valdes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valdes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valdes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valdes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valdes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valdes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valdes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valdes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valdes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valdes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) valdes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Supplements vs No Supplements

Has anyone here tested their workout routine for 3 months without supplements & then with supplements and documented their gains?
    Kemuel Valdes
    Exercise Physiologist & Photographer
    Miami FL
    www.valdesarthouse.com
    Kemuel@valdesarthouse.com

Keep balance in mind

simonpowell65 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I haven't done this but i am tempted too. i regularly use supplements so would be interesting to see gains without

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Near 10 years later and OP got a response. Hope he's not dead.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

BillyECarroll is not very well liked. (-100) BillyECarroll is not very well liked. (-100) BillyECarroll is not very well liked. (-100) BillyECarroll is not very well liked. (-100) BillyECarroll is not very well liked. (-100) BillyECarroll is not very well liked. (-100) BillyECarroll is not very well liked. (-100) BillyECarroll is not very well liked. (-100) BillyECarroll is not very well liked. (-100) BillyECarroll is not very well liked. (-100) BillyECarroll is not very well liked. (-100)
    I understand where your coming from. Like i said to kayosthery. I cannot seem to get more than 1100 cals in me a day. And so my body is most likely feeding off the muscle i am trying to put on. It would be easy to get the 2800 or so i NEED if i was eating crap, but its hard to get 2800 good cals

davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100)
    Interesting experiment, I would like to read after all this time whether it worked. But I know a lot of people who train without supplements, protein, or vitamins. They get everything they need from food.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I know this is an old thread but it's worth pointing out the flaws in the idea. Real research is done on groups of people - not just one person. This gives you statistical power to actually make a claim that an effect is real and not just happening by chance.

There is usually a control group who does not get the intervention (in this case, that means removing supplements from your regimen). This is to show a difference between groups if any exists.

Finally, the brief it too vague... which supplement are you talking about, you can only test one thing at a time. If it were protein for example, you need to standardise how much protein each person is also getting from food.

Such experimental data often already exists for individual ingredients - especially creatine and protein. Perhaps go to examine.com as a first stop for a supplement research summary.

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I know this is an old thread but it's worth pointing out the flaws in the idea. Real research is done on groups of people - not just one person. This gives you statistical power to actually make a claim that an effect is real and not just happening by chance.

There is usually a control group who does not get the intervention (in this case, that means removing supplements from your regimen). This is to show a difference between groups if any exists.

Finally, the brief it too vague... which supplement are you talking about, you can only test one thing at a time. If it were protein for example, you need to standardise how much protein each person is also getting from food.

Such experimental data often already exists for individual ingredients - especially creatine and protein. Perhaps go to examine.com as a first stop for a supplement research summary.
    Here is something to think about as well.

A pioneer in the industry (let’s say a strength and conditioning coach, a nutritionist, etc) who would do their own experimentation on themselves or clients based on personal research.

They try a method (such as a training program) or a supplement or even a drug. They’ll notice a pattern with their clients of progress or success. It becomes empirical evidence but it isn’t statistically significant for the reasons you brought up, we can agree on that.

The late Dan Duchaine was a great example of this when it came to anabolics, mass monsters became common in bodybuilding due to Dans experimentation on himself and clients.

Vince Gironda was way ahead of his time with empirical evidence based on his clients results. He didn’t need a scientific study, the results were there. Later, human trials would prove him right. His research was based many times on trauma victims, he realized bodybuilders were in fact creating a degree of trauma on their bodies and found ways to help them recover: more muscle was the side effect.

There are more I can reference.

If we didn’t have these gents (among many others in their field) we’d never move forward and progress in athletics or bodybuilding. The mass monsters, the super athletes....everyone would do the same old thing.

I have tried specific supplements on myself that have only been proven in rat studies, no human studies yet for example. My blood labs don’t lie.

TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No one should need a group of people to tell them what works or what doesn't work, trust yourself
    alienshave.com - Shave Smarter

steve@alienshave.com

BMBC - Master Level - Worldwide

Original 999,999k Crew

BCAAs Bring all the Boys to the Yard

TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by StepanyanMir View Post
    the world is going to change now
    once there was a time people like Arnold Schwarzenegger build their body naturally
    but nowadays the new generation wants everything in no time
    Say no to Supplements
    Arnold was far from natural
    alienshave.com - Shave Smarter

steve@alienshave.com

BMBC - Master Level - Worldwide

Original 999,999k Crew

BCAAs Bring all the Boys to the Yard

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    And there we have it. Just try it bros. Disregard science. It's all just blah, blah, blah anyway, right? Right?
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ginzcuDRkwf2015 View Post
    Durabolin can be used to increment lean body mass in the case of negative nitrogen balance.
    That doesn’t qualify as a supplement, it’s a bit stronger