
    165x5
    190x5
    220x5 *sooo much better with narrower grip*

PENDLAY ROW

100x5
    120x5
    145x5
    170x5
    195x5

DIPS

Body x 5
    + 40 lbs x 5
    + 70 lbs x 5

WIDE GRIP PULL UPS

Body x 1,2,3,4, 1,2,3,4, 1,2,3

Good day today...

Squats I remembered from last week, I narrowed my stance and it felt good, today = same deal... felt really good today, semi tired at 5th rep, but overall easy... so I have made some progress from last round for sure

Bench, decided to play around with grip, quickly noticed that wider felt terrible... felt harder to unrack, and hard to push near the bottom, felt like doing terrible flys .. just for the hell of it tryed narrower, felt GREAT !, way easyer to unrack, dosent feel as heavy now, and when watching in the mirror to get my forearms straight up and down, I grab just inside the rings, if I had an extra finger then it would be on the rings. its crazy how much a cm or 2 tops can do.

rows chins everything else, felt good / easy still.

NOW ON TO THE GOOD PART !

YES YES YES !

new weirdos, this time a girl.... I have overheard some talk of this loud girl and today I finally was there to experience it, EVERY set, EVERY rep she moans like shes getting f***ed..... its GOLD ! little older then me, but shes not ugly. If you closed your eyes or just dont watch her, its sounds like your watching porn. I went to the washroom (not to fap) and could still hear through the walls, and the trainer is saying "push" or, "breath" etc... at times it sounds like she was getting coached and giving birth. I HOPE this girl is around more when I am for future awesomeness !

ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZaeYeL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    LOOOOOOOOL~!!!! I have seen a girl or two like this in the gym

form form form form form...... FORM !

ROUND 2

WEEK 3 - WED

SQUATS

180x5
    225x5
    270x5
    270x5 *felt reaaaly good / light*

OH PRESS

90x5
    110x5
    130x5
    145x5 *tryed narrow grip.... sooo much better*

DEADS

295x5
    350x5
    410x5
    470x5 *was so cocky at this point, I held these for 2secs at the top*

GRIP STUFF

hold 100 DB in shrug position
    x60 secs
    x45 secs
    body x 30 secs

Today = SWEEEET !

Squats felt crazy light even though it was a light day.

OH Press is gold now... I griped narrow just to try it (maybe an inch inside the rings) SO much easyer, I cant believe how much easyer it is.. no struggle at all 155 x 5 come at me bro !

Deads, at this point I was feeling so good that nothing was going to ruin my day, got super cocky and paused my 470x5 each rep for 2 secs + didnt even get tired this time.

let the good times roll !

Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast