LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000)

Cold Processed Protein

I've read a little recently about cold processed protein vs. heat processed protein. If the stuff I'm reading holds true, then I think a LOT of us have been getting the shaft for a long time. If protein is heated during the manufacturing process, then it loses a huge amount of its bioavailability.

After I looked at the most commonly used proteins, the only one I saw that has cold processed whey in their ingredients was MyoFusion.

For two years now I've been strictly using Whey Isolates and it seems now that the perception that blends are "worse" is way off. So my hat goes off to Gaspari for putting the best ingredients in MyoFusion!

DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i read a lot before jumping into conclusions... not "a little".

but thats just me and myofusion is awesome

P.S. still lol'd at getting the shaft

LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000) LeeKun is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DASBUNKER View Post
    i read a lot before jumping into conclusions... not "a little".

but thats just me and myofusion is awesome

P.S. still lol'd at getting the shaft
    Well more than a little. I was just speaking figuratively. Not a dumb post with
    out any thought.

eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Many of the higher quality products that contain whey protein isolates use cold processed WPI (Isoflex, ISO Sensation 93, Ultra Peptide 1.0/2.0, Isolyze, etc).

On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think all CFM is cold processed. I don't think there's any reason to heat CFM WPI.
    Don't tell me what you want to do, do it.
    Barbarian Requirements Pre-2011 complete: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJSVOLItqMA
    Working on my "core", because I'm not a fat fuk.

shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by LeeKun View Post
    I've read a little recently about cold processed protein vs. heat processed protein. If the stuff I'm reading holds true, then I think a LOT of us have been getting the shaft for a long time. If protein is heated during the manufacturing process, then it loses a huge amount of its bioavailability.

After I looked at the most commonly used proteins, the only one I saw that has cold processed whey in their ingredients was MyoFusion.

For two years now I've been strictly using Whey Isolates and it seems now that the perception that blends are "worse" is way off. So my hat goes off to Gaspari for putting the best ingredients in MyoFusion!

You also want to avoid ion-exchange proteins.

Isolates are not necessarily better than concentrates. They are purer, but unless you have bad lactose issues or are on a super strict cut concentrates are just fine. A high quality concentrate is better than a poor quality isolate.
    Latest Reviews:

My huge list of informative links: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132306613

Xtreme Formulations UP2 Multi-Flavor Review!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129562583

HiTMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) HiTMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) HiTMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) HiTMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) HiTMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) HiTMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) HiTMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) HiTMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) HiTMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) HiTMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) HiTMe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Is XF whey cold processed?

potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    whey isolates are generally more bioavailable

they also have higher concentration of protein vs impurities(lactose, ash, other byproducts) than concentrates

cowboyarroyo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cowboyarroyo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cowboyarroyo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cowboyarroyo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cowboyarroyo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cowboyarroyo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cowboyarroyo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cowboyarroyo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cowboyarroyo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cowboyarroyo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cowboyarroyo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by eldawg View Post
    Many of the higher quality products that contain whey protein isolates use cold processed WPI (Isoflex, ISO Sensation 93, Ultra Peptide 1.0/2.0, Isolyze, etc).
    there is a catch to everything

lovemymac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Things i look for in protein powders i take

All-natural, grass fed cows' whey, NOT pesticide-treated, grain-fed cows' whey

Compared to grain-fed cows, grass fed cows produce whey that:

Is nutritionally superior to grain fed

Contains an impressive amino acid and immuno-supportive nutrient profile

Is rich in healthy fats--lipolic acid and CLA (conjugated linoleic acid)

Hormone-free Cows, NOT hormonally-treated cows

Many American dairy farmers inject the hormone rBGH in dairy cows to increase milk production. This hormone has been linked to serious disease and illness, including cancer. Choose whey made from hormone-free cows.

Cold processed, NOT heat processed

Most whey is heat processed which:

Makes the whey acidic and nutritionally deficient

Damages the immuno-supportive micronutrients and amino acids

Makes whey inadequate for consumption

Cold processed whey protects the nutrients in their natural state.

Acid-free processing, NOT Acid / Ion Exchange Processing

Acid / Ion Exchange Processing is cheaper than acid-free processing, but it denatures the amino acid profiles by using acids and chemicals to separate the whey from the fats.

Whey protein concentrate, NOT protein isolates

Protein isolates are proteins stripped away from their nutritional cofactors. There are three problems with that...

All isolates are exposed to acid processing.

Your body cannot assimilate proteins in isolated form.

Due to over-processing, isolates are deficient in key amino acids and nutritional cofactors.

Sweetened naturally, NOT artificially, and low carb

Most whey products are artificially sweetened making them useless if you have sugar sensitivities, or just don't want to put artificial sweeteners or flavors into your body.

Your whey should be low glycemic, low carb and should not contain any artificial sweeteners, sugar alcohol, glycerin, fructose, sugar or gluten.

Maximum biological value, NOT compromised or damaged

Most whey proteins provide some benefit. But, due to the ingredients, the source of the whey, the concentration of beneficial nutrients, or the type of processing, many whey products simply don't deliver what they promise.

You want whey that's guaranteed to retain its maximum biological value -- one with all the key amino acids, cofactors and beneficial micronutrients present and intact rather than compromised or damaged, and not missing any amino acids or essential nutrients.

Easy to Digest, NOT Causing Digestive Stress

Many whey products contain long-chain fatty acids which are hard to digest and require bile acids to absorb.

You want a whey protein powder with medium chain triglycerides (MCT). These are easily absorbed, digested quickly, and utilized as energy without causing digestive stress.

Ideally, you want a product in which the MCT come from the best source of all -- coconut oil.

Free from Toxic Heavy Metals or at Such Low Levels NOT to be a Health Risk
    Many protein powders both whey and non-whey could contain dangerous levels of heavy metals like mercury, lead, cadmium, and arsenic.

A recent Consumer Reports’ evaluation showed some leading brands of protein powders exceeded United States Pharmacopoeia’s (USP) recommended safety limits for certain heavy metals.
    You want to avoid these products at all costs because any high concentration of heavy metals taken over time could lead to serious health consequences.

BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by lovemymac View Post

Many American dairy farmers inject the hormone rBGH in dairy cows to increase milk production. This hormone has been linked to serious disease and illness, including cancer. Choose whey made from hormone-free cows.

Acid / Ion Exchange Processing is cheaper than acid-free processing, but it denatures the amino acid profiles by using acids and chemicals to separate the whey from the fats.

Protein isolates are proteins stripped away from their nutritional cofactors. There are three problems with that...

Due to over-processing, isolates are deficient in key amino acids and nutritional cofactors.

Most whey products are artificially sweetened making them useless if you have sugar sensitivities, or just don't want to put artificial sweeteners or flavors into your body.

Your whey should be low glycemic, low carb and should not contain any artificial sweeteners, sugar alcohol, glycerin, fructose, sugar or gluten.

Most whey proteins provide some benefit. But, due to the ingredients, the source of the whey, the concentration of beneficial nutrients, or the type of processing, many whey products simply don't deliver what they promise.

You want whey that's guaranteed to retain its maximum biological value -- one with all the key amino acids, cofactors and beneficial micronutrients present and intact rather than compromised or damaged, and not missing any amino acids or essential nutrients.

Many whey products contain long-chain fatty acids which are hard to digest and require bile acids to absorb.

You want a whey protein powder with medium chain triglycerides (MCT). These are easily absorbed, digested quickly, and utilized as energy without causing digestive stress.

Ideally, you want a product in which the MCT come from the best source of all -- coconut oil.

Many protein powders both whey and non-whey could contain dangerous levels of heavy metals like mercury, lead, cadmium, and arsenic.

A recent Consumer Reports’ evaluation showed some leading brands of protein powders exceeded United States Pharmacopoeia’s (USP) recommended safety limits for certain heavy metals.
    You want to avoid these products at all costs because any high concentration of heavy metals taken over time could lead to serious health consequences.
    Longest post in bodybuilding.com history.
    Speller Extraordinaire. Don't believe the lies.

WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000)
    long post
    so which protein would that be?

GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GymRat128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Allmax ISOFLEX All the way...I just picked up two tubs...Strawberry and PB Choc...both were great tasteing,mixed easy in my shaker cup and def. going to buy this product from no won...PB Choc was just like Reese's Pieces and unlike alot of other proteins that state the same this one actually taste like Reese's Pieces, I wish they made 10lb tubs. Def. wont be disapointed just make sure you dont mix 1 scoop with more then 5-6oz of water.

RearNakedChoke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is that you Dr. Mercola? So who copied who? LoL...his email just came out this morning yet you posted this a couple weeks ago. This is word for word the same. Interesting! I don't have a 30 post count so I can't link it so just add the http:

proteinpowder.mercola.com/Miracle-Whey-Protein.html

Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    myofusion = cold "infused". XF and Allmax are cold processed though.

xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GymRat128 View Post
    Allmax ISOFLEX All the way...I just picked up two tubs...Strawberry and PB Choc...both were great tasteing,mixed easy in my shaker cup and def. going to buy this product from no won...PB Choc was just like Reese's Pieces and unlike alot of other proteins that state the same this one actually taste like Reese's Pieces, I wish they made 10lb tubs. Def. wont be disapointed just make sure you dont mix 1 scoop with more then 5-6oz of water.
    This.

Isoflex is amazing. I have been an addict for 3 years now
    Type 1 Diabetic - Since age 15
    Luke 1:37 "For NOTHING is impossible with God"

INSTAGRAM: StevenGFH Follow me!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX