Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
    Baconcop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Baconcop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Baconcop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Baconcop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Baconcop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Baconcop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Baconcop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Baconcop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Baconcop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Baconcop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Baconcop is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Can whey proteins cause constipation?

Hey guys so i started working out about a month ago, i am trying to get a six pack. I cut on sugar, sodium, simple carbs (bread, rice, pasta, patsry etc). I'm eating much more protein (fish, chicken breast), eat a lot of vegetables, nuts, and some none sugary fruits.

I lift weights 4 times a week, and jog 6 times. Anyways i won't go into details about my exercise routine. I also drink 140g of proteins a day, protein shakes.

And lately, i've been constipated, i am not trying to be disgusting here, just that it's hard for me to let out my feces and i don't understand why because i am well hydrated, i exercise vigorously, and eat a lot of fiber! Can proteins be the cause of my constipation?

I think that i need to have a good digestive regime since i'm losing some fat as a goal.

Thanks all!!
    Small gains add up to huge results, thus you will collect the fruits of your labor.

" Life will teach you to laugh through tears ''

PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You're drinking far too much whey protein. Meat wins for protein, hands down. If anything, whey would have given you the ****s for using that much.
    PRM - Off-Season and Competition Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140058233

Baconcop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Baconcop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Baconcop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Baconcop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Baconcop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Baconcop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Baconcop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Baconcop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Baconcop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Baconcop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Baconcop is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by PRMachine View Post
    You're drinking far too much whey protein. Meat wins for protein, hands down. If anything, whey would have given you the ****s for using that much.
    But i've been told 1g of protein per body pound?
    Small gains add up to huge results, thus you will collect the fruits of your labor.

" Life will teach you to laugh through tears ''

PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Baconcop View Post
    But i've been told 1g of protein per body pound?
    Yeah, of protein. Not whey protein. Most food has protein, and meat has lots of it. Whey protein is ideal for after your workouts, or incase you REALLY can't get to a chicken breast, or a steak.
    PRM - Off-Season and Competition Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140058233

deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah, of protein. Not whey protein. Most food has protein, and meat has lots of it. Whey protein is ideal for after your workouts, or incase you REALLY can't get to a chicken breast, or a steak.
    This. ^

4oz of chicken has about 18g of protein, 1/2 cup oats has 6g, 2tbsp peanutbutter has 7g, etc.
    Try opening a fitday.com account, and keep track of your foods there. I added everything in as a "custom" food. That way, you will see everything as far as protein/carbs/fats intake every day.
    There is no spoon.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For I am the baddest man in the valley.

We all only have today and right now, but without death being pressed upon us we hide behind our false pretense of immortality. - Lvisaa

Student100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I have the SAME PRoblem and I am NOT TAKING ANY WHEY!?!?!?!

This is so weird I have the same problem. I eat Very healthy follow a workout routine Sixpackshortcuts to be exact, and I eat fish or chicken breast about 4 times a day and do not take ANY WHEY, and i eat a Lot of fiber, but I have not done #2 for about 3 or 4 days now!!??
    I first thought maybe my body is just burning off all of the junk instead of removing it. but i doubt that. my measurements have gone down but very slightly. ie) last week i was 36 inches on my waist, today i am 35.85

MindBogger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MindBogger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MindBogger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MindBogger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MindBogger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MindBogger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A high protien diet can cause constipaton. Could alwaystry drinking more fiber. Don't wanttoget a hemorhoid. From to much pushing

justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i have a feeling that OP is trolling because of his avi. pretty sure he knows that chicken breast has protein in it....

either way about being constipated, drink lots and lots of water and eat lots of food with fibre. you can also supplement with it too. also perhaps take something like orange triad which has digestive support in it.

if you think this isnt the problem then go see a doctor

Themaskfighter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys so i started working out about a month ago, i am trying to get a six pack. I cut on sugar, sodium, simple carbs (bread, rice, pasta, patsry etc). I'm eating much more protein (fish, chicken breast), eat a lot of vegetables, nuts, and some none sugary fruits.

I lift weights 4 times a week, and jog 6 times. Anyways i won't go into details about my exercise routine. I also drink 140g of proteins a day, protein shakes.

And lately, i've been constipated, i am not trying to be disgusting here, just that it's hard for me to let out my feces and i don't understand why because i am well hydrated, i exercise vigorously, and eat a lot of fiber! Can proteins be the cause of my constipation?

I think that i need to have a good digestive regime since i'm losing some fat as a goal.

Thanks all!!
    Ya i know what you mean i used to have the same problem. Been lifting for 3 years been doin the same thing you have been doing. My doctor recommended a stool softener called (miralax) has a pink top. Or you can get the off brand which works the same called (clear lax) purple top its cheaper. It will solve tht problem makes you use the bathroom normaly not a laxative but ya try that should stop that and you dont haft to cut down on your protein intake.

ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Figure out your macros, hit them, and if your still having digestive issues, look into a Probiotic like Gut Health, increases nutrient absorption, amongst many other benefits, to reduce gas and have the digestive system "flowing" more regularly with a high protein diet.

coreyb71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cure for Hemorhoids

Avatrol will fix hemorhoids if you get one; I've used it.

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by coreyb71 View Post
    Avatrol will fix hemorhoids if you get one; I've used it.
    Great join date to thread bump to subject matter ratio
    ***Manchester United Season Ticket Crew***
    ***Militant Vegetarian Crew***

2011 NPC Eastern USA's XCriticalBenchX's Avatar
    XCriticalBenchX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XCriticalBenchX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XCriticalBenchX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XCriticalBenchX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XCriticalBenchX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XCriticalBenchX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XCriticalBenchX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XCriticalBenchX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XCriticalBenchX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XCriticalBenchX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XCriticalBenchX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you are really drinking 6 scoops of protein a day which i wont scold you on as I do it, but you need to be adding a carb source high in fiber to it like oatmeal of my favorite, psyllium husk powder.

Mike
    Team iForce Nutrition Representative & Competitive Bodybuilder

iTrain. iCompete. iDominate. iFORCE: The results you demand at prices you can afford
    ***This is bodybuilding, if you're not in it 100%, get the FUK out

schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000) schneppy07 is just really nice. (+1000)

Thanks all!!

That is way to much protein powder. If you eat more actual food your stomach probably will not bother you as bad.
    Thomas Schnepp
    *Professional Natural Bodybuilder 2016
    *NGA HOA 5th place pro finish 2016
    *NPC Nationally qualified natural bodybuilder 2014
    Contest prep/ Weight loss coach
    Contact me: officialteamschnepp@gmail.com
    Thomas Schnepp @ Facebook
    thomasschnepp @ instigram

XCriticalBenchX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XCriticalBenchX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XCriticalBenchX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XCriticalBenchX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XCriticalBenchX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XCriticalBenchX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XCriticalBenchX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XCriticalBenchX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XCriticalBenchX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XCriticalBenchX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XCriticalBenchX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by schneppy07 View Post
    That is way to much protein powder. If you eat more actual food your stomach probably will not bother you as bad.
    I'm the opposite, although I have gastroparesis. Food bothers my stomach a hell of a lot more than liquid meals. The majority of my meals are liquid but i blend alot of whole food into my shakes.

Protein Powder
    Peanut Butter
    Cottage Cheese
    Oatmeal
    Cereal
    Flax Seeds
    Psyllium Husk Powder
    Milk

and much more!

Mike

iTrain. iCompete. iDominate. iFORCE: The results you demand at prices you can afford

Intervals is not very well liked. (-100) Intervals is not very well liked. (-100) Intervals is not very well liked. (-100) Intervals is not very well liked. (-100) Intervals is not very well liked. (-100) Intervals is not very well liked. (-100) Intervals is not very well liked. (-100) Intervals is not very well liked. (-100) Intervals is not very well liked. (-100) Intervals is not very well liked. (-100) Intervals is not very well liked. (-100)
    -drink a minimum of half gallon water per day
    -eat more fiber

you're ganna make it brah.

Intervals is not very well liked. (-100) Intervals is not very well liked. (-100) Intervals is not very well liked. (-100) Intervals is not very well liked. (-100) Intervals is not very well liked. (-100) Intervals is not very well liked. (-100) Intervals is not very well liked. (-100) Intervals is not very well liked. (-100) Intervals is not very well liked. (-100) Intervals is not very well liked. (-100) Intervals is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by MindBogger View Post
    A high protien diet can cause constipaton. Could alwaystry drinking more fiber. Don't wanttoget a hemorhoid. From to much pushing
    lolrepped

Originally Posted by Intervals View Post
    -drink a minimum of half gallon water per day
    -eat more fiber

you're ganna make it brah.
    1/2 gallon of water?? Jesus, I drink that before lunch lol.

Mike

BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000)
    I agree.. worst gas ever and your body needs to process solid foods to also kick up your metabolism. I only use whey in my morning snack with plain greek yogurt and post training with Karbolyn.
    ~*~* THIS SPACE FOR SUPPLEMENT COMPANY RENT ~*~*

My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of ________________.

Originally Posted by BB12s View Post
    I agree.. worst gas ever and your body needs to process solid foods to also kick up your metabolism. I only use whey in my morning snack with plain greek yogurt and post training with Karbolyn.
    Luckily, I get no gas from protein shakes!

Mike

Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Protein in general when increased can cause constipation. Whey alone will not do this. Increase your fiber intake to compensate.
    If you not feeling the burn your not pushing hard enough.
    "Don't talk about it, be about it" MK
    Change, Challenge, Compete

Sizeslim Lead Rep

Originally Posted by Cheftepesh View Post
    Protein in general when increased can cause constipation. Whey alone will not do this. Increase your fiber intake to compensate.
    I mix a tablespoon of psyllium husk in all my protein shakes..

Mike